[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I saw that this show and Superman are on Amazon Prime. I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: batman-animated-series.jpg (190KB, 960x854px) Image search: [Google]
batman-animated-series.jpg
190KB, 960x854px
I saw that this show and Superman are on Amazon Prime. I've never seen a single episode. Is the DCAU worth getting into?
>>
It's good but incredibly overrated as a whole and is the gospel of these characters for casuals that don't read comics.

Be wary.
>>
Yup. I haven't watched Zeta Project or Static Shock so I can't speak for those but the rest is good.

IIRC, viewing order is

>Batman the Animated Series
>Batman:Mask of Phantasm
>Superman the Animated Series
>The new adventures of Batman and Robin (season 2 of TAS basiclly, it assumes you watched Superman TAS)
>Batman, mystery of the batwoman
>Batman Beyond
>Batman Beyond Return of the Joker
>Justice League/Justice League unlimited.

I believe Zeta/Static are after Beyond and before Justice League but I'm sure I'll be corrected.
>>
>>85505058
If youve never seen them you are probably too young to appreciate them
>>
>>85505058
Don't listen to >>85505148'so faggotry. BTAS is a very excellent show, and the people who hate it are either underages or people who only barely started reading comics and only read what youtubers tell them to.
>>
>>85505058
this show was fucking art. its great.
>>
>>85505058
The DCAU comprise some of the best animated TV media people have ever created. Watch it immediately.
>>
>>85505058
Batman TAS is phenomenal. Later series episodes with Robin tend to suck.

Justice League the cartoon was overall great. Worth the watch.
>>
>>85505192
Batman/Mr. Freeze - Sub Zero comes somewhere in between. can't remember where to fit it in but it's before Batman Beyond.
it explains, after all, why he shows up in Batman Beyond
>>
>>85505058
Be wary of Justice League. The show is so bogged down by being almost entirely two parters you won't remember if you actually liked it by the time you reach Unlimited.
>>
>>85505058
BTAS is great, it has the best version of most of the Classic villains: Clayface, Two Face, Killer Croc, Poison Ivy, Firefly, Mr Freeze.
>>
>>85505192
You left out Sub Zero, which is tricky.

It takes place before TNBA (I think) but was delayed so it came out after TNBA started
>>
Just be careful with the order of episodes, Amazon lists them in production date not chronological date or air date, look up air dates and watch that way
>>
>>85507944
Good tip. Thanks.
>>
>>85505148
>Be wary
>Bewary
>Beware
>Beware the Batman

Thanks, anon. I'll check that out.
>>
>>85505058
Still of the best openings for a show.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mC9mFPki0BY
>>
It's good.
BTAS is designed to be rerun. So the first season feels like you're in the middle of the show.
There are weak episodes of BTAS.
JL and JLU are pound for pound the best of the DCAU.
>>
Yes it's A great cartoon I started watching when I was 7 & started my interest in comics & now @ 30 I still love watching it as much as I did as A child.
>>
>>85507944
Production order is better
>>
>>85507944
>>85512785
OKAY, now I need a definitive answer.
>>
>>85505058
I'm in the middle of watching the whole DCAU (possibly minus Static Shock and Zeta Project, not sure) and its been great.

Be prepared for some great episodes, a lot of good ones, and a handful of average to terrible episodes (BTAS so far as a larger share of the latter, with STAS being way more consistent)

Overall it's great. Some of DC's characters are at their most definitive in the DCAU. And for me, watching the bad episodes is part of the fun, seeing where they went wrong or tried something that didn't work.

I'd recommend reading Oliver Sava's reviews on AV Click after each episode. I know hes not /co/'s favorite reviewer but he can add a lot of context and trivia that you might not be aware of.
>>
>>85512811
It doesn't make that much of a difference honestly, you'll still see two partners or episodes with follow-ups in the right order.

I prefer production order because afaik that's how the creators intended it, while air dates were the decision of the network
>>
>>85512811
There's a watching guide for the entire DCAU lying somewhere on the internet, I don't think I have it on my hard drive anymore but it was on a black background.
>>
>>85505058
God-tier animated series
>>If you don't want to read comics
>>
>>85505058
Am I supposed to alternate episodes of the shows that aired at the same time? Or did they air in different seasons so I can watch a season of one show at a time?
>>
File: image.jpg (139KB, 1191x670px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
139KB, 1191x670px
>Remember Batman TAS
>Remember other DCAU
>Remember that Young Justice got canned

ITS NOT FAIR
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.