[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

We're never getting Vol 3, right? Johns is too busy doing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 7

File: Batman-_Earth_One.jpg (39KB, 304x480px) Image search: [Google]
Batman-_Earth_One.jpg
39KB, 304x480px
We're never getting Vol 3, right?

Johns is too busy doing TV, movies and getting promotions.
>>
>>85468998
It was meh anyway.
>>
>>85469021
As partial as I am to Batgod and general batwankery, it was refreshing to see Batman as more of a fallible human being in a batsuit.

I liked it.
>>
>>85468998
That's what I thought for Vol. 2, but that came out anyway.

Don't they already have art ready? I think Vol. 3 has more of a headstart than the last one did.
>>
>>85468998
Fuck man I didn't realize this until now. I was looking forward to what they were gonna do for killer croc and how they were gonna incorporate joker and clayface.
>>
>>85469122
yeah but it seemed like he would just end up being batgod. He would not stay fallible for long + I did like iraq veteran alfred
>>
It was awful, it made Batman into a thug with a Bat fetish. Batman is supposed to be the smartest guy in the room, not a idiot like BaleBat.
>>
>>85469179
I don't know about that. Johns said somewhere they had an end in mind, like 5 or 6 volumes. He could certainly get better at being Batman and a detective, but I don't think they would aim for Morrison level of Batgod.
>>
>>85469211
That's been done to death kid
>>
>>85469211
> X is supposed to be...
These characters can to be interpenetrated in any way the creators see fit
>>
File: 1419058136300.gif (2MB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1419058136300.gif
2MB, 400x300px
>>85469673
You, I like you.
>>
>>85469673
That thought process gave us the abysmal Batman in the Nolan films.
>>
>>85469769
Still a better batman than snyders
>>
File: file.png (3MB, 1678x873px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
3MB, 1678x873px
I'm sure Frank posted some art on his instagarm.

>>85469769
We get it. You're an autistic retard that can't undertake two different takes on the same 75+ year old character.
>>
>>85469769
Yeah it gave us something different to see if we liked it or not. That's good.
>>
Script is done and Gary Frank's been drawing it and posting pics on twitter
>>
File: file.png (469KB, 922x712px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
469KB, 922x712px
>>85469870
>>
File: file.png (240KB, 895x640px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
240KB, 895x640px
>>85469910
>>
OGNs don't take that much time to write. It's just the length of a mini written over a year or two. He should be able to finish it and was already working on it with Frank anyway before all the movie promotion shit.

But they already released WW and Teen Titans this year so they won't release any more this year. Batman EO v3 also wasn't in the spring 2017 books. We'll see.
>>
>>85470369
>Batman EO v3 also wasn't in the spring 2017 books. We'll see.

Which means it's not even being talked about for release yet.
>>
>>85469910
Is that Jim Balent's Catwoman design?
>>
>>85469122
>As partial as I am to Batgod and general batwankery, it was refreshing to see Batman as more of a fallible human being in a batsuit.

This is clearly a meme from people that don't actually read Batman because if they did they would see that he fucks up constantly.

Even Snyder's run was full of moments where Batman fucked up constantly.

This is just an excuse to paint in a bad way everyone that dislike this comic.

>>85469673
And this is another meme that is only used when talking about Batman.
>>
>>85469122
I love how Johnsfags pretend to actually like batman to justify liking this comic.

You are such a liar fucking pleb.
>>
>>85469211
Bale was smarter than average, this guy was just plain dumb, and less educated than your average highschooler
>>
>its a "Batfag gets mad at alternate interpretations of a character that isn't even part of main continuity" thread
Yay
>>
>>85472843
the same one every time too
>>
>>85472780
you can spot them easily because they use the usual memes like "batgod"
>>
>>85472843
>it's a people that doesnt like batman in the first place defends an interpretation of a character by a writer that doesnt like batman.

I love how "batfags" love Vampire Batman, commie Batman, and Victorian Batman, disaproving every argument Johnsfags try to use.
>>
>>85472864
And they don't know the difference between batgod and prep time batman. Seriously how can't they say it's about powerlevel? As if Long halloween and Year one are not among the most popular interpretations?
>>
>>85472780
I don't have a problem with Ultimate Cap being a racist, nor do I have a problem with Earth One Batman sometimes killing

They aren't the mainstream counterparts, they are allowed to differ. Different universe, different rules
>>
>>85472843
It's almost like fans of a character actually know more than a guy that admitted to never read Batman and who also never read WW but kept writing her for months before finally reading her.
>>
>>85472985

I find the accusation of being close minded are so dumb, we are talking about the Fanbase of: batman 66, nolan's, BTAS', Brave and the bold, Morrison's' ultimate man, O'neil's Martial artist adventurer. Miller's fascist brazy batman... etc. Batman is the character with more Elseworlds at least in DC, if a version is rejected there has to be something wrong, but sure, let's ignore all that.
>>
>>85473131
johns wrote this one so it's double wrong
>>
>>85473131
But people like Johns Batman. It sells.

Checkmate Batfags.
>>
The whole point of Earth One was supposed to be "Ultimate DC", more edgy and realistic versions without continuity baggage.

As much as I hate that in Marvel and in movies, for some reason I really liked it in the context of DC characters, which is why I'm disappointed that they basically threw that concept out the window for Teen Titans and Wonder Woman, the latter of which really should have been an All-Star title.

The whole line just seems really slapdash right now.
>>
>>85473440
>The whole point of Earth One was supposed to be "Ultimate DC", more edgy and realistic versions without continuity baggage.
No? Isn't the point of the Earth One line to modernize their heroes for the 21st century? To modernize something doesn't necessarily mean to make things more 'edgy' and/or 'realistic'.

I didn't read TT: Earth One, but WW: Earth One was fucking great and exactly what the character needed. If anything, it needs to be made the mainstream version of the character.

Superman: Earth One was really disappointing though. Just a really boring, meandering take on the character.
>>
>>85472935
>Earth One Batman sometimes killing
What? He doesnt kill. Ever. Alfred told hin he should and bruce said he doesnt want kids to think that the batman will kill their parents
>>
>>85474866
I loved it but I don't think WWEO really did anything special. Besides black Steve it's pretty interchangeable with Rucka's Year One so far. LoWW would be in that statement too if not for the mix of immortal and mortal Amazons but it's also not much different from those.

Glad they're all good, but to suggest that any of them is "what the character needed" seems silly to me when she's constantly getting it.
>>
>>85469929
Okay, I like this guy drawing but he needs to see a real boxing fight.
In panel 1, it seems like Batman should hit with his right fist. He dodges to the left so he should probably use the momentum from the movement with a punch going in the same direction.

But let's say he dodges to left, changes direction then punches with his left fist. How does the guy's left harm go from being on the right side of Batman's head to its left side without colliding with it?
>>
I don't like it because it feels like a mean spirited parody other than anything else.
I have nothing against Batman struggling and all but portraying him like a bumbling incompetent retard that can't do anything right feels more like something made to appeal to people that dislike the character, no wonder it's popular between people that usually don't like the character.
>>
>>85477367
>no wonder it's popular between people that usually don't like the character
How did this meme even start?
Was it just a no true scotsman?
>>
>>85477367
Bet you hate ASBAR too
>>
>>85477412
literally every thread was full of "finally they made Batman good" or "this is the first time I liked Batman"
also the fact that the most common response to people that didn't like it is something like "you are just mad he is not BATGOD" which is a silly complain since everyone familiar with the character would know that there are many comics where Batman isn't batgod that are very liked

>>85477444
ASBAR is a different take on already used elements, while Batman is portrayed as an unhinged vigilante with clear issues it doesn't feel like it only exists to make fun of established elements of the mythos
>>
>>85477367
I'm sorry but I didn't feel the mean spirit that you felt. In particular there are scenes where E-1 Bruce's desire to help people shine quite brightly. In particular when he says that he doesn't want any kid to grow up thinking batman killed his dad or when he felt so much like shit when he scared a homeless woman that he gave her a fistfull of money or how he treats Killer Croc. Yes he's a arrogant novice and regularly gets his shit pushed in but he means well and good intentions are one of the most important part of what makes a hero.
>>
File: 1460257361343.jpg (1MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
1460257361343.jpg
1MB, 1988x3056px
I liked how Batman didn't start off with a gameplan on what skills he would need to effectively combat crime in the city, instead as he progressed he understood that he would need more than the power of punching people.
>>
File: 004 - Batman #22.jpg (734KB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
004 - Batman #22.jpg
734KB, 1988x3056px
>>85477871
in my opinion Snyder did the "arrogant novice learns to be less arrogant and to trust other people while failing constantly" way better in Zero Year
>>
>>85478161
Snyder did handle novice Batman's anger better, Johns' E-1 Batman didn't feel angry enough at times for a guy that's supposed to be fueled by his dead parents.
>>
>>85477943
So yoy liked that Bruce didnt knew evidence was a thing you don't have to step on?

That's something a kid watching cartoons would know
>>
>>85478759
>So yoy liked that Bruce didnt knew evidence was a thing you don't have to step on?
So you have zero reading comprehension or is english not your native tongue? What he means by "Evidence?" is that he wasn't aware that the place was a crime scene.
>>
>>85478803
>see plastic bag used to put evidence in
>see number near it
>let me step on it

so he is either retarded or has zero spacial awareness
>>
>>85478840
It's a dark room
>>
>>85477614
>literally every thread was full of Batgodfags whining

ftfy
>>
>>85478161
One of the main problems with Earth one vs Zero year or any other rookie batman, is that EO doesnt have any real reason to be arrogant. He doesnt have the skills to back that arrogance so he seems petty. When Bruce fucks up in Year one he really fucks up, in EO he learns that "meaby testing gadgets is a good idea".
>>
>>85478803

There's a bright number eleven you silly. That's not a batman that doesnt have detective skills, that's a batman that is a total retard.
>>
>>85478923

>It's a dark room

I'm trying to ignore this post. But it's so hard, he is fucking BATMAN, not Sunflowerman, not Birdman.
>>
>>85472935
>I don't have a problem with Ultimate Cap being a racist
STOP MOTHER FUCKING SAYING THIS!!!
Cap had a whole annual hanging out with Falcon showing flashbacks with him being sympathetic to black soldiers in ww2.
When Zola's ethnic lab experiments overran him, Cap refereed to them as "your betters"

France isn't a race, talking shit about them (all of 3 times) is nationalistic not racist, and he isn't even strongly nationalistic, he praised Russian troops during the war.
>>
>>85479677
Reading its not part of being a comic book fan stop being right. RIGHT NOW.
>>
Anyone have a DL for Volume 2? The torrent from 32pages has a bunch of corrupted pages
>>
>Earth One still rustling jimmies
>>
>>85479677

Earth one fags don't read comics that were not done by Johns
>>
>>85468998
I really wanted to see Johns take on the Joker. The beautiful thing about Earth Ones is that they're a possibility as long as Johns doesn't die.
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.