[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

http://variety.com/2016/film/news/p okemon-movie-writers-gua

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 5

http://variety.com/2016/film/news/pokemon-movie-writers-guardians-of-the-galaxy-gravity-falls-1201831694/

Hack got the last laugh!
>>
I dont like hirsch after what happened to gravity falls.
It was such a good show and should have lasted longer and it seemed like idk something shady happened I dont know what happened, if he did something or something else happened but he turns me off now.
>>
>>85539736
Beginner's luck.
>>
>>85540090
I think he seems kind of obnoxious.

Just feels like I randomly run into a lot of examples of him being kind of a dick, and I don't even try to keep up with the guy.
>>
>>85540194
Oh yea? Like what?
>>
>>85539736
Will it have devito? If not who cares
>>
>Guardians of the Galaxy writer
Wasn't her treatment basically rewritten by Gunn?
>>
>>85540090
Why should it have gone on longer than necessary? At least it got an ending, that's more than can be said about most modern cartoons.
>>
>>85540367
>at least I got an orgasm while being raped, that's more than can be said about most people's first times
>>
>>85540300
Completely, yes.
>>
>>85539736
>Writers to pen movie.
So nothing. Both writers could be kicked off the project long before it even gets greenlit. At most, they're just writing the outline for the script.

I will be fucking mad if Hirsch stays throughout the entire production as a writer and producer, though. If Gennedy can't even get Popeye off the ground, then this movie should be dumped off, too.
>>
>>85540367
>Why should it have gone on longer than necessary?
it deserved at least 1 more season
needed more episodes involving Ford bonding with the family
finding out whatever Ford did

maybe actually build up towards Gideon redeeming himself instead of Dipper (a guy he's never had any reason to listen too) giving him a speech and changing like that

maybe giving Weirdmageddon the pace it needed

development for the Society of the Blind Eye (but that's really low on the list)

more development for Bill instead of him just being just a dumb frat boy

and for a show about mystery based in the Northwest, we never got an episode with Bigfoot
>>
>>85540601
but if we got 1 more season we'd just get more episodes involving Mabel being selfish and Dipper learning that he needs to accept it
>>
>>85539736
Am I the only one more wondering how the hell you can call a pokemon movie (especially once focused on Pikachu) "live-action"?
>>
>>85540300
Pretty much yeah which makes me curious about what her draft was about especially since she planned to add three other characters to the GotG core team that weren't Adam or Quasar

>“I think if I was doing a sequel or if we’d been writing one of the Avengers characters, it would be a little more fraught. What’s nice about Guardians is that it’s that first foray into cosmic Marvel, so we had a lot of leeway. I chose the characters that I liked the best,” she said. “Nobody guided me. No one said, ‘You can’t do this character, you have to do this character.’” (Perlman said she worked in three other characters as possible members of the core group into early drafts, but, again, declined to say which ones, in case Marvel has plans for them in the future. For those of you wondering, however, she said she did not ever consider Adam Warlock or Quasar.)

She also had J'Son, Spartax and Rich apparently
>>
>>85540090
>that rambling run-on sentence that had no point

I smell your vagina.
>>
>>85540790
Anon you don't know what vagina smells like.
>>
>>85540799
I've made use of enough used panties to have a pretty good idea.
>>
>>85540611
>but if we got 1 more season we'd just get more episodes involving Mabel being selfish and Dipper learning that he needs to accept it

love this meme
>>
>>85540664
by filming a live action movie and adding a CGI pikachu in post?
>>
>>85541422
>meme
Refute in then faggot. I'm not that anon but I can think of at least five clear examples that back his statement up. Can you show ANY counter-evidence or are you just defensive as a mabelfag.
>>
>>85539736
Thats just guess work, I'm sure they will just get OLM to handle the CG animation when Toho shoots the live action.

Remember, the US studio behind this is just distributing this outside of Japan/dubbing it it.
>>
>>85540367
Disney was practically sucking his balls to give him another season, and he walks away. Do you know how many creators putting in even more effort never get that kind of chance? Do you know how many great series get arbitrarily canned before their time? The fact that he did have the chance to take it one more season, but didn't, is a spit in the face to everyone who didn't make it as far and would've made the most of that kind of opportunity.

I understand WHY he walked away though, and the excuse that he didn't want to drag out the series longer than it needed to is a flimsy half-truth. The series was getting steadily shakier the longer it went, bigger cracks started appearing on the facade. Worse and worse problems with characterization and story, to the point where you can feel how rushed it was at the end. He was racing against the clock to wrap it up as soon as possible and leave as solid a legacy as he could, because he knew if he tried to continue for a third full season, the well of competence would dry completely.

People can laud his decision to "know when to walk away", but to me it's just proof he couldn't hack it.
>>
>>85541605
I have, on many occasions.

You can't refute a meme it just continues.
>>
>>85539736
hopefully a movie is a short enough format that Alex can actually finish writing it instead of walking away half way through again
>>
>>85541707
>Disney was practically sucking his balls to give him another season

source
>>
>>85540090
As someone who doesn't follow creator drama, why is Hirsch so hated.
>>
Who creates a cartoon and only wants 2 seasons?

Please give examples.
>>
>>85541796
Whiteknight faggots.

Alex broke up with Manzi who used to post in /gfg/, now they've hated him ever since.
>>
>>85542183
I understand literally none of this.
>>
>>85542183
>Alex broke up with Manzi who used to post in /gfg/, now they've hated him ever since.
Who the fuck is Manzi?
>>
>>85541796
it's just /gfg/ shitposting that people started taking seriously
>>
>>85541796
He literally did nothing wrong. Just assblasted fans that wanted a 3rd season
>>
Has this detective pikachu game even been released in NA? Why are they already making a movie about it?
>>
>>85541733
i've never seen refutes ever
>>
File: 1469657284404.jpg (34KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1469657284404.jpg
34KB, 500x500px
>>85541796
He bullied muh meme candidate
>>
>>85541796
I saw him at a restaurant once in LA. He was being a major dick to the waitress. I even heard him drop a "do you know who I am?"

Apparently the incident stemmed from the staff being unable to find him a high chair.
>>
BLUNDER

OF

THE

CENTURY

INCOMING
>>
>>85543577
Holy shit, really?
>>
>>85539736
Good,I like Hirch.
>>
>>85543577
Man, people on this site are fucking idiots, they will believe on anything,see this faggot >>85543666
>>
>>85542416
>Why are they already making a movie about it?

i hate /co/.

This is the lazziest retarded board in 4chan. They are testing waters with a smaller movie. Is that simple, if you spend 5 seconds trying to answer yourself you would know.
>>
>>85543666
>unable to find him a high chair
Of course not.
>>
>>85542183
>>85543518
>muh man(let)zi
>muh drumpf!!!

this is how you can spot the newfags. the hirsch ribbing was around long before manzi broke up with him (remember when she "forced him" to go to a gay club with JUSTin?) but it got a lot more authentic, less about laughing with him but rather at him, around season 2b because he legitimately fucked up the show.
>>
>>85543679
Careful with that edge, Reddit.
>>
>>85539736
She looks like a Bargain-Bin Rebecca Sugar.
>>
>>85543690
this. obviously fake. hirsch brings his own high chair, with pokemon patterns on it
>>
>>85540090

Same.

I'm worried he'll continue to have great ideas and then half ass it at the end.

he better not fuck this up but I know he will.
>>
>>85541487
You mean they're not taking a live hamster and shoving live jump leads through it's cheeks?
>>
>>85539736
Neat. Outside of Season 2B, Hirsh has been a generally solid writer, and even some of the episodes he wrote in 2B were pretty good.

With another writer to bounce off, this should turn out at least decent. I wouldn't call Hirsh a hack just yet, not unless he bungles his FOX show and this movie for the same reasons Gravity Falls failed in the last quarter.
>>
>>85544560
>around season 2b because he legitimately fucked up the show.
so are you a butthurt shipper or a lorefag
>>
>>85544979
Not that anon, but Hirsh actually fucked up 2B. There's a lot of shit in Season 2A that would only make sense in the context that there's a Season 3 that was never produced, Mabel's personality chief among them. Obviously not all of it was finished, but it may have been if Disney had forced him into S3.

There were some good parts, but as a whole the ending was paced weirdly, and it felt really incomplete near the end.
>>
>>85540289
Just follow him on twitter and you'll see what that anon means.
>>
>>85545109
>Just follow him on twitter and you'll see what that anon means.

Yup he is a complete and total fucktard
I really need to stop paying attention to the actual creators of stuff I like since they almost always turn out to be people I would punch in the face IRL and then I start hating their creations.
>>
>>85545039
I don't know, people just really exaggerate how much worse the show got. It's gotten a little unreasonable. I think 2B episodes were mostly just weak and then the show mostly picked back up for Weirdmaggedon.
>>
File: 1470803818931.gif (1MB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1470803818931.gif
1MB, 500x500px
>>85539736
>STILL
>NO
>DANNY DEVITO
>>
File: 1471150709072.gif (3MB, 283x233px) Image search: [Google]
1471150709072.gif
3MB, 283x233px
>>85544733
That's great because Rebbecca sugar looks like a bargain bin Rebbecca sugar
>>
>>85544733
social justice celebrate "all humans are unique snowflake" by all looking the same. nothing new.
>>
>>85545847
It's hilarious how they all end up fitting into he same category
>>
>>85544956
Does the new show have a concept yet or is it just in the embryonic stages of development?
>>
>>85541796
He isn't- he's actually beloved everywhere except /co/ where a few ass blasted anons are still making hate memes about him because they can't handle any imperfection in a TV show. It's the natural state of things. /co/ destroys everything we love, while the rest of the world continues to enjoy it
>>
>>85544560
"Ribbing"

There's some pathological anons who seem to get a sexual thrill out of making Hirsch into some villain in their mind. Every time I see a hack meme I picture the anon furiously masturbating while they post.
>>
>>85540090
>it was such a good show
No it wasn't, it rarely exceeded mediocrity.
>>
>>85545039
I've never heard of a creator being this hated just because some episodes weren't great. Keep in mind he was writing 2A and 2B back to back, producing everything at once because that's how TV schedules work. So even if you hate 2B, there never would have been a 2A without it. They are all part of the same creative effort-season 2
>>
>>85545136
Dude I just checked out his Twitter and the CipherHunt is the most amazing thing I've ever seen a creator do for his fans. You guys are just NO FUN ALLOWED incarnate
>>
>>85545253
That's the thing newfags need to understand: we exaggerate everything because we actually LIKE to be mad. It makes us feel important. The truth is Hirsch is fine. We're just battling the inner Hirsches inside ourselves
>>
>>85549954
Give it time and you will want to kick his ass like the rest of his twitter followers
>>
>>85539736
Say what you want about Hirsch, but I don't think the fucking DETECTIVE PIKACHU movie is the best thing to move on to. Just spelling the idea out loud makes me cringe.

(Also, a while ago Alex tweeted something like "if yours truly had to write a film for a beloved videogame, what would you want it to be?". At first I thought he was just attention whoring, but now...)
>>
File: 1470792932199.jpg (474KB, 1619x1725px) Image search: [Google]
1470792932199.jpg
474KB, 1619x1725px
>>85541707
>he couldnt hack it
oh he could HACK it all right!
>>
>>85539736
What the fuck is the Pokemon movie
>>
>>85551790
A live action adaptation of this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KonKZlqznIg
>>
>>85551873
what the fuck
Pikachu's voice is so deep
Thread posts: 72
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.