[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Marvel Comics Trademarks “Invisible Woman” – Is A New Series

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5

File: image1-30-e1469316814842.jpg (24KB, 459x376px) Image search: [Google]
image1-30-e1469316814842.jpg
24KB, 459x376px
http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/08/17/marvel-comics-trademarks-invisible-woman-is-a-new-series-on-the-way/

Ya i know it's bleeding cool but dammit im desperate for some kind of F4 ongoing do you guys think there's a chance.
>>
>>85595225
OP again also would you guys like a possible Invisible woman ongoing?
>>
Fuck yes, hope this is real.

Marvel's first lady back in the spotlight, I'm all for it, even with marvel's shit writing. More Sue!
>>
>>85595277
Hell i'll be contempt with just a mini just something with the F4
>>
>>85595225
Bring on the Sue
>>
>>85595372
I don't think her or reed ever got an ongoing now that i think about it.
>>
> do you guys think there's a chance

no, because the FF is owned by Fox, and Fox is fucking incompetent
>>
>Invisible Woman ongoing.
>Marvel turns Sue into another bland "strong, independent woman that needs no men" type of character.
>Marvel replaces her with an ALL-NEW, minority character, because blonde, white people are one step closer of being Nazis.
Yeah, no. I prefer to see my F4 crew being untouched and left for dead, than being ruined by today's Marvel.
>>
Who says it's Sue?

Suppose Marvel made, say, Natasha Romanova the new Invisible Woman. Who then owns the movie rights to the resulting character?
>>
>>85595257
Only if we get Invisible Woman: Inhuman Edition.
>>85595387
He didn't.
>>
File: 039InvisibleWoman.jpg (217KB, 725x1023px) Image search: [Google]
039InvisibleWoman.jpg
217KB, 725x1023px
But how can you read it if it's invisible?

That's just poor planning.
>>
>>85596209
This
>>
>>85595225
Oh no
>>
>>85595257
>>85595277
>>85595225
Trademarks have to be renewed periodically. It's routine legal housekeeping.

If anything this puts the lie to the "Marvel is killing off the FF because they're not getting money from the movies" shit that Rich Johnston has been pushing all year. You don't keep trademarks that aren't valuable to you, it costs money to file the paperwork.
>>
>>85596687
Still FOX. They'd own the trademark (in live action) as well as the character of Sue Storm-Richards. Otherwise they couldn't have made, y'know, three movies about her.

Like how they own the Human Torch - Marvel can put hints at the Original Human Torch into their movies (and have), but they can't name or use the character fully, because no distinction was drawn at contract time between the Humans Torch, so FOX ended up with all of the live-action rights to the name.
>>
>>85596666
this
>>
>current Marvel
>doing a book with a female lead
>doing a Sue book
Oh god it's gonna go wrong isn't it
>>
>>85595365
>contempt

That's not even close to what that means, but I agree with the sentiment that I think you were trying to express.
>>
With Marvel making a new FF movie this isn't really surprising.
>>
>>85598112
>With Marvel making a new FF movie this isn't really surprising.
Wait, what?
>>
>>85597909
Well of course they're gonna renew the trademark, doesn't change the fact they're clearly pushing the FF out of the spotlight as much as possible until such a time that they have the movie rights back.
>>
>>85598777
Inhumans is being reworked as an FF film.

Fantastic Four: The Inhumans
>>
>>85595225
No way. No fucking way. But I'd be happy
>>
File: 007810.png (50KB, 421x248px) Image search: [Google]
007810.png
50KB, 421x248px
why is she called invisible woman when i can still see her?
>>
File: this motherfuker.jpg (6KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
this motherfuker.jpg
6KB, 225x225px
>Each individual member of the F4 get their own mini-series
>Just as every book finishes, Marvel announces a new Fantastic Four ongoing
>At the same time Marvel announces they've bought back the rights so the Fantastic Four can be in the MCU
>>
>>85600991
>tfw Thing's solo involves him going back to wrestling
>>
>>85601042
>The Thing has to face a gauntlet of fellow wrestlers
>Ends with Ben fighting Spidey in a Cage Match
>>
>>85598082
Think he was aiming for "content"
>>
>>85601070
I'd read it, tbqh. Reed could get some Science Squad shenanigans, even if the most interesting scientist isn't available.
What about Johnny, though? I have no idea what would I do with him. Him, Bobby and Pete having adventures?
>>
>>85601230
I'd imagine Johnny would have the most depressing story to tell. I mean, he's still a kid. He never really learned to grow up. Everybody else has a family or a job or a real purpose in their life while he's still the same hot headed teenager he was when he first was exposed to cosmic waves. His "adventure" should really be him flying through NYC trying to find some people to hang out with seeing as the rest of his family are all broken up doing their own thing. Embrace the fact that Johnny is kind of underdeveloped and doesn't have much to do or say when on his own, make that his thing
>>
>>85601331
Yeah. All this time and Johnny's still that hothead that pranks Thing.
>>
>>85595257
only if it routinely featured full uncensored penetration maybe different issues would cover different angles different positions and she'd have a deep bench of guys to bang as the series went on
>>
>>85601495
I can also see it working a lot if its a team-up deal. Like each issue Johnny meets up with a different character that kind of explores a different aspect of Johnny's personality

Maybe start out with a lawyer hero like DD, She-Hulk, maybe Jessica Jones (?), because Johnny's being sued for unintentionally melting down part of a building or something. Then he pals around with Spidey who doesn't have time for any of his shit because he's the head of Parker Industries now. After that he sits down and has a drink with Luke Cage as they both talk about their life and Luke offers him a job working with Heroes for Hire
>>
>>85601331
johnny has been matured by writers half a dozen times man before the next incompetent retard resets him to a man child.

If you read early FF stories Johnny was the only one actively being a superhero, exploring and learning his powers to the point he got his own mini rogues gallery.

The Frightful Four, the original version? They all tussled with him FIRST before fighting the FF.

Johnny always had potential to be a great superhero just like Peter and always had potential to explore his superpowers in significant ways just like Bobby. He was the best of the two and this is coming from a Spiderfag.

Every writer who has developed him beyond the maturity of the manchild has agreed his destiny lies in leading a team, whether the new FF team or an avengers team. He might not be smart as Reed but he is a damn good superhero.

If you want further proof just look at what Hickman did to him, where Johnny was trapped in the negative zone and lead an entire team of universal inhumans to depose Annhillus.
>>
>>85601722
Same fag here, you want a Sue Storm series its pretty easy. She has always been a diplomat always looking for the other guys story. She is the one who thinks Namor can be redeemed out of his assholishness.

Look at Hickman's side story about her, She becomes the regent of the heir of Old Atlantis and tries to prevent a war between New and Old Atlantis.

Her basically exploring new places and dealing with the crap by putting on her super mom pants there has always been a Sue thing to do.

Say what you will about the FF, they have always been explorers who were close friends first than a family. Sue doing that will be superb. Hell her being retconned into doing a few SHIELD missions in secret is a perfect segway for her to go find weird interesting places in the MU.
>>
>>85601821
The Thing always has Alicia to go back to. Hell his story has mostly been resolved and always works best in the way the Thing solo stories were written. One modern Thing story also had him be friends with tons of international heroes in his free time as well.

The guy is supposed to be the classic 50s war veteran tough guy who takes no shit from anyone. Hence why he outlasted the champion in that one famous issue despite him being weaker than Hulk. HELL that's why he even maanges to keep up with the Hulk.

It's his sheer determinism. He doesn't know when to fucking quit.
>>
>>85601872
Reed's story is pretty simple. He seems to have gotten a lot of focus at the expense of other FF heroes in the last decade. Hickman obviously did him well. He is your classic sci fi flash gordon type hero Kirby and Stan Lee envisioned.

The guy who will punch Doom in the face the first chance he gets instead of using some science device.

Reed adventuring with the Future Foundation is probably the best end goal. Especially when he enters the mentor role with the kids.
>>
File: the first invisible woman.gif (556KB, 475x363px) Image search: [Google]
the first invisible woman.gif
556KB, 475x363px
>>85595225

They what?
>>
>>85595257
Yes
I would read anything F4 related
I'm a big sucker for them
>>
>>85598894
Source please
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.