[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

so uh, how did they kill bruce when he couldn't even

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 1

File: qhmb0cojthygefhmrn9r.png (797KB, 800x614px) Image search: [Google]
qhmb0cojthygefhmrn9r.png
797KB, 800x614px
so uh, how did they kill bruce when he couldn't even commit suicide?
>>
>>85578546
Amadeus took in the radiation he was absorbing to protect a country from a melting down reactor, and the process transferred the Hulk over to Cho. Banner hasn't been able to hulk out since.

Also hulk-killing arrow.
>>
>>85578582
that sounds retarded

isn't the hulk a unique thing to bruce based on his experiences, childhood, etc?

other people exposed to gamma radiation don't become hulks, they become other things (usually monsters) or dead
>>
One word:

Bendis.
>>
>>85578605
Bait
>>
>>85578605
Just read the Totally Awesome Hulk dude. Its good.
>>
>>85578649
This
>>
>>85578546
Banner made the arrow, if anyone can kill the Hulk it's him.
>>
>>85578546
He can't Hulk out anymore which everyone in the Marvel universe knows except the writer Bendis.
>>
Has anyone actually even asked Bendis why everyone thought he might Hulk out when it's already been established that Banner can't Hulk out anymore?
>>
>>85578607
Bendis?
>>
>>85579822
Why ask a question you know the answer to already?
>>
>>85578546
>>85579732
>>85578582

Wouldn't the vision mean that Cho is the one doing the rampage in the vision? Why would they think it's Bruce!?
>>
>>85579854
I don't know. Maybe there is some outlandish rationalization Bendis has. It seems like the obvious thing to do after something like this.
>>
>>85579858
Bendis can't remember continuity
>>
>>85578582
If the Hulk was transferred to someone else, what threat could banner have possibly been?

A science threat?
Better arrow Richards (don't forget any alternate versions)

He becomes the Hulk again later?
There are less... extreme ways to prevent that future.

We all know the real reason banner is dead.

He was a white guy.
>>
>>85579858
Its gonna be Shulkie
>>
>>85579858
Now that's a plot point they probably won't consider.

Please anon, pen the rest of Civil War II for us.
>>
>>85579822
I didn't read it so I assumed that was explained somehow
If it wasn't that's fucking retarded
>>
>>85579940
See
>>85579933
>>
>>85579940
>We all know the real reason banner is dead.
The event is poorly written, yes we know.
>>
>>85578546
If they wanted to stop the Hulk, why did they kill NOT HULK?
>>
>>85578605
>that sounds retarded
Welcome to comics
>>
>>85579996
Why doesn't Hawkeye just rape the Hulk?
>>
>>85579996
Bendis can't remember continuity. Read the thread before posting
>>
>Shit, we have to kill the Hulk, quick, lets kill this dude who isn't the Hulk.

Thank god I stopped buying comics.
>>
>>85579844
Bendis.
>>
>>85578546
bad writing mostly
>>
Did ayone tell Bendis he fucked up? Did he realize how retarded that comic was? It's surreal as fuck
>>
>>85580050
Bendis? The comic book writer?
>>
>>85580050
Bendis? The hack?
>>
>>85580045
>Shit, this dude had a vision where the Hulk kills all the superheroes, let's take all the superheroes to confront Banner
>>
>>85580133
Instead of confronting the Hulk? odd
>>
>>85580105
>>85580106
The hack comic book writer?
>>
>>85580011
Would YOU rape the Hulk?
I mean, what could possibly go wrong, right?
>>
>>85580133
>Banner
Who? Everybody knows Hulk is that korean kid Amadeus Cho.
>>
>>85580191
THAT Bendis?
>>
>>85580207
Worst case scenario is a swift death, best case scenario is busting a nut on the firmest ass that ever was. I'd say it's a 50/50.
>>
>>85578546
The writers deployed Plot, which is the Kryptonite of every superhero going.
>>
>>85578605
Is it really more retarded than Bruce surviving the nuclear blast and acquiring his Hulk powers thanks to an intervention by the Celestials?
>>
>>85579933
>>85579948

Maybe the idea is they misinterpreted the vision, and Cho goes on the rampage as revenge?

Pretty contrived, but at least it would address that...
>>
>>85580490
Everybody knows Banner isn't the Hulk anymore and that Amadeus is, how can you misinterpret that?
>>
>>85579822
in-universe, Bruce has been cured of the Hulk a number of times- it did never stick.
So they were reasonably thinking this time might not stick, either.
>>
>>85580632
That's the most stupid and meta reasoning ever. Also, one thing is being cure (no Hulk in there) and another different is other dude being the Hulk (there's a Hulk)
>>
The only answer needed for anyone confused on Hulks dead are three words

Brian Michael Bendis
>>
>>85580490
>Maybe the idea is they misinterpreted the vision, and Cho goes on the rampage as revenge?
Firstly, Ulysses' visions aren't meant to work like that, but I wouldn't put it past Bendis.
Second, we've already seen Amadeus's reaction: he gets depressed, then gets confronted by Carol's team in exactly the same circumstances as Bruce was.
He basically tells them he's fine, but points out that if he WAS about to go on a rampage, they wouldn't be able to stop him.
>>
>>85580227
That Bendis. THE Bendis.
>>
>>85580726
Why is everyone ignoring the fact that its probably Shulkie who is gonna freak out considering they murdered her cousin in cold blood for a crime they thought he was going to commit. I cant imagine skipping over due process will sit well with her.
>>
>>85579858
>>85579940
>>85580561
Because Bendis can do as he pleases and no editorial will try to stop him.

In the comic, the possibility of Cho being the one in the vision is never brought up. While they acknowledge that Bruce was depowered, Beast hacks into his files and find that he has been doing tests on himself with gamma radiation. It is not made clear what these tests are for; everyone freaks out over the possibility that he might be trying to re Hulk himself instead of considering that he could just be testing to make sure the Hulk's still gone. Beast's invading his personal files is never objected to by anyone.

Then Hawkeye "sees Bruce's eyes flicker green" and shoots him. The rest is history.

>>85580076
Ta-Nehesi warned him that killing off War Machine was a bad idea, but I'd honestly be amazed if he ever considered doing something other than his original idea. He's like a child in need of discipline who always has to have things his way like that.

>>85580490
The thing is, though, that Ulysses' powers can't create self-fulfilling prophecies. They take a snapshot of the most likely future at that moment in time. What happens after Ulysses gives the information on the vision to someone isn't figured into them.
>>
>>85580772
Is she-hulk even strong enough to be a threat at this point? I remember she got a huge power spike back in 2005 ish, which was diminished. Haven't been keeping up.
>>
>>85580995
She's strong, but not strong to be world threatening and needing all superheroes to team up to beat her.
>>
>>85580995
Not green Shulkie but when she woke up she was in a new form and grey so we have no idea what her power limits are.
>>
>>85581029
Right, so why does that anon think She-Hulk is going to cause a huge rampage?
>>
>>85578546
The story is, as i herad it, Tumblr wanted more asians in Marvel comics, and instead of creating new kickass asian super-heroes they decided to make a chinky Hulk, but that wasn't enough, Tumblr wanted for the original Hulk to be a bad memory, so the money decided it was best to kill the character that actually made them money in the first place, you know, the one that Stan "the man" Lee created.

So yeah, the Hulk is un-killable, except when the money says so.
>>
>>85581095
-2/10 didn't even use tumblr right
>>
>>85581077
See >>85581071
Just like Banner can manifest different Hulks so can Shulkie
>>
I hope it's actually Banner the culprit and all because Hawkeye killed him
>>
Are they going to arrest Clint? or can he go arround killing innocent people?
>>
>>85580013
But why didn't someone say something
Like how is this actually fucking possible, it's not like he forgot a detail, he forgot the premise of TAHulk
HOW
>>
>>85580632
So by that same logic why is anyone sad that Bruce is dead? He's just going to come back eventually.
>>
>>85581460
Or Rhodey, why cry and mourn him? In fact why care the Hulk is going to kill thousands of people? they'll just use the dragon balls to bring all of them back
>>
>>85581151
Actually, she can't. At least not the way Bruce does (due to his Multiple Personality Disorder). Both of the times she has were due to outside forces.
>>
>>85581534
>>85581460
This is why you can't call attention to Bruce's powers being lost and regained several times or that people always come back after dying. Using the fact that Bruce has lost and regained his powers before as a major plot point is a huge no-no. You've got to pretend like that shit didn't happen or the whole house of cards comes tumbling down.
>>
>>85581591
And this time she went grey due to being hurt so badly and being so angry. They are probably fucked.
>>
>>85581534
Or what even killing Hulk accomplishes? he's going to come back and fullfil lthe prophecy of killing everybody
>>
>>85581211
He got arrested, put on trial, and received a verdict that it was "justified homicide."

>>85581425
See >>85580915

>>85581534
>>85581460
In-universe, characters can't perceive continuity the same way we do. If they were able to, they'd be breaking the fourth wall.
>>
>>85581801
So "he can be Hulk again" is fair game but "nobody stays dead" isn't? this is stupid even for cape comics.
>>
>>85581801
>Justified Homicide
>He wasn't the Hulk
>He wasn't armed
>He didn't attack or made any attempt on attacking
American's laws are awesome
>>
>>85581943
No, as long as you really really believe you're in the right you're justified, facts don't matter, only your feels.
>>
>>85581943
It's only fine if he bought up the land Bruce was standing on before he murdered him. In which case Bruce was trespassing. It would have been ideal if Bruce was indoors but the lawyers will make it work because Banner isn't black.
>>
>>85581943
I'm assuming it was a case of jury nullification. Carol Danvers getting on the stand and scare-mongering would play hell on a jury that doesn't want to convict a superhero anyway.
>>
Out of curiosity, who actually looks forward to these events?

I don't think I've enjoyed a single one, since they always just boil down to "shock" deaths, characters being ruined almost beyond repair, often some kind of annoying universe reboot, and they often interrupt or even stop actually fun ongoings in their tracks. Plus they go on far too long.

I can only assume they must sell well otherwise they wouldn't keep fucking doing them.
>>
>>85581425
I guess most conversations with Bendis go something like
>Brian, you can't have Hawkeye kill Banner, Banner isn't even Hulk any more.
>Hulk? The Incredible Hulk?
>Yes, the Incredible Hulk.
>As in Hulk Smash Hulk?
>Oh for fucks sake, I can't deal with this shit again. Just do what you want.
>>
>>85579940
>If the Hulk was transferred to someone else, what threat could banner have possibly been?
Some characters were literally saying that same shit, namely Amadeus and Tony. This seems to be the final straw since that was when sides were being formed (along with the actual issue itself Cho is clearly against captain marvel and in spider-womans issue she asked Carol what the fuck she was thinking) so a few people probably think how stupid it was to just off banner like that.
>>
>>85579822
Apparently he's been doing Gamma tests on his cells, and Hawkeye saw his eyes turn green.
>>
>>85580995
She also is usually incredibly calm. Banners strength comes from emotional instability so something like this might set her off.
>>
>>85582905
That sounds almost reasonable. But why was Banner bombarding himself with gamma rays again? That seems like a really bad idea for obvious reasons... I mean, beyond the fact that in reality gamma rays just fucking kill you.
>>
>>85582905
I hope he isn't thinking to travel to the Mediterranean sea then
>>
>>85583014
We don't know the actual tests. All we know is that Beast hacked his computers and saw he was doing Gamma tests. For all we know, he's taking skin cells off of himself, and checking to see if they react to Gamma Radiation, to make sure the Hulk is still gone. As has been said, he's been "cured" before. Keeping on top of that shit would be the smart thing.
>>
>>85583014
>But why was Banner bombarding himself with gamma rays again?
He wasn't
>>
Banner couldn't Hulk out.

Yet there was a vision of him Hulking out.

He hadn't Hulked out in a long time and Cho had his gamma.

But Hawkeye claims that he saw from way over where he was that in Banner's eye he was hulking out, despite people standing a couple of feet in front if him who have seen him transform countless times didn't see it.

So either he was hulking out or Ulysses fucked up and Hawkeye lied. Because there is no room for a mistake in Hawkeyes case, he either saw it or lied.
>>
>>85580174

I'd call first.
>>
Someone post Shulky beefing up when she found out Bruce was dead.
>>
>>85585545
Or Ulysses's vision AND Hawkeye were wrong.
>>
>>85585545
Wouldn't Tony's armor alert him if Banner was Hulking out anyway?
>>
>>85585762

No.

Like I said there is no room for error in Hawkeye's case.

He even bragged about his enhanced senses assuring everyone he saw better. He either saw green and shot, or he decided to anyways.

There is no scenario where Hawkeye goes: "gosh, I could've have sworn I saw green..."

>>85585866

You're making much too sense for me. Tony would obviously have sensors to want him about that. Hell, they can measure a hulk's gamma levels from observational satellites.
Thread posts: 86
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.