[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So saw this thread and I was wondering, how did Saga get so big?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: download (3).jpg (11KB, 181x279px) Image search: [Google]
download (3).jpg
11KB, 181x279px
So saw this thread and I was wondering, how did Saga get so big? I mean, it's okay but not like GOAT tier. My best guess is that it just filled a niche comics didn't have at the time what with the whole Sci fantasy worldbuilding genre, but even so going in I was expecting a cultural juggernaut, not okay Whedonesque Star Wars fanfic
>>
>>85270159
Well, I was pretty crazy for it back in the day it was just released, loved the designs and the story.
I really need to catch up to it.
>>
File: 1306791618165.jpg (7KB, 200x200px)
1306791618165.jpg
7KB, 200x200px
feel like it had a lot of influence on the new Image aesthetic, also it was tumblr/women-friendly

its first 2 volumes were better than it is now
>>
>>85270577
>first 2 volumes were better than it is now
How could it get any worse than that?
>>
>>85271046

You read Saga and you ask how it could get any worse?
>>
>>85271046
when they kill off the only good character's sister, and basically forget about him for a while
>>
> So it's been 5 hours since the last Saga thread and I got upset and confused by this

Stop begging Hollywood for an adaptation Brian
>>
It was something different that came around right before Image started saturating the market with dull creator owned books.

Prophet is the much better Image sci-fantasy book.
>>
>>85271660
>before Image started saturating the market with dull creator owned
Image is, and has been since creation, by definition a creator owned publisher and don't try to weasel out of this by pointing to your adjective, newfag
>>
It was basically the poster child for Image

not a cape, not action focused, not for youth/everyone

It helped that it started off relatively strong
>>
>>85270159
Vertigo was getting absorbed into DC proper so similar books had no outlet, Vaughn was a hot commodity after Y:the last man, it was different from most stuff on the shelf, and honestly it was really good for ~16 issues.
>>
>>85271958
>Vaughn was a hot commodity after Lost

Ftfy
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.