[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What happened to Wally, I'm sure I'm out of the loop

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

File: sadfs.jpg (95KB, 620x320px) Image search: [Google]
sadfs.jpg
95KB, 620x320px
What happened to Wally, I'm sure I'm out of the loop but I stopped by a comic shop today and got some Flash comics and noticed that lovable ole' Wally West came into a surprising amount of melanin... Also when did Iris black? Can someone explain this?
>>
>>85452636
Don't worry, ginger Wally is back and black Wally was retconned to be his cousin
>>
So how long before /pol/ invades this thread?
>>
>>85452748
I hope nigger Wally gets some more development. I'm liking his Rebirth personality.
>>
>>85452748
Cousi- but how? I'm no geneticist but....
>>
File: tw0.jpg (54KB, 420x404px) Image search: [Google]
tw0.jpg
54KB, 420x404px
>>85452997
Anything is possible Anon
>>
File: OjMY96R.jpg (32KB, 433x178px) Image search: [Google]
OjMY96R.jpg
32KB, 433x178px
>>85452997
that's right, you aren't a geneticist. so either google it and see that it's possible, or shut it
>>
>>85452997
Why are you confused? Biracial kids don't always literally take a mixed tone. Look at Obama.
>>
>Also when did Iris black?

Iris was never black in the comics.
>>
>>85452887

He def seems like he is. luckily. I was terrified of how they'd deal with both Wallys but they've seemed to thread that needle which is super impressive
>>
>>85452997
One of Iris' siblings married a black person and they named their kid after Iris' dad.
>>
>>85452997
I'm white and one of my cousins is black, it happens
>>
>>85453758
Truth is that Black Wally was never that bad and people only hated him because DC transparently introduced him via cheap synergy to shut people up who wanted Wally back.

Luckily based Johns saved us and both Wallys can exist as their own characters.
>>
>>85454359
No, people hated him because he was some generic black delinquent.
>>
>>85454359
>>85454443

it was both, badly shoe horned for TV sync and badly written and drawn.

I'm super happy he's getting another chance
>>
Also, seriously, how fucked up is the West family that there are two people named Wally?
>>
>>85454359
>>85454476

But doesn't black Wally pre-date the CW Flash?
>>
>>85454500
They're both named for the same common ancestor.
What's crazier is that when the JSA comes back there's going to be 4 guys running around called The Flash. One Barry Allen, Two Jay Garricks, and Two Wally Wests with one being called Kid Flash.
>>
File: hot slick retcon action.jpg (85KB, 582x440px) Image search: [Google]
hot slick retcon action.jpg
85KB, 582x440px
>>85454500
Surprisingly not at all.

Though we still don't know about Irey and Jai. They might just be retconned out. Wally hasn't mentioned them, even in the DCU one-shot where he was recounting his history. Irey was in one panel (the shot from Flash Rebirth 1.0) but the text didn't acknowledge her.
>>
>>85454500

they're named after a common older relative named Wallace, which is a nice little retcon.

>>85454529

nah, they were in season 1 I think

>>85454632

I'm hoping after Linda he remembers them. It's worrisome though bc I don't trust DC to have a family hero
>>
>>85454359
Which is odd because most people seemed fine with nick fury becoming black to follow the movies. Maybe its because he was such a perfect casting choice i dunno
>>
>>85454529
Not by enough.
Like Glasgow Smile Joker from Azzarello's Joker OGN predating The Dark Knight.
Someone knew what was going to happen.
Joe and Iris were black, so of course Wally would be too.
>>
>>85454529
Might have been before the show actually went on the air but the casting for Iris and Joe was announced
>>
>>85454663
Yeah I feel like DC just didn't want him to have kids so they're just retconned out. We'll see though.
>>
>>85454663
>I don't trust DC to have a family hero
Superman's doing alright so far.
>>
>>85454500
The only weird thing now is that Daniel West would have had to have impregnated some chick when he was like 13.
>>
>>85454827

All timeline problems/inconsistencies are Dr Manhattan's fault
>>
>>85454801
Jon will end up in the same pile and Cir-El and Chris. And even Kon if we're being serious.
>>
Black Wally is now Wallace
>>
>>85454885
I don't think so.
This isn't Marvel where they sell their children's souls to the devil so they can be single again.
>>
>>85455037
Nah DC loves writing kids out, just without character assassination most of the time.
>>
>>85454885

Remember when Kon was on that first Rebirth teaser and everyone (me) got all excited?!!?

maybe he'll also show in legion
>>
>>85454500
Wally was always short for Wallace m8
>>
>>85455104
Hows the wife and kid
Also wedding special fucking when
>>
>>85455208
>Bartfags want Legion to save him
>Konfags want Legion to save him
>Jonfags will probably want Legion to save him

>Legion might not even be able to save themselves

wew
>>
Black Wally is now Wally's nephew and the black Wests are now a side branch of the West family tree, with the two Wallies named after a dead relative with the name
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.