[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Sausage Party a good example of mature animation and animation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 10

File: maxresdefault (6).jpg (516KB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (6).jpg
516KB, 3840x2160px
Is Sausage Party a good example of mature animation and animation as a medium being pushed to new heights?
>>
Nah, and it's not even because of Rogen. He just pushes salt into the wound that is this abortion of a movie.
>>
>>85563611
Yeah, new heights of shit
>>
>mature
the word you're looking for is adult
Literally every Pixar film is more mature than this horseshit
>>
Please, please stop.
This movie is already being praised to high heavens by normies who like rogen and the heads of the studio got away with treating the animators like dirt and not crediting anyone.
>>
Sausage Party is an expedition into that oh-so-ephemeral realm of "things so stupid people will pay just to see how stupid they are, but are sufficiently novel to not yet be boring." Denizens of this realm include Yolo Romeo and Organic Food.
>>
>>85563611
>peepee poopoo humor
>mature

>This is what normies think
>>
It works as an adult parody of Dreamworks and Disney but that's all.
>>
>>85563814

Seriously. Inside Out was a story about the mind of a 11 year old girl and it was more mature than this shitfest.
>>
Someone post the orgy.
>>
>>85563947
It's normalfag you goddamn fuckhead.
>>
>>85563611
>mature
You misspelled "manure"
>>
I heard the animators were treated like shit and half of them weren't even credited.
>>
You're all a bunch of haters, I bet you all watch anime too and think it's better than Sauage Party
>>
it wasn't even a good example of "look just how fucked up animation can be!"
I liked the script version better
>>
File: spblu.jpg (163KB, 500x735px) Image search: [Google]
spblu.jpg
163KB, 500x735px
Is South Park: Bigger, Longer and Uncut a good example of mature animation and animation as a medium being pushed to new heights?
>>
>>85565380
It's normie you idiot

Go back to /b/
>>
>>85565741
your newfag is showing

Good show, ol bean.
>>
>>85563814
Not to mention the very thing that Sausage Party is marketing off of; the kids who grew up from Toy Story.
>>
>>85563814
Even Where The Dead Go To Die was more mature than this shit and that's saying something.
>>
>>85563947
>>85565380
>>85565741
>>85566203
Ah yes, /co/, where newfag anons try to use add hominems despite not yet realising that the medium in which they are arguing makes the usage of ad hominems impossible.
>>
>>85566689
politely, this
>>
>>85563611
>good example of mature animation
Visual dick jokes: no
>good example of animation as a medium being pushed to new heights
Unless you have a good example of the animators/model designers doing anything that can't be matched or outperformed by Zootopia, The Peanuts Movie, The Secret Life of Pets, or even the trailer for Moana: no

I know you're memeing us, OP, but come on man. Don't be this obvious about it.
>>
I think it's a good example of how far standards for entertainment have dropped.
>>
>>85566950
>comparing a 30mil$ movie to 150mil$ movies
>>
>>85563611
It got a lot of buzz from /co/ so there were a lot of colliding opinions. Most movies that just plain suck don't get mentioned at all but this one was the talk of the town.
>>
>>85563611
Not really.

That said, if all goes well, it might open the gate for one further down the line.
>>
>>85563611
So how many women worked on this movie? Or was Sausage Party a sausage fest?
>>
>>85563611
I actually have two separate friends who were confused at my lack of enthusiasm for this movie. One of them even clarified that "No it's not gay" because he actually thought that that would be my concern
What the fuck

>>85567067
>Claiming a movie is a good example of animation if it can't even properly pay or credit its animators and model designers

Its a sad day when Sausage Party will make more money than Kubo and the Two Strings
>>
File: 936.jpg (7KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
936.jpg
7KB, 200x200px
>>
>>85567276
>No it's not gay
wow was he WRONG
>>
>>85565600
It's an 80-minute episode with better effects.
>>
>>85563611
This is just a shitty Dreamworks movie with more swearing and innuendos. Nothing was pushed, it followed the modern children's movie formula to a T.
>>
Oh, I'm the Hamburgler! Robble robble!

ROBBLE ROBBLE!
>>
Heh, hey guys, you know the hot dog... heh heh... kinda looks like a dick...
>>
>>85563611

It's a good for a brainless lowest common denominator type comedy. But if forces it's messages hard. Which I find to be super hypocritical.

The movie is obviously not meant to be taken seriously yet has serious messages about religion.

I had a good experience watching this with my friends but I'd hesitate to call it a good movie because the movie had very little effort put into it on the writing side and while the animation was pretty standard my friend pointed out a few times where they straight up reused animation.

I don't want this movie to be the shinning example of adult animation because then the norm will pretty much be a sea of dick jokes and gore instead of things that are well thought out.

To answer the question it may both damage or help animation as a medium depending on the outcome.
>>
>>85567582
And it was good
>>
>>85569111
I took a shit once and realized that a foot turned sideways kind of looks like a dick
>>
>>85565380
>>85565741
>Not using both
Nothing wrong with a little variety in your vocabulary fucktards
>>
It's a good example of unfunny Jews with too much money

Literally the only good thing that could come of this fucking abomination is that MAYBE more adult animated films MIGHT be greenlit.
>>
File: 1385429254024.jpg (14KB, 180x157px) Image search: [Google]
1385429254024.jpg
14KB, 180x157px
>>85563611
Seth Rogen needs to stop. On every level and in every way, just stop.
>>
>Work in cinema
>Normalfag parents with their kids go "Oh look Sausage Part! Doesn't that look fun [generic kid's name]?"
>"Yeah Sausage Party!"

It's... It's fucking called Sausage Party. How do they think it's for kids? The poster is brimming with sexual innuendo. I do not understand how these people's brains work.
>>
>>85570798
Normie is a goddamn sanitized, safe space approved version of normalfag. Like hell I will approve of its usage.
>>
Reminder that they totally ripped this off from John K
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jChH97Z4g6Y
>>
>>85570904
There will always be parents that assume that anything cartoony is family friendly. I remember when my mom was working as a first grade teacher and the South Park movie came out, and there was a rash of kids who had been taken to the movie "accidentally" and ended up cussing in class.
Basically, lots of parents are fucking retarded.
>>
File: image.jpg (75KB, 550x512px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
75KB, 550x512px
>>85567067

The Wind Rises was made with a budget of 30 Mil

>>85563611

More like new lows.

I think we're all missing the point though that Seth has set himself on the path of becoming the next Adam Sandler with one small exception. He'll keep chucking out garbage movies that stay relevant due to being controversial while providing some Reddit-tier kike """""""""""""""""social commentary""""""""""""" and US normies will lap that shit up and studios will keep giving him jobs because it's a guaranteed paycheck. Holy shit this is real life this is the future of """"""""adult""""""" animation.

I've made my own self depressed.
>>
File: 1282910598736.png (189KB, 469x360px) Image search: [Google]
1282910598736.png
189KB, 469x360px
>mfw I had to take my friends 11 year old daughter to see sausage party
>>
>>85570955
lewd
>>
File: spock-illogical.jpg (23KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
spock-illogical.jpg
23KB, 480x360px
>>85570867
I just don't understand how he keeps getting work...
>>
File: 1457896619392.jpg (25KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1457896619392.jpg
25KB, 500x375px
>>85570947
>Basically, lots of parents are fucking retarded.

The thought that literally anyone with working parts can have kids honestly keeps me awake some nights.
>>
>>85564909
>It works as an adult parody of Dreamworks and Disney but that's all.
I keep seeing this but how does it parody anything? Parody has to actually take something and subvert it, all this does is take it and add weed lmao humour. If it is parody it isn't very good parody.
>>
>>85571091
>dude what if not living shit is actually alive??
how fucking retarded do you have to be not to get this?
>>
>>85570951
I notice /co/ seems to have this general opinion Wind Rises is some astonishing feat in animation. The movie fucking sucked ass and the protagonist was literally a mass murderer that made WMDs.
>>
>>85571235
Go back to sucking Frozens dick, Disneyfaggot.
>>
File: George_Liquor_family_moments.png (790KB, 909x629px) Image search: [Google]
George_Liquor_family_moments.png
790KB, 909x629px
>>85570928

Will John K. sue?
>>
>>85563611
No. Why would it be?
>>
>>85565600
It is, it raised the bar so other movies could get away with more shenanigans
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.