[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just "finished" watching this show for the first

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: Sym-Bionic_Titan_logo.svg.png (66KB, 1280x768px) Image search: [Google]
Sym-Bionic_Titan_logo.svg.png
66KB, 1280x768px
I just "finished" watching this show for the first time. I went in knowing it was canceled but at least it "ended" on a happy note so I can't be completely salty.

I appreciated Lance and Ilana's character development. At the start of the series I wasn't really rooting for either of them but they came into their own as the episodes past.

Octus still a best. And his relationship with Kimmy was cute and felt genuine.

Never really cared for the actual design of the Titan though.
>>
>>85246214
>I can't be completely salty.
That makes one of us. This show got cancelled because capitalism doesn't work. CN figured out that beautifully crafted masterpieces like this make the exact same amount of money as shows that take fuck all animating like Johnny Test and Problem Solverz the only difference was that Sym-Bionic Titan cost more to make, meaning that shit is more profitable than gold.

So, they wrote Sym-Bionic Titan off as a commercial failure, so that they would get all their money back. The downside is that they are no longer allowed to profit off of those 20 episodes for a set amount of time (not sure how long) which is why we never got a DVD release, or any toys, teeshirts and shit.

They shitcanned one of the greatest childrens shows in order to exploit a legal loophole designed to protect small companies (You know, the ones that don't have the financial infrustructure to sustain themselves if one of their shows fails. E.G. Any company that isn't Cartoon Network) so they could make money off of something that was already making them money, just not as much as they wanted.

As far as this matter ins concerned, I am saltier than the fucking Nevada Salt-Flats
>>
File: 1456954397683.webm (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1456954397683.webm
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>85246414
I didn't have that context or information before. So thanks for that.
>>
>>85246214
>Never really cared for the actual design of the Titan though.
I've never talked about this in any of these threads, I now realize, but yeah, the Titan design is bland as fuck. The individual designs of Ilana's and Lance's robots are so much more interesting. I wished they weren't useless pieces of junk so we would've seen them more.
>>
>>85246714
I think it was a combination of the face and the clear armor. Space Titan was cool though.
>>
You're lucky you went in knowing it was cancelled. I watched as it came out, and finding out it wasn't getting renewed made me completely salty as fuck. It was a solid show and felt like it was setting up a lot of stuff.
>>
This show had some really great action scenes. You got the sense that everyone working on this show really wanted to put out something grand.

I feel like a lot of shows on CN now that try to action scenes always fall flat. They feel floatly and the hits never feel like they connect in a big way. I think it has something to do with the notion that fluent animation automatically means good or appropriate animation.

I may just be crazy, though.
>>
>>85246414
This show was pretty good, but it's no masterpiece.
>>
>>85247101
I feel like /co/ learning that all its favorite shows died is one contributing factor for why this board went downhill these past few years.
>>
File: galalunaduel.webm (3MB, 560x315px) Image search: [Google]
galalunaduel.webm
3MB, 560x315px
>>85247484
Genndy is just a great director.
>>
>>85249879
This makes me pretty interested in seeing the new season of Samurai Jack's fight scenes. I loved the old show, but it's choreography left a lot to be desired most of the time.
>>
>>85249879
>The sword track HHHNNNNNNG
>>
>>85246714
>The individual designs of Ilana's and Lance's robots are so much more interesting.
They were really, really cool.

And if anything, the show was pretty good about occasionally actually using them in battle.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.