[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did anyone find this episode infuriating? The episode completely

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: sg.jpg (45KB, 457x349px) Image search: [Google]
sg.jpg
45KB, 457x349px
Did anyone find this episode infuriating?

The episode completely retcons most of The Simpsons history by having Homer and Marge meet in the 90s.
I know there have been much worse episodes but this one episode single handedly shat on over a decade of continuity
The only way they can top it is if Homer and Marge dated in the late 90s while Homer was in a pop punk band
>>
It's okay, most people who remember that awesome characterization have long since stopped watching.
>>
File: 1461169967197.gif (4KB, 276x224px) Image search: [Google]
1461169967197.gif
4KB, 276x224px
Isn't it true that later episodes would ignore this one and keep the 'mid-late 1970s and early 1980s' setting for Homer and Marge's romance?
>>
>>85489929
Simpsons has been running for so long that they had to introduce the bane of comic book readers: The sliding timeline.
>>
Setting it in the 90's makes no sense. Homer and Marge got married while she was pregnant with Bart. Bart is 10, so they must have gotten married in 2005/6.
>>
>>85489929
>The episode completely retcons most of The Simpsons history by having Homer and Marge meet in the 90s.

I'm sure it's a bad episode, but what do you expect a series to do when its timeline is surpassed by its production date?
>>
>>85490019
Making a flashback episode based on the nothing period that was the mid to late 2000's would be a truly Herculean task. Bojack Horseman only pulled it off because it was just a giant callback to a previous episode.
>>
The Simpsons has never had a consistent history and they even make fun of it sometimes.

There have been several explanations for how Homer and Marge met.
>>
>>85489929
>homer and marge should be a 60 year old couple with a 10 year old oldest child and a new baby

OP do you know what the menopause is or are you just one of those 90s kids who thinks your shitty decade was worth something
>>
it's not even real

they're just drawings
>>
I love it, stay mad nerds
>>
>>85489957
Pretty much
>>
>>85489929
I'm always surprised to find out they're still making new Simpsons.

And that people still watch them.
>>
>Still watching the Simpsons
>in 2016
wat
>>
>this episode aired eight years ago
>>
File: bane hiss.png (705KB, 805x581px) Image search: [Google]
bane hiss.png
705KB, 805x581px
>>85492393
>>
>>85489929
>he who is tired of Weird Al is tired of life

I'm also looking forward to the episode where Homer and Marge reveal they first met playing Pokemon go (or its lawyer friendly equivalent) and in the modern day they have a fight because Homer is team instinct and Marge is mystic.
>>
The only good part was the Sonic abstinence billboard
>>
>>85493489
>Pokemon Go episode
I bet it's just going to be a copy of this episode, except they show the character's avatars inside of a Pokemon Go clone instead of a MMO, but they are lazy and just make Pokemon Go look like an MMO anyway.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marge_Gamer
>>
>>85493489
The Pokemon Go episode won't be made until a year or two after everyone has stopped caring about it.
>>
>>85489929

When your characters don't fucking age yet somehow have the modern iphone you need to update continuity so that it makes sense.
>>
>>85493489
Man, I loved the Mobile Monster Mystery Catcher flashback episode. So romantic when they were sneaking around Cletus' family property looking for a Pumbloom.
>>
>>85494013
They wouldn't even call it a pumbloom, or anything that sounds remotely real. They'd just call it a hamstermon or some shit and call it a day
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.