[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

http://www.comicbookresources.com/a rticle/jim-lee-teases-wi

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: Wildcats 2.jpg (4MB, 10000x6683px) Image search: [Google]
Wildcats 2.jpg
4MB, 10000x6683px
http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/jim-lee-teases-wildcats-says-hed-love-to-return-to-all-star-batman-robin

>When asked if there would be a resurrection of the "WildC.A.T.s", Lee confirmed, "The answer is yes."

Are you excited about the Wildcats' return, /co/?
Today's as good a day as any to start reading their epic saga.
>>
>jim-lee-teases-wildcats-says-hed-love-to-return-to-all-star-batman-robin
>hed-love-to-return-to-all-star-batman-robin

NO ONE IS STOPPING YOU JIM
>>
Separated universe or prime earth
>>
>>85606180
Ah yes the annual teasing of ASBAR
The ritual that's been done for like 6 years now
>>
>>85606180
Look Jim, no offense I know WildC.A.T.s was Wildstorm's flagship title and everything but it was literally the worst Wildstorm series aside from Wetworks. Gen13 and Stormwatch were both much better. Backlash was better. Hell even Deathblow was better.
>>
>>85606233
I am
>>
>>85606500
Gen13 was dogshit. MooreCATs and CaseyCATs were both great.
>>
>>85606500
Robinson did a great work on the team. Casey and Lobdell did god-tier issues. Moore was okay. How was that worse than Stormwatch?
>>
>>85606793
I liked Moore's run a lot, I admit I haven't read Casey's run yet. Gen13 was great though, Warren's run is the best Wildstorm ever was and you also have Arcudi's run and everything else was solid. With Image WildC.A.T.s you have Moore's run and everything else was terrible.
>>
>>85607479
If you read the material before Moore and still think like that then your taste is terrible. Claremont managed to deliver the campiness of the characters perfectly while Robinson expanded on it and made it poetic; Moore simply reduced them to one notes that he repeated constantly throughout the run. How many times does he explain his politic conspiracy through recaps? It feels like a 3-part arc expanded needlessly. Even Larsen did a better job than Moore.
>>
>>85607761
Moore got to the root of the title and put the war into perspective, and used the characters coming to terms with their places in it as a means of exploring and developing their personalities. You say his version of the characters were one note, but if that's the case then Lee's version must have been zero note. They were literally just powersets that talked. Robinson was a mild improvement, he actually gave voices to these characters, but overall before Moore the title was confused and aimless and after him it was just bland and aimless.

You look at something like Gen13 and even though it was a trainwreck when it launched the characters had voices from the first issue.
>>
>>85607983
If you consider Casey and Lobdell "bland and aimless" you cleary have mental problems. They're all about moving the team to new areas and developing the characters. Moore was obssesed with the little "concepts" he had in his head, Casey, Lobdell, Robinson and Gage actually made the characters progress like people.
>>
>>85608057
I was talking about the stuff written by Choi and Jonathan Peterson, like I said I haven't read any of the 1999 reboot yet.
>>
>>85608396
You mean relaunch.
>>
>>85608420
Sure. But yeah I pretty much treated the sale to DC as a jumping off point with Wildstorm. I stuck with Gen13 because I was a characterfag for them and I followed Ellis to The Authority and Planetary even though the way he ended Stormwatch pissed me off but then that was pretty much it. One day I'll read the relaunch. But like, if he put Brett Booth on a new Backlash series that would excite me many times more than Lee going back to WildCATs, I think we can both agree that that title only improved after Lee left.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.