[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did based Cavill reveal that the Superman suit in JL will indeed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 390
Thread images: 50

File: blacksuit.jpg (220KB, 656x1640px) Image search: [Google]
blacksuit.jpg
220KB, 656x1640px
Did based Cavill reveal that the Superman suit in JL will indeed be black as speculated, or is it just a black & white filter?

Reminder that Superman's suit in Zod's 'horror vision' in MoS was also pure black. Pottery.
>>
Who gives a shit the movie is going to suck
>>
>>85505771
kek
>>
>>85505771
anti intellectual please
yes, I am implying that DC films are smart (at least BvS and MoS)
>>
He revealed it. Is he going to have the cape is the real question.
>>
at least they' getting the death and rebirth shit out of the way fast
>>
>>85505771
/thread
>>
File: RExYChH.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
RExYChH.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>85505912
I'm conflicted. He could look very cool with the streamlined black suit, but also the cape used in the films is fucking gorgeous and majestic.

>>85505771
Stick to your cookie-cutter, turn-off-your-brain MCU flicks.
>>
>>85505980
nope
>>
>>85506045
He probably gets all the hoes with that cape
>>
File: 00023m2ts017488_zps69e11e66.jpg (52KB, 1024x580px) Image search: [Google]
00023m2ts017488_zps69e11e66.jpg
52KB, 1024x580px
>>85506223
It's not like he'd need it to get all the hoes.
>>
>>85506293
Why is Zack so based?
>>
>>85505771
This.
>>
File: rvgdpao9k16x.jpg (39KB, 960x530px) Image search: [Google]
rvgdpao9k16x.jpg
39KB, 960x530px
>>85505771
>>85505845
>>85505980
>>85506380
>>
>>85506045
I actually need to turn off my brain to even stomach DC movies. So many things in them just don't make sense and sometimes just straight up contradict each other.
>>
>>85506408
(not true, by the way)
>>
while that is pretty cool, I'm concerned it will be anther Amazing Spider-Man 2 where the costume is the only thing worth seeing the movie for.
>>
>>85506293
What's even going on here?

>>85506345
Silver-tongued Zack Snyder can convince any individual of anything, but unfortunately loses his powers during interviews due to nervousness.
>>
>>85506408
Name one. And not subjectively not make sense as in you cant understand why x character would do x in the confines of your tiny world experiences. But factually.
>>
>>85505879
For some reason, you're not allowed to like the films unless you're a shill.

Seriously, I don't understand what was so bad about it. Most of the most common complaints can be proven false if people would actually watch the film.
>>
>>85505739
Because what the movies needed was a darker Superman.
>>
Just more fuel for critics to shit all over this.

>Of course Snyder would put our hopeful hero in a black suit to brood in - what this universe needed was two murderous Batmen. This movie is literally Hitler and Trump put together.
>>
>>85506463
It's nothing complicated.
Most people are stupid. That's it.

Read absolutely anything on twitter. Everyone is braindead these days.
>>
>>85506449
>Name one.
In Man of Steel Jor-El tells Clark that his powers came from years of absorbing yellow sun radiation filtered through Earth's atmosphere yet somehow Zod and his flunkies are just as strong and capable as Clark moments after being exposed.

Just about ruins the whole movie for me, hence the need to turn off my brain to watch it.
>>
>>85506501
He's not really dark though. He's a man trying to be a hero and do the right thing, but the paranoid and cynical world keeps shitting on him until he starts to believe them. Superman is 100% portrayed as being the good guy in the film, and the audience is expected to sympathize with him.
>>
>>85506557
How were they as capable or strong as him? They showed they couldnt breathe the air initially, they showed they had maybe half of his powers with the giant hops and no eye beams. Zod was barely able to use them at the end but still couldnt control them. What part of

"I was trained to fight, where did you learn to fight? On a farm!?"

Didn't you understand? Clark had no idea what he was doing and they were trained soldiers. Maybe you should turn your brain on and think about things for half a second.
>>
>>85506557
Did you watch the fucking movie?
His powers manifested as he matured.
Zod is already mature.
This is explained in the film.
NEXT!

>>85506576
>talking to meme hustlers
>>
>>85506463
It's either one of the following
>MCU/Marvel fan who believes one company must be better than the other; unable to like both Marvel *AND* DC
>Went in with the mindset that they will hate it and unwilling to change their stance
>Hate everything Zack Snyder creates
>Contrarian
>Just plain dumb

>>85506502
Don't believe everything you hear, son.

>>85506557
Zod was literally born to be a soldier, he's been so his entire life, his body and attitude would be more adaptable. You can tell he's overwhelmed after Clark encounters him in Smallville and disrupts his visor. Later Zod is seen 'meditating' to hone his senses.

>I was bred to be a warrior, Kal! Trained my entire life to master my senses! Where did yo train, on a farm?!

Thanks for confirming that people who don't understand Zack's DCEU films are just dumb.
>>
>>85506629
actually this guy is right

dont listen to my headcanon here
>>85506629
>>
>>85506682 (this post is wrong)
and this guy
>>85506667
is right
>>
>>85506629
bad post

>>85506620
>>85506667
good posts

>>85506557
listen to these two posts
>>
>>85506557
They weren't though. None of them could fly and they were incapacitated by human missiles. When they were exposed to the Sun it overloaded their senses. Zod was the only one who started to adapt.
>>
>>85506838
Zod literally has a segment in the film after his helmet busts where he goes and works on bringing his sense in. We even get exposition from Superman about having to hone his skills on earth.

I don't believe Jor El said that it was yellow sun over time either, just yellow sun.
>>
File: Clockwork.png (1MB, 2673x1750px) Image search: [Google]
Clockwork.png
1MB, 2673x1750px
>>85505739
>there are people still optimistic about the DCEU after three massive misses
>giving a shit that superman has the black suit cause it was in a story that wasn't good to begin with
>anons are actually hyped for this shit despite even this time the actual footage we've seen in horrible from cringy as fuck Flash to omg so badass and mature alcohol chugging Aquaman
I genuinely have no idea why this image isn't constantly popping up
>>
>>85506399
what is this supposed to mean
>>
>>85506972
I don't get why /co/ finds it so hard to accept that people like different things.

MoS is my favourite capefilm ever, BvS ultimate offered something no other cape film has in a long time and SS was dumb fun. I'm a fan of WW, Flash and Aqaman, of course I'm going to look forward to that shit.
>>
>>85505739
Should've made the S white though.
>>
File: Cavill_and_Snyder.jpg (142KB, 1278x850px) Image search: [Google]
Cavill_and_Snyder.jpg
142KB, 1278x850px
>>85507001
based Zack and Henry
>>
>>85507015
You and me both bro. I've been a Superman fan for over twenty years, and I could not be more hyped for his return.
>>
>>85507015
Because these are objectively bad movies and no amount of /tv/ memes about how deep they are will hide the fact that they fail at basic filmmaking.

You only like the movie because you like the comics. You're lying to yourself. The people involved don't give a shit. Why do you?
>>
>>85507015
Stop trying to reason with these people. Thy,ve made up their stupid minds.
>>
>>85507098
>Because these are objectively bad movies
nope
>>
>>85507098
>You only like the movie because you like the comics. You're lying to yourself. The people involved don't give a shit. Why do you?
I only began reading comics 6 months ago. So this isn't true.

>Because these are objectively bad movies
Remember opinions are not objective anon.
>>
>>85507098
Why would I give a fuck about what Michael Shannon thinks and let him hinder my enjoyment of these films and the DCEU? Get the fuck outta here.
>>
>>85507087
I was always keen to get into comics as I am a fan of world building. It was going to be DC, SW or Marvel and in the end TFA scared me away from SW (which was until then my favourite) and Flash TV sent me towards DC.
>>
File: Snyderfag Delusion.png (404KB, 1898x405px) Image search: [Google]
Snyderfag Delusion.png
404KB, 1898x405px
>>85507015
>tfw /co/ had hourly jerk off sessions to BvS before it came out
>tfw the snyderfags were so utterly anal-iated by how bad it was, they've moved on to the tastes are subjective defense
Feels fucking great man. Those hugboxes were the worst.
>>
>>85507194
>tastes are subjective defense
Do you know what objective and subjective actually mean anon?
>>
>>85507194
As a BvS lover, I don't get 1.jpg.
There is NO REASON to do what he did unless he was a false flag
>>
>>85507183
>in the end TFA scared me away from SW
Man, and people say BvS was disappointing. TFA wasn't prequel tier, but it really disappointed me.
>>
File: 1463530228395.png (3MB, 3099x1700px) Image search: [Google]
1463530228395.png
3MB, 3099x1700px
>>85507237
>TFA wasn't prequel tier
reminder
>>
>>85507228
>implying taste is objective
do you?
>>
>>85507237
It was the worst for me, I was at least a teenager for the prequels and so the flashy lights entertained me somewhat. But with TFA, all I wanted was a new SW film, instead we got almost a scene for scene remake of ANH with a mary sue insert. Boner killer.
>>
>>85507291
Quite literally the opposite of what I am saying.
>>
>>>85507228
>>implying taste is objective
>do you?

sick grammar
>>
>>85507291
If you are going off the objective taste invented by ancient society then BvS and MoS are the patrician choices. Caesar would have loved them.
>>
>>85505771
Motherfucking this.

Honestly, you have to wonder, WHO are these people who come out of the woodworks to defend Snyder's movies?
>>
File: bias.png (309KB, 684x989px) Image search: [Google]
bias.png
309KB, 684x989px
>>85507281
>reminder
>>
>>85507407
kek gtfo fuckboy
>>
>>85507281
>Implying the prequels aren't crap
Sand, try spinning, from my point of view etc.

>>85507293
Force Awakens bothers me because besides being a remake, it negates RotJ's happy ending, has bad protagonists, is full of asspulls, has a terrible villain, and uneven pacing.
>>
>>85507407
People with taste.
There is no irony implied in this post at all.
You have good taste if you like the DCEU.
>>
>>85507333
Beelzebub has spoken.
>>
>>85506667
>>85506725
>>85506761
So much samefag. The post you guys were responding to was retarded anyway.

>>85506972
>>giving a shit that superman has the black suit cause it was in a story that wasn't good to begin with
This. It's more "for the fans" bullshit, where they throw in something from the comic books to please the "fans", then miss the point entirely. And then Snyder dickriders will talk about how great it was and say, "SEE! Look, they put in the black suit from the Death and Return of Superman! Don't you get it, Snyder reads comic books and cares about the fans!"
>>
>>85507432
>Sand, try spinning, from my point of view etc.
Absolutely NOTHING bad about any of these.
>>
TFA felt generic.

BvS was actually compelling and had great character development. It's a shame SS wasn't as good as the 2 DCEU films that came before it.
>>
>>giving a shit that superman has the black suit cause it was in a story that wasn't good to begin with
This. It's more "for the fans" bullshit, where they throw in something from the comic books to please the "fans", then miss the point entirely. And then Snyder dickriders will talk about how great it was and say, "SEE! Look, they put in the black suit from the Death and Return of Superman! Don't you get it, Snyder reads comic books and cares about the fans!"
Damn. You are a sad, reductive little man.
>>
>>85507454
>People with taste.
Ha.

....ha ha HA HA HA HA

Oh that's fucking good, m8. If anything, it's the complete and total opposite.
>>
>>85507432
>Force Awakens bothers me because besides being a remake, it negates RotJ's happy ending, has bad protagonists, is full of asspulls, has a terrible villain, and uneven pacing.
I'm going to dump my hate on TFA, you can ignore it if you want. But here we go:

1/X

I feel like Disney was so scared of failing, like the prequels, that they refused to stray too far from the originals and essentially didn't tell us a new story. Rather, I just watched a reskined version of A New Hope with all of the allied characters rolled into one. I entered the theatre looking forward to a new star wars movie, I don't feel I got that. I mean, when planning the final mission, Han literally said something along the lines of "Why don't we just do what we did last time", and they did, and it worked.

Quick plot of a new hope, with differences to Force Awakens:

Galaxy is in civil war, important plans/map for the empire/first order are quickly stashed on a droid which ends up in the hands of the protagonist in a sandy backwater planet. The protagonist initially doesn't want to leave their home planet because of their family, but ends up getting forced into the adventure. They team up with Han and Chewie aboard the Millenium Falcon. They are taken to a dodgy bar to find someone to help with the mission. They witness the death star destroy the rebels home planet/s and the protagonist is captured by the empire/first order. They rescue the captured allies and Obi Wan /Han Solo is killed by the dark force user, the remaining friends escape aboard the Falcon. Allies analyse the death star/planet, find that it has a single weakness in the shields, perform a single bombing run and destroy it completely and totally.
>>
>>85507518
>fucked up my meem arrows
ah well
>>
>>85507536
2/X

This nostalgia plot stifled the progress of the side plot, finding Luke. I don't know why they wanted to find Luke, I don't know who the giant bad guy is on the seat, I don't know what planets got destroyed by the deathstar and I don't know anyone on them. When Luke's saber is discovered and "The Force Awakens" (the title of the film), the explanation for what is going on is "That's a question for another time". I have no idea why anything is happening or why anyone is doing anything.

I hated the Nazi imagery, I just thought it was over the top and not needed.
Harrison Ford may as well have broken the 4th wall, stared down the barrel of the camera and said "We're back".

The power creep in regards to the force was too much, I don't know how the characters can continue to progress without undermining the previous 6 movies. Force and saber use was built up to take time, training, skill and some people would never be able to do it.
Some of the quips and jokes were poorly timed. The whole "do I talk first or you" thing undermined the building up of Kylo-Ren as an intimidating character. It wasn't as bad as Age of Ultron where the protagonist was a giant joke, but it erred to close and undermined the key threats.

Rey is just over the top in what she is able to achieve. I loved in the original that everyone had a role to play, Luke was the up and coming force user and perhaps a touch naive, Han could pilot the Falcon like no other and talk his way out of trouble, Leia a cool head and leader, R2 could open doors and provide access, C3PO could converse with other droids/peoples. They were all a pretty good shot, but couldn't solve problems by themselves, they had to work together to achieve anything.
>>
>>85507513
SS felt like the reshoots really hurt it. It had a very jarring back n forth tone with some inconsistencies.

I think Force Awakens could have been better if Larry Kasdan wrote the script on his own without any input from J.J. The guy wrote Raiders of the Lost Ark and Empire Strikes Back, so it's not like he hasn't done anything good before.
>>
>>85507432
>it negates RotJ's happy ending
It isn't even the fact that it negates it, but that not a single positive outcome of ROTJ lasted. Everything was either destroyed or reset to where it used to be. It didn't just negate a happy ending, it made the ending completely meaningless. We're right back to having a Republic that was destroyed, with a totalitarian Empire now taking control and only a scrappy group of rebels can take them on, and the Jedi are right back down to one. They went out of their way to have Luke train more Jedi only to have the Jedi wiped out yet again. For fuck's sake.
>>
>>85507563
3/3

In the force awakens, Rey could fight with a staff, gun (no experience) or saber (no experience), she could fly better than trained pilots (no experience), not just out fly, but she flies literal loops around them and knew her way around the Falcon better than Han. She could resist the force and turn it on others (no experience), force compel (no experience) better than Obi Wan and out force pull Kylo-Ren when after the saber (no experience). She was also the top engineer, could talk to the droid/wookie, hack/crack open doors when infiltrating the enemy, knew the contents of the map piece and was the coolest head in the crew. She basically played every role that the people of the original trilogy had.

Even when she was locked up behind enemy lines, she escaped by herself by discovering new abilities as she needed them. It got to the point in the movie where whenever she was in the scene it completely lost all tension, she was going to win. Hell, she won the final fight with her eyes closed and would have killed Kylo-Ren if not for the earth splitting and saving him.

She was used everywhere, when arriving back to Leia after Han's death, she consoles Leia even though they had just met and you would think Leia would want to be with someone she knew, or someone they both knew (Chewie). She is the one that goes to see Luke, why oh why would she go and not the leader of the rebels and Luke's sister, Leia.

In the end, I just felt the movie is what would happen if my teen self wrote some new hope fan fiction. Same plot, but now I'm the main character and I fly the falcon, I have Luke's saber and the abilities of everyone.
The movie aside, it seems a lot of people who raise the qualms that I have above are labelled as misogynist. I love the idea of a good female character, I thought Leia's character was a well thought natural evolution from where we saw her last. I would have preferred Rey to have had to rely on her friends for something.
>>
File: 1469822187236.gif (3MB, 853x363px) Image search: [Google]
1469822187236.gif
3MB, 853x363px
>>85507432
>Episode 3
>Crap
>>
>>85507572
to be fair, he's also done a lot of crap. Not to say that most of the problems with TFA aren't because of JJ's fucking mystery box bullshit (everything wrong with Rey, Snoke being a nothing villain, etc.), but Kasdan needed oversight.
>>
>>85507624
this
ROTS is art
>>
>>85506399
christ look at that fucking double chin
>>
>>85507432
>besides being a remake,

Not a remake. God forbid Disney actually remake the OT, there would be a riot even as it made a billions.

>it negates RotJ's happy ending,

Intrinsic to any Episode VII that could ever be written. You're a contrarian.

>has bad protagonists,

Rey, Finn, and Han are fine. Poe is more plot device than character.

>is full of asspulls,

"I'll do a spin, that's a good trick"

>has a terrible villain,

Kylo Ren is more emotionally complex than Vader is in ANH. He's fine. God forbid a villain be different.

>and uneven pacing.

It's fast. It slows down at the cantina scene, then picks back up.
>>
>>85507572
At least a few dumb ideas came from Kasdan. Neither of them is blameless.
>>
>>85507624
>Everyone except Palpatine is a retard
>More cringeworthy dialogue
>Grevious in general
>NOOOOOOOOOOO

It's the least bad of the prequels, but the only real enjoyment I can get from it is watching Palpatine ham it up.
>>
>>85507661
>You're a contrarian.
Stopped reading there. Not even that guy.
>>
>>85507661
>Intrinsic to any Episode VII that could ever be written
see >>85507574
>>
>>85507518
>Damn. You are a sad, reductive little man.
Prove me wrong.

>>85507541
I genuinely thought that was my own post and that I fucked up somehow.
>>
>>85507697
Don't bother. He (she?) has already made up xir mind.
>>
>>85507333
>Caesar would have loved them.

Caesar liked to eat rotten food and let men fuck him.
>>
>>85507652
>hating on Batfleck
>>
>Prove me wrong.
no
you have made up your mind already
you win this internet fight
>>
>>85507563
>This nostalgia plot stifled the progress of the side plot, finding Luke.
Starkiller Base being shoved into the move didn't help either. Everyone's really focused on finding Luke for the first two acts... then the resistance realizes there's a Quintuple Death Star so now everyone focuses their attention on that instead, the Luke plot is completely forgotten until Artoo suddenly wakes up to conveniently and quickly wrap it up.
>>
>>85507780
>I have no real argument
>>
>>85507661
>Rey, Finn, and Han are fine.
Ray is a Mary Sue and why Finn defected is never stated, despite being a Brave New World-esque baby. Han is fine though.

>"I'll do a spin, that's a good trick"
Prequels are shit too.

>Kylo Ren is more emotionally complex than Vader is in ANH. He's fine. God forbid a villain be different.
He lost to a novice. That kind of kills his menace. Imagine if Vader lost to Luke in their first duel.

>It's fast. It slows down at the cantina scene, then picks back up.
Yeah, and we go from Finn leaving, to Rey having the vision, to her getting caught, to the Resistance arriving, to the Resistance base in the span of like ten minutes. That's sloppy.
>>
>>85507432
>try spinning

This literally works like a dream in all the 3D fighter games LucasArts had released until then, because they all gave limited ranges to the missiles after which they explode, so if you spin as soon as you hear the lock-on, the missile - which is typically not following directly behind you when first launched and tracks your player model by an origin point that remains fixed relative to your viewpoint - is forced to spin into a long spiral as it tracks you. If you can outrun its speed and maximum distance, it'll explode harmlessly in your wake as it uses up its lifespan.

tl;dr if you spin in early SW fighter sims the missiles that track you will explode harmlessly after a while because they have weak and literal AI

>>85507574
So it's like ESB then. I guess they really fucked themselves making a sequel to Star Wars at all and no doubt this is why TFA did so badly.
>>
File: Ameriga.jpg (103KB, 640x426px) Image search: [Google]
Ameriga.jpg
103KB, 640x426px
>>85507770
>dat little whore in training
>>
>>85507574
I liked the movie but this is my main issue with it. The soft-reboot aspect of it frustrates me a bit.
>>
>>85507650
>make a cgi picture book
>insert awful acting and direction
>call it a movie
nope.
>>
>>85507697
>see

Cry me a fucking river.

Boo fucking hoo, you're the kind of tool that would have though Empire was a bad film because it negated the happy ending of ANH.

Guess what bro, Episode IX is probably gonna turn out alright for the heroes and they'll get some medals and have happy ending.
>>
>>85507684
Palpatine is literally retarding the people around him with his force powers. They're weak minded, see.

It's like all the clues are there in the dialogue and you're waiting for the special effects to kick in.
>>
>>85507821
>So it's like ESB then
ANH didn't end with everything wrapped up. Did you even watch it?
>>
File: 1461424496458.jpg (56KB, 342x342px) Image search: [Google]
1461424496458.jpg
56KB, 342x342px
>>85507684
>Thinking Obi-Wan is bad
>>
>>85507813
>He lost to a novice. That kind of kills his menace. Imagine if Vader lost to Luke in their first duel.
Let's not forget that when Kylo Ren is introduced Poe just sits there quipping for a bit, undermines the shit out of your villain.

I mean, if people in universe are laughing at his face it's hard to take him seriously. Vader would have choked him out then and there.
>>
>>85507804
What made me fucking furious was Leia embracing Rey after they return from Death Star 3: Back 2 Da Hood. She doesn't even know who she is. She felt Han's death, so why not have Chewbacca grieve his best friend's death with said friend's wife?
>>
>So it's like ESB then
pleaaaaseee lawd jezus dont you be sayin that TFA could even eat the shit of ESB
>>
>>85507661
Not really. Had the Jedi existed again as an Order and the Republic fighting against a new threat that wasn't a rehash of the Empire, it wouldn't have been a ANH remake.
>>
>>85507685
>Stopped reading there. Not even that guy.

lel reddit contrarian I mentioned the forbidden word.

Do you why cunts from /tv/ had to make contrarian a meme buzzword?

Because "contrarian" perfectly defines their bullshit behavior.
>>
>>85507876
Even Abrams couldn't explain that one and had to admit he fucked up.
>>
>>85507876
She then sends Rey to see Luke. Apparently the whole plot of the movie is to find Luke, when the rebels finally do that nobody goes to see him, they send this kid that nobody fucking knows.
>>
>>85507906
>unironically uses "lel reddit"
>accuses others of being from /tv/
You showed your cards too early, you almost had me going
>>
>>85507865
Yeah. They blew up the Death Star, it was heavily implied that Vader was dead and the Empire's only real threat to the Rebellion was destroyed so victory was assured. They had this big medal-giving ceremony. ESB really blindsided me when it was announced, it was a real "where can this cynical cash grab possibly go" moment. Everybody was like "Episode V? Wat".

Here we are.
>>
>>85507906
>lel reddit
Had to stop there.
Go to a shitposting seminar or something.
You can't hope to feed your family with bait like that.
>>
>>85507876
>>85507914

Presumably Leia can sense Rey's the one who must go to Luke, so she'll hang back at base and bang the wookiee instead.
>>
>>85507853
And yet even when the Jedi have the suspicion that Palpatine is a Sith Lord, they decide to have Anakin spy on him despite them being "very dangerous to put together". Not to mention the fact that Anakin just sort of goes along with what Palpatine wants, even after Palps admits he doesn't know how to save Padme.

>>85507869
He literally jumps into a ring of Grevious' army to quip at him. What if Grevious had just commanded all his droids to blast him? I will admit though, that Obi-Wan is the most tolerable prequel character.
>>
>>85507982
>Presumably Leia can sense Rey's the one who must go to Luke
What?
>>
>85507947
>the emperor was stated to control the galaxy in ANH
>threat defeated
Are you retarded?
>>
>>85507914
You know that could've easily been a First Order plot
>defector and scavenger gain Han Solo's trust
>Solo vouches for them with Leia
>scavenger pretends to have been kidnapped, defector urges them to go get her
>it was a trap to lure Han to Kylo and get him killed
>help resistance fight First Order and come out victorious
>"here brave girl we barely met, go find Luke"
>arrives at the British Isles and assassinates Luke
>>
>>85507947
>it was heavily implied that Vader was dead
We literally see him flying away after the Death Star is destroyed. If you're going to do this at least watch the fucking movie.
>>
>>85507947
>it was heavily implied that Vader was dead
He literally regains control of his Tie Fighter and flies off the last time you see him.

Also George did write ANH, ESB ad ROTJ as one story, he just had to end ANH somewhat closed ended because he didn't know if it was going to be successful enough to warrant a sequel.
>>
>>85507983
>to quip at him
>hello there
>quip

Quip implies out of the tone of the scene. Grevious was already shown to be a sniveling coward with a love of lightsabers.
Obi was just fucking with him to get him to play ball.
Also the clones showed up less than a minute later.
>>
>>85508043
>>85508033
I've noticed defenders of TFA have to insert A LOT of head cannon to make things work.
>>
>>85508067
>Also the clones showed up less than a minute later.
Then wouldn't it make more sense to wait for them to show up? This is the same character who tells Anakin:
>"Patience. Use the force. Think."
>>
>>85507813
>Ray is a Mary Sue

She's not. She's not anymore capable than all the bullshit EU characters star wars goons jerk their dicks off too.

>why Finn defected is never stated,

A STORM TROOPER DIES IN HIS ARMS AND LEAVES A BLOODY HANDPRINT SMEARED OVER HIS FACE WHICH GIVES HIM A PANIC ATTACK AND LEADS HIM TO FLEE.

>despite being a Brave New World-esque baby.

If re-conditioning is a thing (as stated onscreen) then conditioning is understand to not be concrete.

>Han is fine though.

>Prequels are shit too.

Agreed.

>He lost to a novice. That kind of kills his menace. Imagine if Vader lost to Luke in their first duel.

Kylo lost IN THE FINALE OF THE FILM. Kylo isn't Vader. Darth Vader gets ejected into outerspace and loses the death star.

>Yeah, and we go from Finn leaving, to Rey having the vision, to her getting caught, to the Resistance arriving, to the Resistance base in the span of like ten minutes. That's sloppy.

You're complaining about what exactly?
>>
>>85508033
>>85508043
This. People even had "Darth Vader is Alive" buttons after the movie came out.
>>
>>85508106
That was episode 2.
Earlier in episode 3 it was Ani telling Obi Wan to have patience.
>I say patience
>R2 will be along in a few moments and he'll release the ray shields.
>>
>>85508144
>She's not anymore capable than all the bullshit EU characters
Whataboutism
>
A STORM TROOPER DIES IN HIS ARMS AND LEAVES A BLOODY HANDPRINT SMEARED OVER HIS FACE WHICH GIVES HIM A PANIC ATTACK AND LEADS HIM TO FLEE.
He then proceeds to slay storm troopers left, right and centre for the rest of the movie.
>>
>>85507935

Showed my cards of what?

>>85507951

If you keep stopping at the start of my sentences, we're not going to be able to have conversation are we.

But you're actually more interested in retaining a vantage point where you don't have to engage with me, because you don't have an argument that would hold up.

You're as transparent as glass.
>>
>>85507833
>implying she'll be able to whore around when literally Batman is her dad
>>
>>85508144
t. JJ Abrams
>>
File: Bat_YOINK.webm (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Bat_YOINK.webm
1MB, 1280x720px
>>85507770
Did this nigga go back in time and kid nap Dakota Fanning?

But seriously He needs to be stopped.
>>
File: 1465656586006.png (22KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1465656586006.png
22KB, 640x480px
>>85508211
>But you're actually more interested in retaining a vantage point where you don't have to engage with me, because you don't have an argument that would hold up.
>You're as transparent as glass.

No, your are just a shitposter.
>>
>>85508090
>I've noticed defenders of TFA have to insert A LOT of head cannon to make things work.

The fuck are you even talking about?
>>
>>85508264
>The fuck are you even talking about?
Oh, it's just I've noticed defenders of TFA have to insert A LOT of head cannon to make things work.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/English_language
>>
>>85508264
He's talking about (You).
>>
>>85507536
Its good that you're able to retell the plot and yet you don't mention the theme of either story

Here's a hint both films have different themes
>>
>>85508183
>Whataboutism

Have you been in a /co/ star wars thread?

Those inbred fucks whine in every thread why they can't get dragon ball z Jedi characters, or a milllion alien waifus, while just being baffled that non-whites exist in star wars.
>>
File: AOTC nightclub.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
AOTC nightclub.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>Attack of The Clones
>not great

How is it possible that Lucas created such a perfect homage to the Cantina scene, and it goes unnoticed, but JJ creates a fucking atrocious Cantina rip-off, and everybody praises it because HOLY FUCK IT'S PRACTICAL?

Lucas's version:
>Makes sense, fluidly fits into the scene, characters have a logical reason to arrive at such a location
>Visually reminiscent of the original scene, but very different
>Atmosphere is completely tense and unlike the original at all
>Blend of old and new, with things like the Podracing broadcasts bringing it to life
>A single pottery moment with Obi-Wan cutting off the hunters hand, a nice payoff for older viewers

JJ's version:
>LOOK, A CANTINA BAND
>LOOK, FINN IS TALKING TO A SMUGGLER AND HIS ALIEN SIDEKICK ABOUT A RIDE OFF THE PLANET
>LOOK, IS DIM, SMALL, AND SMOKEY
>AND YOU DON'T RECOGNIZE ANY OF THE ALIENS, LOOK HOW NEW IT IS!
>(Wh-what do you mean that's just an Ithorian with a mouth?)
>(F-fuck, uhh...)
>LOOK AT THIS QUIRKY, OLD AND WISE ALIEN! DOESN'T IT FEEL LIKE CLASSIC STAR WARS, BUT IT'S COMPLETELY NEW!
>R-RIGHT?
>ONE STEP BACK, TO MOVE FORWARD, RIGHT?
[
>>
>>85508339
But it is the same plot, you don't see an issue with that?
>>
>>85508144
>She's not. She's not anymore capable than all the bullshit EU characters star wars goons jerk their dicks off too.
I have never read any of the EU, so I'll take your word for it.

But comparing her to the likes of Luke? Luke starts out as a whiny asshole who constantly needed help, and was only really good at piloting because he and his friends would fly aroud in their T-16's. If you count how many times he was in mortal peril in ANH alone:
>Saved by Obi-Wan from Tuscan Raiders
>Saved by Obi-Wan from creepy barflies
>Saved from trash compactor by R2 and 3PO
>Saved by Wedge from Tie Fighter
>Saved from Darth Vader by Han

Rey starts out as a competent fighter, pilot, mechanic, blaster shot, and linguist. She knows the Millennium Falcon better than Han, and is able to outforce Kylo Ren with no training. Let's count how many times Rey is shown to be in mortal danger:
>Captured by Kylo Ren
And then she frees herself ten minutes later by mastering a power it took Luke three movies to master before beating Kylo in a lightsaber duel.

A fair point on Finn. I feel like it could have been handled better if he showed some sign of nervousness on the First Order transport, and a trooper encourages him, and the one who does is the one who dies.

Vader was only sent spinning because he was caught off guard by Han. Luke wasn't the one who personally defeated him.

And what I'm saying is that the end of the second act feels very rushed. Almost like it was chopped up in editing. Hell, Maz just totally vanishes from the movie.
>>
>>85508339
do tell, JJ
>>
File: Cant Diss The Chris.webm (257KB, 700x375px) Image search: [Google]
Cant Diss The Chris.webm
257KB, 700x375px
>>85505739
>26 posters
>this circlejerk has spun all DCEU criticisms into a fucking TFA bitchfest
What the fuck happened to /co/?
>>
File: jerkoff.gif (430KB, 500x278px) Image search: [Google]
jerkoff.gif
430KB, 500x278px
>>85508259
>No, you are just a shitposter.

Surprise, surprise, you have to deflect because you've got nothing but bad opinions.
>>
>>85508399
>Maz just totally vanishes from the movie.
She existed to praise Mary Sue and sell toys. In that cantina scene we have Maz say how much she loves Poochie and then Han say how much she loves Poochie.
>>
>>85508392
Its lazy sure I won't argue that ever but the heart of any film is the theme and the themes of the films are what separate TFA and Hope
>>
File: 1451429284938.gif (2MB, 250x149px) Image search: [Google]
1451429284938.gif
2MB, 250x149px
>>85508390
>>Attack of The Clones
>>not great
>>
File: 1448826060567.jpg (24KB, 480x516px) Image search: [Google]
1448826060567.jpg
24KB, 480x516px
>>85508427
ok bud
last (You) you'll get from me
>>
>>85508455
>special effects make a film bad
tell me more
>>
>>85508144
>She's not anymore capable than all the bullshit EU characters star wars goons jerk their dicks off too.
Counterpoint: she's still bullshit enough that the only valid point of comparison is EU material. Even Anakin needed actual training before he could do all the classic Jedi stuff.
>>
File: tumblr_o9lvu1IQM51s6w6foo1_1280.jpg (434KB, 1280x852px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o9lvu1IQM51s6w6foo1_1280.jpg
434KB, 1280x852px
>>85508458

I acknowledge your defeat.

My victory tastes delicious btw
>>
>>85507813
>He lost to a novice.

>kill your father
>get shot in side with blaster that sends storm troopers flying
>Beats the shit out of black dude
>tries to capture force girl, corners here, tells her he needs a teacher.
>she pulls bullshti force move and pushes you back

Yea he sure lost. Totally a noob there.
>>
>>85508438
>and then Han say how much she loves Poochie.
Yeah, that bothered me. Han is not a guy who immediately likes people. He was annoyed by Luke, Obi-Wan, 3PO, and Leia when he first met them. And Finn in FA.
>>
>>85508442
>Its lazy sure I won't argue that ever
For me, there is no way to sweep this under the rug. It's a blow by blow rehash of the old movie and worse in comparison at that.

I was disconnected from the movie very early on, what theme did this have and why did it make a reskin okay?
>>
File: luke skywalker salute.gif (842KB, 500x279px) Image search: [Google]
luke skywalker salute.gif
842KB, 500x279px
>>85508481
>>special effects make a film bad
>tell me more

Badly utilized special effects at the expense of dialog, writing, plotting, and characterization? You bet that makes a bad film.
>>
>>85508422
>26 posters
HOLY FUCKING SHIT

YOU'RE FUCKING RIGHT

I didn't even fucking shit, jesus christ. It's the SAME goddamn people every fucking time.
>>
>>85508525
>she pulls bullshti force move and pushes you back
I believe the words you are looking for is "Deus Ex Machina"
>>
>>85508550
>at the expense of dialog, writing, plotting, and characterization?
(not true, by the way)
>>
>>85508538
You do know that Rey is going to be the villan right? Crazy force power, first used to mind control someone. She was the one using the rage in the fight with Ren too.

>>85508570
>Star wars protag used the force to win a fight
>deus ex machina
...?
>>
>>85508502
>Counterpoint: she's still bullshit enough that the only valid point of comparison is EU material. Even Anakin needed actual training before he could do all the classic Jedi stuff.

And Rey is "awakening" as the first Jedi in a long time. She gets to be a little bit messianic.

Her arc is almost certainly gonna involve her getting taken down a peg in VIII and maturing by IX.

Luke was a farmboy and savant pilot. Rey is a scavenger is super jedi. Not equal, but this is also Star Wars and not everything has to be.
>>
>>85508616
>Her arc is almost certainly gonna involve her getting taken down a peg in VIII and maturing by IX.

>implying she isn't going to just gain in power before being stopped in IX.
>implying Ren isn't going to abandon the dark side.
>>
>>85508604
>>Star wars protag used the force to win a fight
>>deus ex machina
It forgot the important step where star wars protag was trained to use the force.

We had 6 (six) films describing in universe what steps were required to develop force use. Closing your eyes and bullshitting your way out of a conflict with a trained force user goes against these in universe rules.

Remember the kids training with sabers toned down? Remember Anakin, the chosen one, almost being rejected because he was too old to use the force? Remember the force training scenes for Luke where he was shown to be bringing up his skills (he spent a whole damn movie in a swamp).

This movie exists in the star wars universe, but Mary Sue broke the rules of the star wars universe.
>>
>>85508565
These threads tend to devolve into /tv/ even quicker than I thought.
>>
>>85508616
>And Rey is "awakening" as the first Jedi in a long time. She gets to be a little bit messianic.
Anakin was the messianic figure. We had 6 damn movies about it and clearly know what he was capable and not capable of.

>Her arc is almost certainly gonna involve her getting taken down a peg in VIII and maturing by IX.
Speculating what might happen in future movies doesn't fix this one.
>Luke was a farmboy and savant pilot. Rey is a scavenger is super jedi. Not equal, but this is also Star Wars and not everything has to be.
Rey can:

fight with a staff, gun (no experience) or saber (no experience), she could fly better than trained pilots (no experience), not just out fly, but she flies literal loops around them and knew her way around the Falcon better than Han. She could resist the force and turn it on others (no experience), force compel (no experience) better than Obi Wan and out force pull Kylo-Ren when after the saber (no experience). She was also the top engineer, could talk to the droid/wookie, hack/crack open doors when infiltrating the enemy, knew the contents of the map piece and was the coolest head in the crew. She basically played every role that the people of the original trilogy had.
>>
>>85508593
>not true, by the way

The phantom menace is a bizarre, bad movie that is only notable for its connection as a star wars film.

There's fucking fan films better than it. Clones is a little better, but has a split narrative between a mystery and a romance, which bifurcates the movie until it become a solid war film.

ROTS is the closest to being a proper film but has to hit checkmarks for a huge amount of events that would have been better distributed in other films or material.
>>
File: chinese mickey mouse.jpg (104KB, 613x533px) Image search: [Google]
chinese mickey mouse.jpg
104KB, 613x533px
>OP about Superman
>thread is about Star Wars
>>
>>85508729
STOP TALKING ABOUT STAR WARS YOU FUCKS
>>
>>85508662
>>implying she isn't going to just gain in power before being stopped in IX.
>>implying Ren isn't going to abandon the dark side.

Hypotheticals are mostly worthless when it comes to meaningful debate.
>>
File: 1453681312247.png (7KB, 679x427px) Image search: [Google]
1453681312247.png
7KB, 679x427px
>>85508729
>dat filename
>>
>>85508669
>It forgot the important step where star wars protag was trained to use the force.
>star wars: the force awakens
>nope force users can't be getting more powerful we need 1.5 movies of them learning to not suck again.
I'm glad they fixed this part. Maybe that we have non-shit CGI now we can see some force users doing cool things again.
>>
>>85507572
The reshoots were literally just to reshoot the ending battle(s) and you can kinda tell. The problem the movie had was that WB saw the reaction to the trailers and panicked because they knew the movie wasn't like that and didn't want people getting mad at them again for misleading trailers. They hired the trailer company to re-edit the movie to be more like them and it's super obvious. People who saw early cuts of the movie said it's almost an entirely different film.
>>
File: han triggered.png (627KB, 689x588px) Image search: [Google]
han triggered.png
627KB, 689x588px
>>85508792
Gonna be hard to have people forgive Kylo when he killed such a fan favorite.
>>
>>85507518
Go look on Reddit, they love this crap. Return/Reign of the Superman were fucking garbage, why would anyone be excited for this?
>>
>>85508823
>nope force users can't be getting more powerful we need 1.5 movies of them learning to not suck again.
If you want your movie to exist in the star wars universe you need to play by the established rules or have power creep destroy that which came before it.

>now we can see some force users doing cool things again.
Let's be clear, this "show me flashy shit, it doesn't need to make sense" audience is what they were appealing to.
>>
>>85508539
I don't think it's any worse, because the themes are different we see how the characters work in different ways to what is basically the same problem.

Luke's primary theme was his desires against his responsibilities, he wanted to leave home and have grand space adventures fighting, but he had to stay home and help his uncle. He decided himself that responsibility was more important, only chasing his desires when his aunt and uncle were dead.
Meanwhile Han's theme was putting the well being of others over his own. Everything he did was for himself, he would shuttle Luke and Ben because they'd pay him, and he agreed to help rescue Leia because she was a princess and had money. He realized later that his friend's lives were more important and came back to help Luke, rather than go to Jabba and clear his debt.

Fin's theme was that he couldn't run from his problems, He was a fucking coward, wanting to run from evil empire 2 electric boogaloo at every turn, until Ray was captured, he then had to run to the problem in order to conquer it.
Ray's theme was that she wasn't willing to go out the world, she was content to sit on that sandy rock and let life go on without her, constantly wanting to go back and ignore the problems around her, and only awakened the force when she was willing to stop trying to run back to that place and go out into the world for herself.

Because the characters are different, and the things they need to learn in order to grow as people are different, the film has merit on its own and can and should be looked at as something...maybe not as good as New Hope, but is able to stand on its own two legs.
>>
>>85508714
>Anakin was the messianic figure. We had 6 damn movies about it and clearly know what he was capable and not capable of.

Horse shit.

In the OT he's a wheezing aged cyborg.

In TPM Anakin is a 9 year old boy who is a total savant, achieving a devastating military victory by accident, building C3PO, and having a divine birth.

Anakin in TPM is a worse character than Rey in TFA by far.

In AotC he makes leaps through windows and through air traffic without consequence. Also he feeds Padme a pear and it's really fucking badly animated.
>>
>>85508825
>The reshoots were literally just to reshoot the ending battle(s) and you can kinda tell.

They changed linear scenes into flashbacks.

The beginning of the movie is all choppy and redundant because of that.
>>
>>85508792
There is no meaningful debate to be had here. I agree.

>>85508889
Oh ok. So you are just nostalgic for the old movies and are upset that the new one isn't the exact same thing.

Also you need to look down on someone so might as well be people who like movies that look good.
>>
>>85508918
>how the characters work in different ways to what is basically the same problem.
Han literally says "Let's just do what we did last time". They didn't do something different at all, they did the EXACT same thing as the prior movie.

Finn murders a bunch of storm troopers before Rey is even captured.
>>
>>85508390
So right. I hated that JJ used almost no aliens from either trilogy.
>>
>>85509037
>pointless nitpicking because I just don't like it and need a reason.
>>
>>85508972
>Horse shit.
>having a divine birth.
You are half way to seeing it yourself. He fits the bullshit prophecy about balancing the force and what not. He is literally force jesus, he should be the roof of what force users are capable of. Rey blows him out of the water in 10 minutes.
>>
>>85508390
>How is it possible that Lucas created such a perfect homage to the Cantina scene, and it goes unnoticed, but JJ creates a fucking atrocious Cantina rip-off, and everybody praises it because HOLY FUCK IT'S PRACTICAL?
Because the movie that lucas created was a steaming pile of shit?
>>
>>85509067
kill yourself
>>
>>85509016
>Oh ok. So you are just nostalgic for the old movies and are upset that the new one isn't the exact same thing.
No, I'm not nostalgic at all. If you are setting a movie in an established universe you need to follow the rules of the established universe.
>>
>>85509016
>are upset that the new one isn't the exact same thing.
you are a fucking comedian
>>
>>85509067
>pointless nitpicking because I just don't like it and need a reason
Pointless nitpicking? I gave a direct film quote which showed they didn't take new paths to solve old problems and I also provided a counter point to your claim that Rey's capture changed Finns character. He was murdering and using a saber before she was captured.
>>
>>85509014
Those weren't reshoots though, there were always flashbacks. They just rearranged/reedited/removed them after the trailer popularity and wanted the movie to be more like the marketing. That's why instead of getting full Joker scenes like in Arkham, you get chopped up weirdly edited shit with After Effects filters over them.
>>
>>85509037
>Han literally says "Let's just do what we did last time
That's the writers admitting they are copying the plot, which I have agreed is lazy. Though if it were the same, it would have been Fin to blow up the station, but he wasn't because he had his own shit to do (rescuing Ray).

Also Fin killed those troopers trying to find Ray, which is within his character as he is running into harms way for her sake.
>>
>>85509076
>Rey blows him out of the water in 10 minutes.
what? Huh? She can mind-control a storm trooper and beat a wounded novice sith? Truly the most powerful jedi.

>>85509099
>>85509125
>I have nothing to say but I must post

>>85509111
>if you are making a new movie you need to follow the rules that I think are there
If you think that "the protag has to suck for 1.5 movies" is some kind of "rule" for star wars then I should just stop talking to you.

>>85509132
>fin kills a trooper while looking for rey
>this means he is just killing troopers and looking for fights.
>>
>>85507661
>Intrinsic to any Episode VII that could ever be written.

They could've just not made a sequel and done something more interesting and original with the franchise. We don't need another trilogy revolving around the Skywalkers.
>>
>>85508852
Reign of the Superman was interesting for a little bit until you released none of them were Kal-El
>>
>>85509137
>Those weren't reshoots though, there were always flashbacks.

Most of the Echantress/Flagg scenes were not intended to be flashbacks.
>>
>>85509210
>>I have nothing to say but I must post
oh the ironing
>>
>>85509171
>That's the writers admitting they are copying the plot, which I have agreed is lazy.
Lazy? It's fucking terrible. They lifted the entire plot. How can you let that pass?
>Though if it were the same, it would have been Fin to blow up the station, but he wasn't because he had his own shit to do (rescuing Ray).
He didn't rescue Rey, remember she invented a power as she required it to escape.
>>85509210
>what? Huh? She can mind-control a storm trooper and beat a wounded novice sith? Truly the most powerful jedi.
And force pull sabers against a trained force user, saber/gun/stick fight, hack/crack doors, fly etc.

>If you think that "the protag has to suck for 1.5 movies" is some kind of "rule" for star wars then I should just stop talking to you.
I think learning to use the force and a saber should take time. Because that is established in universe.
>>
>>85508368
>Those inbred fucks whine in every thread why they can't get dragon ball z Jedi characters, or a milllion alien waifus, while just being baffled that non-whites exist in star wars.
Sounds more like /tv/ threads.

Except the waifus part, that's pretty accurate.
>>
>>85509275
>They could've just not made a sequel

It was always gonna be a fucking sequel. It would be asinine to waste Hamill, Fisher, and Ford while they're still around.

>and done something more interesting and original with the franchise.

You're getting Rogue One this year.

>We don't need another trilogy revolving around the Skywalkers.

You're gonna get one, bitchboy. Buckle up your tonka truck.
>>
>>85509354
>And force pull sabers against a trained force user,
>trained force user
Ren is shit dude. Also an emotional wreck and bleeding from a shot that should have killed him.

She didn't pull it away from him, he failed to pull it entirely.

>saber/gun/stick fight,
Grew up as a scavenger alone. And she is shit at saber fighting.

>hack/crack doors,
The first time she did she let out the monsters. The second time she managed to press the "close door" button with correct timing. Such skill.

>fly etc.
yea this one isn't explained at all. Agreed.
>>
>>85509354
Look man if you want to say a lifted plot will completely make TFA irrelevant than I'm sorry to say that New Hope is irrelevant because it lifted Hidden Fortress's plot.

My point is that the theme and the characters is what makes this film stand apart from the one before it. I've had this conversation with ACTUAL children and they understood my point. If you can't understand that the theme of the film is far more important than the plot then we are done here.
>>
>>85509409
>It would be asinine to waste Hamill, Fisher, and Ford while they're still around.
You mean not cash in on them? They didn't need to use them at all. They could set the movie 500 years in the future with no loss.
>You're getting Rogue One this year.
Obviously I'm not going to see any more SW after the garbage we got.
>>85509432
>Ren is shit dude
Ren has been trained. Ren could force stop blasts and mind rape people. Rey was so overpowered that people are having to shift the powerlevels (so to speak) of everyone else in the entire universe to accommodate.
>And she is shit at saber fighting.
Except when she defeated a trained user, trained by Luke himself.
>>
>>85509409
>It was always gonna be a fucking sequel.

I don't care. It shouldn't have been. They just wanted the easy bucks and acclaim for "fixing" Star Wars after the prequels.

>It would be asinine to waste Hamill, Fisher, and Ford while they're still around.

No it wouldn't. Ford hates Star Wars, he only did it because they finally killed him off. Fisher is off her rocker, looks disgusting and can't act for shit. Hamill is fine I guess, but I really don't care what old man Luke is up to.

>You're getting Rogue One this year.

And it looks infinitely more interesting and enjoyable.

>You're gonna get one, bitchboy. Buckle up your tonka truck.

And it's going to be forgettable trash like everything else Disney has produced in the last 15 years.
>>
>>85509511
>Look man if you want to say a lifted plot will completely make TFA irrelevant than I'm sorry to say that New Hope is irrelevant because it lifted Hidden Fortress's plot.
It's the same movie told in the same universe.

>My point is that the theme and the characters is what makes this film stand apart from the one before it
The core character is perhaps the worst Mary Sue insert in the last decade. If the quality of the film hinges on that it's a massive failure.

>If you can't understand that the theme of the film is far more important than the plot then we are done here.
This is just mental gymnastics to try and damage control. Saying the plot of a movie isn't important? Get the fuck out of here.
>>
>>85509511
>because it lifted Hidden Fortress's plot.
not even close
meme harder
it lifted a few elements
TFA was cut and paste
>>
>>85509563
>The core character is perhaps the worst Mary Sue insert in the last decade. If the quality of the film hinges on that it's a massive failure.
Mary Sue's don't have flaws, Ray does. Good bye.
>>
>>85509587
oooo triggered
now we're getting to the real issue here
you're a woman who is spooked by idpol and needs to defend the film to defend her worldview
>>
>>85509517
>>Ren is shit dude
>Ren could force stop blasts and mind rape people.
Before he killed his dad and was shot in the side.

>Rey was so overpowered that people are having to shift the powerlevels (so to speak) of everyone else in the entire universe to accommodate.
And now you are just making shit up. Seriously.

>>And she is shit at saber fighting.
>Except when she defeated a trained user, trained by Luke himself.
Who was trying to not kill her, who had just stabbed his dad and who was shot in the side.

God dammit you must be dumb.

>>85509563
>The core character is perhaps the worst Mary Sue insert in the last decade.
You can not be serious.
>>
>>85509511
>I'm sorry to say that New Hope is irrelevant because it lifted Hidden Fortress's plot.
You don't know shit. Lucas took inspiration from Hidden Fortress because he's a Kurosawa fan, so he basically made a samurai film in space. He even tried to get Toshiro Mifune to play Obi-Wan. He didn't lift anything. TFA is a straight up re-telling of Star Wars(fuck calling it A New Hope) and forcing in other 'le references' from Empire and Jedi. There's nothing original about it.
>>
>>85509533
>I don't care. It shouldn't have been.

You want some cheese with that whine?

>They just wanted the easy bucks and acclaim for "fixing" Star Wars after the prequels.

And? Did Lucas not want easy money by selling the rights? Was the franchise not in a shitty state after the prequels?

Would Disney making a decent star wars movie at all not result in "acclaim"?

>No it wouldn't. Ford hates Star Wars, he only did it because they finally killed him off. Fisher is off her rocker, looks disgusting and can't act for shit. Hamill is fine I guess, but I really don't care what old man Luke is up to.

Carrie Fisher is 59! You try looking good at that age.

>>You're getting Rogue One this year.
>And it looks infinitely more interesting and enjoyable.

This from the guy who is pissy with Disney for making star wars movies.

>And it's going to be forgettable trash like everything else Disney has produced in the last 15 years.

The MCU and Star Wars are the highest grossing film franchises of all time and is more relevant to millions of people than anything you'll ever do. Fucking Phantom Menace is immortal despite being garbage because it's star wars. It'll outlive your grandchildren.
>>
>>85509587
>Mary Sue's don't have flaws, Ray does. Good bye.
Name them. Keep in mind she can:

- Use sabre (no training)
- Use staff
- Use gun (no training, 100% hit rate)
- Fly ships (above trained users in better craft)
- Talk to droids
- Talk to wookies
- Force pull
- Force compel
- Resist force mind tricks
- Master engineer
- Hack ships that she had never seen before
- Knew the contents of the map shard
- Wookie said how much he loved her when they first met
- Han said how much he loved her when they first met
- Finn falls for her when they first meet
- Leia says how much she likes her when they first meet.
>>
>>85509587
>Ray does.
He flaw is literally that she's too perfect.

>Good bye.
The good ol' Twitter response to a debate.
>>
File: afasfasf.png (70KB, 1063x503px) Image search: [Google]
afasfasf.png
70KB, 1063x503px
>>85509634
I was giving you the benefit of the doubt that you didn't just dislike the movie because the protag was female, but you played your hand when you called her "the worst Mary sue in last decade".
>>
>>85509643
>Before he killed his dad and was shot in the side.
Killing your Dad means what exactly? The shot didn't convince me that he was significantly weakened as he was able to use strong force abilities after that point (remember how he shunted Rey up a tree).
>And now you are just making shit up. Seriously.
Read the thread, keep your eye out for "but Luke, but anakin, but the EU"

>You can not be serious.
See >>85509718
>>
I'm just hoping that he has a beard too.
>>
>>85509714
>Was the franchise not in a shitty state after the prequels?
No, it wasn't.
Regardless of whether you liked the prequels, the clone wars show was LOVED.
You are straight up talking out of your ass.
>>
>>85509634
>now we're getting to the real issue here
>you're a woman who is spooked by idpol and needs to defend the film to defend her worldview

I can comfortably say everyone in this thread is male.

You're crafting a weird feminine boogie man to attack because you can't handle a differing opinion.
>>
>>85509760
I wasn't the guy arguing with you though.
>>
>>85509762
>Killing your Dad means what exactly?
Some people have emotional attachments to their parents and would be emotionally compromised if they killed them.

You might have literal autism if you don't understand this.

>The shot didn't convince me that he was significantly weakened
The same shot that sent storm troopers literally flying though the air earlier? Yea I bet he is fine just walk it off right? They even focused on how he was bleeding into the snow and how he struck his armor where he was hit.

>>85509791
>You're crafting a weird feminine boogie man to attack because you can't handle a differing opinion.
I'm almost certain this is true too.
>>
>>85509862
>Some people have emotional attachments to their parents and would be emotionally compromised if they killed them.
But this wasn't actually shown. The dialogue in fact went in the other way, saying this helps him complete his journey.

>Yea I bet he is fine just walk it off
Because he did walk it off, then trounce Finn, then use force abilities. Are we to believe that the shot had a delayed effect?
>>
>>85505739
It's a shame the DC movies are so bad, Cavill seems like a bro and makes a good Superman, probably even better if he had decent material to work with.
>>
>>85509902
>Cavill seems like a bro and makes a good Superman, probably even better if he had decent material to work with.
The universe is young, DC will get it right eventually.
>>
>>85509891
>But this wasn't actually shown.
Are you sure we watched the same move? he was literally in tears dude.
>The dialogue in fact went in the other way, saying this helps him complete his journey.
Yea the emotionally comprimized guy trying to work himself up enough to kill his father is totally honest.

You might have literal autism dude.

>>Yea I bet he is fine just walk it off
>Because he did walk it off, then trounce Finn, then use force abilities. Are we to believe that the shot had a delayed effect?
They spent significant screen time reminding the audience that he was bleeding fresh blood into the snow and still in pain. They did that for a reason.
>>
File: sdmtgme0y75x.jpg (184KB, 792x1200px) Image search: [Google]
sdmtgme0y75x.jpg
184KB, 792x1200px
>>85509718
>Name them. Keep in mind she can:
>- Use sabre (no training)
>- Use staff

One follows the other. She can swing a staff she can swing a sword. Mind you she killed exactly 0 people.

>- Use gun (no training, 100% hit rate)

She knew how to use a gun beforehand. She did however not know about the safety.

>- Fly ships (above trained users in better craft)

She had been on the Falcon before. She knew what parts the old fat fuckface had installed.

>- Talk to droids
>- Talk to wookies

Luke talks to Jawas and R2D2 without problem.

>- Force pull
>- Force compel
>- Resist force mind tricks

And? She was getting her powers.

>- Master engineer

She worked on old imperial ships her entire life.

>- Hack ships that she had never seen before

They do this in the OT.

>- Knew the contents of the map shard

What? I'm not sure what you mean.

>- Wookie said how much he loved her when they first met
>- Han said how much he loved her when they first met
>- Finn falls for her when they first meet
>- Leia says how much she likes her when they first meet.

Jesus christ did Daisy Ridley not take you to prom?

Finn falls for her because he's like a puppy. Han gets nostalgic for Luke and is clearly projecting some fatherly issues. Leia praises Finn more than he does Rey. Chewie loves everybody except C3PO, and even then would mourn the shiny gold fuck.
>>
>>85505879
Ok, answer this nigger. Explain that whole bullet in the desert thing with Lois and Superman to me, because it was so fucking confusing. How is it "smart"?
>>
>>85509714
>And? Did Lucas not want easy money by selling the rights? Was the franchise not in a shitty state after the prequels?
>Would Disney making a decent star wars movie at all not result in "acclaim"?

Lucas sold it because everyone hated him and never wanted him to touch Star Wars again, so he complied. Star Wars wasn't in a shitty state after the prequels, there were still games that sold incredibly well, they made a spinoff cartoon that people loved, all the Star Wars attractions at Disneyland were still popular, people loved Star Wars regardless.

>Carrie Fisher is 59! You try looking good at that age.

She had a known substance abuse problem and got addicted to plastic surgery. She looks awful for a 59 year old.

>This from the guy who is pissy with Disney for making star wars movies.

I'm not pissy at Disney for making Star Wars movies, I'm pissy that they decided to do absolutely nothing new with the franchise. Rogue One looks interesting because it's at least a diversion from Luke/Leia/Han and focusing on an entirely new set of characters. Vader isn't a main focus.

>The MCU and Star Wars are the highest grossing film franchises of all time

That doesn't make them good. The MCU movies are the most forgettable movies being produced right now. Do you ever hear anyone discussing Thor or even Civil War? They get talked about the first month of release and then never spoken of again. The original trilogy is timeless and crafted some of the greatest films ever made.
>>
>>85509782
>No, it wasn't.
>Regardless of whether you liked the prequels, the clone wars show was LOVED.
>You are straight up talking out of your ass.

Phantom Menace is still a punchline a decade later, bro.
>>
>emperor dies
>vader redeemed
>force in balance
>somehow in 30 years, some manlet using a hologram manages to gather millions of children age 5 years or younger (assuming that the average trooper/FO officer age is 35), brainwash them with the help of imperial remnants, then proceed to to train a group of jedi killers, corrupt Jacen Solo and send them to kill all the new jedi but somehow lose to an old man

It doesn't add up. Even Thawne would have a hard time pulling this shit.
>>
>>85509902
Johns will save it. El Mayimbe is claiming he and Affleck basically rewrote the JL movie.
>>
>>85509956
>Yea the emotionally comprimized guy trying to work himself up enough to kill his father is totally honest.
>You might have literal autism dude.
You are the one head cannoning that what was actually said in the movie was not what was meant.

>They spent significant screen time reminding the audience that he was bleeding fresh blood into the snow and still in pain. They did that for a reason.
Whilst he smoked Finn and used force abilities.

>One follows the other. She can swing a staff she can swing a sword. Mind you she killed exactly 0 people.
No, it does not. Not in the star wars universe. We had full exposition scenes explaining the weight problems with a sabre and why young trainees need to work with it on low settings. Stick use != Sabre use. This is established in universe.

>She knew how to use a gun beforehand. She did however not know about the safety.
100% hit rate?
>She had been on the Falcon before. She knew what parts the old fat fuckface had installed.
Better than Han?
>Luke talks to Jawas and R2D2 without problem.
Wookie? It was also established that the droid was a rarity on Reys planet. When did she learn to talk to one?
>They do this in the OT.
Via R2, that's his characters purpose.
>Finn falls for her because he's like a puppy. Han gets nostalgic for Luke and is clearly projecting some fatherly issues. Leia praises Finn more than he does Rey. Chewie loves everybody except C3PO, and even then would mourn the shiny gold fuck.
This is literally poochie. Chewie also hates Finn.

You failed to present a single flaw. So again, what was a SINGLE flaw.
>>
File: tumblr_o0p856BYwp1qb1u2po1_1280.jpg (210KB, 656x1000px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o0p856BYwp1qb1u2po1_1280.jpg
210KB, 656x1000px
>>85509891
>But this wasn't actually shown.

Kylo has numerous scenes where hes shown to have emotional turmoil and struggle, and has emotional hangups about both Han Solo and the light side of the Force.
>>
>>85510025
By plebs.

>17 years
>a decade
>>
>>85510067
>Kylo has numerous scenes where hes shown to have emotional turmoil and struggle, and has emotional hangups about both Han Solo and the light side of the Force.
Which he resolved by killing his father. How did killing his father make him a worse fighter from then on?
>>
>>85509984
It was a set up. Lex knew Lois was going there to interview the Africa lord, so he sent KGBeast and his crew to put Lois in danger so Superman would show up. They then killed everyone and burned the bodies to make it look like Superman was the cause. Lois found a bullet in her journal, so she decided to look into it because she knew something was up and wants to help clear Superman's name from any wrongdoing. It's not that hard to follow.
>>
>>85509999
>Star Wars wasn't in a shitty state after the prequels, there were still games that sold incredibly well, they made a spinoff cartoon that people loved, all the Star Wars attractions at Disneyland were still popular, people loved Star Wars regardless.

I'm gonna give you a wedgie, dweeb.

And give me your lunch money or else.
>>
>>85510048
>>somehow in 30 years, some manlet using a hologram manages to gather millions of children age 5 years or younger (assuming that the average trooper/FO officer age is 35), brainwash them with the help of imperial remnants, then proceed to to train a group of jedi killers, corrupt Jacen Solo and send them to kill all the new jedi but somehow lose to an old man

So do in 30 years what Hitler did in 10 years before the internet existed?

>>85510060
>100% hit rate?
She missed her first shot, corrected aim, then hit.
>Better than Han?
yes because han had no idea what the fuck had been done to his ship behind the panels.

Dude we need to stop. Your reasons for not liking the movie are shit.

>>85510100
>emotional issues
>murder father
>everything is fine now
How old are you?

>how did killing his father make him a worse fighter
Only someone with autism would ask this question.
>>
>>85510100
>Which he resolved by killing his father.

I don't think you actually think that's true.

>How did killing his father make him a worse fighter from then on?

About 3 seconds afterwards he took a boltcaster to the gut and proceeded to bleed out.
>>
>Super man thread
>ok this might...
>/pol/izen still triggered by a female protag in a star wars movie
Can't you stay in pol? Please?
>>
>>85510157
>Dude we need to stop. Your reasons for not liking the movie are shit.
Please stop dodging. Single flaw please. ONE SINGLE FLAW. Remember how you got angry because I called her a Mary Sue. Name one flaw.

>bu-but you have autism
His character arc was turning to the darkside and away from light. He completed this by killing his father and going full dark, how did this weaken him?
>>
File: 1468361966379.jpg (26KB, 412x412px) Image search: [Google]
1468361966379.jpg
26KB, 412x412px
>>85510190
not what happened
nice false narrative tho
>>
>>85510157

Hitler managed to sway a small portion of Germany to his fanatical cause because he had a point about the Jews controlling the flow of money. That's different than Snoke going "Hey everybody, remember when you were all literal slaves and shot at by Stormtroopers? Wasn't that fun? Let's do it again!"

We're talking lies, slander, manipulation and other shit galactic scale that no one would have the access to due to the funds and tech needed, and all under the nose of a Republic that would have seen this shit easily? There's no way Luke, Leia or even Han wouldn't notice something was awry. Hell, the three of them should have been hunting down Imperial remnants instead of just doing jack shit.
>>
>>85510192
>stayed on desert planet for too long because "they are coming back a know it"
>ran away from saber when she should have accepted her destiny only to go off and get captured, lure han to the planet, and then get han killed
There is two.

>>85510192
>His character arc was turning to the darkside and away from light. He completed this by killing his father and going full dark, how did this weaken him?
Of course. That is the end of his character development.
>>
>>85509984
Lois finds a stray bullet embedded in a book that one of the rebels shot by KGBeast and his me had. Since in the Ultimate Edition, you see the US military instigating an unauthorized drone strike, she thinks that the army is selling weapons to the African rebels while claiming to remain neutral.

She gets the bullet analyzed by Jena Malone's character who reveals that it's made of a metal she's never seen before. When Lois canā€™t think of a reason why someone would craft bullets out of a mystery metal, Jenet suggests it may simply be a test, to see how they function in action against real human bodies. This piques Lois' curiosity, and she goes to investigate.

Lois goes to see the secretary of defense, and eventually finds out the bullets were manufactured by Lexcorp, and were made of a lead based compound, meaning they would melt easily once KGBeast immolated the bodies, so incriminating Superman for their deaths would be easier.
>>
>>85510265
>Of course. That is the end of his character development.
In the film, yes.
>go off and get captured, lure han to the planet, and then get han killed
You don't see that as the most contrived flaw? Her character flaw is that she got captured, then when people came to rescue her, even though she rescued herself, they died?
And her character flaw is that she was waiting for her family?

You believe these are character flaws?
You believe these prevent her from being Mary Sue?
>>
>>85510250
>false narrative
>I'm not from /pol/
I don't believe you.

>>85510258
>hitler only swayed small portion of germany
>hitler had a point about the jews
I expected this.

>That's different than Snoke going "Hey everybody, remember when you were all literal slaves and shot at by Stormtroopers? Wasn't that fun? Let's do it again!"
Except that probably isn't what happened, and you have no idea what happened apart from you headcannon.

>here's no way Luke, Leia or even Han wouldn't notice something was awry.
Two of them are fighting and the other told the universe to fuck off and became a hermit.
>>
>>85510339
I remember when mary sue actually meant something...
>>
>>85510301
She also finds out the bomb in Keefe's new wheelchair was made of the same material, which is what makes her suspect it's Lex.
>>
>>85510370
She has every ability of all core characters in the OT and her only flaw is that someone died in an unrequired rescue mission and that she was waiting for her parents (which she gets over early on). Again:

- Use sabre (no training)
- Use staff
- Use gun (no training, 100% hit rate)
- Fly ships (above trained users in better craft)
- Talk to droids
- Talk to wookies
- Force pull
- Force compel
- Resist force mind tricks
- Master engineer
- Hack ships that she had never seen before
- Knew the contents of the map shard
- Wookie said how much he loved her when they first met
- Han said how much he loved her when they first met
- Finn falls for her when they first meet
- Leia says how much she likes her when they first meet.
>>
>>85509984
>>85510301
>>85510390
>I'll ask a question then answer it myself!
>I'm so clever.
>>
>>85510390
Also finds that Keefe didn't realize he was sitting on a bomb, which leads her to another player.
>>
PURGE PURGE PURGE PURGE
>>
File: 1464574271226.png (29KB, 493x402px) Image search: [Google]
1464574271226.png
29KB, 493x402px
>>85510425
>paranoia
get some air
>>
>>85510425
that wasn't me fucko. i hate bvs and dc shit, i don't defend their crap
>>
>>85510414
We have been though this dude. You refuse to change your mind even when presented with evidence to the contrary. You probablby have literal atuisim too.

>- Use sabre (no training)
So did fin. She was also losing badly and would have died if Kylo wasn't trying to capture her alive.
>- Use staff
Yea. She grew up with that one. Makes sense.
>- Use gun (no training, 100% hit rate)
She missed her first shot you Mongoloid. After fucking with the safety.
>- Fly ships (above trained users in better craft)
Agreed, doesn't make sense.
>- Talk to droids
So did luke
>- Talk to wookies
Eh...so she knows that language too.
>- Force pull
A maybe 5 pound object. Kylo failed to force pull it entirely.
>- Force compel
A storm trooper
>- Resist force mind tricks
Yep. She is strong in the force. Being subjugated to the attempted-mind-rape also taught her how to mind-rape the storm trooper. She didn't do it right the first time ether.
>- Master engineer
Not really. she fixed one thing
>- Hack ships that she had never seen before
Except the fucked it up and opened the wrong doors the first time.
>- Knew the contents of the map shard
Literally what?
>- Wookie said how much he loved her when they first met
He loves everyone
>- Han said how much he loved her when they first met
"old dying man who wants someone to be with Chewie after he dies takes in young women under his wing" Holy shit that would never happen.
>- Finn falls for her when they first meet
He did this for everyone he met
>- Leia says how much she likes her when they first meet.
Leia doesn't hate anyone

Just get over it dude. Its a good movie.
>>
>>85510605
>Its a good movie.
not that guy but you have to have brain damage to think this
>>
>>85505879
Oh my god.
This is why people like Snyder's shitfest movies.
Because of their art school shallow symbolism that doesn't effect the plot or characters. It's just desperate morons trying to convince everyone else that they're clever.
>>
>>85510192
>Name one flaw.

She pulls the wrong fuse and releases the Rathars.

Her emotional breakdown and refusal to accept Luke's lightsaber directly leads to her capture and implicitly to Han's death.
>>
>>85510258
>he had a point about the Jews controlling the flow of money.

The German government imploded the value of their own currency after WW1, no jews needed.

Hitler was a charismatic nationalist who appealed to downtrodden masses.
>>
>>85510685
>Because of their art school shallow symbolism that doesn't effect the plot or characters.
Film is a VISUAL MEDIUM.
Style IS substance.
>>
>>85510605
>So did fin
He was a trained fighter and was so bad with it he threw it away for a gun. Also, having another character be able to use a sabre doesn't mean this character can.
>Gun
So you are saying she isn't profficient with guns? Despite defeating a number of trained individuals with better weapons?
>Driods: So did luke
Doesn't explain why she can
>Eh...so she knows that language too.
yes this is my problem, everything is, eh and she can do that.
>A maybe 5 pound object. Kylo failed to force pull it entirely.
She had no training, why can she force pull something? The fact that an established force user cannot is even worse.
>Force compel A storm trooper
With no training. Who was not looking at her. Obi Wan was far more trained and far worse at it. Why can she do this?
>Yep. She is strong in the force
That's not an excuse. Why is she also so strong in the force?
> Being subjugated to the attempted-mind-rape also taught her how to mind-rape the storm trooper
This isn't how the force has been set up in previous movies. Why can she turn abilities around?
>Not really. she fixed one thing
Han cited how good she was.
>Except the fucked it up and opened the wrong doors the first time.
She closed it, killing the monster, within 30 seconds.
>Knew the contents of the map
The whole find Luke plot line... The droid liked her and showed her the secret map segment.
>Wookie loves everyone
He explicitly shits on Finn in the same scene
>"old dying man who wants someone to be with Chewie after he dies takes in young women under his wing"
He says it's because she is such a good engineer. He had no way of knowing he was dying.

>Just get over it dude. Its a good movie.
I've really only come here with 2 points, that the plot was a complete copy (which you've accepted) and that Rey is a Mary Sue (which you haven't been able to argue against).
>>
>>85506576
>paranoid and cynical world
>not a darker take on the character
Part of Superman is his setting. The setting is darker.
By your logic Nolan's Batman isn't a darker or more realistic take on the character.
>>85506972
>Drunk aquaman
WHY DOESN'T THOR DO THAT
>>
>>85510605
>Agreed, doesn't make sense.

She can fly the fudgecicle, she can fly the much older falcon.
>>
>>85510690
>She pulls the wrong fuse and releases the Rathars.
Then magically engineers the doors to crush the monsters.
>directly leads to her capture and implicitly to Han's death.
An implicit chain reaction is her character flaw? She didn't need to be rescued. Remember when she just thought up jedi mind tricks?
>>
>>85510795
>scooter equals airliner
the fuck is wrong with you
>>
>>85510795
>She can fly the fudgecicle, she can fly the much older falcon.
She literally does a backflip over a trained pilot in a worse ship to line up a ceased gun. The character is bullshit.
>>
>>85510685
The symbolism does affect the plot and characters, you just don't like it because it's religious and doesn't hide it. It's not supposed to be 2deep4u, he's making it fairly obvious, you aren't smart for noticing.
>>
File: Adventures-of-Superman-504-1993.jpg (739KB, 1227x1317px) Image search: [Google]
Adventures-of-Superman-504-1993.jpg
739KB, 1227x1317px
Yes, I would like to buy two tickets to coolsville please.
>>
File: wHV7FKu.png (561KB, 599x599px) Image search: [Google]
wHV7FKu.png
561KB, 599x599px
>>85510752
>Film is a VISUAL MEDIUM.

And Snyder's visual's are murky, dour, and overly posed.

>Style IS substance.

It is not.
>>
>>85507183
Rouge one looks good though.
I haven't seen any other trailers beside the first.
>>85507001
>Henry Cavil fought for Superman to be a different character
He's the hero we need, but we don't deserve him.
>>
>>85510886
>Rouge one looks good though.
I haven't even bothered with a trailer. I'm that disinterested.
>>
>>85510880
>overly posed
>comic book movie
get your shitposting together nigger this isn't amateur hour
>>
>>85510821
>Then magically engineers the doors to crush the monsters.

She pushes a button on a control panel for the doors.

>An implicit chain reaction is her character flaw?

Her meltdown cause a lot of problems that prevents Han and Finn from simply escaping.

She doesn't just immediately seize her destiny. Kylo force-grapples her almost instantly.
>>
>>85510856

Luke hit an exhaust port the size of a whomp rat. His character is bullshit!
>>
>>85510899
People who were excited for TFA are kinda dumb in my opinion. JJ Abrams has never done anything better than mediocre.
But Garth Edwards made Godzilla do all kinds of Godzilla shit. You can tell the extra human scenes are jew-producers. But he's a talented director who will produce a good Star Wars movie.
>>
>>85510865
Superman does not work as a Jesus allegory you drooling moron.
>>
>>85510965
What is Luke's character arc?
You're no helping your nonexistent case here.
>>
>>85510880
BvS was his best looking movie. There was nothing murky or dour about it unless the shot called for it.

>overly posed

It's fucking comic books, I'd like it to feel like it. Snyder might have a different take on these characters, but at least his movies feel like something ripped straight out of a comic book.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZxzsMBIhRY
>>
>>85510993
Source?
>>
>>85510934
>She pushes a button on a control panel for the doors.
She pushes the correct button, on a ship she has never been on, to crush the big evil monsters.

>Her meltdown cause a lot of problems that prevents Han and Finn from simply escaping.
What meltdown?
>She doesn't just immediately seize her destiny
One of the earliest scenes is the bar, where she grabs the sabre and then ditches the idea of going back home. Pretty sure that's act 1, sounds immediate to me.

>>85510965
Literally Lukes entire arc for the movie and the single culminating point. It would be another notch on Rey's belt.

People have to bail him out of trouble throughout that whole movie and it is explained that his big talent is flying. He uses a combination of his flight skills and force use (which Obi Wan was training him in!) to hit the target. Solo was behind him shooting away Vader.

We have scenes with Luke in the flight briefing, geeking out and explaining his knowledge of the ships and also hitting whomp rats. It all builds to his shot.
>>
File: 1469307210367.gif (965KB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
1469307210367.gif
965KB, 500x280px
>>85511016
>>
>>85510993

He's not specifically a Jesus allegory in the movies, he's a deistic figure that is worshipped/hated by many different religions(or lack thereof in Lex's case) in many different ways. Just because there's some Christian imagery doesn't mean they're trying to tell you that he's Jesus. There's imagery/language in the movie from multiple religions/Gods. You've just spent way too much time in shitposting threads where they parrot the same shit over and over.
>>
>>85510996
>What is Luke's character arc?

Wants to be a jedi like his father.
Learns being a jedi exactly like his father would be bad.
Having become a jedi, Luke instead desires the salvation of his father.

But that took three movies.
>>
>>85511176
In the first movie dipshit.
>>
File: wda00247.png (1MB, 1280x536px) Image search: [Google]
wda00247.png
1MB, 1280x536px
>>85511140
>He's not specifically a Jesus allegory in the movies, he's a deistic figure that is worshipped/hated by many different religions(or lack thereof in Lex's case) in many different ways. Just because there's some Christian imagery doesn't mean they're trying to tell you that he's Jesus. There's imagery/language in the movie from multiple religions/Gods. You've just spent way too much time in shitposting threads where they parrot the same shit over and over.

oh wow you're that deluded.

Motherfucker he literally does a jesus pose in MoS.
>>
File: luke uses the force.gif (471KB, 500x214px) Image search: [Google]
luke uses the force.gif
471KB, 500x214px
>>85511215
>In the first movie dipshit.

He wants to be a jedi/hero.

Also to bone Leia, but that's for another time.
>>
>>85511218
reread the post you quoted retard
>>
>>85511218
>Motherfucker he literally does a jesus pose in MoS.
That doesn't make him Jesus. You use imagery to convey meaning. Certain images, at a glance, fill our head with associations. Falling into the sky in cross formation? Sacrifice.

The image you posted, Jesus asking if there was any other way to solve the problem ahead of him? That's showing inner turmoil.
>>
>>85511265
>reread the post you quoted retard

Motherfucker, Superman is repeatedly, directly paralleled to jesus christ.
>>
>>85510996
Luke goes from an inexperienced but cocky farmboy to a hero over the course of several years, lots of training, and with the help of his friends and mentors who rescue him over and over again along the way and keep him on his path.

He consistently got himself in over his head, and nearly got killed, several times across his story and usually multiple times in each movie, but learned from those mistakes as he went.

That's luke's character arc.
>>
File: 1366101760735.jpg (152KB, 464x550px) Image search: [Google]
1366101760735.jpg
152KB, 464x550px
>This thread
>>
>>85511293
>That doesn't make him Jesus.

Yes it does.

>You use imagery to convey meaning. Certain images, at a glance, fill our head with associations. Falling into the sky in cross formation? Sacrifice.

You know who was important and did a cross formation. JESUS.

>The image you posted, Jesus asking if there was any other way to solve the problem ahead of him? That's showing inner turmoil.

NO, it's directly paralleling him to Jesus.
>>
File: It's Over DC Is Finished.png (625KB, 2030x798px) Image search: [Google]
It's Over DC Is Finished.png
625KB, 2030x798px
>>85505739
>almost 300 posts
>only 39 posters
>they're not even talking about JL, but fucking starwars
so this is the sad state of the snyderfags
>>
>>85511215
In the first movie, he was a young man yearning for more in his life than to be another sand sucking moisture farmer, who got his wish in a horrible way, then stepped out in to the larger world only to realize that it is deadly serious. He was brave, but couldn't get by without his more experienced friends.
>>
>>85511215

He doesn't want to live his life as a farmer and wants to join the Rebellion so he can help fight the Empire. He wants to do something with his life. He then finds out that his father was a Jedi and wants to learn the ways of the Force after his only living(that he knows of) family is murdered. Luke's character arc is that he's a naive kid who wants to help in any way that he can, he wants to help bring down the Empire for what they've done to his family. Rey is the opposite, she doesn't want to help anyone unless she's forced to in the situation. She spends the entire movie bitching and moaning and visibly annoyed. Finn has a better character arc than Rey does.
>>
>>85511352
You can have your fingers in your ears if you want. Film makers are going to use imagery to convey meaning even if you are unable (I suspect unwilling) to dissociate direct comparisons.

You know Zod wasn't a Muslim terrorist? Just because of the 9/11 imagery in MoS. That was to hit the american psyche regarding destruction and loss.
>>
>>85511293
Not him, but warner bros literally moved a movie's release date so that their killing of superman and his resurrection would line up with easter weekend.

They aren't even trying to hide the jesus allegory shit.
>>
>>85511368
daily reminder that 1.jpg was a false flag
>>
>>85505879
>DING DING DING DING DING
>MARTHA!
>smart.
>>
File: t3onqxv.jpg (103KB, 998x596px) Image search: [Google]
t3onqxv.jpg
103KB, 998x596px
>>85511140
I feel like you are imagining the deeper layers there.
More importantly- the Christ imagery is the most reinforced and most blatant use of symbolism in the movie.
>>
>>85511406
>movie's release date so that their killing of superman and his resurrection would line up with easter weekend.
>They aren't even trying to hide the jesus allegory shit.
WB won't move a movie for allegorical bullshit. They move it for maximum exposure and less opposition.

WB care about $$, no more, no less.
>>
>>85511352
>i'm retarded
my condolences
>>
>>85506045
>>85505739

Get off Synders nuts, the movie will suck.
Who gives a shit if his suits black, his last suit barley had color to it.
I'm hoping he has more then 12 lines and ya know, acts like Superman.

>Yes I'm a marvelfag
>I've probably also read more DC comics than you
>Nobody is gonna fart in my face and call it febreeze
>>
>>85511352
>Yes it does.
No it doesn't. It's imagery, it's meant to convey something. There's other imagery and dialogue in both movies that is religious but has nothing to do with Jesus, but you just chose to ignore those because the only one's you can spot are the Jesus ones. You're a total moron.
>>
>>85511401
I'm not sure how to make you understand how stupid you sound.
>>
>>85511456
>Yes I'm a marvelfag
Stop trying to incite company wars.
>>
>>85505771
>Who gives a shit

You do, which is why you bothered to post.
>>
>>85511430
these have both been explained in many many threads some of which are probably in the catalog right now

but please keep meme hustling

>>85511456
reminder that Jason bourne has 15 or so lines in a movie about him
Supes had like 43 in a movie co starring Batman
>>
>>85511406
That's not how Hollywood works, pal.
>>
>>85511443
So after consistently pushing him as a messiah like figure in the first movie, and repeatedly playing with the date for the second, in which they kill the messiah figure and then ressurect him days later just like jesus, they just so happened to accidentally release the movie on the weekend in which jesus did the same thing?

The same company that does concept art literally putting him in the positions of Jesus?
>>
>>85511466
>I'm not sure how to make you understand how stupid you sound.
Ironic.
>>
>>85511472
It may not have been a rhetorical question.
>>
>>85511481
>they just so happened to accidentally release the movie on the weekend in which jesus did the same thing?
Because it's a holiday weekend and ripe for film goers.

WB doesn't give a shit about the contents of the movie or lining it up with a christian holiday. They want money.
>>
>>85511480
Yeah, I mean, hollywood never releases movies to line up with dates that are referential to their subject matter, which is why we get christmas movies throughout the year, and independence day came out in february... oh.... wait...
>>
>>85511401
>>85511444
>>85511462

Multiple, obvious parallels to jesus makes superman a jesus metaphor.

He even dies to save mankind. I sweat to god he's gonna rise from the death 3 days later in Justice League and you're all gonna look like idiots.
>>
Like almost no threads here about Marvel movies. It's funny to me. But i guess there aren't any worth talking about. Marvel movies don't really leave any impression on the viewer. They are kinda like Transformers films. Nice to see in the movies with friends once but you don't get the urge to ever watch them again. In fact you forget about them the second you leave the theater.

I think is why Marvel fags are so insecure.
>>
>>85511466
>people you're arguiing with are giving reasoned, logical answers
>your rebuttals: nuh uh. JESUS. You're stupid

10/10 debating skills.
>>
>>85511512
>WB doesn't give a shit about the contents of the movie

Well that explains Zack Snyder.
>>
>>85511540
>I sweat to god he's gonna rise from the death 3 days later in Justice League and you're all gonna look like idiots.
They already showed he was rising days later at the end of bvs with the levitating dirt.
>>
>>85511543
ouch
>inb4 the asshurt
>>
>>85511543
>They are kinda like Transformers films.
Careful anon...
>>
>>85511540
>Multiple, obvious parallels to jesus makes superman a jesus metaphor.
No it doesn't. Just like how he isn't King Arthur and Kryptonians aren't muslim terrorists desptire the shared imagery.

A slew of imagery is used to convery meaning and infuse emotion into a scene. Just because you picked up on some of the christian stuff doesn't make superman Jesus.
>>
>>85511543
>In fact you forget about them the second you leave the theater.

/co/ can cite every plot point of every comic book related movie ever made.
>>
>>85511559
>well that explains Christopher Nolan
you are so god damned stupid holy christ
>>
>>85511543
No one has talked about Civil War since the week it came out. Marvel has over saturated their own product. People will continue to see their movies out of obligation, not interest.
>>
>>85511550
You are talking to multiple people. But more importantly, yeah he's Jesus. In two movies he's given visual parallels to Jesus.
Hey dipshit- how about you point out some of those other religious symbols to us to actually reinforce your argument.
Worthless fucking moron.
>>
>>85511559
>Well that explains Zack Snyder.
Yes it does. As long as they are filling their pockets they do not care.
>>
>>85511581
Not him, but if your choice of imagery for a character is to repeatedly evoke the idea of christ, you are trying to paint the character like christ.

Literally all that does is beg the viewer to make comparisons between superman and jesus.
>>
>>85511550
>10/10 debating skills.

The people you're arguing with are giving you reasonable, logical answers about how Superman is compared to Jesus.

your rebuttals: nuh-uh, not JESUS
>>
>But more importantly, yeah he's Jesus
>In two movies he's given visual parallels to Jesus.
lol idiot
>>
>>85511599
Someone wrote a damn paper on the Le Morte d'Arthur parallels. He even made Lois the lady of the lake in an exceptionally contrived way. Yet you aren't pushing for Superman as King Arthur.
>>
>>85511570
He's not wrong.
The saving grace of the Marvel movies is that the Superheros are played by recognizable actors- thus the main characters are the ones named in the title. Unlike the Transformers movies where the robots are only vehicles for action scenes. tee-hee vehicles
>>
>>85511581
>A slew of imagery is used to convery meaning and infuse emotion into a scene. Just because you picked up on some of the christian stuff doesn't make superman Jesus.

It's almost all christian stuff.

Show me some Zoroastrian symbolism in MoS/BvS

How about Mormons? Any gold plates or weird hats?

Nope, all jesus, all the time.
>>
>>85511478
See anon the difference is i dont care if you think enjoying a shitty dumb movie makes you somehow smarter than everyone else, your false sense of superiority only talks about your insecurity, wich is hilarious.
Personally, i can enjoy the movie for what it is a dumb film made by someone who doesnt understand the characters.
But please, make me laugh, wich thread is explaining Meme Luthor's smart dialogue?
>>
>>85511638
Probably because we've had two movies worth of jesus imagery and it is far more blatant than the arthurian imagery.
>>
>>85511638
Because Batman is King Arthur.
Dumbass.
Superman is Lancelot.
>>
>>85511612
>Not him, but if your choice of imagery for a character is to repeatedly evoke the idea of christ, you are trying to paint the character like christ.
There is just as much imagery for King Arthur. Bruce Wayne's family is even shot in front of a theatre playing the damn movie.

>It's almost all christian stuff.
No, that's just all you got out of it.

>Show me
Le Morte d'Arthur.

Excalibur (1981) is shown on the marquee at the theater ("Coming Wednesday") on the night Batman's parents are killed. Excalibur is an incredibly faithful adaptation of Le Morte d'Arthur.
In the end Batman slams the spear into the ground (stone). He pulls the spear out of the ground before he attacks Superman (sword from stone). After he realizes he's become the bad guy, he abandons the spear the same way Arthur did after he abused its power to defeat Lancelot. Lois is the lady of the lake, tossing the spear into the water and then having to get it back before the final fight. The fight between Batman vs Superman is similar to the fight between Lancelot and Arthur (two good guys fighting against each other due to hubris and passion, eventually reconciling to fight the main bad guy)
Doomsday is Mordred. In the end Superman stabs Doomsday and gets stabbed in return, and Superman impales himself further to stab Doomsday through the back and kill him, same way the fight between Mordred and Arthur goes. Doomsday's unnatural creation also mirrors how Morgana created Mordred to some degree.
There may have been more I missed.

Now fuck off.
>>
>>85511649
I mean the thread might go into a debate on the Transformers films now.
>>
>>85511593
>you are so god damned stupid holy christ

Christopher Nolan had nothing to do with e DCEU aside from being a producer on MoS.

The current crop of people are idiots.
>>
>>85511599
I mean, they even have a fucking scene in the movie where media pundits and political figures discuss Superman's place in the world.

>maybe he's not some Jesus or devil figure, maybe he's just a guy trying to do the right thing

The whole point of the movie is the tear down the notion that Superman is a God/someone to be worshipped. He's just an alien from another planet with some superpowers trying his best to help out. He's not your savior and you shouldn't he treat him like one.
>>
>>85511661
this one
>>85500996

>>85511651
see
>>85511638
>>
>>85511668
>Probably because we've had two movies worth of jesus imagery and it is far more blatant than the arthurian imagery.
No, the average /co/ user is just more aware of jesus than Arthurian imagery.
>>
>>85511668
>blatant

No, it's just more noticeable because you've been exposed to it more throughout your life.
>>
>>85511681
>I mean the thread might go into a debate on the Transformers films now.
Na. I have over 100 (you's) in this thread and I'm about to leave work.
>>
>>85511677
Batman is Ahab.
Dumbass.
Superma is Moby Dick.
>>
>>85511705
There was an entire first movie to set the tone with jesus imagery. That imagery continued through the second film.

You are dense if you can't understand why that's been seen as more prominent than the much more subtle and obscure references in the second film that revolve more around other characters.
>>
>>85511471

>The biggest fucking eye roll you can picture.jpeg

Fine, lets only focus on the existing films in the DCU so far then shall we? Let's skip the part about why they should be benchmarked against other films in the same genre which were better received critically as well as from the audience.

I like Zack for what he can do to bring wonderful visuals to the screen, but he has way to much control over the properties and now he's telling shitty stories and no one is stopping him. In example

"Zack Snyder is not delivering. Is he being punished? Assistants who were doing fantastic work certainly were. People in finance and in marketing and in IT. They had no say in a movie called Batman V Superman only having 8 minutes of Batman fighting Superman in it, that ends because their moms have the same name. Snyder is a producer on every DC movie. He is still directing Justice League. He is being rewarded with more opportunity to get more people laid off. I'm assuming you yourself haven't been financially affected in any real way. You and your studio are the biggest lesson about life one can learn: The top screws up and the bottom suffers. Peter Jackson phones it in and a marketing supervisor has to figure out a plan B for house payments."
>>
>>85511680
>Now fuck off.

King Arthur isn't a religion, dipshit.
>>
>>85511733
>subtle
read this post
>>85511680
>>
>>85511681
I might go make a thread about how Marvel movies are basically disposable entertainment like the Transformers movies.
Wanna shitpost in it?
>>85511695
Your point is undermined by HOW MUCH Jesus allegory there is.
Unless you're saying it's some kind of self parody? Like Snyder's point is that it's inane to treat Superman as a Christ allegory by making him a Christ allegory?
I can almost get behind that notion.
It wouldn't solve the other things wrong with BvSDoJUE
>>
>>85511351
This thread went to shit on the very first reply.

Sometimes I wonder if people enjoy replying to obvious bait or if they're just that retarded.
>>
>>85511733
>There was an entire first movie to set the tone with jesus imagery. That imagery continued through the second film.
You just missed all the other stuff going on and your ignorance of your own lack of knowledge is hilarious.

You are so dumb you don't actually know you are dumb.
>>
>>85511748
Is this bait?
>>
>>85511746
>All your shit
Ignored. Stop doing company wars shit.
>>
>>85511700
>Go into thread
>Literally nobody says anything about Lex's final dialogue
>Bunch of fags trying to make sense of a terrible god awful perfomance
>"muh hatred of godlike figure!"
>Still nothing to do with other versions of the character
Do you fail at life too or just at defending BvS?
>>
>>85511767
>Like Snyder's point is that it's inane to treat Superman as a Christ allegory by making him a Christ allegory?
As someone as deeply religious as Snyder is I wouldn't doubt it. He probably hates that Superman is compared to his God. Snyder isn't the first person to compare Superman to Jesus, it's been going on in comics for decades.
>>
Why are you guys so upset that people noticed the jesus symbolism?

Why does that make you angry? They didn't make the movie.
>>
>>85511810
>didn't read the thread
ok bud
>>
>>85511818
>Why are you guys so upset that people noticed the jesus symbolism?
>Why does that make you angry? They didn't make the movie.
It's just one guy who noticed ONLY Jesus symbolism.
>>
>>85511843
There's clearly several people posting about it in the thread.
>>
File: Cant Tell If Serious.png (255KB, 1836x364px) Image search: [Google]
Cant Tell If Serious.png
255KB, 1836x364px
>>85511419
I seriously doubt it.

This screencap was from december 2015.
>>
>>85511724
Peter Jackson didn't phone in The Hobbit- he got a crunched production timeframe and the producers demanded he squeeze another movie out of it.
Do not blame him for those movies.
But good god do I hate The Hobbit movies.
I'm still pissed about Desolation of Smaug.
Oh god it's all coming back.
I hate his dumb wife for handing Superman to the director of Sucker Punch.
>>
>>85511856
Poster count has risen by 2. So doubt it.
>>
>>85511862
How could it not be? Either way he's an idiot and people are idiots for using ONE (1) person as a talking point against fans of these films.
>>
I'll also just quickly point out before I go the symbolism surrounding Prometheus and Luthor.

He even gives an exposition dump about idolising the guy who took power from the Gods (Kryptonians, Zod) and using it to empower man (create Doomsday with his own hand). He was then punished by the Gods (Kryptonians, Superman, in this case Greek not Jesus).
>>
>>85511910
Just looking at the post times shows me that there's more than one person posting about the jesus imagery.

Again, there's no reason for this to make you guys as upset as it seems to.
>>
>>85511815
>>85511815
>ā€œI love Richard Bach, because I grew up as a Christian Scientist,ā€ Mr. Snyder said. ā€œA lot of beliefs of the metaphysical aspects of that religion, especially for me, as a kid, he illustrated in ā€˜Jonathan Livingston Seagull.ā€™ Christian Science advocates the idea that the physical world is not real, and part of our journey is to transcend that reality through Christ-like living.ā€
I finally understand Zack Snyder.
>>
>>85511831
Enjoy your "smart" movie my friend.
>>
>>85511931
I will. Enjoy being an anti intellectual.
>>
>>85511979
>people who don't take the symbolism in the Superman movie seriously are anti-intellectuals
You should probably kill yourself.
>>
File: distorted.jpg (71KB, 640x780px) Image search: [Google]
distorted.jpg
71KB, 640x780px
>>85512013
no u phamily
>>
File: t3onqxv.jpg (274KB, 998x816px) Image search: [Google]
t3onqxv.jpg
274KB, 998x816px
>>85511815
Thank you for making this post. It actually convinced me to re-watch this with it in mind.
>>
If dc movies are so smart, why are the people who defend them so stupid?
>>
Let's restart the cycle, folks!
>>
>>85512141
good ad hom
>>
DC doesn't deserve you guy's loyalty. They've yet to prove themselves in a post-The Dark Knight Trilogy world.

I'm not hyping their shit up prior to release anymore, not after that garbage Suicide Squad was.
>>
>>85512155
but BvS and MoS are good
>>
>>85512165
Suicide Squad was good though
>>
>>85512185

Okay.
>>
>>85512165
>I'm not hyping their shit up prior to release anymore
But anon, you never did.
>>
>>85505739
Looks like the closeup of a really fancy tire
>>
>>85512155
>>85512185
The cycle is:
>get hyped for new DCEU movie
>most trailers look good
>it comes out
>the movie is good
>you celebrate

So yeah, just restart the cycle.
>>
>>85511748
>King Arthur isn't a religion, dipshit.

American education right there
>>
>>85506449
Why does Superman bother?
>>
>>85515154
for you
>>
File: image.jpg (213KB, 962x768px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
213KB, 962x768px
>>85505739
When will you fags stop being in denial? The DCEU sucks, it fucking sucks, you don't go around saying elektra or the daredevil movie were KINO, besides blade, x men and spiderman almost nobody remembers all the superhero movies that came out in the early 2000s before iron man, and try to deny that nobody will fucking care about this failure of a universe when a better DCEU comes out after they reboot it, you have to be a fucking falseflagger to praise this shit because if you had any respect for the dc universe or basic fiƱmmaking, edition, writing, etc, you would want something better than this dreck, stop memeing.
>>
>>85511401
Maybe a Superman movie isn't the best place to have 9/11 imagery

Maybe if you have no actual commentary on a tragedy making visual associations with it is less intelligent and more crass and manipulative.

Maybe the movie's problems yo far deeper than individual bits of content, and people dislike it because it's too long with lots of pointless and/or redundant scenes and no emotional arc to connect with and a dark tone no one asked for.
>>
>>85511925
Snyder's one of those psychos with no moral compass who's held in check by religion isn't he?
>>
>>85513930
>get hyped for movie
>ignore previous dissapointment
>go posting on internet how it will blow everything out of the water
>movie comes out
It's shit
>"you don't get it it's true cinema"
>director's cut comes out
>"the theatrical cut was really bad but this is the original vision, and is a masterpiece because it's edited properly now, the story is automatically x100 better, as are all the flaws that it surely never had"
>keep praising it despite how terrible it was
>continue the cycle
How does zack's cock taste? Like bloom slow mo and jars of piss i guess
>>
>>85514776
>American education right there

That's just what an arthurian would say.

Go back to Avalon, clothed in your sammite, bitchface.
>>
>>85515475

He also skews libertarian.
>>
>>85505739
>black

more of this shit. this is why their movies always under perform in the box office.
>>
Why is this board so fucking bitter and insecure when it comes to film taste? Almost all of you are just as bad as /tv/.

It's just a film, for fuck's sake. Why does it matter about what others like and don't like? It doesn't make you better than anyone else.

I think it's time for all of us to go outside and meet some people.
>>
>>85510886
I'm worried about Rogue One because of those rumored reshoots to make it funnier
>>
>3 days after his death Superman wakes up
>He wants to go in hiding so he puts Zod's snapped neck in the coffin instead
>He broods on a mountain
>He sees a bunch of lasers in the sky but doesn't care
>A vision of his father appears telling about the drowning children he used to hear near his lakehouse.
>Another laser in the sky appears
>Supes more brooding than usual paints his suit pitch black
>He takes off in a crucifix position, his mullet and beard blowing in the wind, and takes off to snap Darkseid's neck
>>
>>85516389
>rumored reshoots to make it funnier

The new trailer features levity like:

"The captain says you are a friend. I will not kill you."
"There is a 96.7 percent chance of failure." "He means well."
>>
>>85516389
I fucking hate hollywood and I'm glad that effects and things are getting easier and cheaper to make.
>>
File: 1461408437064.png (104KB, 879x499px) Image search: [Google]
1461408437064.png
104KB, 879x499px
>>85515876
He's a fan of Ayn Rand and now I have an excuse to post this.
>>
File: bibbo_act_685_005.png (247KB, 444x389px) Image search: [Google]
bibbo_act_685_005.png
247KB, 444x389px
What happened to Bibbo? Where is he now?
>>
>>85515508
The movies are objectively good. Deal with it.
Thread posts: 390
Thread images: 50

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.