[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>we live in a world where Thor has a trilogy but the Fantastic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 4

File: Fantastic Four 543-000.jpg (855KB, 976x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Fantastic Four 543-000.jpg
855KB, 976x1500px
>we live in a world where Thor has a trilogy but the Fantastic Four are "outdated"

What went wrong?
>>
>>85545741
Fox owns the movie rights, and won't give them up.
>>
Marlel full of money grubbing kikes.
Water wet.
>>
>>85545741

>What went wrong?
Thinking the idea "family" is outdated is a start.
>>
>>85545741
?

Fantastic Four just had a movie last year though.
>>
>>85545741
Try watching the movies they got this century.
>>
>>85545741
I never liked the fantastic family much myself
I think they should sacrifice themselves to save the marvel universe, much like Barry Allen
>>
>>85545816
I dont understand, do you actually like that movie and are waiting for someone to say how awful it is so you can argue, or are you genuinely not aware of it's already infamous online reception?
>>
>>85545887
I personally love them. Even if you dont like ff I dont see anything to really passionately dislike.
>>
>>85545816
Comics FF =/= Movies FF. The licensing issues between the two are legendary and resulted in the Fantastic Four in the comics being separated and phased out as a team post Secret Wars. OP is talking about the FF in the comics being outdated.
>>
Spidey made me like them.
>>
>>85545741
I've never been a fan of them as a team, save for when they have other heroes join them as a temporary replacement for another member. Ben Grimm is fantastic, though.
>>
>>85546043
i dont feel that way but a lot of people do here. I just cant believe how far behind they are now since movies dictate what's popular.
>>
>>85545741
FF has always been shit. Individually, the members are alright, but as a group? Boring.
>>
>>85546254
Even Lee/Kirby and Byrne? FF and Spider-Man are the best of the silver age era by far
>>
>>85546290
I just cannot enjoy them.
>>
>>85546254
no that's wrong
>>
Fantastic Four has always been boring as shit and sub par at best.
>>
>>85546113
What I said isn't a matter of opinion. It's a hard fact that Fox owns the FF movie licensing rights. Marvel Comics, which is owned by Disney, has specifically phased out the FF in order to impede the popularity of Fox's movie. It's why Ben Grimm is in the GotG, why Johnny Storm is with the Inhumans and why Reed and Sue are MIA after Secret Wars.
>>
For some reason people think they're cheesy lighthearted oldschool heroes, despite the fact that they're actually explorers of incomprehensible dimensions who study blasphemous cosmic abominations on a daily basis.

I don't understand why this misconception of them exists. I mean, their most famous story involves an elder god coming to devour the planet with them having to dissuade it. The entirety of cosmic Marvel is founded on them.
>>
>>85546744
>The entirety of cosmic Marvel is founded on them.

Not just cosmic Marvel, almost 50% if not more of the Marvel universe. Stan and Kirby introduced so many concepts and characters in that title. It was the damn cornerstone of the shared universe.
>>
>>85546744
>>85546957
I feel the same way, it honestly makes me sad. Like, there's going to be an inhumans movie without the Fantastic Four. I cant be the only one who sees that as just fucking wrong.
>>
File: 1365728735113.png (191KB, 675x184px) Image search: [Google]
1365728735113.png
191KB, 675x184px
>>85545741
Thor is the superior Kirby Kreation anyway so I'm okay with this.
>>
Only good things from Fantastic Four are Doom and Annihilus.
>>
>>85545785
More like it's overused.
The Avengers, the GotG, the fucking Suicide Squad, each of them is considered "a family" too.
Fantastic Four is outdated because everything it did did so well was eventually sectioned off and co-opted by another IP. And personally if I'm gonna read trippy cosmic abstract epics I'd rather it be about other characters, Fireman Rockman and Stretchman aren't really suited for it IMO.
>>
>>85547538
If we're talking the comics then Thor is in my top 3 Marvel series from the silver age. MCU Thor on the other hand other hand makes me want to drink after seeing how butchered he is compared to the other Avengers.

>inb4 people accuse me of not getting Thor or being butthurt over romantic comedies
Defenders of MCU Thor somehow manage to be even worse then the character's treatment in the films.
>>
>>85545741
A lot of famous comics nowadays are still alive because of new fans from films. Every F4 film was terrible, so it didn't attract the new fans needed to keep it alfoat.
>>
If you don't like Ben Grimm you're literally not a fan of comics and furthermore you're no friend of mine
>>
>>85547796
So the F4's only issue is just being at the same status Marvel IPs that aren't Spider-Man or the X-Men were before the Avengers came to theaters? That doesn't seem like too deep a hole if Iron Man can do it
>>
>>85547901
It wouldn't be if it wasn't for Fox being the absolute worst.
>>
File: FF - Earl Norem.jpg (305KB, 1116x910px) Image search: [Google]
FF - Earl Norem.jpg
305KB, 1116x910px
I wish they got a good movie
>>
Is it true that if they would introduce a new character in a FF comic s/he would be owned by Fox automatically?
>>
>>85545741

>outdated

If by outdated you mean movie rights owned by another studio then certainly.
>>
File: 1465270142403.png (131KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
1465270142403.png
131KB, 480x640px
>>85547582
>The Watcher
>Galactus
>Silver Surfer
>Inhumans
>Immortus/Kang
>The Skrulls
>The Kree
>Mole Man & Subterranea
>Black Panther

You suck
>>
>>85545741
Fox owns the movie rights, Perlmutter is salty as fuck and Fox will keep making movies of them no matter how bad out of pure spite.
>>
Who owns Franklin? Could we get an animated Son of a Genius movie from them?
>>
Its kinda fucked. I hate so called "fans" of marvel these days. Like the FF did it all first and then some.

I guess this is what they get when marvel hires mediocre writers after mediocre ones.

There is no reason their concept is out dated. Look at the incredibles for fucks sake, its often lauded as the best FF movie for a reason.

Family driven crazy superhuman explorers shouldn't be a hard outdated concept.
>>
>>85545741
It's because they're white, OP

Just like 'diversity' is code for 'no white people' or 'high crime', 'outdated' or 'antiquated' is code for 'too white'.
>>
The Fantastic Four are not outdated, a couple years ago the Hickman was a high seller and a very good book. I think the big problem comes from when writers go to the same well over and over again. Writers make a Johnny has to mature story, even tough there are like 300 of those, Reed is un-emotional so he learns how, Sue needs to be shown to be a badass, and well The Thing has a chance to be human. The big problem comes from the fact that for years people think they need to movie on from the sterotypes of the characters, but the next writer resets them to move them on again. The good writers tend just have fun and do things.
>>
>>85545741
FF kinda suck
>>
>>85546290
The FF themselves are boring. It's just that they have cool villains to bounce off, like Namor, Dr Doom, etc.
>>
>>85545741
Well, the characters are fine, but their style and naming are antiquated.
Family dynamics are never really outdated, but having the same family forever is something comic writers don't seem to like doing.
And that corny-ass 60s shit is kinda a non-starter for kids. They don't see decades of history, but one out of fashion outfit.
>>
FF can work. They did work when Hickman was writing them. They had two books at one point which is huge for them.

They can work again but I doubt Marvel will make any effort on them until they get the movie rights back.
>>
>>85546744
Challengers of the Unknown did it earlier, and they did it better

>>85547445
Don't worry, there will be no inhumans movie
>>
>>85550732
The only good characters you mentioned are Kang and... that's it.
>>
>>85549363
They had 2 times, albeit one time it was cancelled. It's that the fans don't know what they want.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.