[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I was to young for blade. Is he dead? does he have any good comics?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

File: 4647605-blade-1998-06-g.jpg (168KB, 856x1280px) Image search: [Google]
4647605-blade-1998-06-g.jpg
168KB, 856x1280px
I was to young for blade. Is he dead? does he have any good comics?

why is falcon buddy with blade?
>>
A better question than all the shit is, why hasn't Marvel done anything with the character now that they have the rights again? Are they going to ruin him with Agents of SHIELD like they're doing with Ghost Rider?
>>
>>85594799
wait is ghost rider in AoS?

the good one or the classic one?
>>
>>85594822
The Robbie Reyes one with the car.
>>
>>85594799
>why hasn't Marvel done anything with the character now that they have the rights again?

Perhaps because they don't want to into r-rated for the MCU? That and Vampires really wouldn't fit. Blade works best in his own separate continuity. Just like X-men.
>>
>>85595102
>implying avengers vs dracula wont be the best movie ever
It will save the MCU from the mediocrity hack wheadon brought.
>>
>>85595102
can't they do just do that?

I wonder if the honest answer is that no one wants to work with blade and his story. Again I never read a blade story and last time I saw him was in a deadpool comic
>>
>>85594707
I think the comic he had around Civil War was pretty good.

There was going to be a series starting him and his daughter (a new OC), but that seems to have fallen through.

He was also in Mighty Avengers as Ronin, and also Captain Britain and Mi:13 when vampires tried to invade Britain. Though desu, that story is pretty bad.
>>
File: 4bc79a9ba1124.jpg (44KB, 550x600px) Image search: [Google]
4bc79a9ba1124.jpg
44KB, 550x600px
>>85595282
>can't they do just do that?

Make Blade movies that are not part of the MCU?

Yeah.

>I wonder if the honest answer is that no one wants to work with blade and his story.

That's a possible/probable scenario. Blade, to a more mainstream audience, is mostly known because of the movies. The guys who made the first Blade film got by only because of people's ignorance of the fact that he's a comic book character.

But given that his notoriety with the movies outweighs any with the comics, that in of itself is probably enough for Disney to just shelve the character. He's become too synonymous with horror and gore for Disney to probably want to do anything with him.
>>
>>85594707
No, no and I don't know.
>>
File: 1457673619496.jpg (26KB, 720x400px) Image search: [Google]
1457673619496.jpg
26KB, 720x400px
>>85594799
who should the cast as Blade?
pic related
>>
I want to see Wesley as blade one more time and he's actually in good shape and since he's a half blood he can age so maybe one more and then a reboot and with the success of deadpool R rated comic movies may start happening more
>>
>>85597884
>I want to see Wesley as blade one more time
So do I.

> with the success of deadpool R rated comic movies may start happening more

Not under Disney it won't. I think Blade is indefinitely shelved so long as Disney owns the rights to him. Either that or they seriously tone him down to a PG-13 at the most.
>>
>>85595102
>Blade works best in his own separate continuity. Just like X-men.
I agree.
>>
>>85598104
Nope, they could easily do a vampire mini-arc in Agents of Shield with Blade against a smaller scale threat instead of worldwide conspiracy

That is if Agents of Shield was a better show
>>
Isn't blade getting a comic in marvel nower with his new daughter, black buffy?
>>
>>85598883
I think the writer for that left Marvel to go to DC, so the status of the Blade comic is kind of up in the air with most assuming it's not happening.
>>
>>85595568
>He's become too synonymous with horror and gore for Disney to probably want to do anything with him.

You realize a Disney subsidiary is responsible for Pulp Fiction, right?
>>
>>85598076
Are you fucking retarded? Disney bought Marvel 5 years ago, they had as much to do with Deadpool as they will with every movie going forward and it was still rated R and it did amazing in the box office. Obviously they are going to keep most of the universe more family friendly but after the success of Deadpool they are definitely not afraid to give the edgier heroes an R rated movie, Blade would make perfect sense as Rated R
>>
>>85594707
instead of minorities hijacking established heroes, they should bring back cool characters like Blade
>>
>>85599437
>Disney bought Marvel 5 years ago

True,

>they had as much to do with Deadpool as they will with every movie going forward

No, they don't because Marvel (and by extension, Disney) does not own the film rights. Fox can do with the Deadpool films whatever the fuck they want with it regardless of what Disney or Marvel has to say.

>Blade would make perfect sense as Rated R

It would, and has in the past. But since Diseny owns it, they'll never do it as an R-rated picture.
>>
I don't understand why they can't make a rated R film. It's Blade. The trailer will be dark and spooky and people will know not to take their kids to it. BUT they can still give Luke Cage or Tony Stark a cameo in it. Make it canon but don't advertise that it's canon to kids. Or do. Because kids don't care.
>>
>>85594707
Are there Blade comics worth reading?
>>
>>85600593
yes, old school horror from Warren magazines
>>
>>85595102
Dude, vampires have been in the Marvel universe for decades. They were there before Blade was.
>>
>>85594707
>Is he dead?
No.

>does he have any good comics?
The old Tomb of Dracula comics that he appeared in were great.

>why is falcon buddy with blade?
They fought together on the Mighty Avengers.
>>
>>85600354
They can, but Disney sees superheroes as a kids genre and have said they won't make any R-rated superhero movies, meaning the only people who'd be able to make it would be Marvel and Marvel only makes the TV shows, not the movies.

We could get an MA-rated Blade show, but don't expect a Blade movie to ever happen.
>>
>>85600859
>Dude, vampires have been in the Marvel universe for decades

That doesn't mean it fits in with the MCU currently. You can't have an entire fucking species all around the world that preys on humans not go unnoticed by Hydra or Shield and not take it as a big fucking deal. If Vampires existed in the MCU it'd be retarded that we'd only have heard of it just now. It'd have been fine if it was something they introduced way early on in Phase 1, but at this point it's much too late in the game to make a convincing excuse.
>>
>>85601738
By this logic, magic shouldn't exist because Dr. Strange wasn't in phase 1, the Hand shouldn't exist because they were never mentioned in phase 1, Ghost Rider shouldn't exist because he hasn't appeared yet, etc.

Just because we haven't seen something doesn't mean it doesn't exist. HYDRA and SHIELD are fairly incompetent afterall.
>>
>>85594707
I'd like a Netflix Blade series using some of the Horror comic monsters, like Draula (Tomb), Man Thing, Werewolf By Night, and Morbius.
>>
Snipes Blade could easily be shoehorned into the street level netflixverse stuff. He's clearly willing to do television work based on some of the shit he's been involved with the last few years (most notably, "The Player"). Disney are crazy for not making this happen.
>>
>tfw CURRENT YEAR and no Midnight Sons universe relaunch
Carnage is its a pretty cool book thou.
>>
>>85601958
>Ghost Rider shouldn't exist because he hasn't appeared yet
But he has, Cage Rider is canon as fuck until proven otherwise.
>>
>>85603355
Are you actually retarded?
>>
>>85603410
Am I? I don't watch AoS, does the new Reyes Ghost Rider somehow retcon Johnny Blaze? I thought he was like a legacy character. Has anything MCU to date actually made it impossible for the Cage Rider movies to have happened?
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.