[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Damn this show is good. I'm halfway through season 2, which

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: Young_Justice_TV_series.png (104KB, 250x375px) Image search: [Google]
Young_Justice_TV_series.png
104KB, 250x375px
Damn this show is good. I'm halfway through season 2, which feels a bit overcrowded. I liked the first season more, because every character got some serious development. Why the hell did they cancel this gem?
>>
>>85623506

Toy sales.
>>
>>85623506
Didn't sell as much toys as they were expecting
>>
>>85623546
>>85623557
weird. at least for me the show seemed to be aimed at teenagers in the 13 to 16 range. who the hell thought they would buy lots of toys?
>>
Girls were watching.
>>
>>85623546
at least this explains why sphere/ the super cycle looked so much like a toy compared to the other vehicles
>>
Not enough of the target audience watched it.

It's really stupid stuff. This and Green Lantern TAS were killed over stupid reasons.
>>
they are still hope for season 3
>>
Who the hell was the target audience to begin with and who thought producing such would be a good idea?
>hey let's make a serious DC show, younger kids will sure love our non-episodic narrative without comic reliefs and older teens will totally favor our shit over japanese anime where they can enjoy uncensored violence, swearing and not-so-subtle sexual innuendos, I see no reason it wouldn't work out!
Nothing worked out about YJ, the few jokes were bad, the shipping felt painfully forced because there was zero chemistry, the grimdark atmosphere was cringe-worthy and while the main plot was good, it got ruined by bad pacing and wrong focus on characters.

I wasted so many hours on this show and I will never get this time back, you have no idea how frustrating it felt watching it while expecting it to get better with each episode, only to be even more disappointed afterwards.
I see why some people like it and I guess the world have been better off with a movie, not a show that wasn't to work out from the very beginning.
>>
>>85624548

Well part of the problem in the case of YJ is CN kept changing it's schedule on a whim. They would show a couple episodes then not show any for a couple months. Shit like that. Also based on what Weisman said it seems that it had less to do with viewing numbers and more to do with it not selling toys
>>
File: x-men_opening_costumes.png (574KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
x-men_opening_costumes.png
574KB, 720x540px
>>85625405
>younger kids will sure love our non-episodic narrative without comic reliefs and older teens will totally favor our shit over japanese anime
And?
>>
>>85625405
>you have no idea how frustrating it felt watching it while expecting it to get better with each episode, only to be even more disappointed afterwards.

You do realize you weren't the only person in the world who watched the show right?
>>
>>85625405
The action was good I think. But I agree, especially with the relationship stuff.

It seemed like M'gann brainwashed Superboy into being attracted to her, and Artemis and Wally hooked up between seasons lol. Being snippy at each other doesn't count.

S1 dragged out the Light reveal for too long, too many episodes ending the same just as planned way. S2 juggled so many characters but M'gann and Jaime hogged most of the time anyway.
>>
>>85625839
I will never forget the DC Nation shitstorm, and that one anon who got a girlfriend and sexytimes out of it.

I have a soft spot for YJ despite its flaws since it's the first show I watched from beginning to end with /co/, pilot preview included.
>>
>>85626062
>I will never forget the DC Nation shitstorm, and that one anon who got a girlfriend and sexytimes out of it.

wait, what?
>>
>>85623506
The abridged series is better
>>
>>85625950
Anon pls no one on this board actually watches cartoons based on comics. Just like they don't actually read comics.

>>85626062
It still had enough good ideas to keep the people who knew about it interested despite some obvious flaws. Otherwise people wouldn't talk about it so much. To be honest I actually didn't like the pilot where they broke into Cadmus and saved Superboy. I thought it was sorta boring and dragged out too long but I stuck with it because pilots are actually rarely good or even an accurate representation of the series.
>got a girlfriend and sexytimes
What the fuck? I missed this. What happened?
>>
>>85623506
They cancelled it because /co/ didn't like it
>>
>>85626121
>Anon and girl friend watch YJ together
>When DC Nation is shelved she starts crying
>Anon spills spaghetti in the talkback turned shitstorm threads
>Anons tell him to chill and go hug her or shit
>Later, anon shows up, they're both feeling better now
>He shares color of her panties in spoilers
>boom chikka wow wow happened
>Girl friend becomes girlfriend
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.