[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Since I started reading comics, I've mostly been into DC

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6

File: Marvel-Comics-800x420.jpg (162KB, 800x420px) Image search: [Google]
Marvel-Comics-800x420.jpg
162KB, 800x420px
Since I started reading comics, I've mostly been into DC books. The only Marvel stuff I'm into so far have been X-men and Daredevil. I've read most of Claremont's run now and I've read all of Miller's Daredevil.

Now I feel like I want to get into more Marvel stuff. What runs on different titles would /co/ recommend? I'm fine with older stuff, newer stuff and on-goings, if there are any good. Stuff I've tried so far only really includes Amazing and Ultimate Spider-Man outside of X-men and Daredevil.

So, what's some really good Marvel titles I can dig into next?
>>
>Marvel shit I really like and happily recommend
Miracleman
Omega the Unknown
Squadron Supreme

Also,
>only naming two publishers
I sincerely hope that you're not limiting yourself to only/mostly them.
>>
File: 1444268391334.jpg (519KB, 1960x1810px) Image search: [Google]
1444268391334.jpg
519KB, 1960x1810px
>>85248573
>>
>>85248675
I'm relatively new to comics, so far I've only read Marvel and DC stuff. But no, I'll happily take suggestions from companies other than the big two.
>>
>>85248729
Thanks, this look neat as fuck.
>>
>>85248770
Yeah, this is all from before Cosmic Marvel went to shit.
You also might want to check out Nova vol. 5 if you're in the mood for something more lighthearted, /co/ hates it but I loved it.
Oh, and if you want a short fun read, try Al Ewing's Contest of Champions, which just ended. It's got a bunch of heroes duffing each other up, and a genius Hulk from the future.
>>
>>85248770
If you want older Cosmic, Starlin and Englehart are your men.
>>
File: 1470545041905.jpg (2MB, 1840x2400px) Image search: [Google]
1470545041905.jpg
2MB, 1840x2400px
>>85248750
Here are some of /co/'s most-popular recommendations for new readers. I'll post some more Marvel in a moment.
>>
File: 1400972880010.jpg (744KB, 1350x1475px) Image search: [Google]
1400972880010.jpg
744KB, 1350x1475px
>>85248875
And here's more Marvel.
>>
Lee/Kirby F4
Ditko/Lee/Romita Spider-Man
Simonson Thor
Thunderbolts
Nextwave
Superior Foes of Spider-Man
Remender's Xforce
Spurrier's Xbooks
>>
Op here, big thanks to everyone so far, saving all these recommendations!
>>
File: 1446407365373.jpg (781KB, 1946x1660px) Image search: [Google]
1446407365373.jpg
781KB, 1946x1660px
>>85248875
Here's the Intermediate Level follow-up.
>>
Op here again, is Brubaker's stuff on Captain America and Daredevil as good as most of his other stuff? Really liked his Batman run.

Also, just something DC related, is Tom King's Omega Men any good? Do I need to read anything before it?

Thanks for all the help guys.
>>
>>85248875
>putting Orc Stain there
Now that's just cruel. Like going out of your way to blue ball someone.
>>
>>85248815
>/co/ hates it
A handful of really loud, really autistic, and perpetually angry Richfags (who despite claiming Richard Rider is the greatest superhero of all time have never read anything starring him from before Annihilation) hate it. Most of /co/ either likes it or is indifferent towards it.
>>
>>85250586
Brubaker Captain America run is really good. Its probably actually the best place to start if your going to get into post 2005 Marvel.
>>
>>85248675
Miracleman hardly counts. They bought that after the fact.
>>
>>85250586
Brubaker Cap is great, haven't read his Daredevil though. As for Omega Men, definitely great too and you don't need to know anything beforehand. Just be sure to also read the 8 page preview before starting.

Since many people recommended older stuff, I'm just gonna add Ewing's Ultimates and Contest of Champions, King's Vision and Lemire's Moon Knight for recent ongoings.
>>
>>85248573
Here's my go-to Marvel recommendation list:
>Marvels & Marvels: Eye of the Camera
>Earth-X
>Shooter's Marvel Superheroes: Secret Wars
>Hickman's Fantastic Four
>Bendis' Ultimate Spider-man
>Miller's Daredevil
>Simonson's Thor
>Busiek's Avengers
>Gruenwald's Squadron Supreme
>Morrison's New X-men
>Ellis' Moon Knight
>Iron man: Extremis
>Kelly's Deadpool
>Ennis' Punisher MAX
>Starlin's Warlock/Thanos Quest/Infinity Gauntlet
>Annihilation + all the tie-ins
>Steranko's Nick Fury, Agent of SHIELD
>Fraction's Immortal Iron Fist
>Spencer's Superior Foes of Spider-man
>Thunderbolts (everything except Fightbolts and Frankbolts which I don't know the issues for off the top of my head)
>Death of Captain Marvel
>Fraction's Hawkeye
>Millar's Ultimates 1 & 2
>Peter David's Incredible Hulk (or at least Future Imperfect since his run on Hulk is extremely long with some ups and downs, but FI is a pretty self-contained story within it and one of the highest points)
>X-Statix
>Remender's Uncanny X-force
>Silver Surfer: Requiem
>Bendis' Alias
>Ellis' NEXTWAVE
>Gillen's Journey into Mystery
>The Original Writer's Miracleman
>Moore's Captain Britain
>Kirby's The Eternals
>Lee/Jenkins' Inhumans
>Brubaker's Captain America
>BKV's Runaways
>Gerber's Howard the Duck
There ya' go. That'll get you a nice cross-section of most Marvel franchises. Then the ones you liked the most, you can dig deeper into those particular characters' other great runs/stories.
>>
>>85250795
Damn, thanks.

>>85250721
Think I might actually pick up some Capn' then.
>>
File: 1414047685446.jpg (23KB, 498x357px) Image search: [Google]
1414047685446.jpg
23KB, 498x357px
Op here again. /co/ you are really awesome. I outright stated in the OP that I'm mainly a DC fan (so far) and not one of you has given me shit for it, not one of you has started company wars so far in the thread. Sometimes /co/mrades, you really shine. Thanks again for the all the help, and keep it coming and keep discussing your favorite comics stuff.
>>
>>85250697
Nearly everyone I've met who knows what it is hates it.
>>
>>85248573
Nextwave
Moon Knight v1 #11-15, 22-26, 28-30
Warren Ellis' Moon Knight run
Garth Ennis' Punisher run
Steve Gerber's Foolkiller miniseries
Walt Simonson's Thor run
Steve Gerber's Man-Thing run
Sensational She-Hulk
Peter David's Hulk run
Greg Pak's Hulk run
Fury MAX - My War Gone By
John Byrne's Fantastic Four
The Ultimates
The Ultimates 2
Silver Surfer Requiem (this will blow your fucking mind)
Lee/Kirby's Fantastic Four (if you're will to go REALLY old school)
Stan Lee's Amazing Spider-Man (if you're will to go REALLY old school)
>>
>>85252030
>Silver Surfer Requiem (this will blow your fucking mind)

Someone should storytime this for OP.
>>
>>85252052
No, it's complete shit, just like everything JMS.
>>
>>85251478
>not one of you has started company wars so far in the thread
99% of the company war shitposters on /co/ are only here for live-action garbage, so things like recommendation threads tend to get ignored by them.
>>
>>85250697
I mean, /co/ isn't a hivemind, but a lot more people hate it than just Richfags.
And they can have whatever opinion they want, but that doesn't justify their "when will sam die/fade away so muh superior green lantern can take over" faggotry.
>>
>>85252030
>Nextwave
Hey, OP, if you're down with storytimes... >85212869
>>
>>85252536
...Fuck. >>85212869
>>
>>85252515
It's obnoxious, but hopefully once Rich is actually back they'll stop. I mean, at that point their bitching will likely shift to "Why is this series so awful! Bring back DnA! Why is Rich involved in Civil War 3!"

Even if his new ongoing ends up being good, there's no way in hell the Richfags won't bitch that it's not good enough.
>>
>>85252515
It's not like they're wrong. Sam hasn't a good response and Marvel clearly doesn't know what to do with him.
He's gonna be on a fee more teams until either disappearing or getting killed off.
>>
This is mostly modern stuff because it's what I buy from Comixology:

>Brubaker's Captain America
>Bendis Daredevil followed by Waid's Daredevil
>Cable & Deadpool
>Duggan & Posehn's Deadpool
>Fraction's FF
>Aaron's Ghostrider
>Brubaker & Fraction's Immortal Iron Fist
>Fraction's Hawkeye
>Hawkeye Vs Deadpool
>Gillen's Journey Into Mistery
>Yost's Scarlet Spider
>Yost's New Warriors
>Spider-man & The X-men
>Superior Foes of Spiderman
>Thor: God of Thunder
>Remender's Uncanny X-force

I read most of these without any backup and it only was slightly confusing but if you have any trouble feel free to ask someone.
>>
>>85254764
Why not Brubaker's DD run?
>>
>>85254991
uh...I skipped that somehow, gotta read it myself.
>>
>>85248573
Tomb of Dracula is Marv Wolfman and Gene Colan at their best
>>
>>85255336
It's pretty good, on par with Bendis
>>
>>85255492
I can confirm. Doesn't get enough recognition.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.