[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When did Adventure Time stop being good? What was the exact point

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 210
Thread images: 26

File: Simon_Petrikov_5.png (199KB, 639x439px) Image search: [Google]
Simon_Petrikov_5.png
199KB, 639x439px
When did Adventure Time stop being good? What was the exact point where it all fell apart?
>>
>>85526154
Fiona and Cake was the exact point where the autism started getting out of control, and the writers began rubbing elbows too closely with fans.
>>
When it became about Finn being depressed over no girlfriend, finally getting one and being happy, and then having the status quo firmly assert itself as never changing when he blew it.
>>
File: image.jpg (112KB, 885x667px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
112KB, 885x667px
>>85526154
>Stop being good
It was never good to begin with.
>>
>>85526154
around the third time we got a simon episode. Series was just getting worse at that point.
>>
Bubbline.
>>
>>85526154
Frost & Fire
>>
>>85526154
Season seven got good again. Season five was a decline and season six was the "bad season" (still a ton of great eps though).

Basically Adventure Time got hijacked by shipping, forced feels, and weak serialized plots until Steven Universe stole that shitty sector of the fanbase away by specializing in those things and then the show got good again by returning to character driven adventure comedy.
>>
Breezy
At that point, I felt the writers just gave up.
>>
>when finn fucked up with flame princess
>when they made princess bubbegum a bitch
>when they made princess bubblegum a thousand years old
>when princess bubblegum x marceline became canon
>>
>>85526154
Sometime in season 5.
>>
File: doyouremember.png (673KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
doyouremember.png
673KB, 1366x768px
Finn's meteor mom. At least SU attempted to set up how Steven was the product of Lesbian Space Rocks. That and the whole implied apocalyptic future that didn't go anywhere.

Finn's dad being a terrible person was actually a highlight for me. That and how he gracefully fucks off the plot once before overstaying his welcome
>>
When they introduced flame princess.
>>
Right after escape from the citadel. Finn lost his arm, found his Dad, "killed" the Lich, and it seemed like we were getting a shit ton of lore.
Then Finn's arm grew back, now Citadel was never mentioned again, and Finn's dad disappeared.
It's like AT only bothers with lore 'sometimes' and that 'sometime' will almost certainly return the show to the status quo.
>>
File: Zfp7Ree.gif (787KB, 500x263px) Image search: [Google]
Zfp7Ree.gif
787KB, 500x263px
Rate each season:
>Season 1
7/10
>Season 2
9/10
>Season 3
9/10
>Season 4
8/10
>Season 5
6/10
>Season 6
4/10
>Season 7
3/10
>>
For me, Sad Face made me give up.
>>
File: 1471311251369.gif (2MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1471311251369.gif
2MB, 640x480px
>>85526154
Season 6 almost killed the show. Season 7 brought it back.
>>
>>85526430
This or Sad Face
>>
>>85526346
agreed
>>
>>85527012
Kinda sucks that the stuff during time gap (Marcy and Simon, the abomination of sentient candy that would eventually produce PB, and generally all of Marciline's adventures over the centuries (like her battling vampires and shit, defending the remnants of humanity over the years) all happened long before Finn was born.

I'd prefer to follow Farm World Finn at this point, at least it didn't seem like that AU was stuck in a status quo.
>>
when it was made for cartoon network. steven universe is going to follow the same fate: CN will slowly crush the creativity out of it because execs want everything to be fucking stupid hanna barbera style episodes where nothing happens.
>>
Personally, never.
If anything, I'd maybe say that what really happened is that it stopped being outright amazing, at most every turn.
>>
File: 1458716192765.jpg (47KB, 621x502px) Image search: [Google]
1458716192765.jpg
47KB, 621x502px
Fire and Ice is when I realized the writers didn't give a fuck
>>
>>85527701
*Frost and Fire

Damn I always get the name of that episode wrong
>>
>>85527644
too late for that, stuff has already happened.
>>
I think it stopped being good towards the end of season 4, so I Remember You is the boundary for me. It's not a bad episode itself but it was the wrong direction for the show to try to take. Marceline and Ice King's characters were immediately ruined -- death-by-sympathy. After that they couldn't be fun because the writers were tiptoeing around them.

The Flame Princess arc was part of it too but that took about a season for that to nuclear. As has been said the decision to kill that relationship rather than work with it was a strong indication of the writers' inability to stick to a story. Plus gratuitous emotional abuse of Finn, which ruined his personality for ever.
>>
>>85526430
That's where I gave up.
>>
>>85529549
*a season to go nuclear
mangled it
>>
>>85529590
anybody who didn't wanna ragequit there must be crazy.
>>
Rebecca
>>
>>85527771
>*Frost & Fire
That ampersand makes all the difference, anon.
>>
>>85526346
100% this

Flame Princess was kinda stupid to begin with but this was completely stupid
>>
>>85526154
Alright hold on. I havnt watched a single AT episode, but after enjoying SU decided it was time to get around to it. Ive never heard it turns to shit though, i figured id have to struggle through the start before the apocalyptic back story started unfolding
>>
>>85529828
>Rebecca
she made a show out of the worst parts of adventure time
>>
>>85526154
Last episode of season 4 and the first two episodes of season 5 are when the show peaked. IT's been getting worse ever since.
>>
>>85526154
Breezy, it will always be breezy. That's the exact moment I stopped following the show.
>>
When they spent like 3 seasons playing around with shipping (including every ridiculous permutation of FinnxPB just to finally definitively prove it could not work) and then never actually concluded it, leaving literally dozens of hanging threads in the form of potential partners who were introduced once and never heard from again.

And then they keep bringing it back every few episodes as one-off flings which always end in failure for no particular reason. The next one they're pretty much going to have to just have him say 'nah sorry SpookySmokeDuchess I can't give you the D because status quo'.
>>
File: laughinggayaliens.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
laughinggayaliens.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
when rebecca went on to make her own show

not kidding
muto also was one of the good things in the show, he's a great idea man, for leadership he's meh
>>
>>85530903
and look how successful it is
wow
>>
>>85530903
What didn't work in AT works in SU
because it actually commits to them.

Did AT ever follow through in a single arc?
>>
>>85526430
This. I somehow tolerated all the bullshit until this fucking crap, it's probably the worst episode of a show I've followed that I've ever seen.
>>
>>85526430
>>85527251
>>85529590
>>85531376
What's so bad about this episode again. I always hear it being flaunted around as the episode AT died
>>
>>85531305
nope and that is exactly what is wrong with it.

everything inevitably returns to status quo of Finn and Jake on an Adventure, and all other elements bend to accommodate that, even in ways that break any possible suspension of disbelief or waste enormous potential (the best example of both being Jakes pups insta-age bullshit).
>>
>>85531481
Even in Stakes nothing really came out of that. Marceline didn't develop and we didn't really learn anything new.
>>
>>85530617
>id have to struggle through the start before the apocalyptic back story started unfolding
hint that's exactly where it goes to shit

the backstory was never meant to be revealed. it's the opposite of SU.
>>
>>85526385
>It was Rebeca Sugar's plan to make Adventure Time great again by creating shitty steven universe and steal it's cancerous fanbase
Based Rebeca
>>
>>85526154
Episode 2
>>
Season 3 is where things started going downhill.

It's just been declining ever since. It should really end along with RS.
>>
>>85530903
She wanted AT to be that show. It was bad because she was fighting the other dudes for control.

Most of the arcs that eventually blew up were her ideas. I think even the "Finn gets a robot arm" bit was from her.
>>
File: 1469306697959.webm (624KB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
1469306697959.webm
624KB, 854x480px
>>85526154
There is never any single moment where a cartoon stops being good. Perhaps to the viewer, there is a moment of realization when it dawns to them that the show isn't what it used to be, but this is a subjective experience. In reality there are long, uneven declines in quality without clear endpoints
>>
>>85526154
The pilot.
>>
>>85531421
>nonsensical plot reasons mandate more shipping bullshit
>finn 'making out' with tons of different princesses
>finn shipped with a fucking bee.
>finn literally loses his virginity to LSP raping him
>finns arm grows back for no particular reason

Finn losing his arm had been the single most foreshadowed thing in the show and the one thing everyone assumed would JUST HAVE TO actually stick, in some form. Instead it's back to Status Quo (plus a tiny invisible spike in his palm and the grass-sword) within a few episodes. And both of those get lost later on as well.
>>
>>85531421
It wusses out on a huge plot point and Finn gets molested but it's still his fault.
>>
>>85531934
oh i got the grass-sword continuity messed up. whatever, the point is, Breezy poofing his arm back was the end of any hope for real continuity in the show.
>>
>>85532028
The sad part is the writers defend the invisible thorn bullshit as real continuity even though it's a bare shadow of what should've happened. They have no clue what it means to stick with something.
>>
>>85526346
This

>>85526430
Final Bullet
>>
>>85526154
It had so much potential, but theyscrewed it up with completely BS episodes which at times, either felt like boring filler episodes or like the artists were just pulling shit out of their asses to compensate for their lack of creativity and good plot development.
>>
>>85532797
B-b-but the show is so deep, what about sad face, and Jake the brick?
>>
>>85532902
>B-b-but the show is so deep
Eh.

>what about sad face, and Jake the brick?
Those weren't necessarily "bad" episodes but because of the nature of the show I didn't mind and found them somewhat enjoyable, the problem was whenever it came to certain key episodes, when shit actually mattered they fucked up.
>>
>>85526154

Around here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJnOftZRCfQ
>>
>>85531757
>I think even the "Finn gets a robot arm" bit was from her.
Giving her too much credit. She did work on the episode where the arm thing was first thought up but was off the show by the time the show really started foreshadowing it and doing the thing where every alternate Finn had a missing/prosthetic arm.
>>
>>85526154
It didn't "fall apart" it just progressively got less consistent with good episodes. A show isn't completely ruined by a series of poor episodes if it can come back to being mediocre or decent. That's not "falling apart". You're exaggerating and over-dramatizing, but you're an OP so I guess that's in your programming.
>>
>>85527104
>7 so low
>worse than fucking 6, are you serious
It's easily on par with season 4, which you're overrating.
>>
File: 1462418811198.png (344KB, 547x877px) Image search: [Google]
1462418811198.png
344KB, 547x877px
>>85526719
>At least SU attempted to set up

Key word, of out of your choosing, is attempted. SU attempts a lot but never really provides a thoroughly detailed explanation, so how the fuck is it any better? lol.
>>
Same time when RS started getting bad, when it became more about lame romance then actual plot progression and/or enjoyable scenarios.
>>
>>85526154
Betty.
>>
Classic AT died right before FP was introduced, but was still pretty consistently good up until pretty much season 5 where the overall quality dropped and we started getting episodes that were shittier than anyone could have ever possibly imagined.

Breezy killed a huge part of the show because it showed that even when the writers would hype shit up and commit crazy changes, like cutting off the protagonists goddamn arm, they could and would just set everything back to normal when they felt like it. Though there were lots of signs of this before, Breezy really was the nail in the coffin just due to the extent of the bullshit they pulled.

Even so, show isn't as bad as people claim and season 7 is downright pretty good. It's just that the earlier seasons were so much better and the show's made fuck up after fuck up that people are rightfully on guard about it.
>>
Frost & fire was when it started
The Orgalorg arc was when it was cemented, the writers/producers/execs are unable or just don't want to commit to anything for more than 3 episodes, every single trace of plot or world-building that the show had was resolved by turning it all back to the beginning and forgotten, after so many seasons I got tired and left
>>
>>85526154
When they started adding "lore" and tried to make sense of it.
>>
>>85534542
What specific plot points does steven universe set up but not go into detail about?
>>
>>85534690
>don't want to commit to anything for more than 3 episodes, every single trace of plot or world-building that the show had was resolved by turning it all back to the beginning and forgotten
Exactly! It just killed the atmosphere imo.
>>
>>85527104
complete agreement
>>
>>85531193
>including every ridiculous permutation of FinnxPB just to finally definitively prove it could not work)
'Till the day I fucking die Though Finnceline is a better combo. Their characters mesh so well, then they made Marceline not hang around him.
>>
>>85534542
In Steven Universe's defence, everything that has been set up doesn't get immediately dropped in favor of a new concept. As poorly explained as some lore concepts are, they are permanent and stack up.
>>
>>85534690
>Orgalorg "arc"
It was two episodes
>>
>>85536183
Top kek! Now that's what I call lazy writing on their part.
>>
>>85536183
Remember, this was during an AT bomb. The arc lasted exactly 24 hours.
>>
The episode where they jammed bringing Betty to Ooo and dealing with all the fallout into an 11 minute episode. So awful.
>>
>>85526154

When they hire a new director or new writer every episode and that guy retcon everybody.
>>
>>85526154
Flame Princess romance bullshit
>>
>>85534397
I still wonder what the plan was at the start. All that just for a new sword? I guess they don't totally understand the concept of foreshadowing.
>>
>>85526154
marceline
You can't ban what you can't see facist janitors
>>
>>85526154
I wish every cartoon was 10 episodes long like over the garden wall so I could be miserable over them ending instead if being miserable over them continuing
>>
>>85537399
I'm pretty sure it started out as just "man wouldn't it be cool if like, every alternate Finn had a funky arm dude?" and then they got the bright idea to make it happen to FinnPrime but they didn't give it anywhere near the attention it deserved.

Now I guess the thorn bullshit will amount to something during the last episode of the show, Yippee for that I guess.
>>
File: 1468093690720.png (228KB, 848x480px) Image search: [Google]
1468093690720.png
228KB, 848x480px
>>85526530
bubblegum and marceline become canon?! POST THE FUCKING EPISODE LINK NOW!
>>
>>85537529
>the thorn bullshit will amount to something during the last episode of the show
We already know what it does, it pops out and kills the bad guy, no matter how powerful.

The only hope for originality here is to not have a big fight at the end of the show.
>>
>>85534542
It sure beats the fuck out of
>Look a meteorite
>Look your long los father
>Ok now say goodbye to your father
>Look princess bubblegum
>Look something happening
>Look the meteorite again and its doing something?
>Never mind it's doing nothing
>Look it's your father again, got any questions? Never mind here he goes again will we be r see him again?
>Look the dog is doing something funny
>Look the crazy old man is doing something embarrassing
>Now it's sad
>Now it's boring let's look at something else
>Hey it's the meteorite
>And your dad
>And a pinguin turned monster last episode
>Never mind the plot solved itself again
How? How is it possible than when they stop focusing on kids to do what they want it becomes even more immature, direction less and add riddled
>>
>>85531864
Subjective opinion based in sophistry.
>>
>>85537645
Didn't pop out during Stakes even though the vampires were "bad." It also didn't fuck up that ancient ice bitch that came outta nowhere either.

Also, speaking of Ice bitch. It seems like they're gonna hype up the princess' hidden powers or something. I wonder how that'll clash with Finn and Jake's hero status.
>>
>>85535832
This is probably the only reason why SU is better than AT, because it didn't drop the important stuff an episode later/
>>
>>85534542
You're kidding yourself, the reason anon said "attempts" isn't to say that SU merely attempts to set things up, but because AT barely fucking does it to an adequate degree to the point where it DOESN'T seem like an attempt has ever been made.
>>
>>85537774
obviously the grass sword is so smart it won't work when it senses the plot doesn't call for it to work
>>
>>85537948
Top kek.
>>
File: FP.gif (809KB, 486x600px) Image search: [Google]
FP.gif
809KB, 486x600px
>>85526346
>Frost and Fire
I actually kind of liked that episode and Finn's bout of depression. It was how they handled the aftermath of Flame Princess's character that I wasn't a huge fan of.

They could have continued to expand on the conflict and/or relationship between Finn and FP, but instead she just ended up getting less and less screen-time after his awkward apology. Felt more like an adherence to the status quo than a progressive development.
>>
I know people hate the idea of FinnxPeebs, but if she stayed 13 would people have hated it?
>>
>>85526154
I Remember You was the episode where everything fell apart for me.
>>
>>85538127
People actually really liked Finn x PB. As more ships were introduced however and the show moved away from it, popularity died down and shipping war bullshit gained traction. If the show went back to smooshing Finn and PB together and gravitated towards romance you can bet your bottom dollar /co/ would be behind it again.
>>
>>85538127
Yes, that would have been a horrible idea for so many reasons. It was pretty cute though.
>>
>>85538041
>instead she just ended up getting less and less screen-time
Yeah that was the point. To get rid of her. I could've accepted Finn and FP breaking up, but it was done in one episode like that because they didn't even want to bother to give them a realistic conflict to break up over. nah it had to be Finn suddenly losing his mind because MEN AMIRITE?
>>
>>85526154
when it was picked up by CN

actually even the original short wasn't that good, especially after it became a meme
>>
>>85538127
loli PB was a boring generic child character, but what if she grew up with Finn in real time? that would've been fine. they could explore the reemergence of all her shady leanings as she once again grew into the gum with the iron fist. by then Finn would be an 18 year old with years of love and affection under his belt. a stronger happier person.

Honestly anything story-related in AT would work if done GRADUALLY. All the potential is wasted because they can't do anything but rush.
>>
>>85538453
My goodness, I'm just imaging all the things that could have been GOAT if done gradually and stuck. If I was Ward I'd be depressed.
>>
File: 1471390317183.png (58KB, 500x428px) Image search: [Google]
1471390317183.png
58KB, 500x428px
>Mfw people still watch this shitheap.
Come on people it's only a matter of time before the first muslim character appears.
>>
>>85538613
holy shit, out of all of the legitimate reasons to shit on the show you're so far up your ass that SJW nonsense is all you can think of. get a grip man.
>>
File: 1463936386838.png (63KB, 252x280px) Image search: [Google]
1463936386838.png
63KB, 252x280px
>>85538613
Sorry for having a different opinion. You're obviously a patrician with great taste in shows.
>>
File: 154855645774845.jpg (80KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
154855645774845.jpg
80KB, 800x450px
>>85538732
World is changing anon. You will have to stop denying at one point.
>>
File: 1459861211432.gif (2MB, 315x500px) Image search: [Google]
1459861211432.gif
2MB, 315x500px
>>85526154
when they tried to do character development, but were too scared to stick with it
>>
>>85530903
And it honestly works when it's meant to only be those parts. Why lore and overarching plot sucked in AT was because it was never meant to have it. So they had to start making shit up as they went along and pretend it was always there.
>>
>>85538760
all the Muslims died 1000 years ago in a nuclear holocaust, the only humans left are blonde haired Aryans.
you're a silly willy.
>>
>>85538792
That's not really true on the first part anon. Anything can have those parts, it's the writing that doesn't make sure it flows well.
>>
>>85538754
Don't be so easily triggered. People don't like it when a show starts forcing ideology.
It's called /co/ so we all have our opinions stop making it personal please.
>>
>>85538792
>So they had to start making shit up as they went along
They could always stop. There's no requirement to keep trying to make up more lore/storylines. I'm not sure why they're so stubborn in doing stuff they clearly cannot do.
>>
>>85538760
>25 years ago
Good animation is on tv and shitty animation online
>Today
Good animation is online and shitty animation in tv
>>
>>85538564
I think Ward said in an interview how he wished his storyboarders would address Finn's fear of the ocean more, since it was supposed to be important. Well it was never addressed and now it's a nonissue.

It's probably Ward's fault for trusting other people to handle his shit.
>>
>>85538613
That literally makes zero sense, you spend way too much time here anon
>>
>>85538930
I guess he still made his money though. Oh well.
>>
File: 185445845.png (1MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
185445845.png
1MB, 1600x900px
>>85538811
Yeah but you never know.
Spiderman turned black too it's just a matter of time Finn finds flame princess's sister that explodes her self in candy kingdom to for her god "Globallahu" as her final words are "globallahu is great" and everybody in the candy kingdom dies.
Actually flame princess already did something like this. Kinda makes me think now.
>>
>>85539035
GG bro, you've set record levels of /pol/tardation.
>>
File: tumblr_mc27z4W8sP1qc0rgzo1_500.png (109KB, 350x667px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mc27z4W8sP1qc0rgzo1_500.png
109KB, 350x667px
Reminder that Finnceline was the best pairing on the show and the creators killed it to shill their boring lesbians.
>>
File: 1964856568.jpg (66KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1964856568.jpg
66KB, 600x450px
>>85539063
>Opinions are litterly Hitler
>>
>>85539172

Does Cartoon Network even have any shows with gay male relationships?

What is it about lesbianism that attracts pseudo-progressives like flies on shit?
>>
>>85539213
ladies are cuter than dudes so lesbos are liked more than gaybos
>>
>>85539213
most television viewers are male and they don't want to see gay males. too much baggage about losing masculinity.

this is why Finn will never be happy. he needs to be a twink.
>>
>>85539237

>ladies are cuter than dudes

if you're a straight guy or gay woman, which i guess most of CN's audience is
>>
>>85539261

That's lame, speaking as a gay guy myself it's pretty unfair that CN will only address one part of the gay community but not the other.

When I saw that tweet from Matt Burnett talking about how wanting male gems was just people wanting some hyper-masculine fantasy, that shit irked me.
>>
>>85539273
Even for straight ladies. Bubbline is by far the most popular ship with straight girls on tumblr, in comparison Marshall Lee X Prince Gumball is nonexistent.
>>
>>85539335
That does kind of suck but SU has kind of made an alien race of lady goddesses and stuff so having full on male versions show up would kind of throw off that aesthetic.

In terms of recent male gays there were those dudes in Clarence (who I think were confirmed as gay?) and the couple in the Loud House.
>>
>>85539352
From what I've seen a lot more of those ladies are gay than what you would expect. They probably really relate to Bubbline and it draws them to the show, that's why so many people only care about the pair, they relate to it and shit.
>>
>>85539352

How the fuck does that work?
>>
>>85539367

I think it's just a result of some of the CN writers being snarky cunts and not knowing when to shut it. Burnett's a perfect example.
>>
>>85539179
But that isn't an opinion, it's idiotic speculation
>>
>>85539335
They don't make gay male pairings on cartoons because of the stark differences in public acceptance compared to lesbians. Even straight people on average, conservatives included are more willing to view or enjoy lesbians than a pair of men.

But personally I'd rather it be written right than forced, which is often what happens with tokenism - forced.
>>
>>85539507

Well then Korra and SU and AT are pretty much just saying this:

>we wanna promote breaking down prejudice of gay relationships but not actually have to go to any effort to do so.

What the fuck.
>>
>>85539572
That's literally half of it. It is much, much easier to make a Lesbian romance than a Gay one. TLH actually has a pair of gay parents and it's written to not be the centerpiece. To be honest I actually enjoy that than every show you watched that includes homosexual inclusion.
>>
>>85539507
Oh that's bullshit and you know it, there are way more male gays in the actual mainstream media. You only think lesbians are comparitively more accepted because you hang around places where lesbians are shown as a way to pander to horny young men.
>>
>>85539572
Basically. They're capitalizing on what's already mostly acceptable. At least SU developed a full mythos to surround its gay-pandering core.
>>
>>85539624
Homosexual, gay romances in cartoons is what we are talking about you dolt.
>>
>>85539648
>>85539624
Even then gay romances are shown at a lesser rate than lesbians. Gay characters on the other hand I can't say, but the actual event of romance between men isn't as common place.
>>
>>85539507

Men like lesbians because it's two girls making out.
Women like lesbians because they see the love as purer without a male.
Both fetishism them, just in different ways.
>>
>>85539624
Aren't gay guys still used for comedy?
>>
>>85539690

>Women like lesbians because they see the love as purer without a male.

You act like the vast majority of women hold the same values as that moron who wrote the Vagina Monologues.
>>
>>85539712
This anon gets it.
>>
>>85526154
when they got rid of Flame Princess in favor of spooky owl dreams that went nowhere.

I found the season premiere with the alternate world Finn to be pretty disappointing, since it just ended with Jake fixing everything with Prismo. The follow-up episodes for these plots were nice, though.
>>
>>85527104
>>Season 1
>8/10
>>Season 2
>9/10
>>Season 3
>8/10
>>Season 4
>7/10
>>Season 5
>6/10
>>Season 6
>4/10
>>Season 7
>7/10

Season 7 was pretty darn good outside of Stakes which was kind of meh.
>>
>>85539686
Gay male characters are easy to insert because there are strong stereotypes about how a gay man acts. He can just walk around bein gay and it's entertaining to your average chucklefuck.

Or his gayness can be a substitute for a personality.
>>
>>85539964

Good to know that lesbians get award winning television shows and gay guys get 30 second cameos on subpar shows.
>>
>>85539964
Of course, I'm not saying gay characters show up at a less rate than lesbian ones. In fact, I'd say gays show up somewhat more than lesbians. But I am talking about the romances and how one is more displayed than the other. This is especially prevalent in cartoons, of which we have almost no instances of gay male romances except for a single reference to a boyfriend with no actual romance, and The Loud House. I can't remember so please do let me know if I did.
>>
File: tumblr_m2ne8ukPH51qhkg3go1_1280.png (144KB, 550x600px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m2ne8ukPH51qhkg3go1_1280.png
144KB, 550x600px
>>85539172
true dat yo
>>
>>85540026
Also as an add on to this guy, gay guys are often used more as the butt of the joke. They are also used as the funny friend or coworker. The Office, The Killing Joke, How to Train your Dragon, Southpark. The list goes on at how ill visuals of male romances actually happen compared to the stereotyping of roles for gay men.
>>
>>85540026
It'll change eventually. I mean shit look at how violently dudes react to SU and Steven being too "gay" for a main character. Lot of insecurity to get rid of.

So, thank SU for trying to tell the little boys it's ok to be sensitive. One day this will bear fruit.
>>
>>85540117

That's not even it, the SU writers seem to try so hard to push this "masculinity is bad!!!" shit and it just comes off as lame and forced.

That episode where he wore a dress and makeup wasn't empowering or a social breakthrough, that shit just made me cringe. Almost like they were portraying Steven as a STEREOTYPE of a gay guy then anything else.

Can't we just have one fucking show where we see what it's like for gay men and their struggles and relationships instead of this stupid "oh well lesbians are hot and cute lets make it about them!!!!" shit? Fuck me.
>>
File: 1452378783547245.jpg (58KB, 780x851px) Image search: [Google]
1452378783547245.jpg
58KB, 780x851px
>>85539476
Ok anon dim with the autism. My opinion is that I fearing that it will get worse over time.
Jump of this train before you are watching adventure time with Ali and Jamal just saying.
>>
>>85540213
I don't think it's saying masculinity is bad? It just goes out of its way to have different types of male characters, to say it's ok to not fit into that narrow box.

>Can't we just have one fucking show where we see what it's like for gay men
5 years maybe
>>
>>85539731

They like to think they do. And most lesbian relationships in things pander to them.
>>
>>85540356

Then that would imply that most women are ball-breaking misandrists, which I don't think is the case at all.
>>
Started declining in S4, then went to shit.
>>
>>85540296
There is nothing SJW-y in Adventure Time other than devaluing Finn in favor of GURL POWER. But I honestly think they do that to flatter girls via the medium of television.
>>
>>85540354

Sorry, got a bit worked up there. Just tired of seeing people who claim to stand for LGBT but will only bother to stand for one letter.

The movie Weekend was amazingly good at portraying a legitimate gay male relationship, not any stupid shit about magic or whatever. It't not for kids, however.
>>
>>85540395

They don't have to be one extreme or another. Most aren't. They usually aren't the extreme that really lives and defends this shit, but they like the concept enough that they like to watch the cartoon girls hold hands.
>>
>>85540507
i've seen quite a bit of tumblr girls flip out over supernatural and adventure time gay pairings lol
>>
>>85540507
>>85540546
Tumblr is a safe haven for people who take things to far; whether ideologies or social sciences. For regular people the spectrum is much different, much more rational in thought.
>>
>>85540588

no i mean the statement that gay shippings dont get any attention is BS
>>
>>85540607
Of course, I agree with you. Was more related to why you see some people who are radical and why some aren't. I'm sure you knew that already though.
>>
>>85540643

for the record, it probably says a lot about your faith in women if you have to dedicate most of your funding and time into "empowering" them

im not saying that women are insecure but if you need a holiday to remind everyone that you're a worthwhile person that probably says a bit about your self-esteem then anything else
>>
>>85540756
Bleh, didn't even know there was a holiday, that's crazy.
>>
>>85526154
When you realize that status quo is never ever going to change, despite how badly the writers want you to believe that things will be different this time.
>>
>>85540772

it's international woman's day lol

i like to call it "please worship me for having ovaries" day
>>
File: Jesse_Moynihan.png (72KB, 151x205px) Image search: [Google]
Jesse_Moynihan.png
72KB, 151x205px
Daily reminder that he is the worst thing that happened to AT.
>>
>>85540815
Someone impersonated him on /co/ and pretended he was posting his last comment when Jesse left Adventure Time. Lots of people were sad but he did do a lot of stupid shit. He also had a hand in some good episodes, but bad resonates more than good.
>>
File: 1452625626427.gif (166KB, 200x294px) Image search: [Google]
1452625626427.gif
166KB, 200x294px
>>85538760
>They just used the crop tool to squish the girls
How fucking lazy can you get
>>
>>85540846
He had a lot of potential but he fucked up with his D E E P E S T L O R E
>>
>>85540426
Yes that's how it starts. You know it's still alright of a show but it seems like it slowly is declining. Look at Regular Show how aweful did that become.
>>
>>85540815
What did he do to the show?
>>
>>85540815
Who the fuck is that.
>>
>>85540815
I liked most of his episodes, but things took a turn for the worse in season six. I think he left on a relatively high note, though.
>>
>>85526154
Adventure Time black dotted eye art can't be sexy.
>>
>>85538283
Why horrible?

>>85538453
>16 yo tsundere Candy Hitler will never happen in your lifetime
>>
File: image.jpg (26KB, 443x332px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26KB, 443x332px
This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions twists all our arms collectively. But, if sweetness can win - and it can - then I'll still be here tomorrow, to high five you, yesterday, my friend. Peace>>85526204
>>
>>85526154
When Finn hit Puberty?
>>
>>85543734
You mean season 1? His voice is cracking within the first few episodes.
>>
>>85526154
S3 finale? There were still a few good episodes now and then, after that. Which is why I was forcing myself to watch it up until the Lich got turned into a baby.
>>
>>85526154
there was a somewhat recent episode where they were banana guards, it was pretty good
totally made watching the average 4-6 seasons worth watchizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
>>
>>85526154
Flame princess. She was fanfic tier when introduced and left permanent scars on the series like finn being an over emotional beta faggot and PB no longer being a love interest (gotta clear her for queer baiting with marceline to keep that fan base appeased amirite.)
>>
>>85543851
wasn't that a guest episode by KC Green? He's doing a comic right now that's pretty great if I do say so.
>>
File: 1357689075965.png (69KB, 390x310px) Image search: [Google]
1357689075965.png
69KB, 390x310px
>>85526154
It's not that it stopped being good, it's that it we caught on to the lul random dialog that stops being funny once you've figured it out. Mix in a few weak episodes here and there and you've realized people held the show on a higher pedestal than it could reach.

I still like the show though. I really enjoy the lore and grass sword shit.
>>
>>85526154
In my opinion, the show stopped being funny and/or engaging from Frost & Fire onwards, at least up until Season 7.

Seasons 5.2 and 6 were a waste of my time.

Fortunately, Steven Universe and Gravity Falls were solid substitutes before the latter ended on it's own terms.
>>
File: image_2.jpg (22KB, 540x217px) Image search: [Google]
image_2.jpg
22KB, 540x217px
>>85527012
Reminder that ReBoot had deepest lore a decade before shit like SU and AT
>>
>>85538760
That's not a muslim
>>
>>85544043
brown skin=muslim because /pol/ is paranoid and retarded.
>>
>>85540949
>it's declining because I say so hurr
>>
>>85540932
What are some examples of his D E E P E S T L O R E
>>85540803
>ignoring the things that do happen
>>
>>85540406
Season 7 is just as good as the other seasons. Why are you going to shit on a show you have STOPPED watching? You might as well have never seen it all.
>>
>>85539844
>earlier seasons rated so high
Take off your nostagia goggles anon, not even we rated that season so high.

>Stakes was meh
Fuck you it was great
>>
>>85539775
>got rid of Flame Princess
You mean how they broke up three years ago? Or her appearances in season 7 not being enough for you. She isn't a main character. Or the literally 3 episodes where the cosmic owl's dream are the basis for the plot?
>>
>>85540815
No, he's cool. S6 was a bit too much with the phylosophical shit but he really delivered with S7. Also I'll never be thankful to him enough for finally making a Huntress Wizard episode (despite not personally liking the romance in it).

It's not even a specific storyboard artist issue, I think. It's more of a head-writing issue.
>>
>>85539172
>ships effect the quality of the show directly
You're the worst type of person.
>>
>>85538930
>never adressed
Adressed plenty. He killed the Fear Feaster and thus his fear of the ocean.
>>
>>85538888
They can do story arcs. What are some examples of arcs that failed?
>>85538792
It's done well so why is it problematic? There wasn't much thought into the series to begin with, who are you to say they can't do what they want with it?
>>
>>85526154
>fell apart.
That's not how the show works. It doesn't just fall apart. There are just periods where episode quality noticeable declines. It is around 5.2 and 6 where it is subpar. Season 7 is easily redeeming. Check the fucking archives we have this thread pretty much every week.
>>
>>85544808
So the three episodes that try to be philosophical but fall flat represent the enitre season 6?
>>
>>85526430
We don't have the same writters throughout the show anon. There is a reason they get replaced.
>>85526530
>shit three years ago is relevant now
>she never was...what?
>she was revealed to age through the means of body mass since season 2. How does this affect the show?
>how does this affect the show?
>>
>>85526236
Something three years ago matters now? Flame Princess is physically unstable. If anything you guys should be assblasted at CB for not following directions so FP could be fixed.
>>
WHEN PREBOOT
H
E
N

P
R
E
B
O
O
T
>>
>>85526204
How so?
>>85545053
Hopefully in September. CN is having a bomb the first week of september, and AT is not taking part in it.
>>
>>85545082
Fionna and Cake were literally created right here on /co/. Natasha Allegri and Pendelton Ward used to hang out on /co/ and Nat drew stuff for us.
>>
>>85545301
Lies. Or post screencaps. They literally are not allowed to take solicit ideas from fans. They could get into legal trouble. That never happened.
>>
>>85545301
http://ask.fm/MrMuto/answers/132427716296
Post proof or you are talking out of your ass
>>
File: download.jpg (5KB, 160x90px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
5KB, 160x90px
when this piece of shit came out
>>
>>85545513
>saving a thumbnail
The only thing objectively bad about that episode is how Finn acts. It can be justified even then because he was scared and Jake was rushing him. How does that episode three years ago have any effect on future episode plots?
>>
>>85526154
After the pilot on Nickelodeon
Thread posts: 210
Thread images: 26

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.