[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am I the only one who thinks that a minority character with no

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

Am I the only one who thinks that a minority character with no personality outside of being a minority is more insulting then a generic stereotyped one?
>>
Pic not related or never actually read anything to do with miles?
>>
>>85598692
If being a minority is there personality than how are they not a stereotype? That makes no sense.
>>
>>85598704
How would you define Miles, personality-wise?
>>
>>85598704
Pic related but hes not the worst example. He was just the first that came to mind.
>>
File: image.png (16KB, 200x300px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
16KB, 200x300px
>>85598692

How is his race any part of his personality aside from the fact that you notice it?

You're on 4chan dude, if you're uncomfortable with minority characters you can just say so. Don't try to sugar coat it with bullshit logic.
>>
>>85598733
A more subdued Peter. Still a nerdy smartass, but a little less talkative and quick on the quips. He also seems to anger quickly, but I don't know if that's him as a person or the teen angst comics love so much. He's happier and more upbeat than Peter given he hasn't had years with muh Parker luck and the stupid status quo shit that Peter has.

Also depending on which writer he also wants to take kamala to pound town population: her bedroom.
>>
>>85598692
This miles having no personality meme makes no sense

It's like one anon said this and sheep having been repeating it
>>
>>85598733
Timid, unlikely to stand up to an authority, far too trusting.
>>
>>85598811
I'm not uncomfortable with minority characters, but if marvel wants to add more diverse characters they can at least make them interesting. I wouldn't even care if they replaced already existing characters if the books were good.
>>
>>85598875

Whether or not he's interesting has nothing to do with his race apparently being part of his personality to you. There isn't anything that stands out to you immediately so you go to his race by default. That implies that there is something about his race that gets your attention before the other facts about him (his friends, his place in the Avengers, being protege of Peter, etc). If his problem was just being bland, you wouldn't have made his race a prime part of it.

Like I said, just be honest. No reason to sugar coat.
>>
>>85598692
He has a personality, you just don't read comics
>>
>>85599653
>That implies that there is something about his race that gets your attention before the other facts about him
Yeah, it's the fact that Bendis's entire concept for creating him was "what if Spider-Man was black". He's admitted as much.
>>
>>85599692

Eh, you got me. I'll concede that. It makes it that much harder to try to improve upon the character now, because he'll always have that affirmative action baggage.
>>
>>85598819
>>85598740

Lol
>>
>>85598692
Oh boy here with go again. Which waifu of yours did he steal?
>>
>>85600483
Well has he's bringing up the whole "minority" thing right out of the gate i'm gonna say one of the Gwens.
>>
Okay if anyone in this thread reads this, post a great Peter Parker moment or panel than try to find a great Miles moments panel that is just as good. You won't.
>>
>>85600545
For the sake of fairness it should be from Peter's first 5-6 years of existing.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.