[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So what are you guys thoughts on this? Is it gonna bomb or does

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: rockdog_c-580x288.jpg (31KB, 580x288px) Image search: [Google]
rockdog_c-580x288.jpg
31KB, 580x288px
So what are you guys thoughts on this?

Is it gonna bomb or does it look decent enough. If it succeeds well in the states would you be looking forward to more chinese cartoons, and has anyone here actually watched the chinese leak of it yet?
>>
I like the look of it and yes, I am hoping that it does well enough to convince Chinese studios to export and the west to buy.

It's a damn shame it had such an awful launch over there though, doesn't bode well.
>>
>>85430950
oh really, that sucks

It seems like they need a breakout hit to make the demand before something like this can prosper, do you know if it was well received by Chinese critics.
>>
>>85430974
It had a lukewarm reception, apparently it diverges from the book too much and audiences didn't appreciate that.
>>
File: 1468615174089.png (553KB, 820x458px) Image search: [Google]
1468615174089.png
553KB, 820x458px
inb4 fox girl
>>
File: 1350331247599.jpg (8KB, 272x252px) Image search: [Google]
1350331247599.jpg
8KB, 272x252px
>>85430997
fuck, really there's a book it's based on? that's more disappointing than it bombing, why does everything have to be based on something even on the other side of the god damn planet.

I am disappointed to hear lukewarm reception though.
>>
I like the character design but it really depends on what they do with it. Lots of shit-tier animation and games have decent-to-great character design.
>>
>>85431013
i was tempted to mention it in op but figured i'd rather see if people are interested in it without furbait because we all know everyone on /co/ is aware they want to fuck cartoon animal people
>>
>>85431034
for 30 mil they look fairly cheap if we're being honest here.

The actual animation looks very solid though
>>
>>85430997
>apparently it diverges from the book too much and audiences didn't appreciate that.
I went and looked at the book, looks like they gutted any and all personality it may have had to begin with. People change stuff too much.
>>
>>85430887
the main reason it failed is because it had a really limited release since the guy who owns the largest cinema chain in china is pissed at the studio that made the movie
>>
So this is china's copy of sausage party, right? Its a movie about food?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.