[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went so horribly wrong? They made a light-hearted, villain-of-the-week

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 6

File: 600x600bb-85.jpg (98KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
600x600bb-85.jpg
98KB, 600x600px
What went so horribly wrong? They made a light-hearted, villain-of-the-week Flash show that was comfy, why couldn't they do the same for Supergirl?
>>
>>85568001

I've never watched it, but I thought that's what this show was. If it's not light hearted villain of the week then what the fuck are they doing?
>>
>>85568033
No I mean that it's a light-hearted villain-of-the-week show that's shit, it's just a poor man's Flash.
>>
I don't see what people say it's bad. Could you list some of the wrong things about it?
>>
you could just watch Lois and Clark instead of bitching that they haven't managed to recreate a show they already did well in the same franchise family
>>
>>85568427
Crappy main villain
Really bad costumes
Sucky fight scenes
Jimmy can't act for shit

I like it, but it does have some glaring issues.
>>
>>85568001

I liked it a lot more than any of the CW shows that season.

Supergirl was a cutie.

Martian Manhunter was awesome.

Flockhart stole the show as Grant.

The spin on Jimmy was GOOD. Not talking about him being black, but trying to move out of Superman's shadow and being older and more experienced.

The cast chemistry was really natural and fun and it got better and better.

Just sucks that Flockhart won't be on the main cast next season, but at least it can be spun in a fun way.
>>
>>85568427
>shit dialogue
>none of the villains are memorable
>bullshit romance subplot
And what >>85568525 said.
The only good things about the show imo:
>J'onn
>Alex & Kara's relationship
>Kara's milf mom/aunt
>Kat
>>
why isn't it on streaming
>>
>>85568639
This. There are legit complaints, sure, but it was still a good watch, all in all, and more enjoyable than all of the last season of Arrow (though not saying much), and most of the last half of The Flash.
>>
This show looks so fucking obnoxious. Am I correct?
>>
>>85568001
I didn't like how old she was and all the terrible effects
>>
>>85568729
The protag is female, of course she's pretentious and annoying.
>>
Damm you co you ruined it for me. I saw the pics of her having sex with her boyfriend and now I can't watch it also I think the mean boss lady is being reduced due to them moving the filming to Canada.However does anyone want to post them?
>>
>>85568001
>What went so horribly wrong?

They obviously don't have the budget to pull off a Supergirl show and the writers pandered too much to grrrrrrl power. Plus they fucked up Jimmy.
>>
>>85569003
Blacked etc etc I think they are going to a musical crossover with the flash as both actors are incredible singers having both stared in glee.
>>
>>85569003

Call me crazy, but the grrl power bits actually went into the background most of the season. It wasn't as IN YO FACE as it could have been. I hope they keep it to a minimum for season 2, but they really need to up their game on the writing, plot, fight choreography, and romance. Actually, if they can have Kara date ONE guy without the others pining for her, that would be a plus.
>>
>>85568852
same here I couldnt watch it because of that plus black Jimmy
>>
>>85568525
>Crappy main villain
That's understatement.
He somehow manages to be even more boring than CW Vandal Savage.
>>
>>85568001
The first episodes are pretty meh to pretty shit, but it just improves from there on, getting better and better.

All things considered I very much enjoyed it. Out of the modern DC liveaction shows I'd say it does character growth the best out of all of them.
>>
File: flashsupergirl0002.jpg (101KB, 940x583px) Image search: [Google]
flashsupergirl0002.jpg
101KB, 940x583px
>>85568001
>What went so horribly wrong?
Not set in Flarrowverse.
Not enough Kara/Barry.
Kara/Barry is otp
>>
>>85569569
Supergirl? That bitch looks like shes in her 30's
>>
Far too much focus on love interests and worse special effects than the flash. Some of the episodes were great, mostly because of Martian Man hunter and it looks like they're going to actually try and experiment with season 2 so it might be salvageable
>>
>>85568679
It will be Soon enough. Netflix cut a deal with CW to have each season up after it ends on their network. I think Supergirl will go up at the start or near the start of season 2.
>>
>>85568639
Flockhart is a great cheerleader for the show. Really cool how much support she gives it and will accompany it as it moves to Vancouver.
>>
>>85568639
Jimmy is fine as a more world shaped veteran since he's had the better part of a decade being around Superman. But the Jock stuff is a bit much and they really shouldn't have dialed in a romance with them that early.
>>
>>85568001
Blacked.
>>
File: supergirl wires.webm (3MB, 700x394px) Image search: [Google]
supergirl wires.webm
3MB, 700x394px
>>85568427
>>
>>85571289
>>
File: 246523678.gif (988KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
246523678.gif
988KB, 300x300px
I can't watch this show with others because of my Supergirl fetish
>>
>>85570746

A majority of people hate this show and you're acting like your opinion is the right one somehow.

And somehow jimmy is bigger than superman.

Terrible casting in this show. I'd rather have Tom back for another 10 years than this shitfest and Smallville had some truly terrible everything at times.
>>
File: shocked_tsundere.jpg (24KB, 860x634px) Image search: [Google]
shocked_tsundere.jpg
24KB, 860x634px
>>85571322
There's no way this is real!
>>
>>85571359

It's interesting that each show has its own action aesthetic. Flash is all about subtle uses of superspeed--papers fly around while he moves too fast for the camera--with usually less than a minute of really slick CGI. Arrow is all about parkour and fight choreography and action movie sequences.

Supergirl is about burning through the budget on special effects in daytime and...wires. Lots of wires. Like, they go out of their way to make sure they get all the bang out of those wires as they can.

Even Flash got rigged up in wires for the crossover, so he could be suspended in air by the electroblast.
>>
>>85568001

>using the word comfy

no wonder you enjoy crap made for teenage girls.
>>
>>85571322
The idea here is good.
The execution and pacing of it is awful.
I feel like these people watched the original superman Quadrology, and completely missed the point.
>>
>>85568001
It was better than Flash S2 after the first 4 episodes.

>J'onn is based
>Toyman episode
>top tier Bizzaro episode
>Black Mercy episode
>Red Kryptonite episode is good
>Relationship with Kara, her mom, and her aunt a super interesting counter to Clark, Jor-El, and Zod
>relationship with her sister is handled well
>Livewire legitimately intimidating

It's basically a pretty solid Superman show with the names flopped around. Shame about NiggerJimmy, though, and Ally McBeal ruins every scene she's in.
>>
>>85569166
This 2bh. First episodes are pure shit but the second half of the Livewire episode is like flipping a switch.

It is literally night and day comparing them. A new showrunner had to be brought in.

The Flash crossover is as bad as the first episodes though- nobody acts in character.
>>
>>855680001 is this bait
Supergirl was way better than Flash season 2
>>
>>85569091
A musical is a good thing
>>
>>85571688
>Livewire legitimately intimidating
No.
>>
Toyman was creepy.
>>
>>85569928
Melissa is only 27. Gustin is 26. And so what. You wouldn't date an older woman? I'd fuck Kat, she's a cougar.
>>
>>85568001
SJW/woman power shit out the ass. Even when they tried to ease up it was still cringy.

Jimmy. I can live with mature, black Jimmy. But not chad thundercock Jimmy who wants to fuck his best friend's only living relative. Would have been better if Wynn was Jimmy and Jimmy was wynn imo.

Show wasn't renamed Martian Manhunter and friends.

Fights could have been a lot better. Although I liked a lot of the tone/situations SG was put in compared to Flash S2.
>>
KARA A CUTE
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.