[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Zod >My planet needs me, I need to save my dying race Joker

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 222
Thread images: 18

Zod
>My planet needs me, I need to save my dying race
Joker
>Nothing in the world is of value, there fore I choose to embody chaos
Luthor
>No godly force should go unchecked, we must prevent an invasion

Loki
>Take over the world XD
Thanos
>Take over the world XD
Ronan
>Take over the world XD

Yikes!
>>
>>85460725

Admittedly, Loki's entire purpose is 'fuck with the Gods lel'.

Other than that I don't know enough about comics to argue with you, so here's your (you).
>>
>>85460725
Which Luthor? Because BvS Luthor was just on a fucking crazy powertrip, and Leto Joker is exactly the fucking same.
>>
File: marvel vs DC.gif (3MB, 800x352px) Image search: [Google]
marvel vs DC.gif
3MB, 800x352px
>>85460725
>Joker
>>Nothing in the world is of value, there fore I choose to embody chaos

Hey nigga, that ain't DCEU Joker!
He wanted a black guy to fuck his girlfriend, and he wanted to later rescue her. The end

Thanos wants to fuck death, Ronan wants to kill inferior races in the name of the Kree, and Loki wanted to please his dad, or become king-God.

Further more, I.... Oh, I fell for it, huh?
>>
>>85460725
Ronan's goal was to cripple the rival empire of his people by destroying their capital and a large chunk of its elite military force
>>
>>85460725
Zod
>My planet needs me, I need to save my dying race

>proceed to do anything I can to condemn them to genocide

Joker

>I have no personal stakes or motives, ,so deep character writing lmao

Luthor
>No godly force should go unchecked, we must prevent an invasion

>I'm just an asshole, and the actions I take don't even help the cause I claim to be after. In the new movies I'm also quirky and insufferable to watch.
>>
>>85460725

Actually, Loki is more a damaged boy in a demigods body trying to make his father notice him, and feeling wronged. I never got the feeling he really gave two shits about Earth. It's proven, really, as he didn't even kill Odin at the end of Dark World.
>>
>>85460725
>Luthor
>not an abused edgy militant atheist faced with the terrible knowledge that there are indeed beings out there that may as well be deities, and driven mad by his impotent rage and inferiority complex.
>>
File: 1471157977413.png (886KB, 1310x569px) Image search: [Google]
1471157977413.png
886KB, 1310x569px
>>
>>85460725
Loki
>I feel inferior to my brother, and must prove myself his better by becoming king, no matter the cost

Thanos
who fucking knows

Ronan
>My people would rather make treaties with our lifelong enemies, enemies that stole the lives of my father and his father before him. This will not stand, and they all will pay
>>
>>85460725
>we must prevent an invasion
>calls up the aliens and says hello

wrong joker bud
>>
Blonsky, Ross, and Stane were the only villains in the MCU who felt really threatening or evil

This is sad because in the grand scheme of things they're all kind of nobodies and ever since then we've just gotten generic guy after generic guy
>Hey audience, I'm the villain....*winks*
>>
>>85460821
He's an antitheist, more a strawman of an atheist by a really shitty christian writer, aka Snyder.
That argument does not work with Superman, he doesn't exist outside of time and shit like the religious arguments claim, kid Luthor can't exactly be saved by kid Superman in the same way an actual omniscient god could.
Not sure it's worth breaking down how stupid that writing is.

Loki also has daddy issues, funnily enough with someone close to being a god, though still more of a superalien.
Thanos is in love with Death, don't think he wants to rule the world, just kill many people on it.
Ronan wants to kill everyone on Xandar, and Thanos, I guess there's some intergalactic ancient politics at play, we might find out more about it at some point, the Kree sort of showed up on Agents of Shield, and some inhumans.

Circling back to Zod, fuck I don't remember his motivations, making Earth shittier for himself rather than becoming as strong as Supes and allowing anyone else being born or hatched on Earth to rule over humans as super-aliens or something?
And I don't know that we ever have motivations for Joker, that's kind of the point isn't it? He's rather insane in that regard.
And back to Luthor, how does killing Supes help against an invasion of actual evil aliens? How does making Doomsday help either? The fuck was with making Batman and him fight? How did he not find out both their mom's names are Martha if he knew both their identities? Why didn't his goons just torch Martha Kent the moment Bats showed up and gunfire was erupting from the other room?
>>
>>85460725
we've never been told thanos's MCU motivations, so the fact that you have to include him in your list suggests you couldn't find a better example of the point you're trying to make

tl;dr 0/10 git gud
>>
>>85460892
>Circling back to Zod
Yeah, that shit didnt make any sense to me
>wahhh our children would have to grow up scared and in pain, even though we could teach them and they'll grow up into gods
>wahhh we have to share the whole planet? lol fuck off farm boi
>>
>>85460872
>Ross
MCU Ross was a fucking idiot.
Ang Lee's Ross was threatening.
>>
>>85460725
Zod was just a nostalgic dude with anger issues, Luthor was a costume-less Riddler, and who cares about Joker, he didnt do shit in SS.
>>
File: 1462389934380.jpg (1MB, 1400x2330px) Image search: [Google]
1462389934380.jpg
1MB, 1400x2330px
>>85460859
nice try mouseketeer
>>
>>85460991
you seem mad
>>
>>85460958
How was he an idiot? I don't know enough about military crap to know

And in any case he was certainly a bastard, he had that going, like I hate that guy when I watch that movie...MCU doesn't have villains like that anymore, guys who just seem truly awful and you want them to get their comeuppance

People will probably say "Well Yellowjacket killed a guy in the bathroom!". Killing does not in itself mean much, it's why MCU heroes can kill and you don't care, it's about tone and attitude, that scene came off as being funny more than anything, not something evil
>>
>>85460725
>Luthor
>having a motivation
>having a coherent plan at all
I don't believe we watched the same movie
>>
Wrong.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPvI2rLCIFc&ab_channel=Wisecrack
>>
>>85461016
>linking some youtube Vlog

what is wrong with you? oh yeah, /co/ got taken over by casuals
>>
>>85460725
Everyone knows Marvel has shit villains. You have to be a delusional fanboy to think otherwise.
>>
>>85461015
>>having a motivation
I believe it was that he hated Superman because he was a bibliophile and saw Superman as his own personal Satan
>>having a coherent plan at all
I believe it was to get Batman to kill Superman with the kryptonite or have Superman kill Batman, to prove that he is a murderer like he was trying to do with the first two times he tried to frame Superman
>>
>>85461045
Zemo is by far better than any of DCEU villain
>>
>more company wars bullshit
It's like I'm on /v/.
>>
>>85461071
Zemo was awful, no self respecting Marvel fan would defend that garbage....an MCU fan would but that isn't the same as being a Marvel fan
>>
>>85460725
How the fuck did Krypton colonies function if you needed the actual Codex to make babies?
>>
>>85461082
Explain.
>>
>>85461071
>Zemo
I'd put so many other Marvel villains over that faggot.
>>
>>85461082
Who cares about comics, they are a dead medium.
>>
>>85461084
I think they just sent people and resources but then the leadership was like
>yeah we think this is a waste of time and resources so were going to spend time and resources harvesting our planets core against one of our top scientist advice I'm sure nothing would go wrong.
>>
>>85461072
These threads are the biggest concentrations of fat virgins, so probably.
>>
>>85460991
Why are you implying superhero turds are anything but joints?
>>
>>85460725
I don't remember who the villain between Stane and Whiplash is. Anyone mind jogging my memory?
>>
File: 1456029044397.gif (2MB, 390x277px) Image search: [Google]
1456029044397.gif
2MB, 390x277px
>>85460991
>>
>>85461142
Blonsky, TIH.
>>
>>85461161
Ah, thanks.
>>
File: zorro.jpg (12KB, 330x282px) Image search: [Google]
zorro.jpg
12KB, 330x282px
>>85461071
He's not exactly a villain in quite the same sense as most antagonists, plus his reason for doing his shit was simple and obvious, no convoluted crap, basically Indigo Montoya.
>>
>>85461095
Ok...he was just another normal faggot, not a super villain, for one thing...that's gay and not what I pay for when I go to see a super hero flick, I want super villains

For another he was a complete bastardization of his comic book counter part, just like the Mandarin, he was an OC that they just tacked a name onto to try and make casuals feel like they were in the know about some shit and to bait nerds into wanting to see the movie
>>
Even CW's Vandal Savage was better than DCEU's villains.

Only Zod was worthwhile.
>>
>>85461189
>>85461223
That's some shit reasoning right there
>>
Bo superhero villain will ever be threatening.
The good guys will always win, and heroes can be revived.
>>
>>85460725
Literally none of what you said for The MCU section was right.

Loki is looking for approval and a lessening of his feeling of inadequacy wherever he can find it.
Thanos wants to court Death.
Ronan SAID OUTRIGHT to someone who acted like Ronan wanted to rule Xandar that he only had interest in annihilating it, so you clearly weren't watching the movie.

Out of all the MCU villains, Loki, Red Skull, and Ultron had designs on ruling Earth, in some form, and Loki, that was once among 3 of his plots, which ultimately all just hinge on making himself feel like less of the lesser brother.

There are honestly far more revenge plots, if you want to draw a single thread. Off the top of my head
Stane
Vanko
Loki
Killian
Malekith
Ronan
Cross
and Zemo
All had revenge as part of their motivation, or an essential component of their plan.
>>
>>85461084
Something about the skull being on Krypton, and other bones being on each of the colonies, at least according to bonus material.
>>
>>85460725
>Loki
>I shall claim the throne my surrogate father lied to me when he said it was my birthright

>Thanos
>to court death I must present a bouquet of death

>Ronan
>I have been elevated by my people to the position of highest judge. It is my imperative to snuff out those guilty, and seize anything which may aid my purpose
>>
>>85460725
You fucking sperg, this is not something worth arguing about.

You are fucking juvenile. Your "kino" is just borderline illiterates trying to one-up each other.

You are the cancer killing this board.
>>
>>85460991
>Planecrasher
kek
>>
>>85461235
>Even CW's Vandal Savage was better
Let's not go that far.
CW's Vandal Savage is legitimately the worst villain I've seen in any cape adaptation.
>>
>>85461364
Worse than ASM 2 Green Goblin or Electro?
>>
>>85461389
Yes.
At least DeHaan was somewhat menacing before he became Green Goblin and Electro is at least supposed to be pathetic unlike Savage who we are supposed to believe is a calculating intelligent sociopath yet is pathetic in every scene he's in.
>>
>>85460725
Loki is jealous of Thor and angsty about his origins, and how Odin lied about them

Thanos isn't really in a movie yet. You might as well say
>Darkseid
>Take over the world XD

You're right about Ronan, though
>>
>>85461414
Ronan didn't want to take over Xandar, he wanted to destroy it.
>>
>>85461414
I thought Darkseid was more
>Take over the universe XD
>>
I've always thought Thanos' motivations of trying to get into death's pants are really weird. I think the MCU will change his motives into just general Doom-like megalomania.
>>
They're selling the heroes. It's the Thor action figure they're selling, not the Malekith. It's made most obvious in Civil War where there were practically no costumed villains to speak of.
>>
>>85460725
>boring edgy villians

ok cool
>>
>>85461223
>wearing a giant purple sock over your head isn't gay
>being a normal person is gay
>>
The only good DCEU villain is Zod and even then it's only because I pretend he was a robot.
>>
Ronan does absolutely not want to take over the world. Arguably neither does Thanos
>>
File: 1454634583085.gif (2MB, 302x347px) Image search: [Google]
1454634583085.gif
2MB, 302x347px
>>85461293
Stane didn't really want revenge, he just wanted control of Stark Industries and to fuck over Tony who despite being a flippant jackass has more inherent talent than Stane could ever hope to posess. It was mostly business with a little bit of Jealousy thrown in.

Loki never wanted revenge, he wanted recognition and to step out of Thor's shadow. He's all about inadequacy.

Maleketh didn't get enough screen time for us to ascertain what the fuck he wanted. He wanted to destroy reality because reasons. I mean sure, he hates Asgard, but he was already on his was to try and destroy reality before Odins dad stopped him and gave him reason to have beef.
>>
>>85462037
>Maleketh didn't get enough screen time for us to ascertain what the fuck he wanted.
He definitely wanted revenge against the Asgardians and his plan that hewas trying to do the first time too, is (I think) to change the matter of the universe to dark matter, because that was its nature when the Elves ruled before the Asgardians.
>>
>>85460777
*helps unhook you*
*throws you back to sea*
>>
>>85460991
nice try Synder
>>
>>85460866
>wrong joker
That's every Joker.
>>
>>85461764
>she uses edgy wrong
>she thinks villains shouldn't be edgy anyway

Wow, neo /co/ folks, love the teen girls brought here by the MCU who know nothing about comics or cartoons
>>
>>85460744
Loki is like a spurned child, lashing out at his parents. He just wants to show he's both worthy of them and can hurt them.
Ronan thought he was better than ghe was.
Thanos wants to keep looking cool in his chair. There's a toilet build in. He doesn't want to leave the motherfucker, but the Avengers have forced him to. Man, that's a cool ass chair. Fucking Avengers.
>>
>>85460947
>Our children will grow up scared and in pain
Why would Zod want that? Why would any leader want that?
>we have to share the planet
Why would Zod want that? Ar best Zod see Humanity as retarded apes .
>>
>>85460725
>Luthor
>No godly force should go unchecked, we must prevent an invasion w/ Peach Tea Pee
top kek
>>
>>85461515
Darkseid is more
>turn Life into a living hell and have everyone worship me
>>
Can someone explain all this movie shitposting to me? I mean, as a comic book fan I look forward to almost all comic book movies, and mostly enjoy them even if they're not really good.

Actually, SS and BvS are the only ones I did not enjoy.

And, DC fans, I get it. The latest dc movies are mediocre at best and the dceu is lacklustre.
But why do Marvel fans shitpost like that? You guys get to have good mcu movies, good x movies, and good spidey movies. There's no reason to shitpost.
>>
>>85462411
That's pretty much what taking over things is.
>>
>>85462424
Squeaky wheel, the DCEU badly needs fixing, shitposting is basically the squeaking, well that and the reviews and minimal profits.
For the moment all the DCEU is is actors cosplaying as DC characters but in a shitty Snyder script or something, at the least BvS bombed hard enough that people noticed an old interview where he wanted Bats to be raped in prison. Given there's actually an ass shot of Bruce in the ultimate cut I'm guessing Snyder still wanted to write that in somewhere along the line.
>>
>>85462411
Yeah, but it's still just a form of "take over the world" motivation. I mean, what you just described is pretty much Ganondorf from the legend of Zelda series.
>>
>>85461071
>implying Zemo wasn't written as a complete OC

Villians on the CW get better treatment than that poor bastard
>>
The difference between Marvel flicks and DC avant-garde kino is comparable to the difference between some fast-food place and a haute-cuisine restaurant.

Marvel flicks are following the same formula over and over. It's the same shit, it doesn't matter the shape of the burger bread, which sauce or how many steaks there is. A burger is a fucking burger.

Marvel is the McDonald of cinema.

On the other hand, DC films ask the audience to question themselves, to challenge themselves beyond their usual beliefs.
Each movie is like a meal prepared by Chef Snyder, you never know what to expect, each one being unique and different.
In the end you remain baffled by how deep the movie is and you begin to see things differently on some points.

Snyder makes the characters go further their usual conviction, he adds a whole new dimension to them like a chef would add a new ingredient to transform his work.

Snyder's vision makes BvS pure capekino, he gives to the original comic medium a whole new meaning.

White Marvel flicks are popcorn flicks, DC films are on the other hand... Diamond absolutes.
>>
>>85462461
>>85462583
Wll that's cayse Darkseid is petty much the God of taking things over. That and the god of comfy seating.
>>
>>85462608
>Marvel is McDonald's

This may be the most accurate description
>>
>>85460794
What people don't get about Zod is that his actions are defined by his genes. If he never considered trying to make peace with humans, it is because he was specifically bred to be a soldier. That's why it was such a big deal that Clark had free will. He's a really tragic character and, imo, better than any non-TV MCU villain.
>>
>>85460997
Did you watch the same movie I did? Because it ended with Ross and Banner on semi-understanding terms, and he lets Banner go.
>>
>>85462655
Yeah, and DC is Denny's.
>>
>>85460997
>People will probably say "Well Yellowjacket killed a guy in the bathroom!". Killing does not in itself mean much, it's why MCU heroes can kill and you don't care, it's about tone and attitude, that scene came off as being funny more than anything, not something evil
I strongly disagree. The reason that scene worked so well was because of his tone and attitude. He was so petty and disposed of the guy's remains in the most blase way possible.
>>
>>85460872
>Ross
>Villain
>>
>>85462764
Well ,his genes also defined that his actions should look for the good of his people, but he condemned them for insignificant reasons, when compared to survival.
>>
>>85462764
>TV MCU villain
Those are complete shit anyway, so.
>>
>>85462853
That is also a perfect analogy. Dennys is good 24 hours a day
>>
>>85462908
Your taste literally sucks.
>>
>>85462908
>going to anything but Popeye's
It's like you don't like actually good fast food.
>inb4 LE NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER
All that would tell me is that black people have better taste than you faggots do.
>>
>>85462927
Did you know Dennysâ„¢ has new Fluffierâ„¢ Vanillerâ„¢ Pancakesâ„¢? Try them at your local Dennysâ„¢!
>>
>>85462335
Ha ha, us male guys, amirite fellas?
>>
>>85462608
>DC fans
https://youtu.be/4Qa6QXBxxWw
>>
File: 1470237312854.jpg (283KB, 903x916px) Image search: [Google]
1470237312854.jpg
283KB, 903x916px
>>85460725
I always wondered if you d.c.ucks are just trolling or are so brain dead autustic you actually like the d.c. movies. But you liked d.c. comics. Literally superman will show up and punch out the final boss the comics
>>
>>85462608
>This Armond White bullshit
I liked BVS, but I'm really tired of this kino bullshit.
>>
File: you did good anon.jpg (24KB, 301x267px) Image search: [Google]
you did good anon.jpg
24KB, 301x267px
>>85462940
>liking Popeye's
You sir, are a connoiseur.
>>
>>85463149
I wish I could go back in time and erase TDKR. Christ, the for you meme brought the worst parts of /tv/ down on /co/'s head.
>>
>>85462380
The children won't be any more scared or in pain than Clark is, so no worse than a regular child. As for "retarded apes," considering the history of colonialism in the world more powerful people have never had an issue taking over "inferior" people and living on their land. Just build a giant New Kandor or whatever with slave labor.
>>
>>85460725
>>No godly force should go unchecked, we must prevent an invasion

He doesnt care about that. He doesnt want anyone with more power than him, that's all. NOT A SINGLE VERSION OF LUTHOR EVER has cared about protecting the world aside from earth 3
>>
>>85460991
this
>>
File: 1470838661273s.jpg (4KB, 117x125px) Image search: [Google]
1470838661273s.jpg
4KB, 117x125px
>>85462608
>>
>>85463280
Clark had a loving mother,whose name is Martha dontcha know, to calm him down from his super autism.
>>
>>85463383
That never happened on screen. The implication is that he was just a regular kid with super strength. Also Faora and Zod are there and I'm assuming the robots on the ship that can create Doomsday can handle raising a few kids.
>>
>>85463280
Anon, those colonists tend to wipe out the indigenous people.
>>
>>85460997
>t's about tone and attitude, that scene came off as being funny more than anything, not something evil

Yeah except DCEU hinges on it not being true. That';s why we get a bunch of "HE SAVED THE WORLD REMEMBER THE SEVEN BILLION" autists that ignore tone and context and attitude being dour and pyhrric as fuck.

Or does this only apply to villains because of a juvenile need to constantly be """""serious""""""?

Except oh wait we have a campy as fuck Lex mincing around and that's supposedly deep and profound. The double standards are so blatant it's not even fun to argue about anymore.
>>
>>85463424
>that never happened on screen
Yeah it did.
>>
>>85463447
>ingbore the context
The context is that Clark just saved the world.
>>
>>85462608
I agree. Marvel is a burger.
And I'd take a delicious burger over an overcooked steak smothered in ketchup and presented as haute-cuisine any day of the week.

DC films ask the audience to question themselves yes. And then when you get the audience's answer, you piss and moan about how it's for fans. And then it's not for fans, when they tell you to fuck off to.

Anyone can do any amount of shit and hide behind the "it's my style" defense. Congratulations on being a movie franchise for the worst dregs of Deviantart.
>>
>>85463280
No, they really don't. Africa and Asia are still mostly indigenous despite colonies. Even in the US the genocide took a long time and was more about pushing the natives off their land versus "GRR KILL THE INFERIOR BEINGS" that usually happens after the empire is established, not before you even have control of the area.
>>
>>85460892
>he doesn't exist outside of time and shit like the religious arguments claim,

Why americans are so ignorant? Your jewish religion isnt the only one with gods
>>
>>85462940
>le popmeme's
I bet you think Five Guys or In n Out is the pinnacle of fast food burgers too, don't you?
>>
>>85463488
Thanks for proving my point.
>>
>>85463505
Meant for
>>85463430
>>
>>85463510
Five Guys is the pinnacle of fries. does that count?
>>
>>85460725
>he's so dumb that he missed the point of GOTG
>GOTG is too smart for op, too complex
Who gets outsmarted by a ids movie?
>>
>>85462608
After seeing BvS extended edition I wholeheartly agree, while not perfect film it's alot of thing to the table.

Why did WB fuck with the theatrical release?
>>
>>85463447
>Except oh wait we have a campy as fuck Lex

Yeah...Lex kidnapped Supermans mom and wrote on her face like in those really degrading close to rapey porns, put a jar of piss on a broads desk before blowing the entire place up by a bomb he put in a chair of a cripple....soooo campy and lighthearted bruv
>>
>>85463505
>pushing natives off the land
That's exactly what Zod is doing. I mean he's not even really attacking us, he's just terraforming the earth and killing all humans is just byproduct.
>>
>>85463584
>Callously killing a coworker and flushing his remains down a toilet is a joke
>MMMMM BOYs, jolly ranchers, and jars of piss are super serious kino
Nigga no one's buying it but other retards.
>>
>>85463557
/tv/.
>>
>>85463505
Things work differently when you can travel hundreds of times faster than sound without even using the ship
>>
>>85463622
Bruv if you actually look at what Lex is doing instead of just posting memes you'll find that lex isn't light or campy.
>>
Since this shit has become console wars, allow me to drop some truth

Marvel is the favorite right now because Marvel panders to trends, it panders to the crowd of people who are only into capeshit because they think it's cool but ultimately do not really care about it, the "girl gamer" stereotypes, the hipsters, the fake geeks, the casuals, etc etc....soon enough, these people will stop caring because for them it's nothing more than a fashion accessory, they are only temporary

On the other hand we have the real "geek" crowd, who we know is ever cynical and ever vigilant against anything trendy or "normie", as time goes on...the once critically acclaimed by people in Disneys pocket and loved by all children and girl hipsters, will be abandoned by those people once the trend is over with and the only people left to judge them will be geeks, and it's not going to be pretty because lots if not most of the MCU movies have BIG problems, the fact that MCU is praised so hard by the mainstream right now while super hero shit is the biggest trend in America is only going to hurt it in the long run....it will be seen as corporate bullshit, and since DC movies get panned by these trendy people and corporate types, they will be seen as cult classics in the future

Mark my fuckin words faggot, Marvelfag prior the appropriation of it by normies BTW
>>
>>85463687
This entire post has so much epic leetspeak in it that I can't possibly take it seriously.

>and since DC movies get panned by these trendy people and corporate types, they will be seen as cult classics in the future
You would have had a chance of that happening if the DCEU came before the social media age.
>>
>>85463622
>>Callously killing a coworker and flushing his remains down a toilet is a joke
It was presented as a joke
>>MMMMM BOYs, jolly ranchers, and jars of piss are super serious kino
It was presented as serious

You missed my point entirely, you retard
>kino
Kill yourself
>>
>>85463660
And like I said. You autists look at the "what" but ignore the tone or presentation when it suits you because your meme requires "DC IS ALWAYS SERIOUS" and "MCU IS ALWAYS A JOKE".

If you look at WHAT Ronan was doing, that's some scary ass shit. But you're from /tv/ so you think the entire movie was one long dance sequence.
>>
>>85463584
>that
>not campy
I bet you think masked faggot from The Purge is not campy too. Actually, he's fucking restrained and subtle compared to BvS Lex.
>>
>>85460725
Way to go not being able to list simple facts.

Loki:
Wants to rule Asgard
Thanos:
Is in love with the physical manifestation of death and is trying to woo her.
Ronan:
Is a rogue terrorist who wants Xandar to pay for perceived slights.
>>
>>85463781
>DC IS ALWAYS SERIOUS
now m8 wait just a minute here. I've been defending the DCEU since MoS and I distinctly remember that being an anti-DCEU line from the MCUnts, back when the fun police was out in full force.
>>
>>85460725
So Marvel uses classic tropes in well crafted, entertaining stories while DC tries to reach higher but fails everytime? Sounds about right.
>>
File: 1457577499901.jpg (72KB, 381x424px) Image search: [Google]
1457577499901.jpg
72KB, 381x424px
>>85463687
Except comic fans like Marvels films too. If you're so desperate to not like things that normies like at all then you're a hipster contrarian prick pure and simple.

People sometimes compare the Marvel films to the Bond films, a series that despite having fuck tons of films is still beloved. I don't think thats an unfair comparison. Marvel will be pumping out films i some fashion or another for a long time, and provided they are entertaining enough, people will watch them.

I enjoyed all three of DCs movies so far, but BvS and SS jn particular have serious pacing issues, plot choices and bad casting decisions that are not merely "people not getting it"

I honestly hope that your post wasn't sincere
>>
>>85463931
>well-crafted
>entertaining
Haha good one
>>
>>85463687
Except when comic fans hate on DC you just screech "not muh" memes and then claim it's not for fans either, it's for art connoisseurs.
>>
>>85463931
>fails everytime
I disagree. I've liked and been entertained by every DCEU movie to date.
>>
>>85463687
If anything it's the other way around. The DCEU is for normies that constantly go "Superman is a gay mary sue! Look at those underwear! He's such a boy scout! Not like Batman! Aquaman? What a joke! He's not badass!"
>>
>>85463917
>I've been defending the DCEU since MoS
Explains why you're a deft hand at revisionist history. Snyderfags have been whining about quips and how thy can finally take Superman "seriously" now that he's in desperate need of some antidepressants since day one.
>>
>ctrl+f Alexander Pierce
>Zero results
>>
>>85464051
I don't know what an Irish cannibal have to do with this thread.
Seriously, though. He was so forgettable the historical figure was the first to come to mind
>>
MCU is for actual kids and adults who want to relax after day's worth of my challenging activities.

DCEU is for autists and manchildren for who watch capes not by choice but because it's their intellectual celling. As a result they crave validation and pretence that a movie about costumed retards punching each other can be deep and philosophical.
>>
>>85464040
If anyone's revising history it's you m8. MoS came out and ot was nothing but
>Superheroes are meant to be fun
>DC is ashamed of Superheroes
>Marvel isn't afraid to be fun
>>
>>85463989
Except when the same comic fans attack Marvel movies it always ends up being the same thing.
>LOL who gives a fuck about the comics?
>>
The weird thing about luthor quoting another guy on god for his motive to kill superman is it implies he views superman as a godlike figure of goodness. Which apparently only a few people believe. So luthor believes in superman more than other people in this universe
>>
>>85464119
You really don't belong on this board
Fuck off to /tv/
>>
>>85463941
>Except comic fans like Marvels films too.
No we don't.
Casuals like Marvel films, comic fans do not.
>>
File: 1456141467338.jpg (34KB, 338x305px) Image search: [Google]
1456141467338.jpg
34KB, 338x305px
>>85464903
>No true Scotsman puts sugar on his porridge

Plenty of comic fans like Marvels movies just fine.
>>
>>85464903
>>Casuals like Marvel films, comic fans do not.
Hahahahahahaha
>>
Zod's your fundamental terrorist bent on destroying the West.

How that's so hard to understand? The movie even had 9/11 imagery.
>>
>>85463520
lol he didn't though
>>
>>85460725
I loved Ronan, Obadiah, Red Skull, Abomination, and HYDRA in general.

Ronan needs to be defended. I loved Gunn's take on Ronan, because it was basically Silver Age Ronan: A bad dude who knows you aren't shit, and will punk you the moment you question it. Ronan's redemption arc was much later, and while I liked it, I love classic over-the-top Ronan.

Also defending based Skull. His scenes were great, but he needed to be in more scenes.
>>
Lex didn't thought Superman was God. People that go on and on about Christian imagery are fucking retards that pick up a few scenes and run with this.

Lex was a myth buff. The same way he compared Superman to God and Lucifer, he also compared him to a bunch of mythological deities like Apollo. He just wanted to show that Superman was acting all saintly and almighty, with people gasping and idolizing him, when the truth was that Superman was far, far from that.

The whole deal was that Lex felt inadequate next to Superman. Lex pretty much see his father in Superman: this mogul that the public thought as a good father and businessman while in reality he was a major ass-hole that abused his son and drove the competition out. Lex eventually managed to over-throne his father and make Lexcorp bigger and better, proving himself superior to his father. He does the same with Superman in the movie.

Actually, DCEU Lex has a lot in common with MCU Loki, now that i think about it.
>>
>>85460725
>Cherry picking
wew lad
>>
>>85460725
Loki
>I am angry because I feel that my Father always loved my brother better, whether it be the crown or magical artifacts, all goes to him while I work hard for nothing. I decide to push the issue when I realize I am adopted and thus will never get what I think I deserve by mere hard work.
Thanos
>I realized that death was the only constant in the universe worth paying attention to, and then discovered that there is a sentient embodiment of death. Now I serve and court Death in hopes that she will take me as her lover.
Ronan
>My father fought in a war with honor and integrity. The bureaucrats called off the war when we could have won it, thus admitting that the reason my father died was flawed and I will not allow his name to be sullied like that.

Luthor
>Daddy touched me, God didn't stop it so I will kill Superman because he reminds me of God because the director loves Jesus imagery.
Joker
>I love mah girl who is better than me in every way, and I will use my obviously more competent henchman to find her for me.
Zod
>I am going to do the biggest thing that could antagonize my one potential rival by trying to destroy his world instead of colonizing Mars and then taking over Earth later with an army of godlike beings.
>>
>>85462178
you're a pretty nice guy
>>
>>85467411
The MCU hasn't really establish Thanos being obsessed with Death.
>>
>>85467411
Why would Zod terraform Mars? He's already on Earth and so is all his equipment.
>>
>>85467411

You can't Terraform Mars, dumbshit.
>>
>>85467902

Why not? They have a magical machine that is capable of altering a planet's environment, gravity, and change the planet's topography as part of the 'terraforming' process. Why can't they do that on another planet like Mars.

>>85467620
Because the one person that could potentially stop him is Superman, and Zod noticed that A: Superman has feelings for the humans and B: Was willing to help them if it meant world peace.

He could have easily chosen another planet, started new Krypton there, and then taken over earth and all the other planets in the solar system with his new breed of soldier cast kryptonians.
>>
loki was daddy issues shit. we don't know shit about thanos. ronan was a religious extremist
>>
>>85468506

Because Jor-El said that you've to build on something. There has to be a foundation.

Also Mars has no internal dynamo and almost no magnetic field. The planet as it is now can barely hold a thin atmosphere and certainly cannot have liquid water on its surface.

This is basic knowledge, m8.
>>
>>85460783
Ronan's goal was fucking genocide.
>>
>>85467481
for you
>>
>>85468624
He has terraforming magic bullshit.
He could easily build a new world on mars.
>>
>>85468506

You're forgetting that Zod was a religious extremist and a fanatical with grandeur of leadership.

He considered Kal-El existence an abomination because in Krypton's society it was forbidden to have sex and have babies the normal way, which was something Jor and Lara did and what Kal represented.

He also needed the Codex, which was stored inside Kal's DNA, because that represented the kryptonians genetic line, which is something Zod needed and wanted to control.

He also gave no fuck about humans and Earth's cultures. They were nothing. What mattered was to bring back Krypton how it was, the way it was. No compromising bullshit. No integration bullshit. Zod was basically a jihadist wanting to topple the West and implement Sharia law.
>>
>>85468624
There is a foundation on Mars, it's just that it would have taken something seriously high tech to fix it to livable. Zod was using BS "sufficiently advanced" technology that was capable of altering the magnetic pull and gravity of the entire planet. He had a device that was actually affecting our planet's core. It almost certainly could have done the job, but he chose to stay on earth because he went from 'mah people' to 'make you suffer' in .05 seconds.
>>
>>85468824

>It almost certainly could have done the job, but he chose to stay on earth because he went from 'mah people' to 'make you suffer' in .05 seconds.

Why would he not Terra-Form Earth when he was already here? Specially when he was dealing with an abomination that needed to be wiped out?
>>
>>85468506
>Superman could stop him
Logically no he couldn't because Zod had an army of kryptonians with him. As far as Zod and the gangs is concerned Kal-el is a defect.
>>
>>85460725

In BvS it is revealed that parts of the earth that were terraformed are what became kryptonite.

So i dont get it does that mean that if he terraformed Earth completely that the whole planet wouldve turned into a giant ball of Krrrryptonite?

Also, did the terraformed parts ( the pieces that were kryptonite in BvS) become kryptonite immediately? And if so does that mean that Clark was not only standing under the pressure of a gravity beam but he was also standing on top of kryptonite and he was still able to fly through the machine??

If so than why did the kryptonite affect him in BvS?

I guess it would only make sense that because the Terraformer didnt complete its job the land was only partially converted and maybe thats why it ended up being kryptonite..and had it been fully converted then it wouldve just ended up being regular,safe Krypton.

Having said that...MoS was DC's only good EU movie
Also..
DCEU sounds like DC ewwwww
>>
>>85468506
Superman may have feeling for humanity have for Humans but Zod doesn't give a fuck. Why go through the effort of moving his shit for one ubtrained Kryptonian and some primitive assholes?
>>
>>85462368
Thanos is aizen?
>>
>>85468926

You can see that in MoS Superman was weak and in pain when he entered Zod's Black Zero ship with it's artificial Kryptonian atmosphere. Krypton's atmosphere was actually harmful for Superman, because he had time to adjust to Earth's atmosphere.

So yeah, that's where the kryptonite came from.
>>
>>85468926
Anon, stop thinking and just enjoy the Jesus symbology and grim and gritty world. Well thought out comics are boring because they don't have enough people getting raped, murdered, or having sex to be interesting.
>>
>>85469295

The movies were well-thought out. You just don't like them.
>>
>>85469289
I totally get that the K came from the terraformer its just im confused as to why the terraformer would turn Earth into a radioactive substance harmful to Kryptonians even though the terraformer was designed by Kryptonians.

Maybe they didnt know much of Earth..i think that seems likely. Jor-El was probably the only guy who researched Earth.

But man Zod wouldve looked like a total fool if New Krypton just ended up becoming a giant ball of kryptonite and killed him and everyone else ( this is assuming Superman had failed)

As for the ship and atmosphere, that made sense, so I have no questions in regards to that
>>
>>85469536

Okay, let me try to explain.

In the movie Krypton was more dense and had a different atmosphere.

Superman came to Earth as a baby and because of that and the sun's wavelength bathing his cells managed to adjust to Earth's atmosphere.

Meanwhile Zod & Crew kept themselves isolated inside their ships and suits that shielded them from the sun's wavelength and Earth's atmosphere. Their ship also produced Krypton's atmosphere.

Superman when he entered Zod's ship felt weak and in pain because his body was cut off from the sun and never breathed Krypton's atmosphere.

Zod & Crew eventually were affected by the sun's wavelength during the fights, because their suits were damaged, and thanks to that gained powers being able to also adjust to Earth's atmosphere.

In BvS kryptonite was like the toxic shit that powered their terra-forming technology. It's like being inside Chernobyl.
>>
>>85463510
>not liking in n out
Come on amigo
>>
>>85460774
So, you didn't see the movie then? Or are you just stupid?
>>
>>85460777
More idiots. Joker was taunting him with how sexy Harley was, because he knew if he tried to touch her Joker would kill him. The joke is he killed him anyway.
>>
>>85469295

Oh right, the ingredients that make " kino"
>>
>>85462893
But he took the only actions he could. It would never occur to him to find a non-aggressive option.
>>
>>85469329
They made no sense and were terrible. You were just too busy enjoying the dildo ships, Jesus imagery, and emo Superman to realize you were being fed shit.
>>
>>85469849

Whatever. You're dumb-dumb.
>>
File: indigo_montoya.jpg (57KB, 330x282px) Image search: [Google]
indigo_montoya.jpg
57KB, 330x282px
>>85461189
>Indigo Montoya
>>
>>85469670

Ok so youre saying that Kryptonite was not formed of the terraformed Earth bits.

That kryptonite was what kryptonians used to power their tech? Or at the very least, the terraformer? Sorta like plutonium?

Ok, was that explained in BvS? I don't recall that but i couldve missed it. I thought they explained it was found in the ocean were the terraformer was and i thought they said the kryptonite was bits of earth that were converted.

But i could be wrong its been awhile since i saw BvS
>>
>>85460859
>calling DC lebbit
Civil War is literally Lebbit.

If you liked Civil War, you are not welcome on 4chan
>>
>>85469998
>you killed my father, purple to die.
>>
>>85470064

>Ok, was that explained in BvS?

The big rock that Lex tried to get from the Pacific Ocean was found inside the damaged World Engine. The kryptonite was what powered it.
>>
File: tumblr_nnx2etNnmA1rdsfeao5_400.gif (1MB, 371x176px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nnx2etNnmA1rdsfeao5_400.gif
1MB, 371x176px
i was hoping for this picture to show up at the end of that OP image
>>
>>85470285

So it was inside the engine, ok i missed that.

So Superman punched through the engine and past Kryptonite and had enough strength to get to Zod and ultimately kill him.

His powers seem so inconsistent then if he is so badly beat by Batman in BvS.

Even at super speed the way they play Kryptonite being the key to killing Superman in BvS, I'd figure that as he flew past it inside the terraformer it would slow him down enough to hurt him and lead to his death cause hed be weak and unable to fly and break through the otherside of the terraformer.

I mean when Affleck hits Superman mid air with the K gas it totally stops Superman and he drops.
>>
>>85460725
Autistic Kingpin is the best MCU villain and he's not even cinematic
>>
>>85468926
>DCEU sounds like DC ewwwww
There might be a reason for that.
>>
>>85465270
Well let's see. My point was that Snyderfags will ignore tone and presentation and focus on "HE SAVED THE WORLD" and his response was "he saved the world tho".

Yeah. Sure showed me by doing the exact thing I said he was gonna do.
>>
>>85470663

Superman mostly fought the World Engine gravitational pull in MoS. He almost died, too.
>>
>>85470168
>I WANT MY FATHER BACK, YOU PLUM OF A BITCH!
>>
>>85467595
But literally the first time we see him it's in response to the line "To wage war with humanity is to court death" and then we see him have a "that makes me moist" grin.
>>
>>85469775
>But he took the only actions he could.
what about Mars? same solar system, similar atmosphere that can be changed, plus no need to genocide an entire race.
>>
>>85470110
>/co/ hates Civil War now

you guys are pretty wishy washy
>>
File: count_rougen.jpg (60KB, 528x368px) Image search: [Google]
count_rougen.jpg
60KB, 528x368px
>>85470168
>>85470847
>count_rougen
>>
>>85470820

Yea and thats what so confusing.

MoS: able to survive a kryptonite powered terraformer and its gravity beam, and get the strength to fly through said beam, into the terraformer, past kryptonite and then fly out of the terraformer. Then goes on to fight and kill Zod, a kryptonian soldier.

BvS: Is floored by kryptonite gas, and was tossed around like a ragdoll and was almost killed by Batman, a human in a metal suit.

It seems so..dumb. why couldnt he fly through the gas? Why is a gas version of K stronger than a pure chunk of it? If the gas was stronger than a pure chunk than whyd it wear off so quickly? Why didnt it just kill him?

Somehow he's weaker in BvS?
>>
>>85471304
>Somehow he's weaker in BvS?
It's really simple. He's weaker in BvS because people complained that he didn't even get his hair mussed up by the terraformer and the fight with Zod.

So Snyder and WB, missing the point entirely, said "Okay, we'll have him constantly job, fail, and die at the end!"
>>
>>85463557
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8ohTJp3PAA
>>
>>85471105
Ignore that guy. He's from /tv/ and they have to be contrarian. They hate Nolan Batman now too outside of the Big Guy meme because too many 'normies' like it.

That's a great way to spot them too by the way. /co/mrades say 'casual' rather than normie or reddit memes.
>>
>>85463457
And God was it a terrible scene or what?

Superhero movies are fun and all but it's not like any of them are exceptionally great movies.
>>
>>85471399
Nah nigga, Ledger's Joker gets a shit ton of praise there. The general consensus is that DKR is overrated
>>
>>85471475
Not really, I found it touching to be honest.
>>
File: 1469135355149.png (904KB, 1919x1079px) Image search: [Google]
1469135355149.png
904KB, 1919x1079px
>>85460725
>we must prevent an invasion
>resurrect the alien invader

>I choose to embody chaos
>Plans for everything including his own defeat
>obsessed over a bitch

>I need to save my dying race
>Finishes off his dying race
>>
>>85471047
I think you mean no opportunity to genocide another race. Zod found what he was after on Earth, he had no reason to leave and not terraform the planet he was already on. The death of billions of beings he considered animals didn't even factor into his decision.
>>
>>85471304
Why are you assuming everything the terraformer did was kryptonite-based? It wasn't made of the stuff.
>>
>>85473152
There was literally no reason to teraform at all
>>
>>85469727
>There's totally all this implied shit, you guys! Defending BvS isn't a /tv/ meme, I really mean it!
>>
>>85460725
Zod
>destroy the world
Joker
>destroy the world
Luthor
>take over the world

Yeah, nice try asshole.
>>
>>85460725

Their motivations on paper are interesting and involved, it's why characters like joker and Luthor are so timeless and varied. However, that doesn't mean they weren't all still written like garbage men in their respective movies plagued with editing and directorial issues.
>>
>>85469751

That's a really bad joke.
>>
>>85460725
>joker having an ideology

kys you Nolan cocksucking queermonger
>>
>>85473179

>>85470285 said that in BvS they said something like the world engine had kryptonite inside it. They said it is what powered the engine.

So it kinda looks like it was based around kryptonite.

May not have been made of K but it was powered by it.

My point is also that even if the K didnt do anything and it was just inside the engine for no reason, Superman still flew through the engine PAST the K and it didnt stop him. Yet in BvS he falls mid jump because Affleck hit him with the K gas.

He was able to fly past a pure ammount of kryptonite but wasnt able to withstand any ammount of it in BvS.

Actually i guess he did fly with it...

So whats the deal here?

The gas floors him but being near a whole chunk of the stuff doesnt mess with him?

That doesnt make any sense.
>>
>>85460777
>He wanted a black guy to fuck his girlfriend

the fuck are you talking about. Did you even see SS?
>>
>>85460725
>Zod
>>My planet needs me, I need to save my dying race
can't relate
>Joker
>>Nothing in the world is of value, there fore I choose to embody chaos
can't relate because I am not crazy or edgy
>Luthor
>>No godly force should go unchecked, we must prevent an invasion
can't relate

>Loki
>>Take over the world XD
>Thanos
>>Take over the world XD
>Ronan
>>Take over the world XD
can relate, at least once everyone has dreamt about ruling the world

so basically Marvel has the most human heroes and also the most human villains
>>
>>85460725
Thanos is trying to kill half of all life in the universe.

Why don't you pick up a comic book instead of baiting
>>
>>85473694
But lolrandom edge luthor made a guy drink pee! That's obviously 2deep4u marveldrone! DC is so deep and understands my tortured hot topic sensibilities

DC FOREVER
>>
>>85462178
*draws sword* if you keep posting roleplay shit here i'll make you regret it
>>
>>85460725
The Joker wasn't even the real villain of SS, nor was he even really set up to be. The real villain was Amanda Waller.

Anyway, if DC were smart, they'd realize that the MCU has almost never had any really good villains and see that a fair bit of superhero comic book readers think that their villains are superior to Marvel's and take advantage of that, providing their villains with deeper characterizations and motivations in their movies, and doing more with them than just killing them off at the end.

Actually they've kinda already at least tried to do that, since Luthor survived the end of BvS and then there's the entirety of Suicide Squad.

But then WB also seems incapable of actually making a good movie, so there's that as well anyway.
>>
File: 1458793927439.png (428KB, 1008x1584px) Image search: [Google]
1458793927439.png
428KB, 1008x1584px
>>85460725
>Thanos
>Take over the entire universe
>Loki
>at first cause mischief and just fuck with everyone, then find out you're adopted and lash out and want daddy's throne
>Ronan
>wants to exterminate the jews

nice try DamageControl shill

maybe i'll update the image with BvS's lower score and Suicide Squad's 27% lel
>>
>>85475215
Ronan did nothing wrong.
Also we're not sure if Thanos wants to be a ruler or just wants to fuck Death. I'm thinking the latter, since they're already on such a hot streak why veer away from giving the comic fans what they want and expect?
>>
>>85469727
He's literally trying to kill Superman for the purpose of killing Superman.
Thread posts: 222
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.