[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How? How is this one of the only titles from the reboot to survive

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 6

File: Red_Hood_and_the_Outlaws_Vol_1_1.jpg (898KB, 1280x1970px) Image search: [Google]
Red_Hood_and_the_Outlaws_Vol_1_1.jpg
898KB, 1280x1970px
How? How is this one of the only titles from the reboot to survive all the way into rebirth? Why is this allowed? Why does DC still have Scott Lobdell writing for them? Does he have shit on Jim Lee or something?
>>
>>85628046
And angery about this because.....?
>>
Lobdell said he was asked to write it and he himself was surprised they did so.
>>
>>85628083

Dial H, Animal Man, Swamp Thing, Demon Knights, Frankenstein, I, Vampire and All Star Western get cancelled long before Rebirth, but Red Hood gets to go on and even gets renewed?
>>
>>85628191
Those books either ended or did cancellation numbers, Lobhood does just well enough to not be.
>>
>>85628213

It's more of an indictment of the fans, really. All those creative, intriguing and boundary pushing books don't get so much of a look, but Red Hood does?
>>
>>85628284

>creative, intriguing and boundary pushing books

That's not what people read DC for. Bat characters, "witty banter", and half naked broads are which is why Red Hood has lasted and Harley Quinn is the hottest shit with Jim Lee putting her on Batman and Superman's level of importance
>>
>>85628284
Dude, are you seriously comparing RED HOOD to 'literally who' books? Like, really?
>>
>>85628284
>All those creative, intriguing and boundary pushing books don't get so much of a look
Welcome to comics, enjoy your cancelled Prez.
>>
>>85628191
Frankenstein was not very good.
>>
File: giphy.gif (955KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
955KB, 500x281px
>>85628674

>Welcome to comics, enjoy your cancelled Prez.

I will.
>>
>>85628046
So how was Bruce supposed to feel about him running around like an asshole and pissing all over the Bat-Ethos by brandishing guns everywhere while also wearing a Bat Symbol?

You could accuse him of being lazy by Bat Family standards, really. "Oh, they have guns, so you needed a gun? Your skills are rotting."
>>
>>85628702
Such is life in comicsland. It'd be easier if we were all millionaires and buy fuckload of copies.
>>85628722
Shooting in knees, yo.
>>
>>85628722
Jason barely used his guns through the whole series though. It was martial arts or his swords most of the time.
>>
>>85628046
It barely stayed above cancellation numbers thanks to Batfamily crossovers. That, and Jasonfags who just want to read about characterwank
>>
>>85628751

I've considered going to an LCS, buying a bunch of struggling copies and then telling the guy behind the desk to pass them out to buyers, but...charity's difficult when you're living paycheck to paycheck.
>>
>>85628722
He "does the things that Batman can't do", which mostly consists of whining and the occasional killing
>>
>>85628991
I know, senpai. If I had money I don't, I'd support hell out of struggling copies. But since I'm not imitating Scrooge McDuck's swimming in coins shtick...
>>
>>85628722

That shit was never addressed. Lots of things was never adressed like how the characters weren't really outlaws despite the book being called like that.
>>
>>85628046
>tfw the only time Jason was written well in the New 52 was in Bat crossovers when he was getting his ass handed to him by every other Batfamily character
>>
>>85628751

Red Hood killed tons of people in his books. He never stopped killing. He just doesn't kill while in Gotham, but that doesn't explain shit because he's still killing people outside of Gotham while wearing a bat logo on his chest.
>>
>>85629156
>>
>>85628191
It's because Casuals love Jason thanks to the Arkham game, no DC isn't making comics ro cater to you, they are doing for the casuals they hope will by their shitty books
>>
>>85629156
>Jason being written well
>in batfamily crossovers
Whatever makes you sleep at night, anon.
>>
>>85629192

No, casuals love Jason because of the Batman: Under the Red Hood animated movie.

The Arkham Knight game and comic actually had a well-written Jason Todd.
>>
There are three answers for that question:

He's a Bat-related character and one of the Robins.
Casuals loved the character since the animated movie starring him.
Bob Harras and Jim Lee keeps giving Scott Lobdell new jobs.
>>
>>85629210
Compared to Lobdell's RHATO, Robin War might as well be Jason's All-Star Superman
>>
>>85629509
Lobdell has many faults, but his portrayal of Jason is definitely not one of them. Which I think the reason why dc give him red hood for the third time.

>Robin war
Yeah, the event where everyone acted like an idiot. Sure thing, anon.
>>
>>85629702

Jason and Damian weren't acting like idiots.
>>
>>85629716
Jason maybe, but Damian acted like a complete fool when he joined the Owls without bothering to tell Jason and Tim about his plan and get himself and the others in danger.
>>
>>85629770

That was keeping with his character, though. He's twelve, first of all, so he doesn't really have the capacity to think things completely through. Second, he tries to do things the way that he thinks his father does, but once again, his reasoning capacity keeps him from truly doing what Batman would do and only does what he thinks Batman would do.
>>
>>85630054

A lack of a fully developed mind doesn't mean that he isn't also a trained killer who's basically been through League of Assassins bootcamp from the day that he was birthed from an artificial womb. Not to mention that he's been living and working with the Goddamned Batman for more than a year now.

If Robin can't take down bigger, older and more experienced characters, then why does Batman keep him around?
>>
>>85629952
>He's twelve, first of all, so he doesn't really have the capacity to think things completely through.
And yet the writers have no problem making a 12 year old take down a bigger, older and more experienced characters than him.
>>
>>85630109
>If Robin can't take down bigger, older and more experienced characters, then why does Batman keep him around?
He take down Jason and Tim, anon. A characters who were trained by Batman himself.
>>
>>85630121
Wait, did my post get deleted?
>>
>>85629177
>but that doesn't explain shit because he's still killing people outside of Gotham while wearing a bat logo on his chest.

Bruce has said he respects and values Jason because he can count on him doing the killing thing if there ever comes a time where Bruce's non-lethal methods fail.
>>
Damian joining the owls isn't any different than Dick joining the owls or Spyral. People are just butthurt at Damian took down Jason and Tim.
>>
File: latest.jpg (244KB, 640x695px) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
244KB, 640x695px
>>85630180

Right. But they don't have nearly as much training as he did. They've just been doing it for a few years, he's been doing it his whole life. Remember, Talia wasn't just training him to become a world class assassin, she was also training him to one day take over the League AND become Batman.
>>
>>85629770
That's Damian being Damian anon.
>>
>>85630246
Jason got a lot of training too. He was trained by Batman, LoA and All-caste after all. A 12 year old shouldn't have taken him down easily.

And why did Damian even attacked Tim?
>>
>>85628046
It sold pretty well even after 5 years of the plot going nowhere, and as to why Lobdell that's between Harras, Scott himself and a dead hooker in the Nevada desert.
>>
>>85629702
As opposed to Red Hood and the Outlaws, where everyone acted like idiots.

And no, character wanking does not count as good writing
>>
>>85630496

I didn't know anyone needed a reason to attack Tim.
>>
>>85631152
It didn't really sell well, it just barely avoided cancellation because of crossovers. And it was the worst-selling Bat book of Rebirth
>>
>>85631432
Well, can't argue with that to be honest.
>>
>>85631506
Manging to sell almost 90k copies is considering a bad thing now?
>>
>>85630209

That's bullshit.
>>
File: 1457014433024-1.png (302KB, 704x335px) Image search: [Google]
1457014433024-1.png
302KB, 704x335px
>>85631916
>>
>>85631506
>It didn't really sell well, it just barely avoided cancellation because of crossovers
Did RH/A have that many crossovers? Anyway it only went under 20,000 in the months before rebirth, that isn't bad for a book which left half of Jason's fanbase pissed, had a plot that barely mattered, and the general consensus for the poor bastards who carried on reading was "just dumb fun/ I've read worse".
>>
>>85631975

Yeah, that's bullshit.
>>
>>85628046
Cause it developed a loyal fan base
>>
>>85631993
And why is that?
>>
>>85631992
It was under 18k before convergence, too. And it had the Night of the Owls and Death of the Family early on to prop it up. After DOTF, it dropped hard (like all the other Bat books) because it was no longer building up to the next Snyder event
>>
>>85632103

Because it's written by Tynion and because it's trying to find ways to excuse Red Hood current character behavior so that he can still show up during cross-overs and whatnot alongside the Bat-Family, because that's what the fans like and find cute.

Basically, it's trying to side-step the elephant in the room.
>>
>>85631992
Funny thing tho is during the rebirth week many books fall pretty hard (Grayson and R:SOB were selling around 30 and fall to 20.000, losing 10k followers) while RH/A stayed stable and only lost around 3k.
>>
>>85628672
It's not like Jason was other thing like the Robin who died and can't get off his batdick's lust.
>>
Serious question, why /co/ is so butthurt about Jason and his fans? Because I honestly don't understand why.
>>
>>85628695

Maybe, but at least it had some kind of cohesion. Lobdell is like reading a boring story needlessly chopped up and re-edited to be more confusing.
>>
>>85629211
I'm sorry dude, but casuals (as in the people who don't read comics) haven't even herd of the Under the Redhood animated movie, or most dc animated films. The Jason Todd boom happened when Arkham Knight came out.
>>
>>85632876
It's /co/. They hate pretty much anything and everything whether they have a good reason or not because it's anonymous site.

I actually think that Jason is the most interesting Robin and his fans are the least annoying. Also, RHaTO and RH/A are pretty fun books and RHaTO Rebirth is great. So, just ignore it anon and don't let it bother you because no one here will give you a legitimate reason about why.
>>
>>85633534

That shit taste, m8
>>
>>85634796
Not that anon, but RHatO is a guilty pleasure of mine, we all have that one comic on our shelf that we know is hot garbage, but for some reason we love it anyway.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (57KB, 937x167px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
57KB, 937x167px
>>85635310
True, but there are some out there who will go absolutely nuts if you say the slightest critical thing about it. For some odd reason, a lot of Jason/RHATO fans are really vocal and are always acting as if they're misunderstood victims
>>
>>85632127
RHATO's sales tanked afer Lobdell left and was replaced by Tynion. While it had drops from around 2k~3k per issue, with Tynion it went free fall with nearly 10k drops every issue.
>>
>>85636273

Where exactly are you seeing "10k drops every issue"? The only time it dropped 10k was when Lobdell was on the book

Scott Lobdell isn't Geoff Johns. No one gives a shit if he gets taken off the title. Sales dropped because Lobdell's run had so many Bat tie-ins propping it up

>Red Hood And The Outlaws 18 $2.99 DC 37,731 (Lobdell's last issue, a tie-in to Requiem)
>Red Hood And The Outlaws 19 $2.99 DC 36,630 (Tynion's first issue)
>Red Hood And The Outlaws 20 $2.99 DC 34,542
>Red Hood and the Outlaws 21 $2.99 DC 32,416
>Red Hood And The Outlaws 22 $2.99 DC 30,534
>Red Hood and The Outlaws 23 $2.99 DC 28,821
>Red Hood and the Outlaws 24 $2.99 DC 27,128
>Red Hood And The Outlaws 25 $3.99 DC 30,632 (Zero Year tie-in)
>Red Hood And The Outlaws 26 $2.99 DC 25,382
>Red Hood and The Outlaws 27 $2.99 DC 24,813
>Red Hood And The Outlaws 28 $2.99 DC 23,236
>Red Hood and The Outlaws 29 $2.99 DC 22,316
>Red Hood And The Outlaws 30 $2.99 DC 21,718
>Red Hood And The Outlaws 31 $2.99 DC 21,257
>Red Hood and the Outlaws 32 $2.99 DC 33,081 (Lobdell's first issue back, sales propped up by a variant cover, no other issues received variants)
> Red Hood And The Outlaws 33 $2.99 DC 20,669
>>
>>85636229
>For some odd reason
It's because they ALWAYS get attacked by someone whenever anyone say "I like rhato". See >>85634796

It's actually no suprise why they get defensive and it's people like you who act like a victim.

If they like rhato, then freaking let them be. Everyone has the right to like whatever they want.
>>
>>85636544
Last three months of Red Hood and the Outlaws:

>Red Hood and the Outlaws 38 $2.99 DC 18,014
>Red Hood And The Outlaws 39 $2.99 DC 17,270
>Red Hood and the Outlaws 40 $2.99 DC 17,110

Last 3 months of Red Hood/Arsenal (while getting variant covers to prop up sales)

>Red Hood Arsenal 11 $2.99 DC 19,711
>Red Hood Arsenal 12 $2.99 DC 16,402
>Red Hood Arsenal 13 $2.99 DC 16,389
>>
>>85636662
Or because people who don't like it keep getting attacked for not liking it?
>>
>>85636720
No one would have attacked you if you didn't attack first.

And I only saw rhato fans in defensive mood, never in attack mood. So, it's pretty obvious who started it.
>>
>>85636878
RHATO fans were "attacked" when the first issue came out and got awful reviews thanks to Starfire. Since then, it's been "RHATO is great and the only people who don't like it are SJWs"
>>
>>85633425
Then how has Lobhood lasted this long?
It's bad, why do people keep reading it?
>>
>>85639713
>Then how has Lobhood lasted this long?
>It's bad, why do people keep reading it?

Don't take this the wrong way I'm a Jasonfag and I've enjoyed rebirth Outlaws so far, but quality has no bearing on a books sales, Jason is a reasonably popular character by now and has about enough fans to sustain an ongoing no matter who writes it so they kept Lobdell on even though at best he's an average writer.
Thinking about it Jason is where Dick was in the early 2000s DC don't know what to do with him but "fuck it he sells and we need the money." Unfortunately he sells less so so Lobdell's probably here until he retires.
>>
>>85636229
>True, but there are some out there who will go absolutely nuts if you say the slightest critical thing about it. For some odd reason, a lot of Jason/RHATO fans are really vocal and are always acting as if they're misunderstood victims

Just like that DT guy on CBR who will write paragraphs if anyone is even slightly critical of Lobdell
>>
>>85641152
That DT guy posts everywhere, including here.
>>
>>85639987
>Lobdell's probably here until he retires.

I see no problem with that
>>
>>85628191
Animal Man and Swamp Thing went to shit during Rotworld. Demon Knights went to shit after like 10 issues. Frankenstein was always shit. All Star Western had its ups and downs.

I'll give you Dial H and I Vampire. Those were great. But the others were canceled because they weren't good anymore. Part of the problem is from shuffling writers around. But another problem is hooking readers. Dial H was great, but it looks stupid before you actually read it. The premise sounds dumb, the protagonist seems unappealing, and everything is just really weird. I know I hesitated to read it. I bet a lot of people never gave it a chance, and they should have done a better job making the comic look appealing.
Thread posts: 76
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.