[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If they made the Robin suit in BVS red and green, do you think

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 8

If they made the Robin suit in BVS red and green, do you think more people would have understood what it was?

It was onscreen for about 5 seconds, and if you aren't looking for it you might not notice the "R". I had to explain to a couple of my normie friends what it was.

If they made it the right color, and had Alfred bring up Robin's death, maybe the killing would have been understood better.
>>
>>85574534
Normies don't know who Robin is so it wouldn't have made a difference. You're overestimating their intelligence.
>>
>>85574534
It seemed pretty straightforward to me, all my friends understood it.
>>
>>85574599
Old normies will know Robin for the Adam West TV series or the million spoofs and parodies that came out of it during the past 50 years. 30~40 year old normies will know him for the Batman and Robin movies from the 80's/90's.

Young normies will know him for Batman TAS or Teen Titans. Kid normies will know him for TTG or Young Justice.

Robin has been a staple in Batman media for the past 50 years. He's as recognizable as Alfred or Bat-girl.
>>
>>85574534
I assumed the Joker spray painted it black and then wrote his message in yellow
>>
>>85574599
>Intelligence is measured by how well one knows their comic-book superheroes

Also, Robin is a pop-culture icon whose image is easily associated with Batman. It's just that most people remember that Burt Ward guy when they think of the name "Robin."

Why did you think the audience chuckled in TDKR when it was revealed Blake's legal first name was "Robin"?
>>
I liked the movie but was actually mad at how much Batman in this universe we've already missed.
>>
>>85574534
>do you think more people would have understood what it was?
the people who didn't understand what it was are too stupid to get it if it had a big sign saying 'ROBIN'S DEATH MEMORIAL FROM HIS DEATH AT THE HANDS OF THE JOKER DEATH DEATH DEATH'

it said it in the letters Bruce Wayne got, it said it in the Suicide Squad

people should get it by now
>>
File: Dick_Grayson_DCAU_002.jpg (9KB, 331x312px) Image search: [Google]
Dick_Grayson_DCAU_002.jpg
9KB, 331x312px
>>85574599
Sorry anon, the term "Batman and Robin" is seared into pop culture. Just because he was in a shit movie in the 90s doesn't mean people don't know him.
>>
>>85574917
Is that what the letters meant? I thought it was to Bruce Wayne about his parents.
>>
>>85574706
Who is Alfred?
>>
>>85574948
exactly, because you're stupid
>>
>>85574951
How did Batman know to drive the Batmobile? Was it a coincidence?
>>
>>85574978
How is that a reference to Robin? It says you let your family die. Which his actual family died in front of him.
>>
>>85574983
I just want to know why he decided to start throwing those bat shaped novelty coasters he got.
>>
>>85574948
I thought it was a double meaning of both his parents and the employees.
>>
>>85574919
They actually many people who still don't know who the heck is Robin.
>>
>>85575023
>Which his actual family died in front of him.
and he had nothing to do with that, the whole point of the death of the waynes is that it was a random act of violence
they're talking about wayne enterprises and robin, his surrogate families, who he could have saved
>>
>>85574917
>>85574948
>>85574978
>>85575023

Jesus, the letters were about how he let Wayne Enterprises employees die in the Superman/Zod fight thing. Essentially, the person who sent them is suggesting that Wayne claims to treat his company like family, yet he "let" them die.

How the fuck would either or the things you're suggesting have anything to do with the plot of getting Batman mad at Superman? Why would Luthor send the letters anyway? What fucks does Luthor give about Batman's dead parents or Robin? Those have nothing to do with getting him buttmad at Superman.

Jesus, I didn't even like the movie, but I understood that basic element of it.
>>
>>85575066
they might not know their Tims from their Dicks, but they know Batman has a sidekick named Robin.
>>
>>85575128
Lex had no clear motivation to do anything and figured out both Bruce and Clark's identities off screen before the film even started. And when it's revealed that Lex has been sending the letters, who is Bruce supposed to believe is sending them in the first place? A disgruntled employee? By the font it looks like The Joker. I actually like the movie but Lex's genius Joker shenanigans are hard to follow. Especially when literally all of it has happened off screen.
>>
>>85575280
You're crazier than the Joker for coming up with that theory.
>>
>>85575378
What? What theory? Obviously, it wasn't implied that it was the Joker but the wacky blood scribbles sure looked similar to his style.
>>
File: chris-odonnell-robin.jpg (96KB, 550x856px) Image search: [Google]
chris-odonnell-robin.jpg
96KB, 550x856px
>>85574534
>>85574599
Normies are familiar with the Chris o' Donnel robin!
>>
>>85575425
I don't even think they'll be overly familiar with that one after all this time, other than a general sense of Robin=Gay character. They just probably know Batman his a kid sidekick called Robin as part of popular culture knowledge.
>>
>>85574534
It's not red and green because it's burned. I had to explain it to friends to, even a guy that knows a bit about comic book characters and has seen Under The Red Hood. On the other hand none of these friends are particularly smart and their taste in movies are not the best(basically just watch blockbusters)
>>
File: hola.png (156KB, 818x1306px) Image search: [Google]
hola.png
156KB, 818x1306px
>>
>>85574534
>It was onscreen for about 5 seconds, and if you aren't looking for it you might not notice the "R".
I'm actively looking and I can't see it.
>>
>>85575518
The final "AH"
>>
>>85575280
Yeah, none of the plot really made sense, especially because Luthor's actions drove the plot and Luthor's actions made no sense, but if the point of his actions were to get Batman mad at Superman, writing on the back of a newspaper article about the Zod fight thing destroying Wayne Enterprises "you let your family die" seems to make more sense if he's saying "you didn't protect your employees," especially because one of the, like, six prologues this film had was Wayne realizing the event orphaned a little girl.
>>
>>85575425
I think most people remember that Robin from those weird neon Batman movies, but in most pop-culture parodies or pastiches of Batman & Robin, Robin is depicted as more in line with the Burt Ward version.

In pop-culture homages to Batman, I've noticed you kind of alternately see the "classic" Batman costume (black and grey or blue and grey, yellow belt, mostly with the oval), or the Nolan TDK costume. We'll probably see less of the Nolan one as the Nolan trilogy becomes more distant.
>>
>>85575637
>Yeah, none of the plot really made sense, especially because Luthor's actions drove the plot and Luthor's actions made no sense

It made sense if you aren't retarded.
>>
Oh please this is the snyderverse, we're lucky superman is wearing red and blue.
>>
File: all robins.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
all robins.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>85574534

But Jason's suit doesn't have green.
>>
>>85577754
Nobody ever noticed Bruce Wayne adopting 5 kids all named Robin?
>>
>>85577754
Not only this picture is inaccurate and you should stop posting it, but Jason does have green there.
>>
>>85577855
fuck you i wasted hours on paint trying to put steph robin on this pic I'm gonna post it in every thread
>>
File: Robin_Jason_Todd_0015.jpg (212KB, 507x756px) Image search: [Google]
Robin_Jason_Todd_0015.jpg
212KB, 507x756px
>>85577754
Right....
>>
>>85578122

>Those quads on a teenager

Is that even natty?
>>
>>85574534
People didn't understand that? I think there were plenty of things in the movie that weren't clear enough, but Robin's suit definitely wasn't one of them.
>>
>>85575637
Agreed. The plot of the movie does make sense when you look at it as a whole, but the more you examine the plot the more it seems to fall apart. All the major plot points are there, but the way they connect feels really messy, mostly when Lex is involved.
>>
>>85578686
I dunno, they could have at least mentioned him by name.
>>
>HAHAHA
>JoKe'S
>on you
>RATMAN
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>85576203
>It made sense if you aren't retarded

>Better do shit in Africa so that people will think Superman shot people
>Better employ some people to bring me some kryptonite so that Batman can use it to kill Superman. Except I'll try my hardest to keep it away from Batman, to the extent of going through a car chase that destroys a bunch of shit
>Better have this wheelchair guy blow up the Senate even though nobody will think that Superman did it because this helps with getting Batman to kill Superman by...
>It's a good thing that I know the exact moment Batman would be hanging around on some building ready to fight Superman
>Also, gotta create a giant monster that I have no way to stop so that, regardless of who wins Fight Night, Doomsday kills that person. I guess I could had just started with Doomsday. Shit, how do I make sure this thing doesn't kill me?
>But also if that doesn't work, I sent a beacon to call Darkseid to Earth because even though my motivation was, like, not wanting to live under alien dictators b/c Germany, actually I do kinda wanna live under alien dictators. I mean, my other motivation was that I was hit and that made me an atheist, after all. So that means I... uh... okay I'm gonna level with you, this was just purely sequel-hook stuff.
>>
>>85578837
Joker was making fun of Bruce's "Ratman" costume. He was going through a phase.
>>
>>85578837
Can't you see the R on the suit? That suit belonged to Batman's dear friend, Ratman. The Joker pranked him by spray painting his suit, literally putting the joke on him.
>>
>>85574534
I can't believe there's idiots in /co/ that doubt if people know who is robin.

He is better known than Hulk or any Marvel character not named Spiderman.
>>
>>85578837
It was actually the Riddler who spray painted that, as shown by its green color. The three ha's indicate that he's going to strike in three different places. J K and S are all uppercase. J for Jail, K for Kite shop, S for Supermarket. "On you" signifies the time. U is the 21st letter of the alphabet. Riddler will commence his plan at 21:00, or 9:00 PM. Finally, Ratman signifies that his plan will involve rats, perhaps he will release a rat that will infect others, turning them into rat people, and this turning Batman into "Rat Man." Batman needs to capture the rats and make an antidote as soon as possible.
>>
>>85579837
>J for Jail, K for Kite shop, S for Supermarket
Close, but it actually stands for JK Simmons, as foreshadowing that the Riddler will be holding Commissioner Gordon hostage
>>
>>85579922
Well then how do you explain the three ha's?
>>
File: song of the sea.gif (420KB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
song of the sea.gif
420KB, 500x280px
>>85578755
>It's a "OP uses his personal impretion and dumbass opinion as it was a popular one that many people cared, but not really" thread.
>>
>>85574534
They could have just made the R more prominent.
>>
>>85574534
Where is the R though? I'm not really seeing it
>>
>>85581145
read the thread before posting
>>
>>85574599
Yes they do, the Arkham games let casuals know that not only has there been more than one Robin, but one was killed by the Joker.
>>
>>85577914
That's your attrocity? Add some black, she looks like a fuckung Christmas tree.
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.