[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

DC Comics sitcom "Powerless" loses creator/showrunner

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

File: powerless-social-3-8a6cb.jpg (126KB, 900x470px) Image search: [Google]
powerless-social-3-8a6cb.jpg
126KB, 900x470px
>NBC's "Powerless" has just become showrunner-less. Deadline reports that Ben Queen, the show's creator and executive producer, has stepped down. Production on the series has been delayed in the wake of his departure, though it remains on track for its original midseason premiere date.

>According to the report, Queen's exit was spurred by creative differences, though it was also "a mutual decision by the writer-producer, NBC and Powerless producer Warner Bros. TV." Prior to his departure, production was slated to begin in two weeks, though it has since been postponed.

>Set within the DC Universe, the NBC sitcom follows the lives of a group of workers at an insurance company (RetCon Insurance) as they navigate a world populated with the likes of superheroes Crimson Fox and Jack O'Lantern. "Powerless" stars Vanessa Hudgens, Danny Pudi, Alan Tudyk, Ron Funches and Christina Kirk. Michael Patrick Jann will executive produce the series.

>"Powerless" will debut in the back half of the 2016/17 television season on NBC.

Not sure if anyone cares about this show but there you go.
>>
I was looking forward to this as sort of a fun watch. I guess we'll see how it goes. Would be a shame if this killed it.
>>
I have never heard of this. The only upcoming adaptation I knew of was the Titans show.
>>
>>85529553
That was canned ages ago, anon.
>>
File: 14235334546.jpg (111KB, 670x670px) Image search: [Google]
14235334546.jpg
111KB, 670x670px
Oh, Abed's in this!
>>
>>85529309
>NBC
Its dead already...
You wa shock!
>>
>>85529309
This good be fun and all. But comedy sitcoms centered around parodying something is one of the signs of something being in the final throws of media death. Capes probably have 2-3 more years.
>>
>>85529309
It really is a race for this or Damage Control to come out since one will be called a rip off of the other.
>>
It's over.
>>
>>85529309
Holy shit I'd forgotten this was even a thing, wasn't it announced ages ago?
>>
>>85530458
Agents of SHIELD is still successful and 4 seasons strong. Being built out of existing superhero universes isn't a problem-----although admittedly AoS plays itself straight and commits to the idea of existing in the MCU. I've never head of a sitcom/parody working though.

Maybe it will be the Brooklyn 99 of capeshows
>>
>>85530663
No the genre is on its last leg. Genre centered sitcom is the sign of the end of a genre. Current shows will have momentum to keep going some but public interest in the genre wanes loses interest. Capes have reached the tipping point and are on the way out.
>>
>>85530759
Name another example
>>
>>85530759
>No the genre is on its last leg
Seeing as how DC keeps poisoning the fucking well, this nigga might be speakin the god damn truth
Their movies are shite. Arrow is shite. Flash s2 is a letdown.
>>
>>85530759
Perhaps after Infinity War and the Inhumans movie (if it's still made), but not before that.

Civil War and BvS were big hits
>>
>>85530759
>Genre centered sitcom is the sign of the end of a genre
Red Dwarf didn't signal the end of sci-fi films, anon.
>>
>>85531455
Do you just imply that Red Dwarf was a run of the mill standard American show? Cause I will fight you.
>>
>>85529309
Ah, so NBC maintains its reputation for scaring off showrunners...
>>
>>85531576
No, I love the show, but it's a genre centred sitcom.
>>
File: 1346473881149.jpg (72KB, 704x521px) Image search: [Google]
1346473881149.jpg
72KB, 704x521px
>>85530374
>>
>>85531234
>Everything is DC's fault!

MCUcks, everyone
>>
>>85530486
>Damage Control

I believe ABC already dropped that shit
>>
>>85531824
Stay mad bro
>>
>>85530759
>Genre centered sitcom is the sign of the end of a genre.

The Tick live action show came out 14 years ago.
This will effect things about as much.
>>
To be honest, the main and central problem is NBC.

I have no idea how this came to be an NBC show, especially given NBC's recent (and massive!) struggles with comedy *and* with comic shit (later seasons of Heroes; Constantine). I suppose you have to give all networks a chance, and you also have to take the best deal in terms of money....But man, NBC? In the current year? Fuck that.

Being somewhat fair to NBC and WBTV, Ben Queen's previous show was fairly middling and did get cancelled early on (which, also admittedly, was NBC's fault with marketing). The pilot -- or the bits and pieces we can see from the trailer -- doesn't look that impressive, either.

I don't know. This move doesn't really fill me with confidence...and yet, it might be understandable? I hope to hell that they're reshooting the pilot and giving it better timing. I hope that they're able to attract some old, solid talent to work on the show (because hey, getting a veteran writer like Justin Spitzer is how NBC got their first semi-successful new comedy in like 5 years with Superstore).

But, knowing NBC, they'll fuck it up. Like they always do.
>>
File: 1462816942283.jpg (8KB, 240x250px) Image search: [Google]
1462816942283.jpg
8KB, 240x250px
>>85530759
>Capes have reached the tipping point and are on the way out.
Y-yeah just like they were going to when GotG was coming out! But then when it was actually Antman!
>>
>>85529616

Thank goodness. I hated that idea.
>>
File: 200_s.gif (46KB, 347x200px) Image search: [Google]
200_s.gif
46KB, 347x200px
>"Powerless" sitcom
>>
>>85529309
Remember when /co/ was tricked into thinking starro was in the trailer.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.