[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How did Wakanda keep colonial powers out before technology advanced

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 112
Thread images: 11

File: image.png (43KB, 671x465px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
43KB, 671x465px
How did Wakanda keep colonial powers out before technology advanced to the point where vibranium could be utilized?
>>
>>85436372
The black panther.
>>
>>85436372
Vibranium could ALWAYS be utilized.
>>
>>85436372
Ethiopia did it
>>
>>85436372
Natural barriers.
>>
>>85436557
Well until Italy.

>>85436372
Being super advanced for no real reason. Then not giving any tech to anybody else.
>>
>>85436372
They were hidden, even then they were well guarded with traps and anyone that got too close never lived to tell about what they saw. Panther God magic, traps, hilariously well-disciplined warriors, and vibranium primitive weapons fucked up anyone they met.
>>
Editorial fiat. It's the same force that allowed a country run by black people to actually become successful instead of being just another third-world shithole.
>>
So this tumblr kid isn't aware of Hatut Hunter, the only white man in Wakanda.
>>
>>85436372

I can't see even a slight link to comics/cartoons in this thread.
>>
>>85436668
If these guys were so advanced, why didn't they help their neighboring, less advanced tribesmen?
>>
>>85436702
African countries have a tendency to hate each other.
>>
>>85436702
Tribalism
>>
>>85436702
>help
The word you're looking for is conquer/exterminate.
>>
>>85436700
Wakanda is a fictional African city in the Marvel universe, known for being the home of Black Panther. They're also known for hating outsiders to the point of refusing to share the cure for cancer.
>>
>>85436372
>image
The fuck is this about?
>>
So the black panther is literally the WE WUZ KINGZ meme made come to life?
>>
>>85436702
>Why didn't a group of humans help out another group, who face the same hardships and are similar to them in every way save a few small differences?
>>
>>85436753
When non white nations do it it's cultural enrichment
>>
>>85436702
Xenophobia plus massive superiority complex
>>
>>85436782
Yes
>>
>>85436760
WEWUZ hallucinating about African superiority because Wakanda is badass on movies.
>>
>>85436813
Ah right...
This is why I failed my White Guilt course.
>>
>>85436782
No. This joke had really deteriorated. It's about false historical claims, now idiots apply it to everything with a black person.
>>
>>85436372
>When THEY do it, it's WRONG
>When WE do it, it's RIGHT

Liberals need to be gassed.
>>
I have no problem with what OP proposes. but i want white nations to be able to do the same then.
>>
>>85436906
DAS RACISS
>>
>>85436372
Troll threads everywhere today. Jesus...

Anyway, the problem with the thinking in OP's pic, is that it challenges racism with racism. IF you want to combat something, you can't adopt it's principles and say "HOW DO YOU LIKE IT!?!?!?!" it just doesn't work.
Actually, that's the principle lesson in comic books, and the reason a lot of heroes put up with a lot of bullshit and also refuse to kill dangerous villains, It's because stooping to their level makes you no better than them.

Ironic, because that's actually what anti racism is SUPPOSED to be about. No one is better than anyone else. The sad thing is that the way this was ultimately accomplished was by EVERYONE adopting racism, lol. So now anti racists are just as racist as racists themselves.

It's actually pretty fucking funny.

Short version: If you want to combat racism, the best way is to say "I'm above that shit" and be inclusive. Not to say "NO WYTEZ ALLLLOW'D!!!!!" and then rant about it on social media. That's just letting a little too much of your ape side show.
>>
File: 1470191821466.gif (2MB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1470191821466.gif
2MB, 400x400px
>>85436372
>Black pride

>We have lots of advanced shit but other black people can fuck off because they aren't in our tribe
>>
>>85436372
Wakanda needs some diversity. This is just racism and it will not stand in 2016 Anno Domini (oops, I meant Current Era, we don't want to offend anyone even though we'll use the same dates as Christians).
>>
>>85436968
You're a little late to the party. Liberals have been pushing the "you can't be racist against whites or sexist against men" rhetoric for some time now. "Inclusive" means "excluding white males." "Racist" and "sexist" mean "that white guy I don't like." Welcome to the current year.
>>
>>85436372
Tell me again that diversity isn't anti-white
>>
>>85436986
Maybe import some blonde chicks to Wakanda.
>>
>>85437067
No, I think they need lots and lots of Middle Eastern men.
>>
>>85436976
thats the most realistic depction of an African culture actually
>>
>>85437067
Nah. How about we import mostly 15-25 year old white men from I don't know Ukraine, I'm sure Wakanda would open borders right away. Seeing how no one is illegal and all.
>>
>>85436372

Wakanda has had technology to defeat firearms for centuries.
>>
>>85436372
>closing borders is okay when black people do it

Okay.

Also, repost of a repost of a repost.
>>
>>85436372
I thought that tumblr post was supposed to be satire on the BLM movement. Then I kept on reading it.
>>
>>85437115
Which is why the notion of "black pride" is hilarious.
>>
>>85436702
why did european/asian nations keep trying to conquer each other?
>>
>>85436372
How have these people not yet realised that class trumps race and sex? A poor man will have more in common with a poor woman than a rich man. A poor black man will have more in common with a poor white man than a rich black man.
>>
>>85437174
To build manpower to challenge French blob.
>>
>>85437205
>How have these people not yet realised that class trumps race and sex?

They got duped by academics using identity politics to deflect from class issues. Since, you know, most academics tend to be upper class.
>>
>>85436372
>tumblr

You did it to yourself anon. Nothing that uses buzzwords like "white nonsense" and "white faves" is worth reading. There's nothing fucking controversial about a country repelling invaders when Ethiopia managed it for centuries until the Italians rolled them, this is not some grand statement about blackness because a country in Africa is majority black like fucking all of them,this is just Tumblr looking for stupid shit to get mad about. Anyone who practices their politics through fandom is a degenerate whose internet should be disconnected.
>>
>>85437262
It doesn't, they work independently but it's a lot easier to complain on Twitter until they make Captain America black and pretend that matters in the slightest than it is to actually address questions of economics and education so they focus on "diversity."
>>
>>85437174
Why didn't Wakanda conquer all of Africa?
>>
File: Panther_What I must.jpg (464KB, 1985x771px) Image search: [Google]
Panther_What I must.jpg
464KB, 1985x771px
>>85436372

>Keep white people out of Wakanda

Yeah no shit the vast majority of the cast is going to be black, but i'll be damned if anyone on fucking Tumblr will have the gull to act superior to anyone in the entire fucking world.

Also, Kasper Cole should be in it as the token white guy
>>
>>85437444

How large of a country is Wakanda anyway? It can't be super small because if you have closed borders you don't want to limit your population/genetic potential.

Then you'd just end up with a population which has a shit ton of health problems because everyone is within 3 generations of each other's genetics
>>
>>85437444
Africa is poor so there's no reason to conquer it.
>>
>>85437618
>not conquering just because you can
>>
>>85436372

Kirby magic shit.
>>
>>85437655
>shooting yourself in the foot just because you can
>>
>>85437544
It's the size of New Jersey actually.
>>
>>85436702

Wakanda is one of the most xenophobic countries in the marvel comic universe
>>
>>85437544
I love this memescience bullshit. Really makes you appreciate it as something you can tell a redditor by.
>>
File: hol up.png (199KB, 600x300px) Image search: [Google]
hol up.png
199KB, 600x300px
>>85436372
WE
>>
>>85437961
How can a joke fall so far?
>>
>>85437988
By never being high.
>>
>>85437862

Hundreds of years of inbreeding leads to major health issues. Look at the Hasidic jews
>>
>>85437462
>Kasper Cole should be in it as the token white guy
Hunter?
>>
>>85437205
True, but a poor white man will still think, feel, and act superior to a poor black man. Reality nd perception of reality are often very different. Everyone loves having someone lower on the totem pole.
>>
File: co truth.gif (745KB, 375x304px) Image search: [Google]
co truth.gif
745KB, 375x304px
>>85437988
>>
File: get.gif (2MB, 369x206px) Image search: [Google]
get.gif
2MB, 369x206px
>>85438028
>Hunter?
>>
>>85436372
Because it's a fictional place.
>>
>>85438088
You mean to tell me that Wakanda is not a real place?
>>
File: MCU.jpg (314KB, 836x688px) Image search: [Google]
MCU.jpg
314KB, 836x688px
>Only advanced black country
>does nothing but riot and hate/kill their neighbouring black countries.
>>
>>85436372
They had a cat god who empowered their king.

Also I assume that Thor at one point fucked said cat God and their offspring led to Storm's ancestor who had white hair and electric blue pupilless eyes.
>>
>>85437618
They had gold back in the day. Also you could get all the hands you wanted in Congo.
>>
>>85438218
Seems accurate enough.
>>
>>85436372
That tumblr post keeps saying black black black when you wakandans the just think wakandan wakandan wakandan
>>
>>85438218
>Only advanced _____ country
>does nothing but riot and hate/kill their neighbouring ____ countries.

What is human history?
>>
Wakanda is basically Central African China.
They think of themselves as the most advanced and civilized nation around (for good reason). They have no reason to head out and conquer, and even less reason to share their wealth and technology with neighboring barbarians. Some may learn from their ways, but they are still the lesser of the "most civilized" people. Add to that some fucking magic and superscience, and you have Wakanda.
>>
>>85438315
>Also I assume that Thor at one point fucked said cat God and their offspring led to Storm's ancestor who had white hair and electric blue pupilless eyes.
i... but.. wha... Godfuckingdammit, anon. This makes much more sense than it has any right to.
>>
>>85436372
>>85436613
This.

Wakanda is generally depicted as being well into the interior of the African continent. Even if they were only a few decades ahead of the scouts for the colonial powers, they'd still have the colossal advantages of being on familiar ground, being able to control the flow of reinforcements (since the enemy wouldn't even know there were routes to follow if their scouts didn't make it back to report), and vastly outnumbering the advance parties.

We might also safely imagine that such a nation infiltrated its neighbors and used influence with them, or simply agents placed there, to mislead and eliminate the scouts.

Contrary to what you may have thought, certainly in the early period most exploration was done by private enterprise - the period of the various East and West India Companies was coming to a close by the time Africa was seriously colonized, but it was still the model for early exploration; it just wasn't very profitable, which is why those companies all ended up nationalized, to formalize the long-term sale of shares and assets to their various governments in return for cash to prevent them going bust.

Hence a mission that never reports back isn't something you'd investigate with a military expedition - you'd send more scouts, and if they didn't come back, or walked around in the bush for a bit and decided the other guys must have died of lion or some shit, you probably wouldn't send more unless they discovered something worthwhile, ie, something that would finance the cost of the expedition to recover it, and make a profit on top of that.

Added to that is the problem of territorial claims - european nations staked their claims to lots of places, often having wars and elaborate treaties to determine where their lines ended and someone else's began, bought and sold land (entire island chains, even) regularly - but this happened in europe. The actual presence on the ground wasn't necessarily real across the entire territory.
>>
>>85438315
Storm's Kenyan, not Wakandan. Wakandans are so insular they'd probably have jealously guarded anybody who could do shit like that.
>>
>>85439007
>>85438315

A mutation is by definition random
>>
>no one posting the map of Wakanda
>>
>>85436757
Congrats on reading Cracked yesterday faggot
>>
>>85439130
>Storm's Kenyan, not Wakandan

But she's still childhood friends with T'challa, because all African people know each other.
>>
>>85439007
Sounds like something that Earth X would've done.
>>
>>85439325
She did a lot of traveling. She started out in Egypt.
>>
>>85439325

Well according to Marvel all black superheroes are best friends
>>
>>85436665
>Well until Italy.
Italy lost to the Abyssinians and Germany had to clean up the mess
>>
>>85439278

To be fair they only held it because of their fear of it being weaponized. Sure Norman did weaponize it but even then it isn't a matter of if it would be weaponized but by when and who. T'challa is just a big pussy anyways and should have known Norman is always up to shit, hell even Mephistopheles admitted that he was creeped out by Norman Osbourn and how low he could go.
>>
>>85436372
Says a lot when you need a fictional country to have black pride for.
>>
>>85439463

Yeah, I'm sure a Kenyan street urchin was getting a lot of mileage.
>>
>>85439325
>>85439463
Storm's mother was Kenyan, Storm herself was born in NYC.

>>85441072
Contextually weaponized. It's be like withholding penicillin from the world because someone might intentionally give it to someone who is allergic.
>>
Wakanda is thoroughly Evil if you think about it for 5 seconds. It's an RWA fantasy like Thor, but for niggers.
>>
>>85441239
Kinda like feminists and Themyscira.
>>
File: ororotchalla5.jpg (39KB, 620x236px) Image search: [Google]
ororotchalla5.jpg
39KB, 620x236px
stealth /r/ing whatever issue had that young Ororo/T'challa meeting
>>
>>85439133
Storm had an ancestor who was Sorcerer Supreme or was powerful enough to be considered.
>>
>>85436665
The Italians tried multiple times. It was only with massive airpower and mechanized troops that they succeeded and even then they had a hard time.
>>
File: 1368242665363.png (326KB, 561x590px) Image search: [Google]
1368242665363.png
326KB, 561x590px
>>85438394
I understood this reference
>>
>>85441610
>Storm's mother was Kenyan, Storm herself was born in NYC.
Yes, and then they went to Egypt and died, and she came under the wing of the Shadow King until Xavier killed and she ran off.
>>
>>85436702
>why didn't they help their neighboring, less advanced tribesmen?

They didn't want their primitive neighbors to flood Wakanda's borders for gibs
>>
testaroni
>>
>>85436976
>Implying this is exclusive to blacks

Happened in Europe and Asia
>>
african american? isnt balck panther just african?
>>
>>85447947
In the minds of the PC, African-American means black because they literally can't call a black person anything but African-American without getting an aneurysm

Leads to stupid situations where people call foreign blacks African-American.
>>
>>85436557
>Ethiopians
>Black
kek
>>
>>85436668
This. Female Wakandians are even stronger, faster and more skilled than the men. Somehow...
>>
File: GNFOS_poster.jpg (15KB, 250x419px) Image search: [Google]
GNFOS_poster.jpg
15KB, 250x419px
>>85448633
So they're not only magical negros, but they also go against baseline humanity's sexual dimorphism too?

Are they aliens?

Are they pic related?
>>
>>85436691
>In which White Tumblr Kid protects fictional Africans to prove that he's one of the Good Ones.
>>
>>85437851
It's canonically more xenophobic than Latveria. Which makes sense, since Doom actually wants tourists / educated immigrants.

Only Atlantians and Inhumans are more solitary.
>>
>>85446425
>Happened in Europe
I can't think of a single example for that though, during the industrial revolution Britain didn't hoard the secrets of steam power to give them an advantage over post Napoleonic France, the printing press once invented spread across the continent. Even military technology wasn't really ever contained to one nation.
>>
>>85448926
The early industrial revolution had endemic secret hoarding. It didn't work, but they sure as shit tried. There's plenty of stories of visitors or entrepreneurial individuals smuggling blue prints out of a country or a company, or flat out memorizing them, so they could sell them somewhere else or start their own business.

You've mistaken a failure to hoard secrets to an unwillingness to do so. Even if it's not actually outright stealing the information, once you know something can be done, someone else can usually be counted on to figure it out independently. The only thing unrealistic about Wakanda's situation is that they successfully kept their secrets. Which is more down to comic book status quo than anything else.
>>
Okay, I get that Vibranium is a great resource but how did it elevate the tech of Wakanda into a veritabvle Blakc-lantis? I would have expcted thm be to more of a millitary powerhouse instead of scientific.
>>
File: best bro in the gaming industry.png (243KB, 468x344px) Image search: [Google]
best bro in the gaming industry.png
243KB, 468x344px
Keeping white people out of an African nation doesn't explain how that nation was unaffected by all the African nations that now had guns
>>
>>85436372
Wakanda is a giant tribute to how shit black people are. The only place a successful black country exists is in fiction.

And the black panther is terrible because he's flawless. Well not personality wisee he's an asshole but he's a physical fighter with a perfect brain.

Also let's ignore the fact that Wauconda let's the rest of Africa suffer.
>>
>>85436702
Why didn't they take all of afriCA and become a huge fucking empire. Hell all those resources they dominate the world.
>>
>>85449826
And I guess you are ignoring some facts like the actual size of Africa compared to Wakanda and no matter how as smart BP is, America has 5-6 smarter people yet somehow no one asks how come they haven't fixed all the problems in American cities like Flint, Michigan or helped the people in the indian reservations. There's also the facts about how they did help various nations in earlier BP runs and in Priest run but of course no one cares about those stories. They only care about Hudlin's run.

I would also like to add that Tony Stark using extremis can cure Americas's greatest problem, obesity but he isn't allowed to use it.
Thread posts: 112
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.