[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Books are knowledge and knowledge is power, and I am... no.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 124
Thread images: 10

>Books are knowledge and knowledge is power, and I am... no. Um, no. What am I? What was I saying? The bittersweet pain among men is having knowledge with no power because... because that is *paradoxical* and, um... thank you for coming.

Lex Luthor is supposed to be suave. But Jesse couldn't even give a decent speech at the party he was HOSTING! HOLY SHIT!
>>
>>85500996
Because he's SO QUIRKY AND ECCENTRIC.
>>
>>85500996
He was a young version.
He is in prison now, after he gets raped multiple times he will grow as a character and become more mature and serious.
>>
Are you blaming the actor for poor writing? He was a bad casting but it's not as if the speech getting fucked up is on him unless he rewrote the line on the spot (and even then it would be directors and shit who allowed it unless I'm missing something?)
>>
>>85501052
>Implying the DCEU will survive long enough for us to see a more mature Luthor.
>>
File: dc-geoff-johns-hed-2015.png (439KB, 652x367px) Image search: [Google]
dc-geoff-johns-hed-2015.png
439KB, 652x367px
>>85501052
Go home, Snyder. You're drunk.
>>
>>85500996
Really hated this part.
I recently watched the interview and stuff from the bluray and they said it was like that because his ego was telling him he was doing a service to humanity taking care of superman, but no one could notice so he was frustrated. Then they also said they do that kind of Luthor because in comics he was first portrayed as a mad scientist and then a big bussines man.
I still feel like the actor was the worst selection for a Luthor but I hope they change him in the future
>>
>>85500996
>Lex Luthor is supposed to be suave.
>supposed to be

The only thing lex Luther needs to be to be true to the character is a huge intellect and a hate boner for superman. Anything else is not muh bullshit that ignores legitimate interpretations of the character

Oh, and eventually lex should be bald. That too.
>>
>>85501237
In cartoons he is absolutely suave, thats one of his most famous versions
In new52 (forever evil for example) he is totally suave
In Earth2 from G. Morrison he is suave too
In the smallville show he is suave most of the time
You are full of bullshit if you think an insecure faggot can be Lex
>>
>>85501052
Oh dear, this is going to happen isn't it? After what Snyder said about Batman in prison and about why he had Superman kill, this reasoning is shockingly on par... Fuck me, in a sense this is true art.
>>
>>85501052
Sounds more like he's already getting raped by Brainiac with the way he's going on about knowledge.
>>
>>85501237
BvS Lex was a goddamn retard tho. There's nothing to indicate intellect through his actions, nor through his intentions. He mostly relied on others while doing nothing of value himself besides maybe pissing in a mason jar.
>>
>>85501540
And putting a jolly rancher in an elderly person's mouth.
>>
DCEU can suck it.
Post some actually good Lex instead.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sI0vtqxoG1k
>>
File: Lex luthor.jpg (23KB, 618x305px)
Lex luthor.jpg
23KB, 618x305px
>>85501237
>Lex Luthor should be bald.
The best portrayal of Lex says otherwise. He hits all the marks of what being a good Lex Luthor should be, and he isn't even bald.
>>
Did you know if you switch the first letters of Lex Luthor's first and last name it says Lex Luthor?
>>
>>85500996
No he isnt.
>>
>>85501759
Notice I said eventually lex should be bald, and eventually hackmans Luthor is bald. Bald cap, but bald.
>>
>>85501460
It amazes me how much people defend this movie when it's on par with shit movies like ASM2 and Fant4stic.
>>
>>85501844
>No he isn't
What makes you say this? In just about every interpretation besides Batman V Superman this is the case.
>>
>>85501540
>There's nothing to indicate intellect through his actions
He managed to deduce the identity of not only Superman, but fucking Batman, and used that knowledge to leverage both parties into fighting each other to death. That's pretty smart I'd say.
>>
>>85500996
How would things have changed if Clark had just beat up Luthor upon meeting him?
>>
>>85501875
Because I say so and if you don't start agreeing with me I will pinch my nipples.
>>
>>85501052
>>85501460
>Lex Luthor, like, gets raped in prison. That could happen in my movie. If you want to talk about character development, that’s how that would go.
>>
>>85501858
Yes, but he didn't need to be bald in order to be a good Lex Luthor. Just about every Lex is better than Jesse Eisenberg's portrayal. How can this be a coincidence?!
>>
>>85501892
It's kind of easy to deduce their identities when Superman disguises himself with glasses and Bruce and Batman have the same cheek freckle.
>>
>>85501347
Nice Casualism. But just as i thought, casuals thinkg cartoons and Johns are the only interpretations.

Lex spergs all the time in comics. Eissenjew did a great job leaking hate towards superman in that scene, great acting.

The fact that he talks about prometheus is just delightful, it's one of the few scenes that speak to us of how Lex truly feel about himself.
>>
>>85501892
All off screen. It's never explained how he did this. Granted though, I never watched the Director's Cut where it might've been explained. But for the theatrical release it's still unexplained how he did any of that impossible shit.
>>
>>85501892
But we're not told or shown HOW he deduced Bruce Wayne was Batman. That's one thing that really bothered me, we're just supposed to somehow accept that he did.
>>
>>85501875
By every version you mean the 2 you liked? Johns new52 luthor is not even a villian.

There's nothing "suave" about byrne's or Loeb's luthor. they are straight cunts. Aside from Cloneboy i cant think of a single "suave" version of luthor before the animated series.

I bet you think luthor isnt suffering from Manlet Rage.
>>
File: 1468609297149.jpg (36KB, 369x416px)
1468609297149.jpg
36KB, 369x416px
>>85502042
>Opinion's being this wrong.
Holy shit.
>>
>>85501954
>>85501949
>>85501962

We also need a 15 minutes montage of Luthor learning science and bruce learning about how the Kryptonite works.

There's nothing wrong with accepting the smartest guy in the planet knows that. You fags just want your hands to be hold.
>>
>>85501759
but he was bald, the hair was fake
he had the wig hanging around
>>
>>85502125
>It's kind of easy to deduce their identities when Superman disguises himself with glasses and Bruce and Batman have the same cheek freckle.

I was joking, fucktard.
>>
>>85502101
>Opinion

It's so hard to not insult people that thinks Luthor needs to be attractive and "suave".
>>
>>85502165
>It will never be explain how nobody else, even the people he works around, knows that Clark Kent is Superman even though they've all seen him and all he does to disguise himself is where glasses and comb his hair.
>>
>>85501910
this way he can get mad at Superman even more and ask him where he was when he was getting rapded
>>
>>85501052
Why do a young Lex but an old Bruce in the same movie?
>>
>>85502042
Not just me. Just about everyone. Everybody prefers these versions besides maybe one person on the planet, and that one person being you. So, how do you explain this without "everyone but me has shit taste" excuse?
>>
>>85501038
>Lex cartwheels into scene
>"AH! BRUCE WAYNE MEETS CLARK KENT! I LOVE IT!"
>"I-I don't know who Mr. Kent is but-"
>Lex starts square dancing with the crowd
>Lex exits scene by crab walking, tipping over several tables filled with food
>"MERCY! BRING ME MY JAR!"
>>
>>85501055
He was actually going for the role of Jimmy Olsen and Snyder decided he liked him as a Lex Luthor.
>>
>>85500996
>Lex Luthor is supposed to be suave. But Jesse couldn't even give a decent speech at the party he was HOSTING! HOLY SHIT!
dude's been having fucking apokaliptian voices whispering to him all the time
>>
>>85501347
In Allstar Superman he is an egomaniac
In Birthright he is BvS Lex

What you posted was literally just 'not muh'
>>
>>85501509
Darkseid actually
>>
>>85502272
You forgot the part where he pops a jolly rancher into each of their mouths.
>>
>>85502339
2 examples given to counteract 5 examples proving you're wrong. And being an egomaniac doesn't make him not suave.
>>
>>85501237
A Lex who is on the verge of throwing temper tantrum isn't a bad idea because it runs contrary to his character, but because it undermines his ability to seem credibly threatening.
>>
>>85501460
Nobody saved him from Daddy's fists and abominations as a kid.

Nobody gonna save him from Big Daddy's fistings and abominations in jail.

We getting mega mode Luthor.
>>
>>85500996
Would have been a better scene if he began to stammer as Clark walked in the room and he started starring at him intently.
>>
>>85500996
You guys are all missing the real reason he was so incoherent.

Superman was RIGHT THERE. He knew that Clark was Superman, and he had to pretend to be the normal, charismatic Lex Luthor and not the crazy evil one, but he was probably going fucking red with anger at the fact that Superman was at HIS party.
>>
>>85502434
Did Lex know that he was Superman at that point? I kind of figured he found out later.
>>
>>85502246
>Everybody prefers these versions
More like casuals, and sure they are the second biggest group after the normies, but know you are saying LUTHOR isnt suppose to be suave.

You just admited YOUR favorite luthor is suave. The character doesnt need to be anything aside from a petty resenful genius filled with hatred toward superman and anyone else with more power than him.

And that's what we got in the movie.
>>
>>85502215
this is a god damn superman/batman movie. a Jessie eisenberg rape scene would just make every one uncomfortable.
>>
>>85501950
>The fact that he talks about prometheus is just delightful, it's one of the few scenes that speak to us of how Lex truly feel about himself.
Yeah I liked this too. Talking about taking power from the Gods and putting it in mans hands and then taking Zod and physically birthing Doomsday with his hands.

But mouseketeers won't get it due to no exposition dump.
>>
>>85501347
>an insecure faggot

Lex is an insecure faggot in EVERY SINGLE INTERPRETATION
>>
>>85502466
He knew he was Superman at the time. That's why his plan involved getting Martha Kent and threatening her life.
>>
>>85501212
I guess they were going for if post DC animated universe Luthor = Trump than new DC Cinema universe Lex = Zuckerberg.
>>
>>85502466
>Did Lex know that he was Superman at that point?

He ASKED for Clark and Bruce. He goes and mocks them
>>
>>85502489
Like the jolly rancher scene?
>>
>>85502489
What, we can't rape Lex Luthor in a Superman movie, but we let Gordon rape the Joker in the Suicide Squad?

Where is the line drawn?
>>
>>85502466
We're never told when or how Lex figured it out. So we could be looking at Lex not knowing in the film to a certain point or he just knew in the beginning for some reason but chose to enact this crazy plan for Batman to steal kryptonite instead of just using it himself.
>>
>>85502301
He would have made a great Jimmy.
>>
>>85502219
because they're going to make a young batman next
>>
>>85502407
>2 examples given to counteract 5 examples proving you're wrong
The examples I gave are literally THE quintessential superman books and the best characterisations in his history. Johns bullshit and the cartoons pale in comparison anon.
>>
>>85502466
>Did Lex know that he was Superman at that point? I kind of figured he found out later.
Definitely yes. The movie opened with the Africa scene which is shown to be Lex baiting Supes with Lois.
>>
>>85502476
>The argument that a character doesn't have to be like a character
On some level you're right. You can make up shit for fictional characters and since they're fictional it really doesn't matter for shit. Heck, I could write a vampire story where Vampire's sparkle and are sex fiends. Or I could write a story where zombies are really just spaniards with weird parasites in their heads. But at that point, are they really Vampires or zombies?

And still, you used the "shit taste" argument, which really just goes to show your own level of maturity. It's not shameful to admit you have a favorite version of a character, and I like suave Lex Luthor because >>85502413
Jesse doesn't seem intimidating, or frightening, and I can't help but wonder why anyone even gives him anything, especially his more professional father who we never see on screen.
>>
>>85502558
>for some reason but chose to enact this crazy plan for Batman to steal kryptonite instead of just using it himself.
He clearly is tracking meta humans in order to find a soldier to fight Supes. This is why he bangs on about the 'metahuman program' and also what puts him on Wonder Womans radar.

Bats is a seasoned fighter AND unhinged enough to be manipulated. Why fight supes yourself when you can get somebody who is a better fighter represent you without them even knowing they are representing your own interests and not their own.
>>
>>85502558
I mean if Lois Lane could figure it out with about a week of investigations then why the fuck couldn't Lex?
>>
>>85501892
I kinda wish he didn't know who Batman was. Some of the most fun interactions between Bruce and Lex happen when they meet up as business men and Lex just assumes Bruce is a playboy drunk.
>>
>>85502558
I don't think he was planning on having Batman take the kryptonite. I'd assume he would have given it to him already weaponized.
>>
>>85502716
It's a deduction from the universe, Snyder even said it himself.

You can't paint Lois Lane as a pulitzer winning journalist yet have her dating Clark Kent without realizing it's Supes. You can't suspend belief like that in Snyderverse, same with Lex.

You can't present the character as a manipulative intellectual but then not have him able to work out that Clark Kent and Superman are dating the same girl and look the same.

It's the same in SS when Waller implies she knows who Batman is. You can't have her be the stone wall finger in every pie bitch if everyone else in the room has the wool over her eyes.
>>
>>85502558
What makes you think Lex doesnt have More kryptonite?

His importing goods mean 2 things:
He either would be put on control on all anti-metas solution by the books and get everyone
or
He would get rid of Bruce Wayne and Superman in a single push.

He just put several plans in motion at the same time, everything that doesnt works eventually helps the other plan.
>>
>>85502759
>I don't think he was planning on having Batman take the kryptonite. I'd assume he would have given it to him already weaponized.
Quite the opposite anon. At the party he tells Bruce that he should come over and collab because he is up to 'no good in weapons research'. He then puts the kryptonite at the front door and smiles when he sees it replaced with a batarang.

If he just gives batman the Kryptonite Batman would ask why and the ruse risks being undone.
>>
>>85502759

I think he may had have more. But he wanted Batman to rekt shit against his mercenaries, it's a good way to make superman get even more worried...
>>
>>85500996
>no kino memes so far
I'm proud of you guys.
>>
>>85502845
>But he wanted Batman to rekt shit against his mercenaries, it's a good way to make superman get even more worried...
I really wish we got a scene of Clark Kent reporter investigating the break in at Luthors place. It would solidify his belief that Batman has gone too far and help build his animosity before the fight.

As it stands, Clark/Supes has no more development between "the bat is dead" and the roof top fight.
>>
>>85502770
I always figured that at the government knew who Batman was, and probably most of the Superheroes, because honestly it's probably difficult to cover all traces of DNA and other forensic evidence at crimes scenes they leave behind.
>>
>>85501950
casual
>>
File: Superman_274Pyxurz.jpg (117KB, 1600x886px) Image search: [Google]
Superman_274Pyxurz.jpg
117KB, 1600x886px
>>85501759
>The best portrayal of Lex says otherwise.
WROOOOOOONNNG!
>>
>>85502937
This was touched on in The Boys
>>
>>85500996
No, Lex Luthor is supposed to be red ahired mad scientist that robs banks.

Maybe you growth with another interpretation of the character, one where he was a suave billionaire bodybuilder. But thats not the first one, and neither the last one as you can see.
>>
>>85500996

This was the exact point in the cinema when I knew BvS was going to be irredeemable.

Because of this guy.
>>
Reminder that we will NEVER get this level of Luthor in the DCEU

https://youtu.be/sI0vtqxoG1k
>>
>>85500996
tl;dr
not muh
>>
>>85504613
That's a really dumb opinion
>>
>>85504839
>yet another DCAU casual
*yawn*
>>
>>85502219
Contrast.

Both orphans, both rich, one is young and mercilessly hip and the other is old and tired and outdated. Luthor was abused and Bruce was a golden child, the list goes on
>>
>>85500996
You are an idiot. Him messing up that speech is the entire basis of Lex Luthor. Its why he hates Superman. Nc LEx doesn't hate meta-humans no, he hates s u p e r m a n . I mean yes he was NOT the best Lex Luthor AT ALL. But that speech was one of his smaller, finer, moments that were scripted. You freaking idiot.
>>
>>85505526
how did anything you say just make sense. how was it finer. how was it the basis of his character. why are you like this
>>
>>85501212
I think the idea behind it is fine, and Eisenberg could have been a great fit for that idea. But I think somehow they just totally fucked it up because in the actual movie it doesn't work at all.

Lex was the worst and most pointless part of the movie, he really should have just been held off for MoS 2 because for all intents and purposes Batman was already the antagonist. There was a great movie in there but it got diluted by Lex and Wonder Woman and Doomsday and all this stupid Justice League setup stuff.

Cinematic universes have fucking ruined comic movies. It'd be one thing if they just existed in the same universe but it's like every movie has to be part of some big puzzle. It's like the awful way they handled crossovers in the first Secret Wars and CoIE.
>>
>>85505612
Lex believes knowledge = power, thus those with superior knowledge should have superior power.

He believes himself intellectually greater than Superman yet has less power, it is paradoxical!
>>
>>85505941
But that forces me to think just a tiny tiny bit so I hate it and it's shit.

Fuck WB Fuck Snyder its all shit reboot it at leas Marve lcan do it right goddamn
>>
File: 40cakes.jpg (99KB, 683x515px) Image search: [Google]
40cakes.jpg
99KB, 683x515px
>>85500996
>pops jolly ranchers
>not cakes
>not 40 of them
DAMMIT SNYDER YOU HAD ONE FUCKING JOB
>>
>>85506013
I don't think people walked into the movie expecting the villain to use Epicurus as strategy against Superman.
>>
>lex luther
literally explicitly states that hes the son of lex
>>
>>85501759
That isnt Rosenbaum.
>>
>>85501759
>The best portrayal of Lex says otherwise.
The fuck he was.

In addition to being ashamed of his baldness (which the real Lex Luthor has never been), he's also far too goofy and humorous of a character.
>>
>>85501753
Oh fuck, I really should rewatch the fuck out of JL/JLU. I forgot how good this shit was.
>>
>>85508059
BUT MUH FUN MUH QUIPS MUH GRIMDARK
>>
>>85508111
Yeah, it's almost like buzzwords are an extremely stupid way to get a point across.
>>
>>85508059
>In addition to being ashamed of his baldness (which the real Lex Luthor has never been)
Casual
>>85508059
>he's also far too goofy and humorous of a character.
Like several versions of Luthor.

Seriously fo read Forever Evil again, it's a shit version of lex but it's obvious you want a "cool lex luthor".
>>
>>85508059
>(which the real Lex Luthor has never been), he's also far too goofy and humorous of a character.

nice bait
>>
>>85501237
>Anything else is not muh bullshit that ignores legitimate interpretations of the character
Doesn't make those interpretations good. You do realize there are tons of villains who are smart and hate Superman too?
>>
Eat the pennies
>>
>>85508205
Nigga, even in the Silver-Age, Lex Luthor wasn't goofy and bumbling much of the time.
>>
>>85500996
The entire point of that scene is that he's so preoccupied with his new found hate of superman that he literally can't think straight.
>>
>>85508059
>In addition to being ashamed of his baldness (which the real Lex Luthor has never been),
Nigga the pre-crisis lex motivation is that superboy made him lose his hair
>>
>>85501954
It's not explained in the UC either, he just knows their secret identities for some reason, and knew for at least a year.
>>
>>85509004
>Nigga the pre-crisis lex motivation is that superboy made him lose his hair
And was Silver-Age Lex Luthor such a comedic character otherwise? No, not really.
>>
>>85502413
>because it undermines his ability to seem credibly threatening.

He was the most threatening live action Luthor ever when he was throwing Superman polaroids of Ma Kent with "Witch" written on her forehead and being smug as fuck about the whole deal.
>>
>>85502558
>How does Darth Vader know Luke is his son, we're never told how he figured it out
>>
>>85511861
>Anakin Skywalker wouldn't know Luke Skywalker who came to him with his old friend Obiwan.

>Luthor just drew a pair on glasses on superman and found that he looks like some random joe working at a news paper and declared that he is Superman
>Nobody else on earth beyond him and Lois lane haven't figured it out by just looking at Clark for a few seconds then look at a picture of Superman
>>
what did lex mean with the line that went something like "the oldest lie in america is that power can be innocent"?
>>
>>85512329
He means power eventually corrupts people and no one should have it (more than him).
Maybe he said that because religions told us to believe in a mighty god of mercy and love
>>
>>85512329

Power corrupts, and a being like Superman would be enormously corrupt despite putting on a front of being a savior.
>>
File: 2016-08-16_09-42-31.jpg (407KB, 1677x698px) Image search: [Google]
2016-08-16_09-42-31.jpg
407KB, 1677x698px
>>85512459
>>85512608
funny how lex tried forcing the corruption of superman to prove the point.
>>
File: 1469143192911.gif (3MB, 700x285px) Image search: [Google]
1469143192911.gif
3MB, 700x285px
>>85500996
Superman should also be cheerful, personable, and all-loving.

Lex being changed so drastically isn't that surprising, all things considered.
>>
>>85513915
>Superman should also be cheerful, personable, and all-loving.
>Supes can't be put into a story where he wouldn't be those things

>not muh
oh
>>
>>85501084
They're doing fine, their first three movies made more money than the first movies of the MCU. Iron Man was the only phase 1 solo film to pass 500 million.

Companies like this couldn't care less about critical succes or failure if they still make a shit ton of money.
>>
File: Clark disguise.jpg (120KB, 500x755px) Image search: [Google]
Clark disguise.jpg
120KB, 500x755px
>>85502214
Well that's not all he does.
>>
People really, really want Lex to be admirable and charismatic and heroic and not a villain at all. Even writers do this. It's like people are offended by the idea that Lex could be unambiguously in the wrong.
>>
File: Superman - Birthright 05-011.jpg (2MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
Superman - Birthright 05-011.jpg
2MB, 1988x3056px
>>85502339
>In Birthright he is BvS Lex
No he isn't.
>>
>>85514981
Jesus anon that's a Bayformers/Saw level of conformism
>>
>>85515053
>We need to establish why Clark doesn't kill, because nobody has a no kill code
>We're not going to establish how his secret identity works even though it's a huge part of the movie how he needs to fit in with regular humans. Let's just skip over it. Denouement? What's that?
Thread posts: 124
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.