[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Be honest, are we really okay with Disney's slow power creep

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: wewuzdiz.jpg (157KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
wewuzdiz.jpg
157KB, 960x540px
Be honest, are we really okay with Disney's slow power creep monopolization?

I can even see them gaining Spiderman and even Star Trek in the next 50 or so years.
>>
>>85448744
They already got Spidy and noone cares about the newer Star Trek.
>>
>>85448744
As long as they keep putting out quality, I don't give a damn.
>>
>>85448744
Consider a totalitarian dictatorship that makes the lives of the people living there paradise.

Also nice dubs
>>
Even if we weren't, can we stop it?

One day the entire world will be run by Disney and WalMart.
>>
I want a bigger American Empire.
>>
>>85448744
At least they're completely clueless when it comes to interactive media, which is kind of mind-boggling.
>>
>>85448744

They cant get star trek completely so they wont want it. CBS has TV rights, Paramount has film rights. Disney milks all their shit. If they cant put in TV, books, video games, toys, parks and so on, they get a bit miffed. Star trek isn't valuable to them because of this.

I could see disney getting nintendo though. Mario, zelda, pokemon, all that shit. Its a brand that has values and stayed to its core like disney, Im sure they want it.
>>
>>85451500
I for one welcome our new DisMart overlords
>>
>>85448856
This.
>>
>>85448744
>Be honest, are we really okay with Disney's slow power creep monopolization?
That's not Disney's problem. They haven't tried to harm their rivals, their rivals are just shooting themselves in both feet.
>>
I find it weird that Disney World has no bugs. It's in the middle of a swamp and there are no bugs. Someone told them that DDT is illegal, right?
>>
>>85448744
Something will happen and Disney will fuck up. It happened in the 80's, it happened in the mid-2000s, and it will happen again.
>>
>>85448744
Of course I'm not. It strangles originality and is the main reason why franchises continue to extend their rule over entertainment

Blame the FCC
>>
>>85453399
Dude, there are bugs all over the place, especially cockroaches, they're just really good at hiding and usually just come out when it's dark and nobody's around.
>>
>>85452533
>I could see disney getting nintendo though
Yeah no
Considering Japan's xenophobia I cannot ever see Nintendo selling out to a foreign business.

Especially since Nintendo is just rolling in money and has no need for it.
>>
>>85452533
>>85455539
Isn't there some domestic Japanese law that says that a Japanese company can never be bought out by a foreign one?
>>
File: BORG.jpg (66KB, 450x338px) Image search: [Google]
BORG.jpg
66KB, 450x338px
i just dont like how they treat Pixar, it's their yet another piggy bank

>Finding Dory
>Cars3
>Toy Story 4
>Incredibles 2(i'm ok with that one)
>>
>>85453294
This. Years ago I was on full anti-Disney mode and cheered for its competitors when they showed potential.

But now that Disney's getting the hang on quality again and the competitors are screwing up themselves, it's their fault alone.
>>
>>85455539
People imagine Nintendo is some young company that's always been tied to videogames.

Nintendo's been around since before Walt Disney was born.
>>
>>85456182
That's John Lasseter's fault. The guy whose name is synonymous with Pixar.
>>
File: ehsTocE.jpg (268KB, 543x768px) Image search: [Google]
ehsTocE.jpg
268KB, 543x768px
I, for one, welcome our new mouse overlords. Dissent will be crushed and by Disney's (pbuh) great will we will be the happiest place on earth.
>>
>>85457194

i have mixed feeling about him, sure he saved disney but then let tht happen. oh well, i dont know how business works.
>>
>>85456125
I don't know if it's a law, but it's definitely a thing.

>>85457162
Yeah and it has more interests than video games
>>
>>85455539
Nintendo's been in the talks of making movies though, and I could see them picking up those rights

Though that's debatable, bloody Legendary Entertainment (The Dark Knight Trilogy guys)picked up Pokemon movie rights and is now making a detective Pikachu movie
>>
File: 1459609311669.jpg (1010KB, 3112x3461px) Image search: [Google]
1459609311669.jpg
1010KB, 3112x3461px
How long until the mega corporations like G&E and Disney and Comcast decided "to hell with it" and abolish the idea of nations?
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.