[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are most western children's cartoon writers paid terribly?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

Are most western children's cartoon writers paid terribly?

I know the MLP writers are just contracted per season, they don't get benefits.
>>
>>85493460
They get paid better than animators, but not as well as voice actors.
>>
>>85493460
From what I gathered, except for the Jonny Test guy, most of the MLP writers enjoy writing for it because there are people who notice and pour over their episode.
>>
>>85493509
What is the usual salary tho? 40k?

This board is way more mature than /v/. I dunno why.
>>
>>85493563
Writers get paid per script and it depends on the show and the writer how much that is.

On average, cable TV cartoons are probably not as much as the top network shows or HBO hour long shows, but easily more than a low income person makes a year doing a crap job.
>>
>>85493563
~40-60k Although there's this website that claims cartoon network pays theirs 200k. I have no fucking clue how they got that.

not as popular so less retards around, but don't let that fool you, there's still a lot of them
>>
>>85493667
Yeah again I only ask because I wonder why MLP (at least) has a ridiculous number of writers with constant turnover where as a show like Star pretty much has the writing done by the storyboarding/directing staff.
>>
>>85493800
MLP is Hasbro's show, it's not exactly a Creator run show like others.
>>
>>85494636
But why would writers still constantly quit?
>>
>>85493667
It doesn't take a year of work to write for one show.
>>
>>85494692
A load of dude/ttes have gone on to write and do other stuff. MLP is just a 9-5 to them and to Hasbro at the end of the day.

You also have to remember that the Ride has been going on for SIX (6) YEARS now. They've probably been writing their own scripts and stories for things they really want to do.
>>
>>85494669
They don't "quit". They just don't renew their contracts. Unlike people like Jeff Liu who were hand-picked by the creator, a lot of people on shows like MLP, Transformers, Littest Pet Shop (For the merchanidse) are picked via application process. For an artist, it's the equivalent of a seasonal job. The longer you stay on a show, the more a studio is obliged to pay you.
>>
>>85494830
What? Seriously? That sounds like BS, but it might explain why only one writer from S1 is left on staff.
>>
>>85494830
Is that what most non-union work is like?
>>
>>85494859
Annual pay increases are a thing.

>>85494859
If I recall right, most have left to do personal projects. MLP was good money, but they have their own dreams to follow
>>
>>85495202
Only Larson I know did that, but he came back and will probably continue to come back, but that is more out of a desire to continue being worshipped by the fandom.
>>
>>85493509
Is most animation still done in east-asian sweatshops? I know that was the case in the 70s, 80s and 90s.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.