[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How much do you think Alfred gets paid? I suppose he's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 126
Thread images: 12

File: hqdefault.jpg (16KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
16KB, 480x360px
How much do you think Alfred gets paid?

I suppose he's paid very well because of all the Batman shit he has to do in addition to his butler job
>>
Nothing.he was the legal tutor of lil bruce till 18 so he had absolute control of wayne fortune for a time, Also he should have an obsesive compulsive disorder to mantain the mantion clean and help batman in the night.
>>
>>85615130
He does it free
>>
>>85615130
I always imagined he does it for free because he has a life debt to the family.
>>
>>85615130
he must be very rich keeping in mind that he was bruce's legal tutor. he probably stays just because they're family
>>
>>85615438
This. Alfred probably has complete access to Bruce's Money. I mean hell, even the shit that Bruce actually owns, Alfred probably bought for him (the civilian stuff, not the sci-fi crime gear)
>>
>>85615130
Nothing, he doesn't care about the money. Bruce is practically his son, he does it out of love.
>>
I feel like he has access to all the money he needs with Bruce trusting him to not go crazy with it.

Saying he's his dad doesn't work here, since last I checked Dad doesn't clean everything by himself for his grown adult son. He's still treated and acts like a servant
>>
>>85615581

Uhhh, No he doesn't.If anything they have a debt with him since he took care of their autist son all this time
>>
I imagine that he does get paid a certain fee out of legality or custom, but he doesnt really need it, he's practically Bruce's father. So he likely has complete access to the wayne fortune so he can use it around the house etc etc.

After all, he's the one who really lives in it. Bruce just sort of haunts it like a mausoleum when hes not batman
>>
File: SBA2006p054.jpg (403KB, 474x1008px) Image search: [Google]
SBA2006p054.jpg
403KB, 474x1008px
>>85615515
>>85615581

Read more comics.

>>85615607
/thread

Although I would say the free and ample access to snark and sass the Batman with ZERO impunity is priceless.
>>
In reality Bruce owns him like a slave. Alfred knows he can't deny Bruce. He knows he can't just get up and leave one day. He knows Bruce will fucking kill him because he is Batman. Alfred knows how dangerous he is. He has to do what ever he says or he will be toasted.
>>
>>85618263
kinky
>>
>>85616333
the main issue I have with that is it means if Bruce goes bankrupt, Alfred is left with nothing. He at least deserves a fat retirement fund that would be unaffected if Wayne Enterprises went kaput
>>
>>85615130
>How much do you think Alfred gets paid?

Not nearly enough given all the shit he goes through for Bruce.
>>
>>85615130
I bet if I search this in the archives, I'd find at least 5 similar results
>>
>>85618263
he probably still gets a paycheck legally, he just never needs to spend it so it goes almost all to savings/retirement
>>
>>85615130
Do the Robins get allowances?
>>
>>85618263
Only in regards to Batfleck.
>>
>>85618381
Alfred handles so much work for Bruce, he must be a smart financial planner. He'd at least be smart enough to give himself some kind of safety net.
>>
File: V face.jpg (18KB, 354x308px) Image search: [Google]
V face.jpg
18KB, 354x308px
>>85615130
Why did he become a butler after he was a british spy?
>>
>>85615130
Two hotpockets a day.
>>
I bet he cums in his food.
>>
>>85620099
what else would he do?
>>
>>85620366
>Protein boosting Batman's food
Alfred knows what needs to be done to fight crime.
>>
They're partners in crime and he's basically Bruce's father. I'm pretty sure Bruce lets him do whatever he wants.
>>
>>85620099
Spying and Butlering are literally the only jobs open to brits in the States.
>>
>>85620099

>Why would a man whose career is taking orders and fulfilling tasks for powerful people move into a career that involves taking orders and fulfilling tasks for powerful people

A butler is much more than someone who cleans and cooks, they are basically a steward for a large household organization. Alfred would have been in charge of all of Thomas Wayne's household staff and security, the maintenance of the grounds, the upkeep and maintenance of the building itself, probably had a large part in planning Thomas's schedule and any sort of social functions that were being hosted at Wayne Manor, acted as a driver, porter and bodyguard to Thomas, and generally was a trusted confidant of one of the richest and most powerful men in the country. For an ex military man moving into old age, you could do much, much worse.
>>
>>85620099
A long time ago, I was in Burma. My friends and I were working for the local government.

They were trying to buy the loyalty of tribal leaders by bribing them with precious stones. But their caravans were being raided in a forest north of Rangoon by a bandit.
So, we went looking for the stones. But in six months, we never met anybody who traded with him. One day, I saw a child playing with a ruby the size of a tangerine.

The bandit had been throwing them away.
>>
>>85620726
This is true except they literally never show any other stuff. He's not Bruce's butler, he's the maid, chauffeur, cook, nurse, uniform maker, etc. There's all those stories of Bruce stripping off his gauntlets or boots in the cave and Alfred picking up after him like Bruce is a petty teenager and Alfred is the indulgent, cowed mom.
>>
>>85620745
A tangerine.
>>
>>85620745
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZS6bD3SpIvk
>>
>>85618263
>He knows Bruce will fucking kill him because he is Batman
uh
who lets assholes like this on to /co/
or even out of the womb
>>
File: Janitor.jpg (30KB, 508x512px) Image search: [Google]
Janitor.jpg
30KB, 508x512px
>>85615130
>>
>>85618707
DCAU Tim definitely did
>>
File: Butlerman.jpg (75KB, 571x298px) Image search: [Google]
Butlerman.jpg
75KB, 571x298px
>>85618263
>He knows Bruce will fucking kill him because he is Batman.
There's only one Batman, m'am, and he doesn't dress like that
>Alfred knows how dangerous he is
But you clearly don't know how dangerous Alfred is.
>>
File: HOvxX.jpg (107KB, 1252x746px) Image search: [Google]
HOvxX.jpg
107KB, 1252x746px
>>
>>85620702

That and fucking your women ayyy lmao
>>
>>85618263
>Alfred knows he can't deny Bruce
he left bruce after knightfall
>>
>>85615607
>>85615438
>>85616333
>>85617972

If he was in control of the Wayne fortune that money would mostly have been held in trust, meaning he as trustee would have had next to no access to it, though as Bruce's guardian he would have had some say in how Bruce chose to spend it.

As head housekeeper for the family, he would also have access to the budget for maintenance of Wayne family properties, which would be far far smaller than the total wealth of the family though still significant. In practice however this would still simply be a budget to be managed and kept under control, although from the looks of things in recent movies he was spending it all on crack and whores instead of roombas.

>>85615130
That's an unsupported assumption. According to industry sources the current rate is between $50,000 to $150,000 a year, with live-in butlers making much less (because they're receiving room and board in your luxurious home). Having said that, $50,000 is just shy of the US median household income, so for an unmarried, childless individual it's actually fairly good, if not particularly high.
>>
>>85618707
Yeah Bruce always leaves money on the nightstand.
>>
>>85620099
>>85620745
>spy

He was in the Army. As a conscript. Most men his age were.
>>
>>85622333
>so for an unmarried, childless individual it's actually fairly good, if not particularly high.
But Alfred does have children
>>
>>85622361
Conscript? I thought he was SAS
>>
>>85620099
It was his father's dying wish.
>>
>>85618707
Yes, or they just ask Bruce for shit.

I remember a pre-Flashpoint issue of Nightwing where he asked Bruce to buy like a dozen penthouse suites or something for stopover points and safehouses, and I think Bruce just wrote him a cheque.
>>
>>85615607
I thought it was Lucius who controlled Bruce's finances?
>>
>>85622361
it honestly depends on the continuity, DCAU Alfred was a former British Secret Service agent for example

also I found out that DCAU Alfred's primary VA died a couple years ago and now I'm sad
>>
>>85618044

>Although I would say the free and ample access to snark and sass the Batman with ZERO impunity is priceless.

This. He was fucking hilarious in that one ep of Batman TAS (the one where he's put on trial in Arkham). While in the Batcave listening to the news, they hear a Gotham attorney talk about haw insane Batman is.

To which Alfred says, "How dare her! You're the very model of sanity! By the way sir, I washed your tights and put away your exploding gas balls."

Bruce practically growls as he says, "Thank you Alfred.".

Being able to say that to Batman? Priceless.
>>
>>85622383
>But Alfred does have children
Haven't those been retconned, like Gordon's son who poisoned tens of thousands of orphans on a lark?
>>
>>85623416

He has a mixed daughter.
>>
Ok, so speaking of Bruce's finances, what the fuck does he do if Wayne Enterprises starts going to shit? Also if the whole funding/arming Batman thing got out would the company's stock rise or fall?
>>
>>85620702
What chimney sweeper or chocolate factory manager?
>>
>>85623771
>Ok, so speaking of Bruce's finances, what the fuck does he do if Wayne Enterprises starts going to shit?
The economy is magic. It's why the Fantastic Four and Tony Stark are rich as fuck even though none of their work is for sale.
>>
>>85625364
I always wonder how Wayne Enterprises actually makes money. The shit they design for Batman is amazing, but obviously not sold to either Governments or civilians. Do they have a dedicated Batman division to cater to Bruce's whims?

That being said though, wouldn't it be pretty hard to keep this shit under wraps? Real life companies obviously are very protective of trade secrets and their internal workings, but wouldn't the workers get suspicious over all the high tech military grade shit they're producing?
>>
>>85625487
>I always wonder how Wayne Enterprises actually makes money.

They are like Samsung when it comes to phones. They make pretty much everything that produces Blue collar jobs, from construction to transport. They are huge in communication and they have their own "tesco". They do everything.

Also Before new52 they absorbed Lexcorp at least once (Bruce wayne's payback for the fugitive storyline).
>>
>>85625487
bruce pretty much invets/creates/work on his gear himself in the batcave or in any other hideout of his, the bruce is a retarded faggot who only screams SWEAR TO ME and is unable to invent his own equipment is a meme created by the nolan movies in order to make batman "realistic"
>>
>>85625364
the same goes for stark's company and for the fantastic four one.

they deal with a lot of mundane shit, like mobile phones and building aircrafts and other vehicle parts
>>
>>85625652
Techwise marvel is a total mess, i lived when the universe was quite advenced compared to us. But it went to shit in the 2000's when they went full "the characters have iphones too"
>>
File: Julia_Pennyworth_(Prime_Earth).jpg (28KB, 237x441px) Image search: [Google]
Julia_Pennyworth_(Prime_Earth).jpg
28KB, 237x441px
>>85623416
COLONIZED
>>
>>85625875
Delicious chocolate...
>>
>>85616584
>.If anything they have a debt with him

gonna be hard for them to pay that off.
>>
>>85625825
With the tech-level marvelverse' have there's really nothing stopping humanity from leaving earth and start colonizing the stars. Except for super scientist being general dicks.

I'd love to see some comic set in the future marvel where super-tech has become common place and mankind is starting to become a noticeable presence in the galactic scene.

Imagine battalions of Ironman armor wearing soldiers augmented with the Cap's super serum fighting against the Kree and the Skrull for domination.
>>
>>85622985
>also I found out that DCAU Alfred's primary VA died a couple years ago and now I'm sad

I just remembered that, too..

Man,a lot of the BTAS voice actors where already older. So many of them have died
>>
>>85625978
This. This frustrates me so much. It would be so fun to read a comic about how human advances into space in a world with superheroes.
>>
>>85622194
so how dangerous is Alfred?
>>
>>85625364
IIRC Reed makes a lot of money from companies bribing him NOT to release his products and put them out of business.
>>
>>85625630
>bruce pretty much invets/creates/work on his gear himself in the batcave or in any other hideout of his

Bruce has some pretty advanced/intricate stuff though, I feel like he'd need some cooperation from his corp to make shit. Batarangs and smoke pellets and shit are probably 100% Bruce tinkering in his workshop, but when the nigga starts designing advanced planes and super computers from the ground up it's a little ridiculous.
>>
File: Batman_cashing_in.jpg (265KB, 410x600px) Image search: [Google]
Batman_cashing_in.jpg
265KB, 410x600px
>>85615130
>How much do you think Alfred gets paid?
pic related
>>
>>85615130
ha, I read a coming where it was specifically raised to 500, 000 a year because he now counts as Bruce Wayne publicist.

so he does alright
>>
Bruce allows him access to the fortune.
>>
>>85626068
Conroy looks like he could be Moot's dad.
>>
>>85626189
>I feel like he'd need some cooperation from his corp to make shit. Batarangs and smoke pellets and shit are probably 100% Bruce tinkering in his workshop, but when the nigga starts designing advanced planes and super computers from the ground up it's a little ridiculous.

Why?
>>
>>85618553

So you're saying actual comic related discussions are not allowed ,but endless steven universe shitposting and waifu threads are fine?

>/co/ and /ca/ segregation when?
>>
>>85626189

Doesn't Lucius design most of the complicated shit? Bruce isn't that great an inventor, he's good at business and detective work. Besides, maybe he steals blue prints from some of the Justice League's engineers.
>>
File: batcard.gif (1010KB, 325x244px) Image search: [Google]
batcard.gif
1010KB, 325x244px
>>85626256
that image makes me think of this image
>>
File: the butlering.jpg (2MB, 5000x1880px) Image search: [Google]
the butlering.jpg
2MB, 5000x1880px
>>85618263
>He knows Bruce will fucking kill him
Alfred would fucking destroy Bruce.
>>
>>85626699
If /co/ was to split, the cartoons half would go to /tv/, and the comics half would go to /lit/.

And everyone loses.
>>
>>85626185
Doesn't make much sense when they could just enter into a trade relation with him and put EVERYONE ELSE in the sector out of business.

I mean unless the global economy in capeverses works like that in cape comics and there's a stagnant monopoly controlling everything. Would explain the lack of progress, really.
>>
>>85625978
>With the tech-level marvelverse' have there's really nothing stopping humanity from leaving earth and start colonizing the stars. Except for super scientist being general dicks.
I dunno mang, city-sized interstellar FTL ships with perfect cloaking technology are a dime dozend in the universe. They blow at least one of those up every year, so people who can build that stuff and the infrastructure should be easy enough to come by.
>>
>>85626556
Because they're large, intricate pieces of equipment that would require alot of time, manpower and expert knowledge in mulitple fields to be able to construct?

I get batman's smart and resourceful, but there's a point where you've gotta draw a line.
>>
>>85627719
>>85627719
>Because they're large
Nothing that a mechasuit can't move in that universe
>intricate pieces of equipment
Thank god he is the second smartest guy in the planet
>that would require alot of time
This is a good argument
>manpower
Mecha suit
>and expert knowledge in mulitple fields
Bruce has multiple degrees what are you talking about?
>>
>>85628679
>Thank god he is the second smartest guy in the planet

Nope, not by a long shot. Batman's a smart cookie but he's nowhere near the top.
>>
>>85628748
>Batman's a smart cookie but he's nowhere near the top.
But he is, but canon he is, now, it's ok to get mad, it's not ok to go muh Sivana or Ultra-monkey.
>>
>>85615130
Does it matter? If he really wanted something he couldn't afford, Bruce would get it for him because of everything he's done through out his entire life for him.
He's a man that doesn't ask for much and enjoys helping, specially Bruce who's pretty much his second father though you would probably never hear him say that.
>>
>>85618381
This is batman, anon.
He probably has like 5 contingency plans to make sure he or his family gets a big paycheck regardless of what happens to him, the money, company etc.
>>
>>85620099
Simpler job after all the shit he had to do? depending on his back story.
>>
File: WOS63sR.png (190KB, 419x422px) Image search: [Google]
WOS63sR.png
190KB, 419x422px
>>85625875
How much is that pussy worth, Alfred?
>>
>>85622833
Lucius manages Wayne Enterprises, not Bruce's personal fortune.
>>
>>85629074
about as much as barbara's

as in she's a slut and will do you for free
>>
>>85615130
He probably has an official salary that's absurdly generous as far as butlers go, but let's be real here: he's Batman's cool foster dad. Bruce is not gonna say no if Alfred suddenly wants his own tropical island full of rum and bitches, he'll just break out the checkbook.

Alfred has as much dosh as he decides he wants, and the only reason he hasn't already peace'd out is that he's just as pathologically dedicated to his cause as Batman is.
>>
>>85629074
>>85625875

How old is Julia anyway? She's gotta be about the same age as Bruce, right? Since Alfred helped raise her for a while before he started working for the Waynes.

Also, if they got together would it be taboo? How would Alfred feel about it?
>>
>>85629904
If she got Bruce to stop it with the Batman shit he'd be the happiest man on Earth.
>>
>>85629819
He's probably the one who actually manages Bruce's personal finances.
>>
>>85615130
faggots
>>
>>85625875
Julia looks just like my ex.
>>
>>85621477
probably your mom. say hi to your illegitimate brother
>>
>>85633890
o shit #roasted
>>
>>85626774

How do you know that?
Do you think Hiroshima cant just create another board?
>>
File: 2016-08-04 21.56.35.jpg (3MB, 1724x2527px) Image search: [Google]
2016-08-04 21.56.35.jpg
3MB, 1724x2527px
>>85620745
Tangerine
>>
>>85622333
I wonder if Alfred earns retirement from when he was in the british secret service?
>>
>>85637078

He wasn't a career man. He left and joined a travelling actors troup.
>>
>>85626141
He shot a Predator at point blank range with a Blunderbuss and lived to tell the tale. Thats how dangerous Alfred is.
>>
>>85615629

This.
>>
>>85628798
Lex luthor
Dr.Veritas
Mr.Terrific
Toymaster
ted cord
Ray palmer
Niles Caulder
Will Magnus

are all smarter than Batman in no particular order. read comics scrub
>>
I think he does it for free out of love and loyalty for Bruce.
>>
>>85638711
this is /co/ most of its inhabitants don't have the empathy to accept or understand that.
>>
>>85638661

It cracks me up when you guys come up with these lists. There is no specific heirarchy for DC's human genuises. All we know is that Luthor is consistently espoused as the smartest. After that it doesn't really matter and nothing's set in stone.

Also it's Kord with a K.
>>
>>85639029
>in no particular order
>>
>>85618263
Well according to hiself he could have resigned but was awed by batman's determination to his cause. It was all explained in that Final Crisis tie in.
>>
>>85635594
Because "/cpsht/" is retarded.
>>
>>85625978
Earth led the universe's defense against the builders, right? Like maybe not human soldiers, but the planet is still one of the most feared powers in the universe.
>>
>>85639478

You just listed 8 characters who you proclaim are canonically smarter than Bruce Wayne. So yes there is order there, and the fact that you lump some of those guys in with Luthor leads me to believe it's actually you who doesn't read very many comic books.

There is no defined heirarchy. You can't say for a fact that many of those scientists are smarter than any other excepting Luthor, and I know damn well you don't have the pages to back it up.
>>
>>85640021
no but i have their feats which are all greater than batman and the only reason Lex is first moron is because i was just re-reading forever eveil
>>
>>85640521
>>85640021
and again i never implied there is a hierarchy but Batman is no where near the smartest Batfag
>>
>>85640521

>Forever Evil

Lol ok. I bet you get all of your Batman characterization from Johns too.
>>
>>85641630
year one,long holloween, Batman killing joke, Batman and the outsiders, The dark knight returns etc etc
>>
>>85641630
>>85641973
I forgot Batman: Child of Dreams which got me into cape comics
>>
>>85641973
>>85642036

Funny how none of those have anything to do with whatever you've been trying to prove.
>>
>>85642075

>w-what do you know of batman
>well here are the stories i read that feature him
>haha tricked you i was merely pretending
yeah, nah, fuck off i'm done
>>
>>85642160

If that's your honest interpretation of events you are beyond help.
>>
>>85625978
The Kree-Skrull War was the Supreme a Intelligence stopping that from happening.

Marvel has since stopped caring about continuity and inverse consistency so I don't know anymore.
>>
>>85633514
you lucky cunt you didn't end it did you?
>>
>>85622333
(a) Trustees get paid

(b) Trustees get to spend the money in trust, albeit it's supposed to go for things like schooling, etc. But since they would need to draw down for household expenses, the bank would need to question - well do you really need $1000 a week for groceries or do you need $500, or $5000? Banks don't questions trustees because they make money form the trusts, and the Trustee CAN do things like move it from Bank A to Bank B.

THIS is how trustees swindle trusts every day. So he would have access to SOME of the money. He'd also be entitled to a salary for non-trustee duties (e.g. as household staff, chauffeur, etc.).
>>
>>85625364
>>85625652

I would assume Reed has patents, which is actually a good way to make money. There are entire companies who are highly profitable and they literally make absolutely nothing. No scientists, no new research, they simply make millions from old patents, they either bought, stole, or actually did create but years ago.
>>
>>85626701
That's pretty much a Nolanverse invention. Fox does invent, but he didn't make all the toys in canon, complicated or not.

>>85638661
Dr. Veritas doesn't seem to exist now.

Caulder and Cord are pretty inventive in broad ways, as is likely Palmer, not sure they could necessarily do certain things that other can do - they are smart in the way Jane Foster is likely smarter than Bruce Banner, but Bruce can probably resolve 100 random problems/situations better and faster than Foster could one-on-one, by themselves. Magnus is likely only smart in one specific area, so not sure about that, but then again I'm not sure Bruce is really that smart, just written that way often. I'd say Terrific, for example, is many levels above Magnus and even several levels above Caulder or Cord.

Luthor is probably as smart or comparable to Terrific and Lex has repeatedly stated in many circumstances that Clark is/can be his mental equal or comparable and yet many people don't put him on the list like you did.

Toymaster is really no more brilliant Magnus, so he's not even top tier, even if you meant just Hiro. he's good in one particular area, just like Magnus. But Caulder or Cord could probably blow Hiro out in say a Jeopardy challenge no problem.
Thread posts: 126
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.