[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is your opinion on the 'Red Sky' seasons

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

File: 1345817320_1.jpg (129KB, 700x471px) Image search: [Google]
1345817320_1.jpg
129KB, 700x471px
What is your opinion on the 'Red Sky' seasons of the original TMNT?
>>
They were pretty good overall.

People don't like them because they don't have the same tone as the earlier seasons, but objectively the quality is better and the stories are fresher.
>>
File: 432233.png (458KB, 768x576px) Image search: [Google]
432233.png
458KB, 768x576px
nothing special
>>
>we want the BTAS audience
>>
File: stop.jpg (86KB, 768x576px) Image search: [Google]
stop.jpg
86KB, 768x576px
>>
>>85489657
I'm not a TMNT fan, but I just want to know one thing that's probably been asked a billion times....

What would you do for a TMNT turtles movie? Like, would you use more practical effects, a tone like the cartoon's, and other stuff.

It's just that there are so many weird ways to go about it.
>>
File: pure quality.jpg (101KB, 743x576px) Image search: [Google]
pure quality.jpg
101KB, 743x576px
show me your best tmnt pic
>>
Who else has an unusual love for the 'Red Sky' aesthetic in general? TNBA had it too.
>>
I had stopped watching cartoons by then. Were they good or bad?
>>
>>85493383
Well they've done just about every other medium so far... I'd like to see a stop-motion animated TMNT movie. Because there's something weirdly off-putting about stop-motion puppetry, those movies always seem to get away with being just weirder and darker and edgier than, say, a computer or cel animated movie. So, something closer in tone to the Mirage comics in that style would be radical.
>>
>>85495694
>>
I remember watching and enjoying the Red Sky seasons when they originally aired. I could tell they were trying to be different as a kid, and I loved it - I was only 5 at the time, so I hadn't gotten too attached to the Way Things Were at that point. Really, I'd even already noticed that the TMNT they aired on Saturday mornings on CBS was different from the TMNT I had on FHE video. The intro was different, and I quickly noticed the episodes almost always dealt with the turtles fighting mad scientists and regular criminals in broad daylight, in soft, pastel colored rooms. I knew enough to know I didn't care for that as much as the "Turtles on tape" (the first season, which objectively DID have more action and animation), and that I liked The Movie even more - so, from the moment they threw clips of the movie into the opening, I could tell they were going to TRY.

Even though I missed Krang and Shredder's exit episode, I liked Lord Dregg, he had that smooth-ass Tony Jay voice so I totally bought into the idea that he could pose as a good guy while casting shade on the Turtles - that was such a cool premise that separated him from every other Saturday morning villain. Although the time travel and unstable mutation plots that ran between seasons 8 & 9 were hard to follow as a kid, I liked that they were using those "serious" sci-fi tropes and actually letting them be ominous overhanging overplots, instead of resolving everything in 22 minutes. In retrospect, that stuff was probably all cribbed from X-Men anyway, which was kicking the shit out of TMNT in the ratings, but I totally bought into the cliche of time travellers warning of a "bad future"; it, like everything else about the Red Sky seasons, really sold the idea that this time the stakes were higher, and if they lost they wouldn't just be able to stick a potato in the Technodrome's pipe next week, the world would actually suffer the consequences.
>>
The og Turtles went darker near the end? I got to go check that out.
>>
>>85502536
Seasons 8-10, yeah.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.