[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just finished re-watching The Last Airbender. Should I re-watch

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: lok.jpg (1005KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
lok.jpg
1005KB, 1680x1050px
Just finished re-watching The Last Airbender. Should I re-watch Korra as well?

As far as I remember all but the third season were pretty shit, but it did have some good moments.
>>
>>85617759
But why?
>>
File: 1337579927535.jpg (137KB, 700x543px) Image search: [Google]
1337579927535.jpg
137KB, 700x543px
Korra is textbook "great idea, flawed execution". Season 1 has so many great ideas (anarchist revolution in rapidly industrializing magic society tempered by young upstart reincarnation of THE GUY who created the status quo with a side of magic sports) but fell flat on a lot of fronts (villain reveals, character development is short-changed, the plot needs a bit more weight concerning civilians and whether they are genuinely dissatisfied with Republic City's political officials, etc.). Even Season 2 has some cool ideas despite being a flaming trash heap in almost ever other regard (Korra has to explore her more spiritual side, water tribe civil war, Tenzin's Family Vacation giving character development to some of the most underdeveloped S1 characters, Aubrie Plaza voicing a character).

Season 3 is the only unambiguously good season. Season 4 is really good up until the mech, which was actually a weird reversal for Korra: a terrible idea that was executed well.

All in all I think Korra doesn't get enough credit around these parts, but it isn't as good as The Last Airbender. I'd say its a solid 7 or 8 / 10 series, which is only bad when compared with the at LEAST 9/10 ATLA. Only rewatch it if you really get a hankering for it.
>>
File: 1450829116641.jpg (80KB, 500x605px) Image search: [Google]
1450829116641.jpg
80KB, 500x605px
>>85619235
Pretty much this. Also the fight scenes are good throughout the whole series, including S2 finale which people probably skipped.
>>
>>85617601
/co/ has a massive hateboner for Korra...you won't find any meaningful discussion here.
>>
>>85619235
>flawed execution
>fell flat on a lot of fronts
>a flaming trash heap in almost ever other regard

>solid 7 or 8 / 10 series

Did 4chan just combine two different users' posts or something?
>>
>>85618426
it was awful it had a ton of plot holes and then they turn korra gay for no reason
>>
>>85620416
It's not a hate boner when it's complete shit for a series.

That's like saying /v/ has a hate boner for sonic 06.

But really OP don't bother, you would waste more time than it was worth watching the series. I think it's something worth watching when you have nothing else and need to waste time in life. But lets be fair, LoK season 3 was the only watchable one which still felt empty because everything was finished and wrapped in a neat bow by the end of the season. There was no reason to feel invested in the next season or be excited for what came next. Just finish on ATLA, remember it fondly and remember the good moments. All korra is going to do is remind you "Man, these were some solid world building concepts and conflict concepts that are not fleshed out at all and left as some minor detail that is unimportant."

>>85620763
No, IGN just visited /co/ I guess.
>>
>>85620966
>for no reason

I think they had a reason, it's just that the reason was sacrificing all pretense of a coherent narrative for a gimmick.
>>
>>85617601
If you're a loser with nothing else to do, just watch it. It brings some nice stuff to the table and you can refresh your memory of all the terrible things under the table.
>>
>>85617601
I thought the first season was fine other than the romance and energy bending at the end.
Plus the pro bending wastes a good chunk of time.

Second season is garbage besides the Wan episodes.

Fourth season is good until the last few episodes since it doesn't really come together.
>>
>>85617601
Season 1 had great animation.
Season 2 is lowest point of the franchise, but at the end had some of the best fights in the franchise
Season 3 stands out because it's actually ok
Season 4 has Zelda Williams. She did good.
>>
>>85620996
>No, IGN just visited /co/ I guess.

Yeah, score inflation was my second guess. LoK was a 6/10 at best.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.