[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

http://www.vulture.com/2016/08/this -open-letter-annihilates

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 217
Thread images: 35

File: 374873-zack-snyder-gettyimages.jpg (123KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
374873-zack-snyder-gettyimages.jpg
123KB, 640x360px
http://www.vulture.com/2016/08/this-open-letter-annihilates-warner-bros-execs.html

>Zack Snyder is not delivering. Is he being punished? Assistants who were doing fantastic work certainly were. People in finance and in marketing and in IT. They had no say in a movie calledBatman V Supermanonly having 8 minutes of Batman fighting Superman in it, that ends because their moms have the same name. Snyder is a producer on every DC movie. He is still directingJustice League. He is being rewarded with more opportunity to get more people laid off. I'm assuming you yourself haven't been financially affected in any real way. You and your studio are the biggest lesson about life one can learn: The top screws up and the bottom suffers. Peter Jackson phones it in and a marketing supervisor has to figure out a plan B for house payments.

>What are you even doing? I wish to God you were forced to live out of a car until you made a #1 movie of the year. MaybeWonder Womanwouldn't be such a mess. Don't try to hide behind the great trailer. People inside are already confirming it's another mess. It is almost impressive how you keep rewarding the same producers and executives for making the same mistakes, over and over.

>If I worked at a donut stand, and I kept fucking up donuts, I'd be fired. Even if I made a tiny decent one every now and then, it doesn't matter. I'm gonna get fired.

I though SS fine considering the butchering it got, but I honestly don't know how any editor could watch it and think they've done a good job. They killed that movie and strung it's corpse up on the screen.

Zack Snyder is almost fascinating at this point. I realize movie are hard to make, but I guarantee he's seen a real movie at least once in his life. How can he consistently shit up these movies to the point where the basic structure of the story isn't even there? That goes beyond being a bad filmmaker and into some kind of mental illness.
>>
Ironic...
>>
Zack Snyder walked in on several very high ranking Warner Bros execs raping a little girl and managed to snap some pictures. This is the only reason I can think of for why he keeps getting these amazing opportunities despite the fact that he's mediocre at best at what he does.
>>
>>85409205
To be fair, it's more DCs problem than Snyder. We know theyr'e really fucking up his vision. Either way his vision is shit.
>>
>>85409491
How so ? He has to work with DC's properties, he can't deliver.

/capekino/ was a beautiful lie
>>
>>85409205
I have more respect for Micheal Bay at this point. I really do.

Bay at least can make a good looking film with good editing, interesting visuals, and can entertain me without getting TOO upset. Bay is at least more creative.

Zack Snyder on the other hand is the poor man's version. He has impressive visuals at times, but then makes them less impressive by adding a filter and unnecessary CGI. He captures absolutely no spirit of the characters' morals, and is basically playing pretend with how HE thinks Batman and Superman should be, because HE likes his version better.

Fuck me.
>>
>>85409491
>To be fair, it's more DCs problem than Snyder.

...how? You know DC isn't a movie studio, right?
>>
>>85409701
Zack Snyder did to Batman and Superman what Bay did to Transformers.

They are exactly the same. They went to the exact same film school.
>>
But what I hate more than anything about it all, is that WB takes this defensive stance about their products, basically saying "well, it's not OUR fault that you don't like it. we made it the best that we could, and if it's not to your taste, well, then that's on you."

Like. Holy shit.

You're making a product for wide consumption, and you're essentially blaming your audience for not liking it. There are so many things wrong with that mindset...
>>
>>85409205
already a thread >>85408683

source letter here without the clickbait

>http://www.pajiba.com/think_pieces/an-open-letter-to-warner-bros-ceo-kevin-tsujihara-about-layoffs-zack-snyder-and-donuts.php
>>
File: 1372649203000.png (44KB, 374x400px) Image search: [Google]
1372649203000.png
44KB, 374x400px
>>85409205
>I wish to God you were forced to live out of a car until you made a #1 movie of the year

That's a bit much, it's just a capeshit film. I know he's saying other people were being fired, but that's not on Zack, that's on DC. Nigga needs to calm down, as far as I know Snyder hasn't killed anybody
>>
>>85410008
What I'm trying to say is that with Bay, he was more sucessful Some people even kinda sorta like his Turtle movies (though he didnt direct them). He makes money.

Zack is just fucking up WB and DC, because he can't deliver like Bay.

But yes, techniques are the same. It's basically an autistic child playing with his toys of his favorite characters, but with a budget.
>>
>>85410091
You mean WB. WB hasn't given him enough consequences. Hell, he hasn't even made an apology for Man of Steel or Batman v. Superman yet.

At this point I'd take Josh friggin' Whedon just so it can be a smidge better.
>>
>>85409205
Why do people keep spreading this shitty fake "insider" article?
>>
This person cares too much about shitty rotten tomatoes
>>
>>85409205
>I don't know how an editor could watch it and think they've done a good job

You're assuming the editor had creative control, some directors and producers treat editors as dehumanized computer interfaces to put footage together for them.
>>
>>85410155
>Hell, he hasn't even made an apology for Man of Steel or Batman v. Superman yet.
No, people need to apologise to Snyder.
>>
File: Total Shock.gif (949KB, 450x253px) Image search: [Google]
Total Shock.gif
949KB, 450x253px
>>85409205
>Guy who lost his job badmouths former company.
HOLY SHIT
O
L
Y

S
H
I
T

>Clickbait sites run with clickbait story about thing that's big right now.
HOLY SHIT
O
L
Y

S
H
I
T

WOWOWOWOWOWOW
>>
>>85410233
No, Snyder needs to apologize for fucking up the first meet-up of Batman and Superman on film.
>>
>>85410238
yeah you posted that in the other thread too

you big ol attention whore you
>>
>>85410199
The director is supposed to be the final editor. He has to cut the movie together with the different shots he makes. That is a large part of his fucking job
>>
>>85410301
Yeah, but I didn't get to stick my cool pic on it.
>>
What's tl;dr version?

Is Zack Snyder Satan or not?

I think he's poor man's Satan
>>
>>85410319
That doesn't really have anything to do with what I said
>>
>>85410375
>What's tl;dr version?
Former WB employee got laid off, gets triggered after watching a WB movie, badmouths former company.
>>
>>85410091
They're talking about Kevin Tsujihara, who fired all these people, not Zack Snyder.

>>85410193
They're going by their own impression of the movie.
>>
>>85410091
It's not just one movie. It's the fact that every movie that flops means people lose their jobs.

So yeah, Snyder may well have killed someone.
>>
>Literally who blog write a clickbait article claiming how shit this DC movie is
>every site immediately latch on it spreading it like it's fact
>later proved to be bullshit
>same thing happen again after a while
Why does this happen so many times to the WB movies?
>>
>>85410375
The point of the letter is that, regardless of whether he's Satan or not (he probably is), he's clearly demonstrated that he's incompetent.

Yet, he's been rewarded with *more* control, *more* power. And good people have lost their jobs as a result of these movies underperforming in the box office.

It makes no sense. And the only person who could've given Snyder more power is Kevin Tsujihara, who's the true target of the letter. He's clearly fucking up and trying to get people to side with WB nonetheless by doubling down on their mistakes.
>>
>>85409205
You know what. Snyder and WB get a pass for MoS. It wasn't bad but it wasn't good. It fucked up a lot of superman but nothing that couldn't have been fixed. It had some great action but a bit lacking in character developement, at least development that really made you care.

But BvS doubled down on everything wrong with MoS. More visual at the cost of a less cohesive story. Worse portrayal of superman. Made you care less about the characters. And a superhero fight that was so over the top it was DBZ.

Instead of learning from MoS they did the opposite. I loved the trailer for WW but i don't have hope for it, not cause of the WB leaks but because they cast a model who has never actually acted. Why? Wonder Woman needs a personallity and gadot has yet to show any personality. She is a plot device and that can't carry a movie
>>
>>85410350
your pic is a faggot and so are you
>>
>>85410448
Good thing is that there hasn't been a flopped DC movie yet.
>>
File: tweettweettweet.png (63KB, 588x253px) Image search: [Google]
tweettweettweet.png
63KB, 588x253px
>>85410531
Marvel/DC is the hot new Playstation/X-Box rivalry. One side will read it as confirmation bias and spam it to hell. The other side will laugh at it. Either way, it's lots of clicks and the site posts a small "This report that we published was erronious." note somewhere on the site where barely anyone can find it later.
>>
>>85410531
Disney
>>
>>85410551
>your pic is a faggot and so are you
Are you flirting with me?
>>
>>85410537
Hol' up
"smacks lips''
Are you saying
"abandons children"
you sayin'
"steals watermelon"
Snyder was given more creative control?
>>
>>85410721
>"abandons children"

I read that as "abandons chicken" and thought to myself "that can't be right!"
>>
>>85410564

Executives don't consider making less money than projected a success.
>>
>>85409205
Jesus Christ you fucking milennials will believe literally anything. Literally any retard could have wrote this.

This is almost as bad as all the idiots that believed that autist that said Battfleck was Deathstroke.
>>
>>85410744
Real niggas pay for their chicken, breh.
>>
>>85410721
>"abandons children"
Why did this make me laugh so hard.
>>
>>85410816
Being filled with insights from man who knows what he's doing is always a pleasure.
>>
File: AHAHAHAHA.png (182KB, 736x609px) Image search: [Google]
AHAHAHAHA.png
182KB, 736x609px
>>85409205
Even Faracai is saying this letter is bullshit.
>>
>>85410008
No, Bay's movies manage to have color and fun action.
>>
>>85410564
See >>85410772.

And understand the goal of making movies: to make *more* movies.

The projected profit/gross usually plays a role in a company's future film slate. With big tentpoles like the DC movies, not reaching the projected goals is a very bad thing, since that's the main way the company makes money to make more movies.
>>
>>85410864
Faraci also liked Suicide Squad, so....
>>
>>85410816
>mellinials

Friendly reminder that if you were born after 1980 you are a mellinial
>>
>>85409205
>If I worked at a donut stand, and I kept fucking up donuts, I'd be fired. Even if I made a tiny decent one every now and then, it doesn't matter. I'm gonna get fired.

Not if your fucked up donuts sell like hot cakes and make over $800 million for your employer.
>>
>>85410944
Good thing I wasn't. Learn to fucking spell.
>>
>>85410924
SS was good though.
>>
>>85410924
So what?
>>
>>85410944
Nope, millennials are 2001->, before it was Gen Y.

Deal with it, millennial
>>
File: 1431303180767.png (98KB, 378x423px) Image search: [Google]
1431303180767.png
98KB, 378x423px
>Blaming Snyder for Suicide Squad
>>
>>85410944
>tfw born 1996
In Putin's Russia in 2004's Sega Mega Drive (or Genesis to you 'muricans) was hottest shit.
>>
>>85410960
>almost 40 and still on 4Chan

Where did your life go so wrong?
>>
>>85410008

Wrong. Bay revitalized a franchise that had been "it exists I suppose" for more than a decade.

Snyder made sure nobody took an entire movie universe seriously.
>>
>>85409205
I can't wait for his autobiography
>Kino God: The man who got away with killing superheroes.

>Foreword by Garth Ennis.
>>
>>85410992
He was executive producer. He had more say in it than Ayer.

Money > creative input.
>>
>>85410610
>Marvel/DC is the hot new Playstation/X-Box rivalry

Marvel/DC rivalry has been around for decades
>>
>>85411011
It didn't I'm comfy posting from my office at work. Nice meme though that wanting to discuss things has some kind of age cutoff.
>>
>>85411028

Executive Producers don't do much
>>
>>85410979
Wrongm

>Millennials(also known as theMillennial Generation orGeneration Y, abbreviated to Gen Y) are the demographiccohortbetweenGeneration XandGeneration Z. There are no precise dates for when the generation starts and ends. Demographers and researchers typically use the early 1980s as starting birth years and use the mid-1990s to the early 2000s as final birth years for the Millennial Generation.

Did you just find out you were a Millennial?
>>
>>85410949
Not if your employer expected them to sell for 1 billion. You would be fired for not doing your job well enough
>>
>>85411073
So Kevin Fiege doesnt have any control now?
>>
File: Warner Bros 2016 Films.png (91KB, 727x327px) Image search: [Google]
Warner Bros 2016 Films.png
91KB, 727x327px
>>85410895
>With big tentpoles like the DC movies, not reaching the projected goals is a very bad thing, since that's the main way the company makes money to make more movies.
Pic is the year so far for WB. WB has had a good year so far, with lower budget films like Central Intelligence, Conjuring 2, Me Before You, etc. making really good money for them. Legend of Tarzan could have been a titanic bust for them, but it actually made some good cash and will only go down as a moderate loss. DC, thus far, is their biggest tentpole. The new Harry Potter spinoff will join it. DC isn't going anywhere and is making plenty of money no matter how much internet hyperbole is spewing otherwise. Is it making as much as it could? Of course not. But the movies will get tweaked until they find their sweet spot and the franchise will continue on.
>>
>>85410979
If you were reaching adolescence in 2000 you are a millenial. The post-millenials were born IN the new millennium
>>
What position did this person have?
>>
>>85411013
>Bay revitalized
wrong. That was Armada.
>>
Literally no info about the guy himself, but y'all fags lap it up anyways.
>>
>>85411139
>So Kevin Fiege doesnt have any control now?Jesus, you're an idiot. Fiege is the head of the studio. He's the producer. He does actual active work for the production. "Executive producers" are a catchall category for someone who contributed something to the movie. Christoper Nolan was an Executive Producer for MoS and BvS purely because he pitched the idea of a more grounded take on Superman before handing the reigns off to Snyder. Snyder is an Executive Producer on SS for a variety of reasons, from using his version of Batman in the film to pitching ideas to whatever. Neither of those two did any considerable work when it comes to the project.
>>
File: even the sun needs sunglasses.jpg (47KB, 504x376px) Image search: [Google]
even the sun needs sunglasses.jpg
47KB, 504x376px
>it's a mess meme
>>
>>85411152
The problem isn't how much money these big properties are making. The problem is how they can't seem to control their budgets. Sorry to company wars but the MCU was made under perlmutters penny pinching method. Some those movies that made 250 mil made great money for their budget and they knew that they were building IP value and not just a one movie thing. IP is more important than movie tickets OR toys/merch. Captain America was a very low valued IP, less so than Iron Man and now both are huge. These franchises were made on far FAR less than SS. And pretty much the only thing they get out of SS is Harley Quinn IP going up. Hell, that could be great for them but it's too soon to tell.

What WB should be pissed off is that Snyder has devalued the IP of superman. He hasnt destroyed batman or WW (cause she didn't have much yet). But the Superman brand has given way to Cap and that is a major loss of IP value.

Is there any person who has tried to value these IPs? Cause i think they are pretty much incalculable, but would be interested in seeing someone try
>>
>>85411152
You don't understand. If a movie makes under its projected amount, it's a flop. Amazing Spider-Man netted almost half a billion dollars but Sony exes were SURE it was going to hit 1B. So they budgeted for it to hit 1B, or close to it.

So when the movie's down 300 million from that 1B from the box office, it doesn't matter how much money it made over its budget, there's now 300 million missing from their budget. That's enough to fund another tentpole (minus the marketing).

Smaller movies can make up for it, but that's happy accident. BvS has a shitty second weekend in the box office, and people get pink slips. The point of this letter isn't "ZACK SNYDER YOU SUCK", the point of the letter is "You guys don't seem to be taking this very seriously. Your jobs as execs and high profile directors are safe, but every time you make a flop with the same mistakes with the same creative teams, it doesn't seem to be you who pays the price but the hundreds of people that follow your names on the credits."
>>
>>85411511
>The problem is how they can't seem to control their budgets.
Suicide Squad and Wonder Woman are both $175mil, about the same range mid-$100s range as Marvel's non-Avengers movies.
>>
>>85411540
>If a movie makes under its projected amount, it's a flop.
That's not a flop.
>>
>>85411041
So have console wars.

But now that they're making movies about it, it's a turf war on a global scale. I'd rather hear both sides of the tale.

You see, it's not about races, just places; faces. Where your blood comes from is where your space is. I've seen the bright get duller. I'm not gonna spend my life being a color.
>>
File: 1388533455720.jpg (109KB, 384x400px) Image search: [Google]
1388533455720.jpg
109KB, 384x400px
>>85411719
>>
>>85410290
fucking it up? By having the pop-culture icon of hope redeem the pop culture icon of gritty? Lol get real m8, it was fantastic.
>>
>>85411719
Bravo, friend.
>>
>>85411567
The released budget has been busted many times by many sources. It now needs to make 800 mil to break even. Edits reshooting and all the extra advertizing hurt something turned in late. For example if construction on a project is nearly done and then for whatever reason things need to change and you need to rush hours in to fix it it costs far higher than budgeted. Anyone paying attention to local city infrastructor may have scene this happen, it regular to it suddenly inflate to 2-5 times budget. This is not due to materials but man hours overtime and schedules that fuck up. These scrambles at the last end leads to more over runs because they dont have tome to educate new people into the project so they hire the same fuck ups which fuck up again. Costs get inflated exponentially when last minute changes happen, which is what happened with SS. The last minute reshoots were not just the normal planned ones but so they could recut the entire movie.

Tl;dr it went massively over budget
>>
>>85411604
To shareholders and board of directors it is
>>
>>85412275
Nice fanfiction for your confirmation bias, bro.
>>
>>85411099
>WB expected it to make 1 billion
>source: your ass

it was the internet that expected that
>>
File: Shazam Still Going.png (30KB, 529x108px) Image search: [Google]
Shazam Still Going.png
30KB, 529x108px
>>85412310
>These shareholders and the board of directors are so upset at how much the DC movies are making that they're continuing with production on more movies.
>>
>>85411053
But you do realize that you aren't discussing things here. More often than not, everyone is arguing with literal children.
Also, get back to work Johnson.
>>
>>85412275
source: your ass

stop making yourself sound so dumb man, lots and lots of movies do reshoots (usually its part of the initial budgeting). In fact, Infinity War is being reported at a 1 billion dollar budget friendo.
>>
>>85409491
No it isn't you dumb fucking fuck.
>>
>>85409491
Mate, you know DC has no say in these movies right?
>>
>>85410924
Wait what? Faraci always sticks to the safe "shit sucked" you mean to tell me he liked it?
>>
>>85410238
>>85410238
It's getting mouth-breathing retards to click on it and get them more views though.
>>
>>85409491
>We know

Sounds like you don't know shit
>>
>>85413624
SS had another company come in and recut the origional movie by ayer. Some people love the reshoot material (apparently you can tell by a characters facial and bearch lenght) and it makes it obvious what was Ayer and WB. When a studio fights with a producer it usually sucks. The only reason Deapool was great was cause they shoved the studio out completely. The sequal will likely suck
>>
>>85409701
>Bay at least can make a good looking film
>interesting visuals
>Bay is at least more creative

kek. Add more product placement in your movies please Mr Bay
>>
>>85412207
No, he pretty much completely fucked it all up. In almost every way imaginable.
>>
>>85412804
Read his review. He gave it a fresh out of pity.
>>
>>85409205
Even Devin Farcari said this shit was bogus but of course /co/ lets /tv/ makes threads here.
>>
>>85414476
He said what pretty much every one here did. It's a mess with a few good performances. Not exactly positive.

>>85414485
He said that he's heard different things, not that the letter is bullshit. We don't know who his sources are.
>>
>>85412635
>DC has no say in the only thing keeping them relevent

Yeah nah. How about a source on that you shitsucking faggot
>>
>>85414798
Several other folks have spoke out against it. The point is dont believe open letters that first appeared on some random no named site.
>>
>>85410531
Because journalism is dying.
>>
>>85412426
Well that's hardly a stretch. That's what Avengers made. Logically their closest analogue with the 2 most famous superheros on the planet in it should match that.
...How the FUCK did they fuck it up so much?!?!?!
>>
File: 5R0JgGH.gif (1MB, 292x323px) Image search: [Google]
5R0JgGH.gif
1MB, 292x323px
>>85409205

its amazing how these fake stories keep getting posted and a lot of you actually believe this. Its shit like this that makes me believe in the DC/WB hate conspiracies
>>
>>85410864
>>85410924
As if they are ever going to criticize movies with a prominent female role.

They are luck WW is going to be praised just for that like Ghostbusters.
>>
>>85409205

Holy shit, how are WB fucking up THIS BADLY? This will be the 4th movie in a row that's a catastrophic failure
>>
>All that ass pain from the mod when a legit journalist came in and asked if the writer was properly vetted.

Yeah, this reeks of clickbait and false news.
>>
>>85415436

the bait is real
>>
>>85409205
The films were fine. This is like when people shit on movies they don't understand then later down the road everyone starts to like it.
Don't buy into critics and their bullshit. If you enjoyed the movie then Snyder did his job.
Unfortunately Marvel has been putting out the same type of movie for years now and everyone still eats that shit up.
>>
>>85410979

Generation Y was rebranded (because it was always a half-assed name).
>>
>>85415464
Look at the rotten tomatoes score

THEY ARE ALL BELOW 55%

How is that bait?
>>
>>85415507
People don't think MoS was good. In fact Returns is now looks as better after these movies. No one said that after MoS but after BvS. ..Returns was better
>>
>>85416062
It's just the in thing to hate on DC and Snyder. All the movies have turned a profit.
>>
>>85415766
The top critics are paid to down score. Skewing the aggregated overall score.
>>
>>85416153
lmao are you serious?

WB OWNS rotten tomatoes
>>
>>85409491
>We know theyr'e really fucking up his vision.
>Either way his vision is shit.

But if his vision was fucked up by the studio then how could you know his vision was shi... nvm RT
>>
>>85411013
Beast Wars.
Beast Machines.
Robots in Disguise.
Armada.
Energon.
Cybertron.

You fucking idiot.
>>
>>85416214
>Rotten Tomatoes aggregates reviews. They do not publish them.
>WB owns a 30% MINORITY SHARE in RT

at this point im pretty sure disniggers are literally retarded.
>>
File: I've Lost The Will To Live.gif (290KB, 396x290px) Image search: [Google]
I've Lost The Will To Live.gif
290KB, 396x290px
>>85409205
Lets be real, WB is just a step below Sony in the garbage output department.

The DCEU is no exception. It honestly blows me away that anyone would want to defend these abortions to the death. DC=/=WB.
>>
>>85413902
To be fair in a technical level he is better.
He research a lot of new filming techniques and he makes blockbusters to later produce his personal projects like 13 hours.
>>
>>85416153
"movie ends because moms have the same name"

ok. I never get a clear answer. Do people actually believe this?
Actually believe this happened in the movie?
>>
>>85412455
They're trying to use DC to replace Harry Potter as their money printing series.

Too bad Snyder has poisoned the well.
>>
>>85417027
If you quoted what he said accurately you'd have your answer.
>>
>>85416650
he means there hasn't been a Bay Transformers Universe movie, dumbass
>>
>Synder hates Superman
>Supes in BvS is constantly being portrayed as the good guy with everyone who doesn't trust him being overly paranoid or evil
>>
>>85416721
Does Disney own the rest of the RT? No?

I guess the retardation falls on you.
>>
>>85417106
He was portrayed as an inactive, brooding, "why me god?" asshole.

Just like in MoS.
>>
>>85417117
Even if Disney owned 100% who gives a fuck? Rotten tomatoes is just an aggregate. They don't pay critics anything. The critics get paid for the publications they right for.

A minority of DC fans can just not handle reality.
>>
>>85417027

Well, I mean... it kinda does. The way Clark says, "Save Martha!" is just so unnatural and forced. There's no reason for him to say it that way, and no reason for Bruce to stop beating on him because he said it.

Unless that's an established weakness of Batman's in this universe. Is that why the Joker keeps getting away? Because every time Bats is about to haul him off to jail, the Joker starts crying about Martha and BOOM! The cuffs come off?
>>
>>85417106
>everything bad is fault of superman
Even Zod says-Thanks to you we found earth and because of Clark accident (sending a sos message to Zod) the man of steel incident happen, and this leads to thw BvS incident. And according to the flash, Superman in the original timeline snaps and goes full injustice.

And now that he is dead, the universe get brighter and hopeful.

Is kind of weird, maybe Nolan should it had being the director of MoS
>>
>>85417204
*write
>>
File: 2451.gif (4MB, 700x298px) Image search: [Google]
2451.gif
4MB, 700x298px
>>85410864
We've been hearing for months how WW has been a cluster fuck of constant rewrites and executive meddling. Faraci's just a contrarian.
>>
File: Dawn of Embarrassment.png (105KB, 1903x971px) Image search: [Google]
Dawn of Embarrassment.png
105KB, 1903x971px
>>85409205
In humor I like to share that Finding Dory has passed the global box office sales of BvS

A cash grab so/so kids comedy stomp out the first gathering of the Trinity in major film.

I can not describe my anger at the blunder that is WB and Snyder
>>
>>85409701

Here's a great analysis of Michael Bay:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2THVvshvq0Q

It's quite interesting.
>>
>but muh capekino
Y'know, it's one thing to make a masterpiece that people reject because it says something they don't wanna hear, but I think if you made a masterpiece that gets panned because people didn't understand it, you might as well not have bothered, especially when it's as simple a concept as "Batman vs. Superman".
>>
>>85417654
I can't agree with that vid
I've seen it before but the author is going in with such a large bias as to Bay's "issues" when the reality is that's what keeps his films entertaining, ever scene is a big scene. I get that many don't like that/want to hear that the general audience enjoys a big flashy show but thems the breaks.
MB understands that any scene can be "epic" if given the right weight.
Honestly that's what Zach lacks, he can 1 for 1 a comic frame but he can't really make it have magic, to make it seem real, to have you feel the impact of the blows and crashes.
The TF films, garbage as they are, gave serious weight to the robot battles giving a sense that these giant machines weigh a great deal and can have some sense of pain.
In BvS the fight between the two heroes felt like sting puppets where they are just getting thrown to and fro with little sense of pain or damage being taken.

It's really fuck up when a 16 foot cgi robot give a better sense of reality then two actors on scene.
>>
File: 4256463736579.jpg (52KB, 800x570px) Image search: [Google]
4256463736579.jpg
52KB, 800x570px
>>85417627
>Disney is the top 4 best selling films of 2016
>3 more films are coming out that will likely reach those sales numbers
>yfw you can't stop the god mouse
>>
File: warner_bros_chilly_summer_2015.jpg (443KB, 1047x1572px) Image search: [Google]
warner_bros_chilly_summer_2015.jpg
443KB, 1047x1572px
>>85410375
WB is retarded
Read up on a lot of their blunders over the years
They fuck up a lot.
It's just they always get that one golden egg that keeps them a float for another decade of blunders
>>
>>85417627
>9 of the 10 top grossing films are /co/ related
>in the top 20 it's 17 /co/ related

Holy shit this is pretty crazy, even the last few years weren't this dominated by capes and toons.
>>
>>85413902
Nigga, Bay gave us The Rock
>>
>>85418932
It's the whole top 10 domestically. Honestly I think it's just how the film industry has only two strong demographics and that is a family night thing with kids and college students

People between those and after don't really go to films.
>>
File: yamcha.png (54KB, 259x151px) Image search: [Google]
yamcha.png
54KB, 259x151px
>>85411011

>mfw I'm nearing 33, still making entry level wages, haven't written a book, and argue about comics on 4chan more hours per week than I create anything

fuck my life
>>
>>85409205
Zack is a superficial idiot.

He basically makes music videos and/or trailers that happen to be movies.
>>
>everyone getting hung up on the DC shit
>not realising WB have been a clusterfuck with everything else they've released
I mean, they fucking worked on Pan. If that isn't a sign the execs have no idea what they're doing, I don't know what is
>>
>>85419529
The Smells Like Teen Spirit part had me wondering for the entire rest of the movie and beyond how it made it into the final cut.

Like how many people this shit must've gone through and everyone thought "yeah, that's good".
>>
>>85417841
>I get that many don't like that/want to hear that the general audience enjoys a big flashy show but thems the breaks.
Might be making a bit of a miscomprehension m8.
In cases like this people aren't quite saying those things can't be entertaining or that audiences can't enjoy them or that people don't like to hear that those things can be entertaining and enjoyed, in fact the video says just the opposite really, it's more the matter of professional criticism on these things. Which everyone in media is due, that is the actual break no creator or audience is immune from.

EFAP has an impassioned way of talking about film so it might come off as a strong opinion, which it is really, however note that while Tony says he dislikes Bay's method while describing the details of its effectiveness rigorously. He even says at the end liking or disliking it isn't important or the point, it's the information about media and the viewer that we get from its appeal. That's the true purpose of analysis and criticism really, many people think it's just to be a snob but as this video managed to do it can be used to uncover things not even the creator's aware of which can in turn help educate future creators to be more informed and polish or progress things further.
>>
>>85410091
>That's on DC

The comic company has nothing to do with this, DC doesn’t have a studio like Marvel, this is all WB and Snyder.
>>
>>85419765
>Like how many people this shit must've gone through and everyone thought "yeah, that's good".
Tsuji and his board. So a number of people. A large number of people. Fuck, even all those test audiences for that.

At this point I imagine working at WB must be like that Chappelle's show sketch where all his ancestors see something and go "damn, X is fucking up", except it's every fucking day
>>
>>85414819
How about Avatar, you cock jungling thundercunt? You think Mike and Bryan signed off on that piece of shit? Or Batman and Robin? You think DC had their grubby little hands over that? Or how about any good chunk of adaptations made in the last 50 years? You honestly think any of those creators had more say into the direction and writing of the movie adaptation of their source material than being a glorified consultant? Once you sign a movie deal, their goes your shit and you just better pray they don't fuck it up. Go screw yourself, you brain dead waste of space and learn something.
>>
File: 1453215583180.jpg (21KB, 400x418px) Image search: [Google]
1453215583180.jpg
21KB, 400x418px
>>85419930
>aware of which can in turn help educate future creators to be more informed and polish or progress things further.
>we are in a day and age where Film creators have to get educated by Youtube on how cinematography works

Suddenly WB's existence makes a lot more sense
>>
>>85417027
Did Batman stop trying to kill Superman after Superman said "Martha", a name both of their mothers' share, yes or no?
>>
>>85417236
>no reason for Bruce to stop beating on him because he said it.

In the same fucking scene they replay the key pieces of the death of Bruce's parents, just in case you forgot what happened since the scene was a long time ago, but it still wasn't enough
Triggering is actually a real thing, not just something people yell when they get cyber bullied on tumblr
>>
>>85420451
Did Batman stop trying to kill Superman after Superman said "Martha", a name both of their mothers' share, yes or no?
>>
>>85420389
Is the fact alone the reason why Batman doesn't kill Superman, yes or no?
>>
>>85409205

Sometimes people get to a point in their careers where they are famous and well-known enough, rubbed with enough elbows to be invincible and never get the can.

At that point they know they can do anything so they do the bare minimum and make it look like they tried.
>>
>>85420485

Answer the question.
>>
>>85420480
No, he didn't stop trying to kill him because of it.
He got triggered so hard into a PTSD attack that the wind was blown out of his rage sails, enabling him to realize he was the mugger in this scenario.
>>
>>85409701

>He captures absolutely no spirit of the characters' morals, and is basically playing pretend with how HE thinks Batman and Superman should be, because HE likes his version better.

That's a good way of putting it. He's got the style but not the substance. For sure. He just makes it look cool, as he sees cool and then does his own thing.
>>
>>85410924
It wasn't bad.
>>
>>85410721
>>85410744
>>85410823
>>85410845

This whole little subthread made me kek.
>>
>>85420529
Did Batman
stop trying
to kill
Superman
after
Superman
said, "Martha",
a name both of their mothers share,
Yes or no?

Read the question, slowly if you have to and answer it. I never said because of it, I'm asking if that's what happened in the movie.

Yes
or
No?
>>
>>85420581
I answered and I said no. You can actually read the content of posts buddo.
>>
>>85411013
>Snyder made sure nobody took an entire movie universe seriously.

Snyder took what should have been a slam dunk rivaling TFA and made it into a critically panned, financially under-performing film, that soured people to the DCEU.
>>
>>85420842
>Did [literally what happened, happen]?
>No.
Y U lyin?
>>
>>85409701
>and can entertain me
lost credibility there
>>
>>85420898
>Did Predator die after Dutch says "Dylan! You son of a bitch!"

WELL
ANSWER ME
THIS IS A VERY
IMPORATANT
POINT
what I'm saying is
RELEVANT and has no
ULTERIOR PEDANTIC
Motive I
.SWEAR.
>>
File: 1340612342698.jpg (293KB, 507x525px) Image search: [Google]
1340612342698.jpg
293KB, 507x525px
>>85421023
Not even the same anon, just had to tag in on the action because the setup was too nice to pass up.
All you had to do was say yes and defuse, my man, only doing this to yourself. I'll take that (You) and be on my way now.
>>
>>85409205
Why do people hate Snyder so much, his Ultimate Cut was good. AFAIK Ayer has everything to do with SS, maybe some producer credit for Snyder.

Its the fucking studios full stop, they keep destroying these movies because they keep freaking out about the fans.

The fans were so pissed over Zod's Snapped Neck they SCORCHED WB almost to the ground. The studio wasn't about to make that mistake again (why rehire Snyder though?)

TBQH its the uncompromising and beyond rude comic fans that are scaring WB to making really bad decisions.

WB didn't have faith comics fans would accept a 3 hour movie, they decided to cut it for damage control to make more showings. Then when it bombed critically, it freaked out Warners again and they decided to recut a dark movie into a funny movie, again ruining the movie with cuts.

The internet doesn't give these guys a lick of credit, so its making a hostile and unfun working environment for the artists involved.

Because of assholes like Vulture Man WB is scared shitless BUT they also have prewritten scripts and specs so they already kinda made these movies dark and unforgiving and a bit outside character so they can't go back.

Now you already see the Marvelization of Justice League.

Honestly, I realized after 6 months... WB is horrible but the fans are worse. Comics fans despise originality - they just want to go into virtual reality with their comics in their heads and escape.
>>
>>85410091
>as far as I know Snyder hasn't killed anybody
He killed the DC movie universe.
>>
>>85421450
I get the impression you and Harley would get along.
>>
>>85421450
>they just want to go into virtual reality with their comics in their heads and escape.
No fucking shit
>>
>>85421450
>why rehire Snyder though?

That's kind of the billion dollar question isn't it? Maybe it would look like WB doesn't have faith in its own decisions?

>WB didn't have faith comics fans would accept a 3 hour movie, they decided to cut it for damage control to make more showings.

My question is WHY let Snyder make a three hour movie in the first place? I mean, how does a movie studio that makes dozens of movies every year not communicate to a director of their biggest film of the year that they need the movie to be "X" length.
>>
>>85422267
He has to know where the bodies are buried. I can understand why they'd rehire him after Dawn of the Dead and maybe 300, but after Watchmen? Sucker Punch? MoS? BvS?

Fuck I can't work out how he wasn't booted off to Hollywood jail after the steaming pile of shit that was Sucker Punch
>>
>>85410610
HMMPH, Fugazzi isn't just a band.
Who new?
>>
>>85422391
I'm guessing that in Watchmen's case that not only did DVD sales do okay for them to make up for some losses, but also boosted sales of the graphic novel up by an astronomical amount.

He also directed Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole which was out between Watchmen and Sucker Punch and did decently financially.

I'm not sure how he got another chance after Sucker Punch, though. Maybe this part of the wiki might explain it?

>Sucker Punch was released June 28, 2011 on DVD and in a Blu-ray combo pack. The film reached #1 best-selling DVD for four weeks in a row, selling over a million copies in America on its premiere day.
>>
File: 1367821964272.png (100KB, 281x211px) Image search: [Google]
1367821964272.png
100KB, 281x211px
>>85421450
>Why do people hate Snyder so much, his Ultimate Cut was good.
>>
File: welcome2realword.jpg (37KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
welcome2realword.jpg
37KB, 720x480px
about fucking time someone said it. Almost nobody argues that Snyder made a good movie in 300. And ever since then, movie execs have been handing him scripts that he's done nothing but shit upon.
Maybe Watchmen was okay, I heard the comic fans were annoyed by it but I liked it well enough for what it was. Even if some moments were dumb and the damn slow motion fight scenes are fucking awful, the story was strong and tying it up with Dr Manhattan works better than the fucking squid monster.
but at best thats 2 movies that he made that were any good. the rest have been sketchy to down right terrible. He's the Michael Bay of DC comic-movie adaptations. He takes a good idea, dumbs it down until very little of that good idea remains then edits the movie so that you cant recognize the original idea anymore
>>
>>85421450
>his Ultimate Cut was good
When will people stop this shit? That's like those people that say the Daredevil directors cut was better. It's the same shit movie with 3 or 4 scenes added.
>>
>>85412426
WB barely expected to make back the cost of the film plus advertising? Why bother to make the fucking thing in the first place if that was the case?
>>
>>85409452
Maybe he gives a mean BJ. Or his wife, who produces all his movies does.
>>
File: Watchmen 2.jpg (723KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Watchmen 2.jpg
723KB, 1920x1080px
>>85410564
>Good thing is that there hasn't been a flopped DC movie yet.
Production Budget $130 million
Marketing Budget $50 million
Worldwide Gross $185 million
>>
>>85424097
This. It was the same terribly written movie with some scenes added to make the plot progression a bit less baffling.
>>
File: green-lantern-movie.jpg (109KB, 800x360px) Image search: [Google]
green-lantern-movie.jpg
109KB, 800x360px
>>85424259
>Now add Johns
Production Budget $200 million
Marketing Budget $100 million
Worldwide Gross $ 220 million
>>
File: Snyder lifts away the pain.jpg (35KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Snyder lifts away the pain.jpg
35KB, 400x400px
>>85409452
>Zack Snyder walked in on several very high ranking Warner Bros execs raping a little girl

I think that would explain why his films are they way they are. Superman is literally him. Snyder, for all his power as a high payed director / producer couldn't stop the girl from being raped, much like Superman couldn't stop his father from dying.

Maybe he could've, but he would've revealed himself to the world, just as Zack would've probably lost his job. Or maybe he did intervene, but he made things worse, just as Superman's actions often are shown to have unintended consequences he can't foresee.

Because for all his power to change the world (through his films) he couldn't help that one girl. And it eats at him, and it shows itself through his movies. But it's deeper than that.

Just as Superman sacrifices himself at the end of BvS to stop the monster Doomsday and save the world, Snyder will sacrifice himself to bring down the monster that is Warner Bros., and save the children. And just as the world only recognizes Superman for a hero after he is dead, so too will people only realize Snyder's heroic deeds after he destroys himself and the company he works for in the process.

Still, he carries on with his crusade, because he believes that despite the evils at Warner Bros., men are still good. They just need someone to show them the way.
>>
>>85424718
OR, he's just a bad director
>>
File: Snyder Cycle.png (1MB, 2673x1750px) Image search: [Google]
Snyder Cycle.png
1MB, 2673x1750px
>>85421450
Stopped reading there. Its hilariously bad.

He makes bad movies. He doesn't understand the characters or storylines he's adapting. He instructs everyone to be monotone because that's what he thinks means stoic and serious. Thats why everyone hates him.

Pic extremely related.
>>
File: Dawn of JUST.jpg (56KB, 414x438px) Image search: [Google]
Dawn of JUST.jpg
56KB, 414x438px
>>85424259
Watchmen really should have been the end of Snyder's DC adaptations.

But given that WB literally had to make a Superman movie or risk losing the rights and that of the 6 shortlist directors they had on call to make a Superman movie, he was basically the only one that wanted to make it.

So here we are. All because 300 did really well 10 years ago despite basically being a video game cutscene, fear of a lawsuit and WB not wanting to go outside their usual pool of directors.
>>
>>85410564

The problem is that what we consider a flop and what they do is different.

Any movie that makes back budget and a little past that is a success, to us.

To execs, a blockbuster movie can't do "okay", it has to blow expectations away. It has to make back many times over what it took to create it.
>>
>>85425359
Don't forget, AoU made like 1.4b world wide. But execs considered it a failure cause it didn't make more than the 1.5b Avengers made
>>
>>85425388

That's why SS worries me. It had a huge opening, but now that's dropped off like a rock and money is just trickling in.

People also forget that overseas money isn't all profit. The distributors WITHIN those countries take a chunk of the money made in that country.
>>
File: 1459822617429.png (288KB, 539x300px) Image search: [Google]
1459822617429.png
288KB, 539x300px
Prepare your sides

DINGDINGDINGDINGDINGDINGDINGDINGDINGDING

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIKajSQ9DB0
>>
Problem with Snyder is two fold.

1.He doesn't have a good writer who'll stand up for himself.

2.He's horribly inflexible when it comes to character motivations.
Meaning that he should not have gotten superman and goyer should not have written superman.
They tried to do DEEP with a character that works best as simple bubble gum. A two fisted flying hero who punches giant robots, saves his old lady from a hurricane, and saves kitten in a tree before giving a nice speech about personal responsibility to some at risk kids and flying off.

That's his thing. If given a giant robot to fight and make him lighten it up or at least show good superman stuff, then have an apocalypse happening with bad stuff then have supes save the day and have everything be okay.
NOPE Give the guy who does not do deep at all a stupid as shit quasi-batman style story that is way over his head.
If the characters were all well defined in their own movies or they were basically 1 to 1 representations of what people think and know and recognize of the characters thrown into a Justice League movie? I'd actually pay to see what he could do there. But as it stands I don't give a shit.

Know what? Marvel should have scalped the guy from under DC's nose and had him do an incredible Hulk movie and rehired Norton as Banner.
I'd give my left nut to see that shit.
Better yet, a recast Thor movie. THAT would be good.
>>
>>85425426

>distributors WITHIN those countries take a chunk of the money made in that country

This. If a movie makes 50 million dollars in another land, it doesn't mean the studio gets 50 million dollars. They get what's left after whatever cut the distributor gets.
>>
Even if we dropped Snyder after MoS, I have a feeling WB would have botched this entire universe anyway. Doesnt matter now, Justice League is fucked, and we wont get the DC film universe we want for a VERY long time.
>>
>>85425432
They left the earth.
>>
>>85425432
I'm amused but I'd be more amused if it were Zoom trolling Bruce.
In fact, whoever's on shill duty tell the board next time they meet that Nightmare Flash actually being Thawne pretending to be Barry to get Batman to fight Superman would be a good plot twist.
>>
File: clappingrock.gif (2MB, 357x296px) Image search: [Google]
clappingrock.gif
2MB, 357x296px
>>85425432
>>
File: 1469995545542.jpg (75KB, 468x701px) Image search: [Google]
1469995545542.jpg
75KB, 468x701px
>>85424718
>>85424762
>>
File: 1430031599611.jpg (102KB, 636x475px) Image search: [Google]
1430031599611.jpg
102KB, 636x475px
>>85425432

god damn it

I lost at "Martha"
>>
>>85410319
The director turns in their edit (the vision they've been working towards) and the studio butchers it because it doesn't score high enough with all demographics.
>>
File: product placement.png (262KB, 675x422px) Image search: [Google]
product placement.png
262KB, 675x422px
>>85413902
>>
File: Cao_Cao_over_and_out.gif (2MB, 320x200px) Image search: [Google]
Cao_Cao_over_and_out.gif
2MB, 320x200px
>>85421450
>>
>>85425202
>But given that WB literally had to make a Superman movie or risk losing the rights
Dude...
>>
>>85426871
Did you not know that?

http://collider.com/superman-the-man-of-steel-zack-snyder-warner-bros-logline/

> Vulture now reports that slightly unsettling news that Snyder was hired because Warner Bros. knew he could get the job done fast. Warner Bros. needs a Superman movie in production by 2011 or they’ll be subject to potential lawsuits by the heirs of the character’s creators, Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster.

>We’re told by knowledgeable insiders the reason Warner Bros. picked Snyder for Man of Steel is that the script by David Goyer was rushed, is still a bit of a mess, and that Warner Bros. needs someone who won’t spend months or even years trying to get it just right (i.e. [Darren] Aronofsky).

This was literally 3 years before it even came out. They knew it was shit and they didn't care because they HAD to make it.
>>
>>85426871
>he doesn't know
The Siegel/Shuster estates sued DC/WB cause they weren't making "possible revenue" since there wasn't a Superman film in production. Courts told WB to make a movie, or get buttfucked even further by having to pay lost revenue and eventually lose ownership of it. Don't forget, DC own 50% of Superman now
>>
File: 1467319804894.jpg (241KB, 599x880px) Image search: [Google]
1467319804894.jpg
241KB, 599x880px
>>85409205
I just want to believe in Superman, /co/. I didn't ask for all of this.
>>
>>85426949
>This was literally 3 years before it even came out. They knew it was shit and they didn't care because they HAD to make it.
So then, Fant4stic Syndrome?
>>
>>85420332
>DC a gud boi, he dindu nuttin!

once again DC fags show how delusional they are. How an entire company managed to build its (shaky and faltering) foundation on the dregs dredged up from the gene pool Ill never know

If only movie tickets could be bought with chromosomes, since the average DC fag has an abundance of them
>>
>>85417117
Did you miss
>RT aggregates review. They do not publish them

Read that sentence again once or twice.
>>
>>85414311
great argument there m8y, really made me think
>>
>>85424143
it made around 300mil in profit man, why dont you believe the reported budget of 250 mil?
>>
>>85410924
He said it was a giant mess, that made good with its cast.
>>
>>85424299
>>85424097

nah man it was great, sorry you dont like it, but dont pretend everyone shares your view m8ys
>>
>>85421450
Idk man, people feel the need to shit on Snyder for no reason. So many people hate him to the point they have to post about it, but it dont change how much I loved his movies.
>>
>>85409205
Did zach synder make watchmen?

Who was responsible for watchmen for not being a BvS broken????
>>
>>85427811
>Who was responsible for watchmen for not being a BvS broken????
The person who decided to make a movie based on ONE comic book. Instead of the retard who decided to make one film out of The Dark Knight Returns, World's Finest, AND Death of Superman.
>>
>>85427904
>The person who decided to make a movie based on ONE comic book
who is this person so i can disassociate watchman with zackh snyder.
>>
>>85427926
>who is this person so i can disassociate watchman with zackh snyder.
Probably a nameless executive.
>>
>>85414485

HOLD YOUR FUCKING HORSES THERE TRIPFAG

Wasn't you and 1.jpg the ones who jumped on Faraci and McWeeney ,claiming they were full of shit, back in March when they said that BvS test screenings were not good?
Thread posts: 217
Thread images: 35

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.