[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Why Marvel Will Change Captain Marvel’s Origin Story i

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 288
Thread images: 46

File: captain-marvel-brie-larson.jpg (35KB, 550x367px) Image search: [Google]
captain-marvel-brie-larson.jpg
35KB, 550x367px
>Why Marvel Will Change Captain Marvel’s Origin Story in the Brie Larson Film

>Guardians of the Galaxy scribe and Captain Marvel co-writer Nicole Perlman said on a podcast Tuesday that Carol Danvers (a.k.a. Captain Marvel) will get a new origin story. Perlman explained that Marvel wanted to differentiate Captain Marvel’s backstory from that of DC Comics’ Green Lantern. (The two tales share some similarities.) Perlman said the changes would make the movie—the 21st in the Marvel Cinematic Universe—more cohesive with the other Marvel films.

>“If you were just going to do a straight adaptation of the comics, her origin story is very similar to Green Lantern. And obviously, that’s not what we want to do. There’s a lot of reinvention that needs to happen,” she said on Any Time With Vin Forte. “We have to be aware of what’s happened in other Marvel film and makes sure that her particular storyline is unique and fun and also fits in within this world that’s going on at the same time.”

>In the comics, Carol Danvers gets her powers when a machine created by the alien race called Kree—the same race Ronan the Accuser belongs to in Guardians of the Galaxy—explodes. During the disaster, the alien powers of a Kree hero who calls himself Captain Marvel (his real name is Mar-Vell) transfer to Carol, at which point she becomes a superhero in her own right. She first takes the name Ms. Marvel but later adopts Mar-Vell’s old title, Captain Marvel. She becomes a part of the Avengers team and also aids the Guardians of the Galaxy.

>http://time.com/4448254/captain-marvel-brie-larson-origin-story/

Aside from being pilots and having an alien involved when they get their powers how is Carol's origin like Hal's.

That said this can be a good or a bad thing, I mean who the fuck knows with Carol anymore.
>>
They're having to force her so hard to be their big female hero that they're just going to rewrite everything about her.

If you have to completely change their origin story of all fucking things, that's a pretty good sign you probably chose the wrong character.
>>
>>85391086
Yeah at this point going with She-Hulk would have been better.
>>
I called this back when the movie was first announced.
They're going to cut Mar-vell out of her origin entirely because a woman getting her powers from a man wouldn't fit the narrative they want to put out.
>>
>>85391167
She-Hulk likes sex and as such is problematic to be Marvel's flagship Perfect Female Character during the sex-negative 2010s.
It's not like you can casually erase that for the normies like with Carol's drunken fascist history.
>>
>>85391086
Boy I can't wait for Marvel to reboot Carol completely to align themselves with the movie version.

Hopefully the movie Carol is less bland than comic Carol.

>>85391167
They don't have all the Hulk rights, they have to share them.
>>
>>85391177
Which I guess means no Phyla either.
Bunch of wankers.
>>
>>85390897
They're nothing alike.
But yeah, I hope Mar-Vell at least plays some role. Personally, I want him to be introduced as cancer-ridden and doing one last suicide mission: raiding S.H.I.E.L.D. bases for Kree corpses so they can get a proper burial. Do Kree do burials?
>>
It's basically what happened to Tony Stark, and look how that ended.
>>
Marvel's done this shit far more than people realize. Blade, Iron Man, Star Lord, Wolverine, Ultron, now Miss Marvel. Yet no one calls them out on it.
>>
>>85390897
Not wasting time trying to make the general audience care about Mar-Vell is probably a good thing for the movie. Unless you're a Mar-Vell fan.
>>
>>85391391
What are you talking about? The only thing they changed about Tony's origin in the movies is not having it happen in Vietnam.
>>
>>85391467

This board has bitched about every single one of those though. Except Iron Man.
>>
>>85391470
This.

What the fuck did they even change for Iron Man's origin?
>>
>>85391467
>Yet no one calls them out on it.
What? I'm pretty sure I've seen a lot of bitching in Marvel threads and most of the time I agree with them.
>>
>>85391347
They aren't going to do anything with Mar-Vell. Too close to Green Lantern, apparently.
>>
>>85391167
Shulkie's originan is as dull as Carol's desu fampai
>>
>>85391818
Mar-Vell isn't close to Green Lantern and neither is Carol. Carol being a military hot shot is as close as it gets. Nova is the closest Marvel has to Green Lantern.
>>
>>85392005
Alien dude dies an gives hotshot earth pilot his powers so their legacy as a galactic superhero lives on.
>>
>>85390897
Brie has a very cold, calculating eyes, like she knows how to manipulate people to get what she wants.
>>
>>85392005
If anything Carol is closer to Supergirl (hello Ms Blonde """"Danvers""" who has the power of the Kreeptonyan race)
>>
Would it really be that hard to have the opening be Mar-Vell dying and then having the power transfer to Carol? That's hardly like Green Lantern, where there's a corps and a weapon instead.
>>
>>85391469
>Unless you're a Mar-Vell fan.

And I'm one of all three of us.
>>
>>85391532
I doubt anyone bitched about Blade.
>>
>>85392152
Mar-Vell didn't intentionally give Carol powers nor did he die while doing it.
>>
Its prefect. Movie fans dont read comics so by the time the movie comes out when the few casuals that backtrack read the books itll be just like the movie. .

And i guess they arent doing Carol/Rhodey in the MCU. Which means they might do Carol/T'challa
>>
>>85391467
This board was made wau after the first Blade movie came out.

Wolverine never had a defining origin and most people don't like the one Marvel gave him.

Star-Lord's origin wasn't going to translate well to film so it needed the tweaking

People bitched about Ultron, where were you at?

They only updated Iron Man's origin but it's about the same as it ever was

Also it's Ms Marvel.
>>
>>85392152
Human is chosen by a dying member of an elite intergalactic police force to take his place and given control over an extreme power source.

Nova is far more similar in origin than Carol.
>>
>>85391859
She got hulk blood because Bruce is her cousin.

You could make it an organ transfer because Bruce's healing factor. Have the Hulk cells mutate the others or some crap.
>>
>>85392445
That was probably the first draft of the script thou

The movie isn't called "Ms Marvel". In order for Carol to get promoted to Captain, Mar-Vell probably died first-act if he was in the movie at all.
>>
>>85392535
Which doesn't mean shit because we're not getting Nova either
>>
>>85392625
Or they'll just skip the Ms. Marvel phase entirely.
>>
>>85392466
>And i guess they arent doing Carol/Rhodey in the MCU
Why wouldn't they? Rhodey isn't dead, just paralyzed.
>>
>>85392583
Not that different from Carol getting her powers from a "male version" of her

Plus, Universal has half of Hulk's rights, Marvel wont be spliting profits of ver first female-lead film
>>
>>85392701
He's twice her age.
>>
Seeing as how the comics version of Carol is a completely milquetoast character, pushed like hell because she's the closest Marvel has to their own Wonder Woman, hopefully they can actually make her interesting.

That said, I believe it would have been better for a Captain Marvel movie to focus on Monica Rambeau instead. Or, fuck it. Make a Nextwave movie. Marvel owns the movie rights to 4/5 characters in that one anyway.
>>
>>85392701
Don Cheadle's 50.

If they even have a love interest (doubtful) it'll be one from Carol's book. Probably Rossi.
>>
>>85392652
Not under Gunn, but Russos may deliver one for IW

Rumours say Sly is playing a Nova corpsmen in GoTG2 thou
>>
File: She-Hulk benched.jpg (7KB, 134x202px) Image search: [Google]
She-Hulk benched.jpg
7KB, 134x202px
>>85391167
She-Hulk could be Marvel Studios' own Deadpool
>>
>>85390897

I'm not going to see this anyway
>>
File: 1463532926612.jpg (829KB, 1280x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1463532926612.jpg
829KB, 1280x2000px
>>85392737
Carol has much more and better material to draw on than Monica.
>>
>>85392737
You're actually completely right. It's almost certain that movie Carol is going to be a much better character than comics Carol.

But wow, isn't that a huge fucking condemnation of 616 Carol? She's basically a complete failure of a character, or Marvel thinks so. She's such a failure they've basically decided to scoop her out and stuff a completely new character into her skin. That's damning.
>>
>>85392733
She's at least in her mid to late 40's even if you take into account the sliding timescale.
>>
>>85393040
Brie Larson is 26 and this is Carol's origin movie.
>>
>>85393040
In the comics Carol and Rhodey are the same age but in the MCU hes twice her age. Even though Shes supposed to be a colonel which takes 20 years to be promoted. And the actress is 26 .
>>
>>85393135
She probably won't be a colonel in the film
>>
>>85390897
Seems like a smart move staying away from the cancer that is DC. Another 1b box office in the bag
>>
>>85392652
Nova doesn't have much business being on earth
>>
>>85393155
They shoukd have just made her Ms. Marvel then.
It honestlybwould had been better for an older actress but then Marvel couldnt milk her for years after the orginal headliners leave.
>>
>>85393276
Why can't she be Captain Marvel and be, you know, a Captain?
>>
File: avengers annual 10.jpg (1MB, 1280x1228px) Image search: [Google]
avengers annual 10.jpg
1MB, 1280x1228px
>>85393276
Brie will be almost exactly Carol's age when she got her powers. It wouldn't make sense to get an older actress.
>>
File: trashman 4.jpg (64KB, 650x429px) Image search: [Google]
trashman 4.jpg
64KB, 650x429px
>>85390897

>“If you were just going to do a straight adaptation of the comics, her origin story is very similar to Green Lantern. And obviously, that’s not what we want to do. There’s a lot of reinvention that needs to happen,” she said on Any Time With Vin Forte. “We have to be aware of what’s happened in other Marvel film and makes sure that her particular storyline is unique and fun and also fits in within this world that’s going on at the same time.”
>>
>>85393318
>>85393324
Shes better as Ms. Marvel tho. In my opinion.
But i honestly dont care. No matter what Marvel does Carol as Captain Marvel has never appealled to me all that much.
>>
>>85392791
In that case I hope it's not Rich because Gunn will fuck over Rich if he has to include him.
>>
>>85393217
Almost every Nova comic takes place on Earth.
>>
>>85392625
Marv doesn’t need to die honestly if they go with the EMH Kree storyline but focused it on Carol then it should do good for a Captain Marvel movie.
>>
>>85392665
No, some character in the movie will suggest the name Ms. marvel and she'll spout some ham fisted dialogue of how sex doesn't define her. Even though the only reason she is getting a movie is because she is a woman.
>>
>>85390897
Do you guys think this might be Marvel's first dud? Or will the Marvel name be good enough to carry this movie?

Critics will give it a good rating regardless, I mean they gave nu Ghostbusters a good rating.
>>
>>85393546
Shes getting a movie because ScarJo is gonna be leaving soon and they dont have any non Xmen big names that they can market on her own. Plus they need to convince casual shes there WW.
>>
>>85393623
It's opening two months before Avengers 4 and might lead directly into it considering it's cosmic, it definitely won't be a dud
>>
>>85390897
Don't care, all I want is the Kamala cameo.
>>
>>85393546
>Even though the only reason she is getting a movie is because she is a woman.
Face it, it is also because the character share the name with the company. That is why Marvel never abandoned her all these years.
>>
>>85393626
They are going to have to rework Carol's Captain Marvel look then if they are going to appeal to the young girl demographic, Mckelvie's Carol was a mess with that weird ass mask and mohawk and Anka's design is too masculine.

My 7 year old niece loves Wonder Woman and Supergirl and she thinks Wasp looks awesome (particularly EMH Wasp) but I show her anything with Captain Carol and she gives me a "WTF is this shit? You serious?" look or she completely ignores it.

Hell she likes Songbird's design more than she does Carol's Captain Marvel look but sadly the Tbolts aren't kid friendly.
>>
>>85393786
I'd prefer Monica in this and Kamala showing up after IW.
>>
>>85391167
She-Hulk will always be a knockoff and lesser version of the Hulk
>>
This writer did a good job reinventing the GotG for the movie screen. The MCU is very different from the comics, and that's not a bad thing. There's definitely been some improvements. And she's right, a more original origin story is critical at this point when a lot of the movies start seeming very similar and formulaic.
>>
>>85391177
I doubt they'll cut Mar-vell completely. They'll probably use the Kree heavy and he's a big part of that. They'll just shift the origin around a little so Carol doesn't come off as a female version of him.
>>
File: she_hulk.jpg (70KB, 800x654px) Image search: [Google]
she_hulk.jpg
70KB, 800x654px
>>85391167

A tiny actress (great) and a full CGI She-Hulk
>>
File: image.jpg (166KB, 500x534px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
166KB, 500x534px
Make Carol a Air Force pilot, maybe with the Captain rank, make Monica Rambeau her co-pilot in a F-15E.
>>
>>85393913
Even though they basically abandoned everyone else to take the title?
>>
>>85393626

My first choice to play Wonder Woman is Jennifer Lawrence

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/people/chart/?id=jenniferlawrence.htm
>>
>>85394342
God, they're both douchey bitches.
>>
>>85394427
THICC
>>
>>85394442
That's all KSD knows how to write.
>>
>>85391467
How the fuck do you keep Star-Lord's origin intact while starting with a GOTG movie and not make it hokey as fuck?
>>
>>85394342
This is a good idea Anon, we also should introduce other less know Marvel characters like Glenn Talbot and Rick Jones in this movie.
>>
>>85394342
>he's still my ex
Bitch, please.

Also, never read much Carol, but isn't she called Captain Marvel, but was officially bumped to a Colonel or something when joining NASA? I always figured her character was at least in her 30s before getting her powers, and then with the sliding timeline, late thirties by now. This whole rewrite seems unnecessary, her origin is unique in of itself (literally part of NASA as a security chief and had experiences with other heroes while in the Air Force). Alcoholism and everything would make a compelling character, since they skipped it with Iron Man, but I guess they're really going for that 'gotta be the female pillar of Marvel!'.
>>
>>85390897
Jesus Christ, they don't know the difference between Captain Marvel and Nova.

Dafuq....
>>
>>85394422
>Even though they basically abandoned everyone else to take the title?
Marvel had been rather insistent that Captain Marvel should continue to exist. Not for Carol's sake but for the Marvel name.
>>
>>85394427
Maybe she'd put more effort into WW but after the X-Men movies I wouldn't even have thought of considering her for shit.
>>
>>85394651
They're talking about the "Alien hero results in a human getting powers orgin" dumbshit. That's already part of Ms. Marvel's origin.
>>
>>85394427
The shitiest of taste.
>>85393916
I like her taste.
>>
>>85390897
Hope the Kree are still involved in it somehow, Marvel needs to do something interesting with them.

>>85393623
Marvel is at a point where they can shit out anything and people will eat it so it will do good.
>>
>>85394766
Literally Richard Ryder's origin, too, making it a valid argument. But with "Captain Marvel", they're more thank likely going to do an "experimented on by the Kree" angle because that makes it far more dramatic and "empowering". And literal connections to "soldier getting tortured/ptsd and still being a hero" that most military movies have been obsessed with as of late.
>>
>>85390897
>her origin story is very similar to Green Lantern. And obviously, that’s not what we want to do
That's fair, it's not like CAPTAIN MARVEL would want to borrow anything from DC, even accidentally.
>>
File: Mahr_Vehl81648(2).jpg (33KB, 253x353px) Image search: [Google]
Mahr_Vehl81648(2).jpg
33KB, 253x353px
>>85394256
I hope that's the case and if they really want to differentiate her from him even more just use the Mahr-Vehl version.
>>
>>85392806
>"why is She-Hulk such a Deadpool ripoff?"
cant wait
>>
>>85394881
>Literally Richard Ryder's origin, too, making it a valid argument
No it doesn't if someone said "they don't know the difference between Captain Marvel and Nova." What Perlman said is true, because both Nova's and Ms. Marvel's origins are similar to Hal Jordan Green Lantern's.
>>
>>85393434
One of the first things Gunn said about GotG 2 was that his hate boner for Nova has not subsided.
They just announced Richard's coming back. I'm just gonna enjoy that for now, rather than set unrealistically lofty goals like getting a movie.
>>
>>85395015
Nova is but how the fuck is Carol's origin anything like Hal's other than getting powers from an alien and if that is the case then a lot of superheroes have a similar origin to GL.
>>
>>85395057
>hate boner for Nova
I am almost sure he never said he hates Nova. I think he just doesn't find him very interesting.
>>
>>85395057
He also said Rich wasn't going to be in GotG vol 2 so I doubt it.
>>
>>85395103
Watch the movie and tell me turning the Nova Corps into Paul Blarts wasn't done out of hate.
>>
>>85395124
Well I don't have a persecution complex about Nova, so I probably view it a little differently from you.
>>
>>85395057
I'm so sick of hearing this shit.

Gunn wants Quill to be the only human in his movies. Drax and Mantis are getting new backstories for this very reason but you can't change Rich into an alien or he might as well be a different character. Just because Gunn doesn't want to use Nova, or doesn't like the helmet or whatever, doesn't mean he has a hateboner for him. You guys are paranoid as hell.

Besides Rich has no business being in a GOTG movie anyway. He'd be a pointless, tacked-on addition just to sate the fans. If you really give a shit you should recognize that he needs his own movie.
>>
>>85395124
>implying the Nova Corps haven't always been a bunch of jobbers
>>
>>85395080
They didn't get Nova confused with Ms. Marvel, because what they said is perfectly understandable without getting Nova confused with it. It doesn't matter how many comic book superheroes got their powers from an alien hero, The number of movie superheros that share that origin is pretty slim.
>>
>>85395233
He already included the Nova Corps. Why not have the main Nova be there, or at least mention his fucking name?
It's a ridiculous reason to not include him, and the "I hate he helmet" excuse wreaks of bullshit.
You can't bullshit a bullshitter, and I've lied my way out of a DUI.
>>
>>85395280
Not only that, they were less of jobbers than the comic book Nova corps because they helped the heroes by holding the Aster in place, and ensuring Quill's ship had an entrance, and their planet didn't get destroyed at the end.
>>
>>85393135
>And the actress is 26 .

Fuck! Shes had a tough paper round, poor old Brie
>>
>>85395233
>Besides Rich has no business being in a GOTG movie anyway. He'd be a pointless, tacked-on addition just to sate the fans
I agree with this, but please, Russos, pull through. He would make perfect sense in an Infinity War movie, and the writers already mentioned liking the character.
>>
>>85395336
>or at least mention his fucking name?
Because it would be pointless fanservice that makes no sense in the context of the story about the Guardians Gunn was writing? He gave us Rhomann Dey, which gives us the possibility of it later, why is that not enough for you?
>>
>>85395398
Unless they were making a Thanos Imperative movie, I don't think Rich has much purpose being there.
I think there's some interesting history between Nova and Thanos now that should be expanded on, but if they're just doing IG, all that happened there was Thanos turning him into Legos.
>>
>>85395462
>Captain America 2
>Steve is interrogating Hydra agent
>He mentions Steven Strange
There's no connection there, but they do it anyways.
Richard has worked with the GotG several times, and is the fucking leader of the Nova Corps. There's a lot of connection there.
>>
>>85395336
Because you can use the Nova Corps as a galactic entity without dragging Rich into into the picture for no reason other than him being the only one worth a shit. I may be wrong but I'm pretty sure the first time the Corps itself appeared was in Fantastic Four and Rich played no part. Same situation here.

I mean come on man, where would you even fit him in? Either he's a veteran officer that had a bunch of development off-screen, a grunt that happens to also be human, or a shitty post-credits cameo tease (which Rhomann Dey was already kind of nod to.) All of those sound like shit to me. And the first two ruin Gunn's desire for Quill to be a stranger in a strange Galaxy.

No, it's better they leave him until he can be the star of his own story, not a bit player in someone else'.
>>
>>85395494
>Unless they were making a Thanos Imperative movie, I don't think Rich has much purpose being there.
That's his death in the comics, I'm talking about something more like splicing in his Annihilation arc, for the simple reason that it already looks like Xandar is going to get fucked up when Thanos comes for the Power Gem. It's called Infinity War, and I think the story would be helped by having one of the characters it follows be a soldier.
>>
>>85395542
>and is the fucking leader of the Nova Corps.
Not yet.
>>
>>85395573
Before Imperative, the 2 don't have much history.
The only time they met in Annihilation was at the end so Richard could tell him and Death to fuck off. He's leading the team that opposes the one Thanos is on, and I'm pretty sure Thanos only mentioned him once.
>>
>>85395280
Wasn’t that the whole point of the Nova corps though? Unlike the GLs who kooked for worthy and special candidates the Novas recruited the averagest of average people because that way they wouldn't be showboaters or step out of line? It makes sense why they would jobb so much.

I mean Rich was a pretty average dude, he was Peter Parker without the genius part (he would get Cs and Ds on his report card), he was nothing special until Annihilation happen.
>>
>>85395544
>I mean come on man, where would you even fit him in
All I wanted was his name mentioned. There's ton of ways you could fit that.
Hell, they could have just shown his fucking helmet somewhere
>>
>>85395233
I am a Rich fan and I agree, also I don’t want Gunn anywhere near him if he doesn’t like the character or even cares for him because he won't do him good.

Eitheir let Rich stay in the comics only or let someone who likes him direct his film.
>>
>>85395735
It took 5 years for him to come back in comics. I don't think a movie is ever happening.
They haven't even said who's writing him yet, and I'm still taking the high road with this.
>>
>>85395303
So far only GL has an alien involved but Carol's is very different from his and even then they can tweak it enough and still involve the Kree and make it even more different from Hal's.

I hope that's what they are doing, eliminating the Kree out of her origin would be bad.
>>
>>85395706
>All I wanted was his name mentioned. There's ton of ways you could fit that.

Like what? And more importantly what would it accomplish besides weak fanservice?

>Hell, they could have just shown his fucking helmet somewhere

He gets Rhomann Dey's helmet when Dey escapes the destruction of Xandar and Rhomann Dey is in the movie!

Have you even read his origin?
>>
>>85395336
If he doesn't like Rich then it's better he doesn’t use him, let it go.
>>
>>85395648
I think you're missing what I'm saying. The functional part is not the direct relationship between Thanos and Rich, it's Rich's formative experience fighting a war for the universe. I'm assuming in this hypothetical Infinity War movie, it won't JUST be Thanos, alone, with the gauntlet against the Avengers, or else the title "Infinity War" would be pointless, an they might as well just call it "Infinity Gauntlet". He'll most likely have a military force of his own.
>>
>>85395735
>Eitheir let Rich stay in the comics only or let someone who likes him direct his film.
Markus and Mcfeely like him.
>>
File: PikaNova.jpg (28KB, 362x384px) Image search: [Google]
PikaNova.jpg
28KB, 362x384px
>>85395844
I think it'd accomplish about as much as mentioning Dr Strange's name is Winter Soldier.
Plus, I was referring to the glorious Nova Prime helmet.
>>85395848
He already included nearly every other member of the Nova Corps. He should have the one that actually mattered.
He made Iraeni Rael Nova Prime. That girl who was in like 3 issues and nearly got killed by a nameless symbiote.
All we're missing is Richard, Robbie, and Pikachu.
>>
>>85395977
I'm not sure if Perlman said she liked him, but I know she said she put him in the original script for GotG, and we saw how that worked out.
>>
I don't think we need to be worried if the leaks about the WW movie are true, Even an average Captain Marvel movie would be good enough
>>
>>85395862
this is the same company that brought us Weekend of Ultron
>>
File: kw-headshot-21.jpg (988KB, 1999x3000px) Image search: [Google]
kw-headshot-21.jpg
988KB, 1999x3000px
Simple solution make it about Monica
>>
>>85390897
Nice. Good to see Marvel is keeping true to the characters. They're really #4thefans
>>
>>85396035
Oh shit, I totally forgot that Perlman was the same person who worked on GotG before Gunn arrived. Somehow when I heard about her working on Captain Marvel, I got her confused with Thor 2's original director.
>>
>>85395994
Yeah and if you force him to use Rich he would make him some random middle age fat guy who gets killed in 5 seconds while Star-Lord quips about it.

No thanks.
>>
>>85395994
>He should have the one that actually mattered

Not in a damn GOTG movie where Quill is the only human. Now go back to your corner and wait for the Nova movie.
>>
>>85391732
I think they maybe added in a tie to the Mandarin that never even got a real payoff, but that's just retroactively adding a deeper connection to an archenemy that was created later on.
>>
>>85395977
Really? That's cool then, I would be fine with them writing a Rich Rider movie.

>>85396035
She read Annihilation and the other Giffen and DnA Cosmic comics and she has read a lot of old school Cosmic Marvel, so adding Rich might have felt natural to her.

I kind of want to read her GotG drafts to see how they compare to Gunn's final product.
>>
>>85395994
Okay but see thing is nobody would care if Winter Soldier didn't have that reference. While it would have been fine for there to be a Nova reference (beyond all the other ones you already fucking got) it's not a crime against Nova that there isn't one. You're complaining about a lack of something that isn't required to be there in the first place.

And if there had been one I guarantee you of all people would have bitched about it being ONLY a reference and nothing more. Because that's what you live to do apparently.
>>
>>85392652
With Xander looking to get destroyed soon by Thanos, I'm sure we'll get Nova.
>>
>>85396236
I don't see why Quill being the only human mattered so much to him. The dude's been in space for 30 years.
He knew where to find the fucking Power stone, and has casual sex with aliens. He's obviously no stranger to space.
Gunn should have stayed away from the Corps altogether, but since he decided to use them anyways, the main one should have been there.
Plus, I've already said a movie is probably never happening.
>>
File: image.jpg (151KB, 736x749px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
151KB, 736x749px
They knew Carol was getting her own movie for a while, but she's been written as a weirdo in her current incarnation, not someone I'd call a hero.
>>
>>85396296
I don't think that's happening.
I think Xandar is gonna get buttfucked, and that'll be the end of it.
>>
>>85396296
Well Gunn said in one of his Q&A facebook videos that Marvel Studios was looking to expand their cosmic properties beyond GotG.

Besides GotG what other Cosmic sruff can they introduce that's not owned by Fox or Sony? Nova seems like one of the most obvious properties.
>>
>>85396297
>why didn't Gunn ruin the story he wanted to tell for muh fanservice

Will you give it a rest already? If you actually paid attention to the movie it should be obvious to you why Gunn wants Quill to be the only human.

But I assume you were busy thinking about poor Richard Rider the whole time and all the ways the movie slighted him. Or didn't slight him? I can't even tell with you anymore.

I think the only thing you like more than Nova is bitching about how everyone else hates him.
>>
>>85396325
I need context for this.
>>
File: image.png (132KB, 680x308px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
132KB, 680x308px
holy shit I need a richard-human version of this
>>
>>85394542
Talbot is in Agents of SHIELD
>>
File: 1453983170654.png (264KB, 299x687px) Image search: [Google]
1453983170654.png
264KB, 299x687px
>>85396429
Carol knocked her up and she's putting away her motorcycle while she's pregnant.
>>
>>85396428
Stop fucking feeding him then, he won't understand and you keep going so you're just as bad.
>>
Presumably she will be from an ancient race of black space gods who take pity on the poor oppressed blacks of Earth and send her to smash the cis white male patriarchy of evil while sucking every african dick she can find
>>
>>85394256
Just have mar-vell die while giving powers to carol probably.

Makes her a hero in her own right. and we've seen the kree alread, they aren't particularly too human. so she won't seem like a clone of him.
>>
>>85393786
Maybe as a fangirl squeeing at Carol passing by.
>>
>>85396598
>Just have mar-vell die while giving powers to carol probably.
That's exactly what they said they're avoiding!
>>
>>85396655
if they think the reason green lantern failed was because the plot involved a dying alien giving a human incredible powers then they clearly didn't watch green lantern.

green lantern was boss right up until hal comes back to earth and cocks it up to spend time with his wife.
>>
File: Talbot is a smart guy.webm (1MB, 1024x574px) Image search: [Google]
Talbot is a smart guy.webm
1MB, 1024x574px
>>85394542
>>
>>85396598
>Just have mar-vell die while giving powers to carol probably.

Just like Green Lantern then? That's the opposite of what they want.

Also you can make Carol her own character who stands on her own and don't need no man without killing Mar-Vell.

Also Carol's movie ia the perfect mocie to flesh out the Kree, besides I am sure they want to make her cosmic.
>>
>>85396451
Like Marvel Studios cares
>>
File: average captain carol fan.png (216KB, 1080x648px) Image search: [Google]
average captain carol fan.png
216KB, 1080x648px
>>85390897
I don't think your average Capyain Carol fan or Larson would notice a change in her origin anyway.
>>
>>85396332
Nah, especially with Rhomann Dey included I think theyll pursue Nova in Phase 4 or later.

>>85396404
Exactly. Nova is one of the big name cosmic characters so he can be saved for later. Eternals might get used as well, and I wish Marvel still had Rom.
>>
>>85396800
If they gave him to AOS, that means they don't care for the character and never had plans for him.
>>
>>85396932
If Marvel had Rom then Gunn would have fucking jumped and killed to be the director for that movie he loves Rom.

Also Bendis would have been shitting on the Rom comic, last year SDCC Alonso said that if they had Rom that Bendis would have had dibs.

So yeah...
>>
>>85396932
After the way things have gone down for Nova, I doubt the MCU has much interest in him.
It took this long or Marvel to realize his replacement isn't working out.
>>
>>85391470
>>85391732

They removed the whole "trapped in an Iron suit, can't leave it or I will die" angle.

And there are a lot less transistors involved.
>>
>>85390897
As long as they do the opposite of what CBR wants

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/captain-marvel-10-things-we-want-to-see-in-the-movie/view=all

It has a chance of being good.

>>85397020
The MCU just tested the waters for Cosmic Marvel with GotG and it's continuing with IW and supposedly Thor 3 will have some Cosmic stuff and after what >>85396404 mentioned about expanding their Cosmic line them going to Nova would be inevitable especially since Fox has most of their top Cosmic properties.

>>85396889
That has to be a joke
>>
Her origin isn't that close to Green Lantern's BUT to squeeze it into a movie about her, it would have become pretty similar.

>alien comes to earth
>through him, Carol (an airforce pilot) gets powers
>he dies
>she takes on his mantle

>>85396698
It's not that they think the origin is the problem, they just don't want people comparing it to Green Lantern.
>>
>>85397117
The transistors weren’t even a thing for a long ass time in the comics via retcon.

Also the armor thing was adapted into the arc reactor.
>>
>>85397118
I think Nova definitely is the one they should explore for other movies, but Marvel seems to have no interest in him.
After the way he's been treated, I don't see a movie happening. I'm glad he's back in comics, and I'll just enjoy that for now.
>>
>>85397125
Mar-Vell didn't die when he gave Carol her powers there's no reason why he should in the movie especially since that would make it more like GL.

Heck EMH did it in a way where Carol got her powers from him in a very simple non GL and less cluttered way and Mar-Vell didn't die.
>>
>>85397156
We don't know what Marvel Studios is even thinking, again if they are looking to expand their line they would definitely consider him.

He wasn't in GotG because Gunn didn't want to use him, Perlman had him on her draft and Feige said he was ultimately taken out of GotG because he didn't fit with Gunn's new script.

Not to mention Gunn himself said it's possible there could be a Nova movie and that if that was the case he wouldn't be involved in it.

http://heroichollywood.com/james-gunn-nova-marvel-studios-sdcc/

And again he did say Marvel was looking to expand their Cosmic properties for the movies so there's a chance.

But if it never happens then yes I am also OK with having Rich back in the comics (as long as Bendis stays far away).
>>
>>85391086
I don't think they care about the character named carol danvers\captain marvel, they care about the property called carol danvers and are trying to turn it into a profitable character
>>
>>85397266
I'm just not gonna let myself get excited and disappointed when it doesn't happen. I'd love it if a movie for him did happen, but after the way things went after Thanos Imperative, it seems very unlikely
I really don't see a movie being anywhere in Richard's future. It took Marvel 4 and half years to realize they're replacement for him wasn't living up to expectations.
Him returning to comics was big surprise for me. Again, I just don't think a movie for him will pan out.
>>
>>85397006
Fuck
>>
>>85397156
>Marvel seems to have no interest in him.

Comic division =/= movie studios
>>
>>85391086
>They're having to force her so hard to be their big female hero that they're just going to rewrite everything about her.
Rewrite what?

Carol's a fucking nobody. They were always going to overwrite her "story" and give her a new, better one. I've been saying that for four fucking years, don't tell me this is a shocker to you.
>>
Honestly I feel if they take some of her EMH origin and the EMH Kree story and tweak it they can get a very good story for the movie out of it.

This scene in particular
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lYfLG61FEQ

Take the Avengers out since they are in Space battling Thanos, just have Carol take on the Kree and have a big fight against a random Accuser (too bad Gunn wasted Ronan) meanwhile Brandt (or Jessica Drew if they can't use Brandt) tries to stop the space Kree from giving the signal the Kree fleet which will jump start a Kree invasion which will it be game over for Earth.

Her second movie can be an adaptation of the Operation Galactic Storm and Live Kree or Die episodes which has her go to Hala.

Honestly there are a lot of interesting stories that can be made with the Kree and since Carol pretty much lost a lot of her rogue's gallery to the X-Men using them would be really beneficial for her.

Also the idea of Carol establishing SWORD/Alpha Flight/whatever name they can use as basically a SHIELD type of organization that protects Earth from space threats is a really appealing idea (one that I liked in her latest run) and they should definitely go with that for Carol.
>>
>>85396955
This. They're not going to bother contradicting anything on that show for a while, because they only let them play with the toys they didn't want. In a couple years though, like maybe Phase 4, or Phase 5 if there is one, someone will get introduced in the movies who was already on AoS years before, with no explanation, because not enough people making the movies even knew enough about what was in the show or cared.
>>
>>85396095
Why does only /co/ seem to have a raging boner for Monica?

Both her and Carol are boring as fuck.
>>
>>85398422
>/co/ - Waifus & Shipping
>>
>>85392879
It's a condemnation of KSD Captain Marvel.
>>
>>85398422
>Monica
Nextwave, Mighty Avengers and Ultimates have given her a solid fanbase desu.
>>
File: 9Nf5cMX.jpg (558KB, 1280x1928px) Image search: [Google]
9Nf5cMX.jpg
558KB, 1280x1928px
>>85398542

Monica + Thor would have been closest to Thorm MCU could get and they wouldn't have the need to make up africa-american Valkyrie.
>>
File: image.png (193KB, 346x426px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
193KB, 346x426px
I had high hopes I'd see Ronda Rousey as Captain Marvel.
>>
>>85399026
why though
>>
File: 1273966425765.jpg (33KB, 625x335px) Image search: [Google]
1273966425765.jpg
33KB, 625x335px
>>85393916
>but sadly the Tbolts aren't kid friendly.

Most of the original Thunderbolts aren't such edgelords, hell, Wolverine is less kid friendly than them.
>>
>>85398639
Wasn't Nextwave not supposed to be canon, but later books sometimes reference it? I'm absolutely sure a Carol comic I read had Aaron Stack and a robotic Monica Rambeau, and they referenced the "I used to lead the Avengers" joke.
>>
File: daisylash.gif (2MB, 268x400px) Image search: [Google]
daisylash.gif
2MB, 268x400px
>>85397853
technically, Daisy "Quake" Johnson has the most screen time in the entire MCU
>>
File: 1404162212744.jpg (132KB, 580x623px) Image search: [Google]
1404162212744.jpg
132KB, 580x623px
>>85399136
>MCU
>>
>>85393916
>sadly the Tbolts aren't kid friendly.
Are you serious? If we're talking Ellisbolts, yeah, and somewhat Jeff Parker's run with Satana's sexual antics, but they are largely pretty harmless. I mean, Captain America is kind of darker than Tbolts.
>>
>>85391228
But they haven't erased the fascist part at least, she's a fascist right now in Civil War II
>>
>>85399136
I mean, that's the nature of shows vs. movies. Find the MCU wiki, probably any MCU wiki, and it will be bloated with all the random shit the Agents have done. Seriously, pick any year since the start of that show, and look at its timeline page, and it's mostly AoS crap.
http://marvelcinematicuniverse.wikia.com/wiki/2013
http://marvelcinematicuniverse.wikia.com/wiki/2014
http://marvelcinematicuniverse.wikia.com/wiki/2015
>>
File: 1084605-05.jpg (30KB, 324x600px) Image search: [Google]
1084605-05.jpg
30KB, 324x600px
>>85399301

Bottle a day keeps der Führer away.
>>
>>85390897
She's hardly the first MCU character with a new origin, so why does it matter? And of course it needed changing - we don't have Mar-Vell in the MCU, so streamlining was required.

Star-Lord, Drax, Gamora, Nebula, Abomination, Iron Monger, Whiplash, Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, Falcon and Bucky all had largely new origins.
>>
>>85391086
>>85390897
You know when I saw the thread on the catalogue I figured it was changing it so she was the original and "not in need of no man #strongwoman". But, and this may be because I'm a bit of a DC fag, the fact that they're flat out saying the original is too close to Green Lantern is the type of reasoning I don't have a problem with.

>>85391167
I've been saying the same thing. Even if it's a netflix show and you introduce her as Jennifer in Daredevil to work with/against Matt on a case or something.

I've come to feel that they may be waiting to get the Fantastic Four in the MCU and inject her into the four so they can kind of rebrand it instead of working from the pile of burnt, ashy poo it currently is.
>>
I honestly would have loved a Mar-Vell movie instead. Half as a Kree Spy and he's inspired by Cap to realize that Earth is pretty cool and then becomes a hero. Then you kill him in the first act of the sequel and introduce Carol.
>>
>>85399536
Because Carol is such a non entity with little to no defining traits as Captain Marvel, they won't adapt bitch alcoholic fascist Carol, she has no rogues gallery now that the X-Men took them and it's going to be interesting seeing what they will come up with.
>>
>>85399664
Really makes me wonder how much has changed. Originally they were going to introduce Carol in Infinity War Pt 1, then have her solo movie. So keeping Mar-Vell would've been feasible at one point.
>>
>>85399026
She's not an actress
>>
File: Carol.jpg (63KB, 736x1104px) Image search: [Google]
Carol.jpg
63KB, 736x1104px
>>85390897
I'm mad that they cast her just because of WE HAVE AN OSCAR WINNER IN OUR CAST, WE, MARVEL STUDIOS. I was hoping to see someone more looking like the part.
>>
>>85399026
Picture this
>Ellen Page as Jennifer Walters
>Rhonda Rousey as She-Hulk
Pay me, Marvel.
>>
>>85399026
And I wish faggots like you would stop trying to get ugly, non-actresses to start acting.

Literally what would she have brought to the role?
>>
>>85398699
Smooth, Son of Odin.
>>
>>85399026
Get this memefighter out of here.
>>
>>85390897
BUT IT WOULD BE SO EASY TO MCU-ISE AN ORIGIN

First Act
>there is a hero called captain marvel who just turns up one day
>the us govt thinks this is fishy, Lieutenant Carol Danvers is placed in charge of the investigation
>he turns out to be an alien, and apparently part of an alien conspiracy to take over earth by pretending to be superheroes, and gaining public support
>however several times he has done things that negatively effect the conspiracy to save people, making carol think he is actually a good guy

Second Act
>Carol confronts Captain Marvel along with the Marvelbuster shield strike team
>he reveals he has come to love earth and doesnt think it should be taken over
>it turns out the Kree were observing Mar`vell because of his suspected sympathies, and attacks him as soon as he reveals himself
>the other fake heroes attack, but Mar`vel is winning till they use a superweapon that strips him off his powers
>but carol was standing in the way and know she has his powers/costume
>both the shield Marvelbusters and the other kree heroes attack Carol and the now powerless Mar`vell

Third Act
>Mar`Vell and Carol hide in the desert. He teaches Carol how to use the powers.
> Carol turns out to be better at using them than he was, but Carol wants to give them back to Mar`vel
> Mar`vell leaves to force carol to be a hero, convinced he is terrible because he is a traitor to the Kree and a failure as a hero
> Carol gets drunk, for like, a month, is tracked down by the shield Marvelbusters in some shitty bar
>she fights and nearly wins, even drunk, till whichever avenger they could get for a cameo turns up and Carol is captured

FInale Set Up
>The secret kree heroes start their evil plan, they have a forcefield proof against all non-kree weaponry
>the avenger cameo frees Carol to fight them, angering the us govt/shield who think she is part of the Kree conspiracy
>breakout of shield prison

Finale
> big fight against the Kree "heroes", Carol beasts
>>
>>85394628
dont you legaly HAVE to be at least 40 to be a USAF lieutenant
>>
>>85395002
eh she is different enough in her base form/jokes to not be seen as a deadpool rip-off

its more like if the hulk was a character from the office who keeps talking to the camera than a lol so randumb wolverine
>>
>>85400432
>dont you legaly HAVE to be at least 40 to be a USAF lieutenant
It is easier to make an young actress look older, than the reverse. She could stay the same age for the next ten years for the purpose of the franchise.
>>
>>85390897
So we getting Jess in this?
>>
>>85397724
this could work
>>
>>85394628
They are not doing alcoholism now because it's not kid friendly. Back when they did it with Tony in 1 and 2 they weren't yet catering to everyone with the movies. Case in point Tony taking that reporter chick home to fuck.
>>
>>85395002
While it's criminal not to, I don't think they'd approach Shulkie as the fourth-wall breaking joke she was in the comics. They hardly do even IN the comics any more.

Though, yes, the Deadpool comparisons will piss me off if they do go that route.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (232KB, 3000x1800px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
232KB, 3000x1800px
>>85390897
Whoa, Envy Adams' jaw got HUGE.

...I kinda dig it.
>>
So which costume is she gonna be wearing?
>>
>>85390897

Green Lantern, the character who doesn't even exist in the current DC cinematic universe?

They're about as concerned of Carol copying Hal as they were concerned of Thanos copying Darkseid. That is, none at all.

No, this is a chance to revamp a character whose origin was always generic anyways, might as well tie the character into the marvel universe so new fans will have something tangible to latch on to. Like, its an explosion of one of Tony's arc reactors that powers her. Or it was an Air Force attempt as replicating the Army's super-soldier serum for Cap, they were trying to make a flying soldier. Hell, combine them, its an arc-charged serum.

The story is a load of bull, but the result is no biggie. There is precisely zero that is sacred in Carol's origin that cannot be freely jettisoned.
>>
File: mISS mARVEL.jpg (32KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
mISS mARVEL.jpg
32KB, 450x450px
>>85400047
CGI She-Hulk m8
and I wrote this here before
>>85394314
>>
>>85400710
Current comic one I bet. Maybe with a bit more muted colors to be less eyeglaring and missing the sash.
>>
>>85393786
>movie ends on a montage of people being interviewed about Captain Marvel
>praise all around, people asking if she's an avenger, a random guy saying she's a chick and that's cool or some shit
>12 year old Kamala just losing her shit on how cool Captain Marvel is

Would be pretty hype desu
>>
>>85400812
>movie ends on a montage of people being interviewed about Captain Marvel
>praise all around, people asking if she's an avenger, a random guy saying she's a chick and that's cool or some shit
Thanks but I'd take it a bit less on the nose.
>>
>>85392306

When the hell did "flight, strength, durability" become an automatic equation to Kryptonians? Its a generic as hell powerset, it lacks the unique powers like heat vision and super breath, carol gains instead energy projection/absorption.

every time that pic shows up of the superman analogues and i see character like *Wonder Man* listed I just shake my head.
>>
>>85400770
Full CG doesn't work with She-Hulk. She spends 90%+ of her time as She-Hulk and it would look tacky and dated as fuck. Practical effects with a little CG is the best way to do it.
>>
>>85401011
I'm pretty sure they'd drop the "She-Hulk all the time" thing if she appears in a movie. They'd just have her with better control of the transformation, with no need to use anger to transform.
>>
>>85390897
>Young Carol Danvers is orphaned following the deaths of her archaeologist parents

>One night, a mysterious stranger - later revealed to be the spirit of Carol's father - convinces Carol to follow him deep into the subway tunnels. There, Carol finds a marvelous train decorated in hieroglyphics and mystic runes. Carol and the stranger ride the train deep into the bowels of the earth and arrive in a cavern that holds statues epitomizing the Seven Deadly Enemies of Man, including Envy, Lust, Greed, Pride, Wrath, Sloth, and Gluttony. Within the cavern, Carol meets the ancient wizard Shazam, a champion of mankind for thousands of years. Withered with age, Shazam sits on a throne poised beneath a giant stone block suspended above him as if by magic.

>There, the ancient wizard reveals that he has selected Carol to be his champion to fight for good as the "strongest and mightiest woman in the world--Captain Marvel!" To that end, Shazam orders Carol to speak his name

>Carol then says the wizard's name, and is immediately struck by a magic lightning bolt, turning her into Captain Marvel, an adult superhero.
>>
>>85400984
Carol didn't originally get her energy powers from Mar-Vell. That was added later when the Brood started experimenting on her.
>>
>>85401011
>She spends 90%+ of her time as She-Hulk

In comics
we talking about movies
>>
>>85391086
nobody would watch a movie about a 40 year old woman who suddenly becomes a superhero

to be an AF major *and retire* she'd need to be at least 35 because even if she was promoted at the earliest opportunity, her flight hours and training have minimum time requirements that cannot be waived

so you're asking them to put an ex-military woman on their posters and in their movie

you, the board that freaked out when she seemed kind of like she had short hair but actually it was just up in a style that hasn't really been popular since the 1960s and to your minds that somehow made her a dyke

you know nothing

>>85390897
if she's still an AF officer she'll be junior, they don't have Mar-Vell already so she can't get her powers from him by Omni-Wave transference which is her actual comic book origin

as far as how that's like Hal - in his movie he's a test pilot, then he gets superpowers from aliens

like how the Hulk is a scientist, then he makes an amazing discovery and becomes a superhero, just like Iron Man
>>
>>85390897
I'd understand if it were Nova, but Carol? really, I don't see why her origin is similar to any of the Green Laterns.
>>
>>85394314
Fuck, I just ate, I don't want to puke
>>
>>85400047
Jennifer is hot in human form, Ellen isn't. We already have enough average girls possing as hot girls in MCU
>>
>>85403665
Jennifer is a mousy unattractive nerd in human form.
>>
>>85399136
>Daisy will never quake in your face
>>
>>85400770
Marvel can't get anything right with the She Hulk on overpriced paper. What makes you think they'll risk money on CGI.
>>
>>85390897

When I read about that this morning I knew the MRA half of /co/ would get a heart attack.

Get over it, origins get changed for pettier reasons. It's not like she had a particularly great origin and I think it's good that they're not using DeConnicks retcon.
>>
>>85404252
>and I think it's good that they're not using DeConnicks retcon.
What was the retcon and how do you know they're not using it?
>>
>>85403712
Jennifer is a hot librarian, but she doesn't completely feel comfortable with her human form so she covers up until she gains confidence to wear tighter clothes like She-Hulk would. Once she knows working out as a human increases her She-Hulk strength, she gets fit as fuck.
>>
>>85400432
No. Lieutenant is the lowest officer rank and only requires a bachelors degree. Most LTs are right out of college. One can make Captain 3-5 years after being commissioned as an officer. Brie being 26 is perfect timing if her actual rank is Captain. Now once you start talking Major or Lt. Col, most are older and have advanced degrees.
>>
>>85403329
>>85401167
Then don't fucking bother Feige. Let Netflix do it. They've been blowing you fucks out of the water.
>>
>>85404532
In her first arc, KSD attempted to ret-con Mar-Vell's involvement out of Carol's origin by using time travel shenanigans, but Marvel would not let her go through with it. She later did the next best thing and erased Carol's memories again, then had an annoying fangirl (not Kamala) remind Carol of what happened but conveniently omitting Mar-Vell from the recap.
>>
>>85399093
In the recent nova comic he ran into the Captain who said he used to be part of a team. I'm not sure if he said nextwave though.
>>
>>85400399
And the "heros" are those Kree that have the fantastic 4s powers
>>
>>85405459
yessss

and you never even MENTION the FF

its just one rock guy, an invisible girl, a stretchy guy and a fire guy

and then if you do get the rights to the FF later you can say they went to space and were kidnapped by the kree, presumed lost
>>
>>85390897
Carol stories are best when they take full advantage of her character/namesake history and worst when the ditch it all to do generic OC shit.
Maybe it'll change, but at the moment this looks like a worst case scenario.
>>
File: ...!.png (158KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
...!.png
158KB, 700x700px
>>85391086
>Carol was the best option Marvel had specifically because of the rich lore afforded by the Captain Marvel connection
>they ditch that connection anyway
I hate to agree with you... but I agree with you.
>>
File: what a pleasant surprise.png (332KB, 402x406px) Image search: [Google]
what a pleasant surprise.png
332KB, 402x406px
>>85391167
It'd never happen anyway because of what >>85392806 said. She's a full-blown comedy character.
The implications of making that your lead superheroine are, y'know, problematic. IlluminatedAnon's "make her CUTE!" comic comes to mind.
>>
>>85391325
What'd Phylla do all that bad exactly?
>>
File: 1421817870420.jpg (53KB, 841x614px) Image search: [Google]
1421817870420.jpg
53KB, 841x614px
>>85391818
>giving Carol powers is all Marv ever did
The won't do anything with Mar-Vell when they explicitly say "we won't do anything with Mar-Vell".
>>
>>85406607
>giving Carol powers is all Marv ever did
That and die.
>>
>>85393546
2bf Captain Marvel as a namebrand's about as big as either Black Panther or Doctor Strange. And certainly bigger than fucking Inhumans.
We'd probably one anyway if one of the others kept the name.
>>
>>85392737
>It's an "I actually know nothing about these characters" episode
>>
File: 1.jpg (520KB, 1280x1985px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
520KB, 1280x1985px
>>85398422
This.
If you're gonna go the #ANYONEBUTCAROL route at least go with the good character.
>>
>>85406442
>IlluminatedAnon's "make her CUTE!" comic comes to mind.

Post?

>>85406482
Seconding this question.
>>
>>85392854
Monica is essentially the Al Bundy of Marvel superheroes.
>>
File: 1.gif (1MB, 500x461px) Image search: [Google]
1.gif
1MB, 500x461px
>>85399664
>>85399902
>mfw this is one big ruse cruise and they're gonna blast through the Mar-Vell dies stuff in Infinity War instead
>>
>>85390897
I really dont know what they are even doing this for. Its too late. Little girls will have had 4 years of Wonder Woman movies by this point.
>>
>>85400741
>Hell, combine them, its an arc-charged serum.
>that's why her outfits a red-blue combo
Pottery.
>>
>>85403712
>mousy
>unattractive
does not compute
>>
>>85405097
This is factually false. You've been called out on it before. Please stop shitposting.
>>
File: CaptainMarvel33_04.jpg (373KB, 900x1304px) Image search: [Google]
CaptainMarvel33_04.jpg
373KB, 900x1304px
>>85406675
Used to think the same thing. Then I actually read his stuff.
>>
>>85407233
>I really dont know what they are even doing this for. Its too late. Little girls will have had 4 years of Wonder Woman movies by this point.
Actually knowing my neice, little girls got their Marvel and DC via the lego movies and TV series. She had not seen EITHER of the major live action film universes because she is too young, but she knew all the superheroes anyway. The weird thing is she knows about Antman as much as she knows Wonderwoman, which is a credit to Marvel.
>>
>>85397118
That list's fine though.
A little on the bland side. But hey if you're gonna include "her cat, Chewie" as one of the top 10 most vital additions you're probably only familiar the blander stuff anyway.
I'd argue the cameo shit's unnecessary, but it's not unprecedented. Also don't fucking rush into Kamala goddamn, save her for a sequel.
>>
>>85407233
>THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE
Kinda underlines the very problem desu senpai.
>>
File: carol corps.jpg (111KB, 800x287px) Image search: [Google]
carol corps.jpg
111KB, 800x287px
>>85407904
CBR has always been proudly pleb tier.
>>
>>85393377
Carol's best at epic Cosmic stuff IMO so the upgrade to Captain Marvel was ideal.
Plus 3 years in Kamala's already a more distinctive Ms Marvel than she ever was so it all worked out.
>>
File: Carol Burgers.jpg (549KB, 1116x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Carol Burgers.jpg
549KB, 1116x1920px
>>85397118

>That god awful time travel arc
>Her stupid cat
>Basing anything off KSD's run
>>
>>85407172
My copy's currently buried in a folder of 5000, otherwise I'd have posted it myself.
Basically he shopped together various panels to make the point that many of Marvel's female-oriented superheroine comics are stakeless ditzy CUTEfests that don't take anything seriously. In fact, you know what? Read one of this week's ANADA annual storytimes, perfect example. And I really liked that comic.
She-Hulk, or at least a faithfully adapted She-Hulk, exemplifies that to the fullest. Marvel's female superhero slate halves when you add "serious" to the search engine.
>>
>>85397118
For any anti-pageview objectivists:
>10. Pants!
>9. The New Ms. Marvel
>8. A Fight in Space
>7. At least one Guardian of the Galaxy
>6. Her Cat, Chewie
>5. A Superhero Best Friend
>4. Some remanant of feminist iconography
>3. "In Pursuit of Flight," the Time Travel Arc from "Captain Marvel" #1-6 (2012)
>2. A Visit from Tony Stark
>1. "Carol Danvers as Chuck Yeager"
>>
File: oh shit Nextwave was right.jpg (38KB, 121x559px) Image search: [Google]
oh shit Nextwave was right.jpg
38KB, 121x559px
>>85407185
I'm not familiar with that show. Elaborate, please?
>>
>>85408363
>Pants!

These people sure are easy to please. Lots of movies have pants in them!
>>
>>85408551
Like Al, Monica is stuck in a life that shows her no respect from anybody or anything, with only a single personal achievement to brag about to people... over and over again.
>>
File: pv1_5_3.jpg (369KB, 912x1368px) Image search: [Google]
pv1_5_3.jpg
369KB, 912x1368px
>>85390897
You know, after reading some of the stuff in this thread I think there's a chance we're totally overreacting and the "change" is going to be minimal.
From the part of >>85397118's link that >>85408076 is talking about:
>Historically, Danvers received her powers because she was in the wrong place at the wrong time, and the alien Mar Vell shielded her from an explosion. The explosion caused his DNA to fuse with hers, and she awoke with superhuman powers.
>Of course, this origin story makes Danvers a passive participant in her own story. By bringing Carol back to the very moment of her superhero origins, DeConnick gave her the opportunity to choose whether or not to become a hero, rather than to have the choice made for her. It would be great to see "Captain Marvel" accomplish the same.
I don't think CBR literally want that "godawful time travel arc" so much as they want the spirit of it. Carol's here now because of a long winding series of coincidences, not by design. In Mar-Vell's comic she was literally a Damsel in Distress, nothing more. It wasn't even intended as an "origin", that was retconned in 10 years later when Marvel decided they wanted a chick hero comic.
Maybe Perlman's thinking the same thing. Only she doesn't have any canon to tip-toe around. For all we know the movie will still include Mar-Vell, Yon-Rogg, a Magne-Psychetron etc. except that Carol kicks Rogg in the dick, activates the machine of her own volition and is the one flying Marv to safety instead.
>>
>>85392152
That isn't her origin.

In addition, Mar-Vell died years later.
>>
>>85408806
I think they mean women wearing pants rather than skirts.
>>
>>85393623
Spider-Man will be the first dud. Financially it will do fine but it will be poorly received and tarnish the name further.
>>
>>85391086
>what do you mean superheros are more about iconography than lore and plot
>>
>>85393623
>Do you guys think this might be Marvel's first dud? Or will the Marvel name be good enough to carry this movie?
Marvel has mastered the art of maintaining minimum standards. That's their secret; you don't get a franchise by being good some of the time, you get a franchise by making sure you NEVER suck too much.

Marvel made sure you always get your money's worth, even if it usually isn't oscar worthy. What matters isn't how good it can get, but how bad it could get.
>>
>>85409488
Why would Carol be wearing a skirt?
>>
>>85408225
>ANADA

What's ANADA?

Also, She-Hulk has never been a particularly serious character, she was breaking the 4th wall before anyone heard of Deadpool.

>>85408363
>>10. Pants!

Who the fuck wants to see a superhero in pants?

>1. "Carol Danvers as Chuck Yeager"

If Marvel's trying to make her less like Hal Jordan, that won't happen.
>>
File: CprltqXWIAASjhI.jpg large.jpg (126KB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
CprltqXWIAASjhI.jpg large.jpg
126KB, 1136x640px
For reference, this is how Marvel is currently summarizing her origin.
>>
File: CprltsiWAAEOe8A.jpg large.jpg (110KB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
CprltsiWAAEOe8A.jpg large.jpg
110KB, 1136x640px
>>85410476
So I'd say it's very unlikely that Mar-Vell will be involved in the movie.
>>
File: al bundy reaction face.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
al bundy reaction face.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>>85408551
>not familiar with Married with Children

Kids these days, I swear...
>>
>>85400812
I didn't know Paul Feig was directing this movie
>>
>>85408836
Thanks. What's his personal achievement?
>>85410502
I'm not 'murican.
>>
File: 36a.jpg (73KB, 396x1076px) Image search: [Google]
36a.jpg
73KB, 396x1076px
>>85410476
>>85410500
>using Psyche-fucking-Magnetron
>not having Marv so much as show up
Yeah okay.
Fuck's sake why is providing the DNA the be-all-end-all to you people?
>>
>>85411000
>Thanks. What's his personal achievement?
Al was big in high school football, constantly boasting about scoring four touchdowns in a single game. Then he got married and it was all downhill from there.
>>
You know what I just realized.
The headlines will probably be like this:
>"Wonder Woman" Was The First Female-Led Superhero Movie. "Captain Marvel" Is The First Female-Led Superhero Movie Done Right.

I can almost hear the hounds.
>>
>>85411387
jej
>>85411456
Double jej
>>
>>85411456
That's because Brie Larson isn't Jewish so the SJWs are fine with her.
>>
>>85412342
GAZA
>>
>>85412480
HOW DARE THE JEWS FIGHT BACK!

THEY'RE ONLY ACCEPTABLE AS VICTIMS!
>>
>>85412565
What a strange way to spell MUST
>>
>>85412606
Must?
>>
File: gaza camera.jpg (49KB, 360x360px) Image search: [Google]
gaza camera.jpg
49KB, 360x360px
>>85413270
Is this a meme I'm not aware of?
>>
>>85413502
Evidently so. No biggie.
>>
>>85391467
I honestly prefer Star-Lord's movie origin. People talk about "Memelord" but I think the 80s manchild angle added a lot of charm to his character while still highlighting the also childlike love of space he's always had.
>>
File: gaza rooster at battle.jpg (2MB, 1940x1455px) Image search: [Google]
gaza rooster at battle.jpg
2MB, 1940x1455px
>>85413672
Nothing on ED or KYM, so could you fill me in?
>>
>>85413984
Way ahead of you actually. You just have to find it. :^)
>>
>>85413936
Besides the comics "origin" was already retconned by like his fourth appearance.
>>
>>85390897
This is bullshit.
Thread posts: 288
Thread images: 46

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.