[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

http://www.comicbookresources.com/a rticle/robert-kirkman-an

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 15

File: 105cvrCLR[1].jpg (179KB, 594x900px) Image search: [Google]
105cvrCLR[1].jpg
179KB, 594x900px
http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/robert-kirkman-announces-the-end-of-invincible

>Issue 144, the conclusion of the 12-part epic THE END OF ALL THINGS, will be the final issue of Invincible.

Holy fucking shit.
>>
>>85557795
I'm not surprised. This book has had random delays and breaks. I figured at some point it was bound to end.
>>
>>85557795
I bet it ends on a whimper trying to be a bang
>>
>>85558130
Sounds like me during sex
>>
>>85558099
I'm not surprised because Kirkman was running out of gimmick steam. He'd done everything there is to Mark, it all fell on a flat note and there's nothing left but just lower the curtains.
>>
Sounds like a storytime will be in order
>>
>>85557795
Now of only The Walking Dead would end.
>>
>>85557795
I'm quite a bit behind, how do things stand right now? Can he wrap up all the loose ends in 14 issues?
>>
>>85560653
14 issues is a lot of pages to play with, but he's got a lot of work to do.

I'm really glad they announced this a year ahead of time. Shows that he's giving a lot of time and thought to how he's going to end it. And it cushions the blow for the readers.
>>
File: 1470576763461.jpg (83KB, 416x684px) Image search: [Google]
1470576763461.jpg
83KB, 416x684px
>No more of my favorite murderer

I hope Kirkman doesn't fuck up the ending.
>>
>>85557795
Is this another gimmick like when he was going to "reboot" invincible?
>>
>>85560653
>how do things stand right now?
Terribly. I used to be really into Invincible but honestly I'm glad it's ending. It's pretty much just a soap opera now, with developments like Eve fucked somebody else while Mark was gone, Nolan is friends with Robot (who Mark hates) and Anissa had Mark's rape baby.
>>
>>85560653
Only major issue is Thragg and his sex slave insect babies.

Rest is space soap opera with only real problem being Anissa's rape baby.
>>
I think Kirkman was just seeing that Invincible wasn't making as much money as his other properties. Even though it has a lot of die hard fans and surprisingly it was picking up steam. People were starting to warm up to it slowly , he doesn't see it as it being his mature work and "grown up" tv work he was doing.

I felt for almost 2 years that Invincible was suffering because he had to deal with a lot on his plate and it wasn't getting its just deserved. Back when he was hungry to make something good it showed. Before TWD tv show exploded the quality of his books were top notch, now, now its just a semblance of what it was.

I just wish Kirkamn would've fucking released some action figures or a TV show or something from Invincible, or let someone else take over see what they do with it. You could tell stories for a few gneerations with his offspring and his brother's offspring but we'll see what happens in the end , some people sage Scourge virus 2.0 might come and extinguish the Viltrumites. Basically this book got me back into cape comics in a story time here almost 10 years ago, sad to see it go.
>>
>>85563472
I'm so glad I finally gave up on that book when Mark and Eve left Earth.
>>
>>85564636
If the series is ending, now is the perfect opportunity for an adaptation - animated, live-action, or otherwise. The show's producers wouldn't have to worry about the series going on another 20, 50, 100 issues before getting a conclusion.
>>
>>85566773

A high-budget live-action adaptation of Invincible could be fucking incredible
>>
>>85566773
>The show's producers wouldn't have to worry about the series going on another 20, 50, 100 issues before getting a conclusion.

Who says the show would have to be 1:1 adaptation? Invincible would easily lend itself to be a very loose adaptation with original stories just taking inspiration from what the comic was doing. You could spend an entire season or two on just covering the time where Mark and befriending the hero community as he is learning the ropes, and the season finale is him fighting his dad.
>>
>>85567111
I'm not saying it has to be 1-1, but the point is that having a concrete or planned ending makes executives far more likely to fund a full series than for something that hasn't ended yet.
>>
>>85567163
>but the point is that having a concrete or planned ending makes executives far more likely to fund a full series than for something that hasn't ended yet

That didn't stop Thief of Thieves and Outcast getting TV deal right off the gate. This is only an issue if you're committing to do a very close adaptation, which feels entirely pointless for something like Invincible that doesn't have a very clear long term direction as a series.
>>
I just want some action figures from the Invincible universe is that so bad famalamalam?
>>
File: tumblr_o9wxvnya4a1qzxbz1o1_1280.jpg (100KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o9wxvnya4a1qzxbz1o1_1280.jpg
100KB, 1080x1080px
>>85567796
>>85567052
I'd rather see an animated adaption done by Studio Mir with Joaquim Dos Santos directing
>>
>>85563472
>I used to be really into Invincible but honestly I'm glad it's ending
My sentiments exactly
>>
>>85557795
>kicking me out of the one ride i didn't wanted to end

fuck Kirkman
>>
>>85563472
>Eve fucked somebody else while Mark was gone, Nolan is friends with Robot (who Mark hates) and Anissa had Mark's rape baby.
>>85563472
I knew you were going to complain about the most pointless shit ever in the comic.

I say that Mark getting rape is the thing that people should be focusing on.

Yes, Eve fucked a guy because Mark was gone for like 4 years or some shit, of course she is going to do that and who cares? is just sex!

Unless they do some ''hidden son that ages fast'' thing in the future.
>>
File: invin.jpg (2MB, 1800x2767px) Image search: [Google]
invin.jpg
2MB, 1800x2767px
>>85564636

Well I agree with some of that, I always loved everything that the book has ever done.

But the only thing is that the viltrimute war felt too damn short and easy! Like it actually felt like the viultrumite were the lesser force in that fight.
>>
>>85560653
>I'm quite a bit behind, how do things stand right now?

The book was kind of directionless following the Viltrumite War. Things did get kind of shitty like >>85563472 says. But after that Kirkman introduced a couple big status quo changes and the quality has really picked up. I've enjoyed the book more in the last few months than I have in years.

I'm really sad to see it go since IMO it just hit its stride again.
>>
>>85563472
It's been much better recently (not the past 5 or so issues) but for about a 15 issue stretch after robot took over it was pretty good
>>
File: erection.jpg (32KB, 364x271px) Image search: [Google]
erection.jpg
32KB, 364x271px
>>85568232
>high-quality adult swim/HBO animated series
>Legend of Korra level budget
>>
>>85558195
Kek
>>
Do you think in 10 years there will be Invincible Super?
>>
File: 195463452452.gif (190KB, 360x360px) Image search: [Google]
195463452452.gif
190KB, 360x360px
>>85568232
Studio Mir would translate Ryan Ottley's art into animation fucking perfectly.
>>
File: Disappoint.png (265KB, 380x542px)
Disappoint.png
265KB, 380x542px
>>85568376
Not that anon but this is the 3rd time Eve has gone off and done something impulsively. The abortion, the inexplicable decision to break up with Mark after he returned from the alternate universe instead of recognizing that Robot had lied to her, and now this. More on the person she was just having sex with was an complete piece of shit who wanted her to abandon her responsibilities to her daughter. This is how she moves forward while Mark remains unflinchingly faithful?
In fact, despite all these failings on her part Mark never judges or doubts her, and yet again 3 times she doubts him. Eve always assumes she is in the right and has never once been, Mark always doubts himself and is always right. It's not just about the sex really, it's what her choices, words and actions say about her.

Her character never learns, she has nor redeeming qualities. Her only purpose since marriage has been to inconvenience Mark emotionally for drama. It's become tiresome.
>>
>>85568973
Nigga, you cannot be serious.

Mark repeatedly disappeared for months and years at a time, you think that isn't extremely distressing? Besides, she didn't date anyone for like four years, which is pretty fucking faithful when as far as anyone knew he was dead. If your spouse dies, are you supposed to never move on with your life?

You're like those fuckers who think Skyler White was wrong to be angry that her husband was a sociopathic drug kingpin.
>>
Fat Eve was a mistake. It's been all downhill from there.
>>
>>85569352
She wasn't even a cute fatty. Her facial anatomy was actually changed by the artist, because God forbid someone with good bone structure actually still look okay as a fatty.
>>
I just want an animated show stop being a Cuck Kirkman and make it happen.

Before Invincible the last cape book I read was Spiderman in 1998 it took me like 6 years to come back and it was only Invincible that made it happen. After this all cape comics are dead to me , faggotry of Marvel and DC constant rehashing is and SJW bullshit is nauseating.
>>
it honsetly feels wrong that Invincible is ending but the walking dead remains

Its too bad.. Invincible is the ONLY comic i follow monthly now and well
well i guess its kinda exciting that its ending. Im just bummed. Lets hope every issue from here till the end is something epic.
(although the final arc doesnt start until 133)
14 issue left of invincible
never thought id say that. wow.
>>
>>85568376
>Who cares? It's just sex lol !

Thanks for reminding me how this world need to be annihilated.
>>
144 is a dumb number to leave on. Wonder if Kirkman is going on hiatus from Invincible just to come back to it in 5 years wihtout having to feel bad about it.

Meh, who am i fooling. Kirkman just wants to hang out with his "writer room" friends over at AMC. damnit.
>>
>>85557795

I didn't think he's ever stop the book. Makes me wonder if super dinosaur or Wolf Man is still viable to be continued.

>>85559944

Not until the money stops, anon.
>>
File: eve is a selfish cunt.png (18KB, 1542x169px) Image search: [Google]
eve is a selfish cunt.png
18KB, 1542x169px
>>85569312
Someone explained this really well last time we talked about Invincible. Eve never wanted to date a cosmic level super hero. She thought she understood what dating a hero meant, but she had only dated Daredevil, never Superman.

>>85572007
Seriously. Why not take the extra 6 issues to end on 150?
>>
Invincible was literally the only monthly ongoing that I would read every issue of. Sad to see it go, but it's run it's course.
>>
>>85572308
Agreed. Invincible has been and still is my favorite comic, even though it's high's and lows. I'm glad it's ending too. Stories that cycle forwards forever are meaningless. Here's to hoping they can pull it off.
>>
>>85568291
>>85568472
Whoa whoa, is that lion guy being worn as a trophy pelt by Freddie Mercury over there?
>>
>>85572836
yup. They had a fight spanning weeks before Mercury came out on top.
>>
This book is kind of like Fables. They both got stretched to about 150 issues, but they should have ended long before that.
>>
File: 1469929477728.jpg (47KB, 467x352px) Image search: [Google]
1469929477728.jpg
47KB, 467x352px
>>85572308
>>85572643
Same boat. Been reading since the beginning. Great stuff until the war ended then it became more of a "o cool invincible is out. Guess I'll read it" casual.
I haven't read it since those 3 retconning issues.
I guess it ending is good enough reason to finish it
>>
>>85573049
>ended long before that

fuck off.

everything ive seen (minus the entirely dumb stupid and pointless reboot arc) was great.

everyone thinks the vultrimite war is where it should have stopped
but really?

robot assuming control of earth was great
freddy merc vs battle beast was awesome
the reveal of freddy mercs hell spawn

the problem is kirkman busts his load way too quick on great concepts
(the multiverse invincibles)
>>
>>85573689
There was cool shit for sure, but it just feels like more of a drag. Mercury's kids just seems like a shitty rehash of the war.
>>
>>85564636
Yeah, I've thought pretty much all the connected books by other teams have at leas been solid. His original idea of passing the torch could have worked. Nothing says he would have to let it get totally out of his control like the big 2. If he curated the new teams with people he liked then it should stay good right?
>>
I don't care what happens to the main book anymore, I just want another Guarding the Globe type series
>>
>>85574395
I hope some occasional spin-off books keep happening, but knowing Kirkman there probably won't be a ton of characters left alive at the end of this event.

I'm curious if how he's actually going to turn the event on it's head. The obvious thing is a full on assault on Earth from kid Vultrimite army, with Mark reluctantly siding with Robot. If Mark lives, he ends up staying on Earth with Robot probably dying in the war but him seeing the positives of his take over. If Mark dies than some kind of set up for his daughter to eventually become a hero, maybe a timeskip showing her first costume or something, with Eve having moved on.
>>
>>85574563
>but knowing Kirkman there probably won't be a ton of characters left alive at the end of this event
True, half the characters I loved in GtG dies in Robot's takeover to further catastrophic events will just kill more of the Yamcha squad
>>
>>85574563
hopefully the last issue will show mark dying and the very next day eve is having sex with bulletproof
>>
>>85557795
Oh good maybe I'll get around to finishing it now. The release schedule was so slow I gave up around issue 50?
>>
>>85574926
It's pretty fun to read collected. Trying to read it issue by issue is really shitty
>>
>>85572007
>>85572277
144 fits perfectly into another compendium volume.
>>
>>85560653
it literally had a good ending and then they just kept going and doing more and more shit stories
>>
>>85573689
The Viltrumites living on earth was a lot of fun too.

Everyone complains about the War being the end point but still praise Dinosaurus, who was just a 1 off joke villain before that.
>>
>>85575492
Dinosaurus was fine until Ultimatum and that whole arc left a bad taste in my mouth for his character
>>
>>85572007
It's like you don't even know what 12^2 is.
>>
>>85564080

What about the weird glowing alien that kidnapped Mark and warned him about a apocalyptic event happening in the future?
>>
>>85576025
>12^2
2 cDo not be conformed to this world,3 but be transformed by dthe renewal of your mind, that by testing you may ediscern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

sometimes i forget kirkmung was raised in the bible belt
>>
>>85557795
I am OK with this.
Kirkman has been phoning it in for his comics since he because a gorrillianare with the TV show and all the merch
>>
>>85575492
The Viltrumites living on earth was pretty great, yeah.
Also, I know that Anissa was initially very resistant to getting knocked up by an Earthling, but wasn't that one female Viltrumite with the bladed pony-tail there too? Did she willing go out and find a mate?
I like to think that some lucky earth guy is happily married to this amazonian warrior and has no idea just how lucky he has it. Like Bewitched but with more murder.
>>
>>85576194
That's obviously going to get forgotten about. It was just a way to make a timeskip seem less jarring really.
>>
Goodbye, Invincible Universe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87bcPisyTHs
>>
>>85557795
Can he cuck Invincible Man a third time before it ends?
>>
>>85557795
Honestly it should have ended before now, at least its coming to an end though
>>
>>85568291
>are you ready to finish this?

NO
YOU
ARE
NOT

Just look at this shit. Heads are getting bashed in, punched off, chewed in half. If they are not punching your face, they are punching your entire head. If they are not punching your head, they are punching your balls. Fuck your balls, they are punching your entire PLANET. Fuck your planet, they are going to punch your EVERYTHING. There is no longer an order. You are ALL next.

GET
READY

>I already am
>>
>>85569312
t. Carl the Cuck
>>
>>85576445
>they are punching your entire PLANET
>>
Is kryptonian Freddy Mercury still in the book?
>>
File: 416108._SX640_QL80_TTD_.jpg (138KB, 585x900px) Image search: [Google]
416108._SX640_QL80_TTD_.jpg
138KB, 585x900px
>>85577261
>>
>>85577555
>Freddy
>Something to be sad about

I guess he's gonna kill Mark's kid. He's sad because it means losing a powerful Viltrumite from the royal bloodline.
>>
>>85577624
naw.
marks child is an allegory of kirkmans own children just like the entire invincible story

kirklessmongaloid wont kill her off.
>>
>>85577721
Also she's nearly a pure blooded viltrumite, at the very least they would treat her like Mark and just get her to breed a bunch
>>
>>85557795
Good. Now Ottley can finally move on to do some DC work. Marvel too but i'm afraid they would waste him by dumping him on an Inhumans or Star Wars book.
>>
File: 1465776314175.jpg (219KB, 775x734px) Image search: [Google]
1465776314175.jpg
219KB, 775x734px
>>85557795

First the Ultimate universe and now this. 2016 is truly suffering.
>>
>>85557795
Only 10 years too late.
>>
>>85559815
Hopefully not. The book, like everything Kirkman writes, became a slog after the initial idea loses its novelty. The character assassination he pulled on Amber (which was only, what, in the 40s?) was the first sign that the book was headed to shit.
>>
>>85579766
The last full run Storytime was great, the mustache edits alone were worth it.
>>
File: Invincible War Cover.jpg (2MB, 4000x1582px) Image search: [Google]
Invincible War Cover.jpg
2MB, 4000x1582px
Thread posts: 84
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.