[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So... is it Shazam? I doubt it'll be Thor since Jason Aaron

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6

File: Shazam.png (41KB, 590x364px) Image search: [Google]
Shazam.png
41KB, 590x364px
So... is it Shazam? I doubt it'll be Thor since Jason Aaron is milking Whor for all she's worth.
>>
Shazam isn't that bizarre, wasn't she attached to the proposal for it like 10 years ago?
>>
>>85589419
yes
>>
>>85589382
It'll be a Shazam book except in true Gail Simone fashion Billy is bumped down to a supporting role in favorite of Black Alice.
>>
JSA could fit with the Johnny Thunder stuff
>>
Gail Simone has been awful these past years.

Should i remind you guys of her awful Batgirl, The Movement and Secret Six awful runs?
>>
>>85589382
Here comes Jakeem Thunder
>>
>>85589530
No. We all remember. There is also that crap she did on Red Sonja. She needs to take a hike hopefully to Marvel.
>>
>>85589382
Static ongoing
>>
>>85589382
>mfw reading the Movement over again this week
>mfw this bitch gets Shazam

JOHNS PLS
>>
I want to believe.
>>
>>85589616

yep, she LOVES static.
>>
does simone have an exclusive?

SHAZAM tho, maybe a book about one of the other kids?
>>
>>85589624
I would love that but
>Big 2
nope
>>
>>85589738
Does DC own the He-Man or the Thundercats rights? They're publishing a mini soon with both
>>
>>85589624
>>85589738
http://www.dccomics.com/blog/2016/07/08/mattel-and-dc-present-he-manthundercats

DC is publishing a He-Man/Thundercats crossover in a couple of months, so anything is possible.
>>
File: tenacious d.jpg (9KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
tenacious d.jpg
9KB, 300x168px
>>85589382
Tenacious D ongoing confirmed?
>>
>>85589530
Secret Six was fine after the first three issues.

I didn't read Red Sonja or her Vertigo thing so I can't speak for those.

I'm willing to cut her a lot of slack because of how much good she's done in the past.

>>85589806
They're owned by WB, so essentially yes.
>>
Johnny Lightning ongoing
>>
>>85589382
i kinda hope she does get shazam so /co/ would cry about it
>>
>>85590470
better Gail than Waid
>>
>>85589382
If it's DC, it could be
>Shazam Family (most likely)
>JSA, with Johnny and Jakeem Thunder
>Static (can DC still use Milestone characters?)
>Black Lightning and/or his daughter Thunder, maybe even Outsiders
>Legion
>Impulse and XS (please be this one)
>>
>>85590470

/co/ is so mixed on Gail on any given day.

I mean at one point she was our landwhale queen, and then she wrote Batgirl.

It doesn't help that lately she's been a lot more hamfisted with her dialogue. Not even just politically but in general it's all really awkward. Like she doesn't try to work it out anymore.
>>
>>85589530
You forget her Batgirl run was during the era of pants on head editors. She had ideas to make the book better but wasn't allowed to do them.
>>
>>85590665
>Impulse and XS (please be this one)

don't make me want things we won't get
>>
>>85590665
>Static (can DC still use Milestone characters?)
dc is still working on the milestone 2.0 thing they announced last year
they want hudlin to work with them on it and he apparently wants to, but he has other stuff to do first
>>
>>85590745

Can't they let Priest do it instead?

I know he doesn't want to get shoehorned into writing only black characters again but Hudlin is such shit.
>>
>>85590871

>As a Milestone fan, I want the back catalogue readily available. I know that is something you guys have said will happen. But I think the bigger concern is growing new talent, like Milestone originally did with John Rozum, J.H. Williams, John Paul Leon, ChrisCross. What kind of processes are you guys implementing to try and bring up the next generation? Because if we still continue to feel under-represented it 25 years later, how do you guys feel like you can personally tackle that?

>Priest: I don’t know. What I’m doing with Milestone is I’m kind of playing a Geoff Johns [creative executive] role. I’m not specifically writing a comic book. I am doing some writing that I can’t announce yet because you got creative and you got business. The creative is solid. We’re good. Jim Lee, Reginald Hudlin, Denys Cowan… we all love each other. It’s this pesky business stuff that I have no idea what that is or what’s going on with that.

>But what I understand is Reginald probably has a closet full of submissions in. People who are trying to work with us and things like that, that are going on. He’s very interested in new talent and that’s basically the impetus that brings him into this.
>>
>>85590697
It's a long shot, but it could happen.

>The Flash legacy is slowly coming back.
>Legion's coming back for Rebirth too
>Simone wrote Postboot Legion briefly, and they solicited a new Postboot collection for next April, so they're at least some interest at DC.
>Allen-Thawne time-travel family feud counts as "completely bizarre"
>The Bar Torr thing still canonically happened, and that needs to be fixed

Actually, an Atom series wouldn't be impossible either. They have to do something with Choi and Palmer's inevitable adventure in Rebirth, right?
>>
>>85590684
I don't blame her for that since the basic modus operandi of Marts was for everyone to ape Scott Snyder.
>>
>>85591227

your face when Simone gets a Cece Beck book
>>
>>85591227
I mean it's not implausible but I don't want to get my hopes up.

Johns mentions the Atom book whenever he talks about JSA, LoSH, and Shazam. I assume it'll come when those come (probably not until around like March, I'm guessing).

>>85591343
would read/10
>>
>>85589518
How about a straight up Johnny Thunder solo series? In the original comedic vein where Johnny doesn't even realize how he's summoning the genie and just says "Say, you!" all the time?
>>
>>85591343
I'd be down for it. Shazam of the future, bouncing around through time and space. It'd be like the DCU version of Quantum Leap.

It'll be called "Thunder: World Adventures"
>>
File: AwMFwGYCEAAhDWl.jpg (154KB, 765x1024px) Image search: [Google]
AwMFwGYCEAAhDWl.jpg
154KB, 765x1024px
>tfw I'll be disappointed if it's not her now
>>
>>85589382
God I hope not. Simone has really gone down in quality. And like others have said, her dialogue is terrible.
>>
>>85589518

Johnny Thunder series done in the style of Jojo's bizarre adventure

there DC, that was free money. Right on the table for you.
>>
>>85590611

Being better than Waid really doesn't say much.
>>
>>85589530
Clean Room is pretty good tbqh fammo. I haven't read much of it, but her Red Sonja seems at least decent. The New 52 Secret Six got a lot better after its bad start, too.
>>
>>85589382
I hope she leant ignore everything Johns did in Curse of Shazam.
>>
>>85590470
>wanting a great character with a lot of potential that is criminally under-exposed to get a shit writer just so you can indulge your case of Schadenfreude
Don't be a faggot, anon.
>>
>>85594020
>"not muh Captain Marvel" fags still exist
Oh wow. They should put one of you fuckers in the Smithsonian before you all succumb to your terminal cases of butthurt.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.