[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

http://www.comicbookresources.com/a rticle/exclusive-uncover

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 11

File: CLONE2016002cov-0d117.jpg (498KB, 1001x1500px) Image search: [Google]
CLONE2016002cov-0d117.jpg
498KB, 1001x1500px
http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/exclusive-uncovering-spider-mans-the-clone-conspiracy-with-slott-lowe

>Lowe: Dan digs a lot deeper than a lot of previous clone stories. On top of that, our society has advanced so much since "The Clone Saga." There are cloned sheep that are alive and walking around this world. They're growing cloned pieces of people's bodies to graft onto them. So this story has even more relevance.

>Dan's digging into what it is to be a clone. When does a clone stop being something fake and become as real as you or me? And what does it mean for death? This is as much a story about death as it is about cloning.

>Slott: All of the big key moments in his life have been about loss. This is a character who has to deal with death, grief and mourning on a far too regular level than other heroes. And the fact that he's been around for 50-plus years means that all those stories build up like scar tissue.

>I always knew that really early on in my run I was going to do a scene where there'd be a dream sequence of Spider-Man in a graveyard and everybody rising up. There would be this unearthly chorus of all these people who he somehow lost through his action or inaction.
>>
File: CLONE2016001002-600-96e2e.jpg (909KB, 1800x1725px) Image search: [Google]
CLONE2016001002-600-96e2e.jpg
909KB, 1800x1725px
>So much of my run has been about him having the impossible goal of "No One Dies," and then him trying to deal with it when somebody does. In the first issue of this latest volume of "Amazing Spider-Man," you see how he's evolved. He's realized that it's unattainable and he can't have the goal of no one dies, but he's going to do everything in his power to save everyone he possibly can. The character has gone from this impossible mission statement to something more nuanced. Now, we're going to hit him square in the face with the fact that he lives in a comic book world where people can come back to life.

>That's part of the language of superhero comics; people come back. So how is that going to fit into Spider-Man's worldview when he realizes, "What if I can save anybody, even those I've failed?"
>>
ANATOMY LESSON
N
A
T
O
M
Y

L
E
S
S
O
N
>>
File: CLONE2016001009-400-99e10.jpg (508KB, 988x1500px) Image search: [Google]
CLONE2016001009-400-99e10.jpg
508KB, 988x1500px
>Lowe: The Jackal is definitely a changed man. His outward appearance drives it home. Gone are his days with the furry green look. He's figured some new things out, and his technology is better than it ever has been.

>The big question is, is the Jackal a supervillain if he solves the problem of death? If you could bring a loved one back from the dead, would you? Or if you could keep a loved one from dying, would you? It very much blurs the line between hero and villain and turns things that are black and white into a very big shade of gray.

>Lowe: This is something that Dan and I have been talking about since my first days in the office, two and a half years ago. This is a story unlike any Dan has ever told and I've ever worked on. It's weird, dark and it is very much a story that messes with your head. I had to be sold on it, and the more Dan figured it out and revealed what he wanted to do, the bigger gravitational pull that this story had.

>And at one point, we thought, "This might be too dicey!" [Laughs] It became a freight train that couldn't be stopped and kept picking up speed.
>>
File: CLONE2016001014-600-90b25.jpg (561KB, 988x1500px) Image search: [Google]
CLONE2016001014-600-90b25.jpg
561KB, 988x1500px
>Lowe: This event is a little more focused. Every time we do one of these events, whether it's in "Spider-Man" or other books, but especially when it's in the Spider-stuff, we try to differentiate them and their scope. "Spider-Island" felt like the entire Marvel Universe, then "Spider-Verse" was every Spider character. With the real world aspects and the core meaning behind this story, it'ss a very different event.

>It's going to have some pretty major effects, not only on Peter Parker, but so many of the characters in "Amazing Spider-Man" and surrounding it.

>Most of the story takes place in San Francisco. You'll see why as the story unfolds. Each of the Spider-Man stories we've told in this new volume of "Amazing" digs into a location. So you get a story in Shanghai, a story in New York, a story in London. We've been popping around the globe and hitting all the major hubs of Parker Industries.

>We haven't spent a lot of time in San Francisco, though, and that's where Horizon University is. Max Modell and company are out there. Prowler has been spending a lot of time out there, and you'll see the various reasons why Jackal is centered around there as well.
>>
>>85575687
>Clone Saga 2

Is Marvel run by literal retards?
>>
>>85575741
Yes?
>>
>>85575706
>Man who's life was ruined by clones thinks that clones aren't so bad.
>>
>>85575741
I thought that was common knowledge
>>
99% sure Jackal has cloned Parker's body.
When Ock comes back I hope he will have look like in Ultimate.
Also hopefully Kaine will return
>>
File: 57b4896d393a0.jpg (95KB, 564x850px) Image search: [Google]
57b4896d393a0.jpg
95KB, 564x850px
http://marvel.com/news/comics/26607/marvel_now_hear_this_the_clone_conspiracy

>Marvel.com: The Jackal and Spider-Man have a long and storied history, but he’s one villain who’s been off the grid for a bit. What can you tell us about what he’s been up to these last few years?

>Nick Lowe: You’ve actually seen him a bit more than you think! He’s been the “Man in Red” since our most recent AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #1, bringing Rhino’s wife and Lizard’s family back to life.

>Marvel.com: When did the wheels start turning on this story? The seeds seem to have been planted for a long while.
>>
File: 57b48a0db9c9c.jpg (123KB, 558x850px) Image search: [Google]
57b48a0db9c9c.jpg
123KB, 558x850px
>>85575836
>Nick Lowe: Dan has been brewing this story since the Jackal appearances in Big Time and it’s got some huge payoffs.

>Marvel.com: You’ve talked about undoing a lot of the death that Peter has encountered over the years in this series. How is he going to handle seeing so many long-gone faces alive and well again?

>Nick Lowe: That’s a lot of what makes this story tick. What happens when Peter is face-to-face with Gwen Stacy? Doctor Octopus? It’s different for all the different characters.

>Marvel.com: In the immediate future, we’re going to see Peter dealing with an accident at Parker Industries and the rise of a new female Electro. How do these stories lead into THE CLONE CONSPIRACY?

>Nick Lowe: They’re all setting up elements of THE CLONE CONSPIRACY. AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #17 sets up the new Electro and the [upcoming] PROWLER series. [Issue] #18 pays off on Living Brain stuff and sets up several big things for the event and #19 lights the Clone Conspiracy fuse and pushes us past the point of no return!
>>
File: Peter_Parker_(Jack).png (367KB, 321x469px) Image search: [Google]
Peter_Parker_(Jack).png
367KB, 321x469px
>>85575829
You fool, clearly the new Jackal is Jack
>>
File: McKayla.jpg (133KB, 731x825px) Image search: [Google]
McKayla.jpg
133KB, 731x825px
>mfw Marvel actually thinks that making sequels of everything is a good strategy...
>>
>>85575933
They're not even making sequels to good stories. This is like making a One More Day 2.
>>
>>85575972
Well they don't have that many good stories
>>
>>85575972
They already did that. Its called One Moment In Time.
>>
>>85575706
Thanks to Cheung I can't tell who half of those people are.
>>
>>85575736
Electro is a chick now?
>>
>>85576022
I adore Cheungs' art. Something about his blocky faces is super appealing to me. That said, yeah, I agree idk who is who there.
>>
>>85576042
That's coming in the upcoming #17.
>>
>>85575687
The idea of mixing the Clone Saga with the ever present themes of Death and guilt in Spider-Man is really cool
>>
>>85575741
Remember, it's not about quality, it's about recognition.
The Clone Saga is infamous, therefor it's worth retreading.
>>
>>85576101

Both the 1970s and 1990s Clone Sagas dealt with death and guilt.

So nice try, Slott, but fuck off.
>>
>>85576126
Well yeah but not on this scale?

A storyline themed on

>Hey Peter has history with clones

and

>Hey Peter has a lot of dead folks in his life

and

>Hey peter has a crippling guilt complex

Its naturally to play with the inherent conflict of cloning folks back to life.
>>
>>85575741
>2

>>
>>85576022
I can name the following characters:

(Starting from Peter in the bottom right, then going right to left, and working up)

>Peter Parker
>Gwen Stacy
>Ezekial
>???
>Silver Sable
>???
>???
>???
>???
>Ned Leeds
>Martha Connors?
>George Stacy
>Ben Parker

Anyone want to fill in the blanks?
>>
>>85576141
>Well yeah but not on this scale?
Yes. The original Clone Saga literally started with Gwen Stacy coming back.
>>
Playing with No One Dies in a world where people come back from the dead is actually great
>>
>>85575836
Is that supposed to be post-secret wars Jackal?
>>
>>85576282
Yes. That's what he looks like now. He's already shown up in the comics wearing that mask.
>>
>>85576074
They better not kill Prowler, he's the only redeemable part of this garbage.
>>
>>85576525
He is getting his own Marvel.NOW spin off series. He isn't going to die.
>>
File: glass of milk.jpg (138KB, 1129x825px) Image search: [Google]
glass of milk.jpg
138KB, 1129x825px
>>85575933
Here's my headcannon for how that Marvel meeing went:

>Gather around team, we need ideas. The Marvel movies are doing great and they've but we need to figure out how to introduce new people into comics. So what are your ideas?
>Renumber all the issues to #1. In fact we should do it often, like after every story arc.
>Lets just redo all our greatest stories that way they won't have to read the old ones to get the current narrative.
>Lets make Scott a bad guy who kills Xavier and have Beast bring X-Men back from the past so that and then have them be attacked by X-Men from the future then lets have a whole event X-Men that gets reverted and hint about bringing back the Phoenix and lets bring back apocalypse but lots of him in the past, present, and future and...
>Lets do a soft reboot of the universe so that current readers feel just as lost as the new readers and new readers won't feel like they're missing out.
>Lets introduce lots of new characters in titular roles so that new readers will feel like they're jumping in at a good juncture. We'll keep the old characters around too and if it fails we can always switch them back in.
>Great ideas guys. Especially you X-Men guy, go on and leave the meeting early you clearly know what you're doing. Just amazing.
>X-Men guy is still rambling incoherent storylines as he walks out the door.
>Someone figure out how to replace the X-Men with Inhumans.
>>
Now /co/, you must pitch a story that brings back everything that was good about Spider-Man before Slott came in to shit the bed, you can also retcon whatever you want from his run but you must do it without using any of the following villains: Green Goblin (both Harry and Norman), Mephisto, Jackal, Morlun and his family.
How do you do it?
Also, when Slott eventually dies of a massive hearth attack who would you like to see taking over as the main writer?
I think Remender could do it justice but im not even sure he's working with Marvel anymore.
>>
>>85576074
>>85575736
Is she a MILF?
>>
>>85575687
>There are cloned sheep that are alive and walking around this world. They're growing cloned pieces of people's bodies to graft onto them. So this story has even more relevance.

This guy seems like an even bigger dipshit than Slott.
>>
>>85576746
>MILF

We don't even know if she's a Mom.
>>
>>85576189
The ones with guns look like Peter's parents. And then I think there's JJJ's wife and DeWolf
>>
>>85576849
>And then I think there's JJJ's wife and DeWolf

Is DeWolff the chick between Ezekial and Silver Sable? Marla Jameson would be the chick with glasses, left of the assumed Mary Parker?
>>
>>85576795
Maybe she can adopt some kid.
>>
Maximum Carnage 2 when dot jpg
>>
>>85577044
You and your mom fetish.
>>
>>85577460
They already did that, with Minimum Carnage.
>>
File: confused-gandalf.png (367KB, 559x679px) Image search: [Google]
confused-gandalf.png
367KB, 559x679px
>>85576674
>Greatest stories

>Clone Saga.
>>
>>85575687
>>85575706
He sounds so full of shit, though. Dan is always 'Grand idea, lukewarm execution', and I don't have any hope for this.

Also, with Sins Past still canon, I'm surprised they still feature 616 Gwen so prominently instead of sweeping her under the rug like bad garbage, and still have Peter mourn her. It's stupid.

> It very much blurs the line between hero and villain

No it doesn't. Jackal, hell, Norman, have done that in the past and have used the clones for their own sick little games. Saving a puppy from drowning only to kick it is still a villainous thing to do.

>Lowe: This is something that Dan and I have been talking about since my first days in the office, two and a half years ago. This is a story unlike any Dan has ever told and I've ever worked on. It's weird, dark and it is very much a story that messes with your head. I had to be sold on it, and the more Dan figured it out and revealed what he wanted to do, the bigger gravitational pull that this story had.
Shoehorned drama with truncated personalities as is the standard with Slott's stories, I'd wager

>"Spider-Island" felt like the entire Marvel Universe, then "Spider-Verse" was every Spider character
The former was lackluster and the latter was a kick in the teeth and a disappointment. I wonder if this will be a series of diminishing returns.

The art looks great, though.
>>
>>85576741
>Reed Richards is up in Battle World fixing up the universe.
>Almost done.
>Sees the deal with Mephisto and everything.
>The fuck is this?
>Undoes it
>Peter is happily married again.
>Company tanks since he's a shitty CEO.
>FF comes back.
>Peter gives them the Baxter Building since he just had it so Alchemax wouldn't get it.
>Begs for job back at Bugle.
>Jonah Jameson is now retiring.
>Peter becomes the new CEO of the Daily Bugle.
>Peter retires from Spider-Man for a little while.
>Miles gets killed during *insert event of the year here*
>Peter blames himself
>Comes out of retirement and becomes Spider-Man again.
>2099 fixes the timeline and goes back to the future.
>>
>>85577695
I want Peter David's Peter Parker: CEO of Alchemax back. Dude was stone cold, competent. Peter has it in him to be a sterling leader, but not under Slott.
>>
>>85577740
Do you really though? Peter doesn't have what it takes to be the CEO of a company like that, it's just not in his personality. Him being CEO of something like the Daily Bugle though? Much more manageable.
>>
>>85579612
The CEO is the future version of Peter, though, so it is definitely in his personality. He has it in him to be a great CEO, but at the cost of... something. What was the CEO's reason for going chaotic good, again?
>>
Slott's gonna cuck Kaine again and make up a dumb excuse about Aracely. Where's Yost when you need him?
>>
>>85575687
slott off asm when
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.