[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>We live in a world where a pyrokinetic gangbanger is more

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 111
Thread images: 8

>We live in a world where a pyrokinetic gangbanger is more likeable than Superman
The fuck?
>>
BRAVO SNYDER
>>
Snyder has no talent
>>
Snyder's Superman is still better written, better designed, and more interesting. Sure, he gets everything wrong about Superman because Snyder's a Batcuck and every character's portrayal reflects Batman's ideology and exists to make Batman look good, but at least there's something resembling a vision there. A generic as fuck cholo barely even qualifies as a character.
>>
People are already starting to like Tyler's Superman than Henry's. I reckon when Supergirl debuts people are gonna fully latch onto him. It helps that this Superman is seemly allowed to smile.

Poor Caville
>>
>>85244220
RIP
>>
>>85244220
I'd watch an El Diablo movie.
>>
I found Superman to be very likable.
>>
What is your guy's deal with Cavill's superman?
>>
>>85244220
You liked him? He was that guy in the group that was nice until one little thing set him off and then he just "couldn't control his anger, bro!". I hate people like that.

The dude gets angry at his wife because she doesn't want a criminal for a husband, and then he cooks his family alive. We're supposed for feel...sympathetic for that?
>>
>>85246890
>>85246869
Go away, Snyder
>>
>>85246959
What? I don't like Snyder's Superman either. Honestly I don't think I've found a single character in the DCEU to be likable.
>>
>>85246890
The whole point is that he is a piece of shit that doesn't want to be a piece of shit anymore.This is made clear after his very first appearance. His character arc is much better than Deadshot's, who spares Harley's life for no reason other than talking to her for 5 minutes.
>>
>>85247046
He's probably the only character in the movie with something that could be loosely called an "arc", and I really wasn't convinced by his repentance. He did a nice thing. I guess that redeems him, but I sure as hell don't like him.

Although I really do want a reaction gif of him just spelling "BYE" in fire.
>>
File: image.jpg (59KB, 600x397px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
59KB, 600x397px
I hate you Snyder.
>>
>>85244358
>Snyder's Superman is still better written, better designed, and more interesting
> Sure, he gets everything wrong about Superman

?
>>
>>85246869
Think of comic book characters like you were building a character for a role playing game. You have different stats like Strength, Wisdom, Dexterity, Charisma, Constitution, Willpower, etc. You have to decide where to put a set number of points. You can put them all into one category or spread them out. When you don't put points in a stat, you get a penalty. A character with low defense or constitution will die from wounds another might not. A character with low intelligence won't be allowed to think his way out of a trap.

So if you want to make your RPG character like Flash, you will will obviously have to put a lot of points into Dexterity. Batman has high willpower and intelligence. Wonder Woman is all about Wisdom and Dexterity. Green Lantern has Willpower baked into his characterization.

Superman? He's got shitloads of strength yes. But his other important stat, maybe even more important that his strength or endurance, is is Charisma.

Snyder's Superman though? He doesn't spend any points in the Charisma stat, so when he rolls for the character, the poor reception you're seeing is the penalty.. And it's especially disappointing, because Cavill as a person has more natural charisma than his character is allowed to have.
>>
I admit to knowing nothing about this guy, but was that transformation he pulls when fighting Incubus established beforehand, and I missed it?
>>
>>85247499
No, it was an asspull. The only kind of hint we get is when he sometimes makes makes constructs with his flames
>>
>>85247228
Do you really not understand that someone can be a good character without being comics Superman?
>>
>>85244220
Fuck off faggot
>>
>>85247716
Being a good character isn't the issue.
The issue is that you guys defending the characterization seem flummoxed as to why a character that by design is meant to be kind of unlikable isn't liked.
>>
>>85247499
Well we did have a hint is one of those advertisements where both Enchantress and his powers true limits were said to be unknown.
>>
>>85247499
Was he metahuman or he was magic?
>>
>>85247911
Are all metahumans magic or is magic just metahumans? How can you even tell?
>>
>>85244358
No to all this crap.
>>
>>85246890
Did you not watch the movie or something?

That was the entire reason he turned himself in.
>>
>>85248010
Followed by him torching a prison yard full of people.

I'm not saying that he didn't do the right thing by turning himself in. I'm more talking about his flashback while the Squad is in the bar. The way they frame him talking about killing his family made it sound more like a "Boo hoo, poor Diablo's family" than "Wow, you shitbag. You killed your family."
>>
>>85247499
No. He talks about how something feeds off his power and how his power wasn't given to him by god, but it doesn't hint at what it is.

In the comics he's posessed by an Aztec god, so it makes sense, but if you don't know that or put the clues together it can be surprising.

>>85247650
It wasn't an asspull; it's part of the character's background.
>>
>>85248086
>The way they frame him talking about killing his family made it sound more like a "Boo hoo, poor Diablo's family" than "Wow, you shitbag. You killed your family."

Did you not watch the bar scene?
>>
>>85247499
It was a total asspull. The only hint of it was that he said his powers were "from the devil" which was hinting that they were mystical, but everyone else acted like he was a meta.

Plus, when he transformed, he somehow spoke the same ancient language as Enchantress and Incubus? Why? Is he of the same race? What?

This movie sucked.
>>
>>85246783
this
>>
>>85244220
who did he gangbang in that movie?
>>
>>85248121
I did anon. Asking me if I've watched each scene that I talk about doesn't really help things along. I saw the movie, pinky promise.
>>
File: Cao_Cao_over_and_out.gif (2MB, 320x200px) Image search: [Google]
Cao_Cao_over_and_out.gif
2MB, 320x200px
>>85244358
>Snyder's Superman is still better written
>>
>>85248136
>ancient language

...it was Spanish. He spoke Spanish, you mongoloid.
>>
>>85248136
He was speaking Spanish, dummy
>>
>>85244220
that moment when his intro plays

that moment when he unleashed that Aztec fire devil

HOLY COW THIS GUY IS AWESOME
>>
>>85248160
Then I guess you saw the part where immediately after he admits to killing his family Boomerang is disgusted and Harley chews him out?
>>
>>85248146
The Gangsters.
>>
>>85248185
Oh, really? I didn't understand it since it was so distorted. Whoops. I just figured he was somehow talking TO Enchantress and Incubus in their own tongue.
>>
>>85248136
>ancient language

Ah yes, the ancient mystical language "Spanish"

Why are Marveldrones so fucking dumb?
>>
>>85248213
Yeah, that happened. But weren't we as the audience supposed to be going "Aw, Boomer, Harley, let up on him!" I dunno, that's what I felt like they were steering us toward.
>>
>>85247499
there were several times he insinuated he had a devil inside and was born with a demons gift, then he was classified with unlimited power and he also made the demons face when failing to threaten Boomer.

Comics diablo did somthing similar in the last Seeley issue
>>
>>85248146
Ur mum
>>
>>85248086
>Followed by him torching a prison yard full of people.
they tried to fucking shank him
>>
>>85248290
He also said he'd rather die in peace than raise his fists again.
>>
>>85248136
Well yeah, he didn't know where his powers came from. People just thought he was a genetic anomaly with powers.

Also generally "Metahuman" is used as a blanket term for people who get powers, not just people with the Metagene.
>>
Did you guys like the transformation? As a spic, his mannerisms and language in that headdress was pretty fucking cool to see.
>>
>>85248325
how was any of that Mexican
>>
>>85248325
I've heard he's popular with Latinos since he's the only one presented as a hero in a cape movie besides Ant Man's fat friend.
>>
>>85248325
My Hispanic friend liked him a lot
>>
>>85246890
hercules killed his family.
>>
>>85248343
>Spanish
>Latino street culture
>References to mesoamerican culture
>>
>>85248346
Can I be someone's fat friend?
>>
>>85247260
I think Cavil plays a better Clark than he does a Superman
>>
>>85248343
The way he thumped his chest and the slang he used was Mexican as fuck.
>>
>>85247911
i think magic. remember he said that a evil spirit is inside him making him do stuff. and like magic...sometimes you can control and other times you can't
>>
>>85248360
Like the mythical Hercules?

That dude's not much of a heroic role model. "Hero" in ancient cultures is very different from "hero" today
>>
>>85248347
Ignore Zack Snyder, anon. He hasn't had his nap yet.
>>
>>85248400
Are you fat and do you have friends? Then yes you are.
>>
>>85248325
Loved it. I wish I could transform into a Aztec Fire God....
>>
>>85248325
Transformation was a little jarring at first since nothing hinted at it aside from the comics themselves. It's not on the level of Giant Man in Civil War, but it was pretty cool.

El Diablo was awesome because he was the only character in the film who didn't feel the need to act like a badass 24/7. His bite was far worse than his bark.
>>
>>85248425
What? I saw the movie last night with a friend of mine who literally said he liked Diablo because he was Hispanic
>>
>>85248418
Just a man, not good, not bad. Who does great things. Those great things, are sometimes terrible, sometimes good.
>>
>>85248260
No dude. He did a horrible thing and then basically tries to run from it to make amends. Harley was basically set up as being in the right there.
>>
>>85248454
not entirely true.

"that wasn't me" while in the tank.
Some of the visual symbolism. the Crown of flames right out of Hellboy.
>>
>>85248260
Uh, no. In fact Harley wasn't even mad at him for killing his family, she was mad that he didn't admit to it.

Harley's done bad shit and it follows her. She was pissed that El Diablo was pretending he was above it.
>>
>>85244220
I HATED when they're all talking shit bout autorizing Wall's sqaud to STOP THE NEXT SUPERMAN, seriously? the guy just died saving the planet AGAIN an the world still thinks Kal is a menace?

Forget stop the nex Zod/Doomsday, or the next Luthor... noooo, WE HAVE TO BE PROTECTED BY CRIMINALS TO STOP THE NEXT SUPERMAN!
>>
File: 1458256355060.jpg (64KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
1458256355060.jpg
64KB, 540x540px
>>85244220
He's literally possessed by an aztec god.
>>
>>85248592
I thought that was just bullshit talk to convince the committee to authorize the program. Diablo is the only squad member who can even hurt supes and he would probably be thrashed just as easily as the others.
>>
>>85248592
...are you deaf?

Her exact words were "We got lucky with Superman. He shared our values. What if the next one doesn't?"
>>
>>85248644
The fact that 6 years later after superman saved their asses peopel on this universe are still even discussing how they "got lucky" triggers me.

I hate the snyderverse when they trust Harley no probs and still doubt Superman.

Plus, if there was a "next superman" why even prepare? Batman almost murdered the last one and only spared him because of the MarthaExMachina. If another one appears, just call Batfleck and he will murder it.
>>
>>85248760
Project Cadmus you stupid negroid

How fucking casual are you?
>>
>>85244358
>Randian Jesus vs pyrokinectic gangbanger

Only the fromer will watch the world burn, Anon.
>>
>>85248760
Then you're dumb.
They DID get lucky. In the DCU there's about a 70/30 chance that the alien that stops by is doing so to kill everybody. For every Superman or Martin Manhunter there's a Mongul, a Darkseid, a Lobo, or a Starro or a Brianiac or a Despero.

And can you blame them? You're forgetting that in the Snyderverse, mankind's first impression with alien life wasn't Superman. It was ZOD.
>>
>>85248401
In your mind what is the difference?
>>
>>85248838
Jus because it was stupid for years before in the comics, it doesn't make it any less stupid when it's happening in the movies.

>>85248912
But, in the DEEU there is only a 50/50 Chance, the only evil alien that got lured to Earth was Zod who Superman protected them against.

Shit like Doomsday and DINDINDING only happens because there are morons like Wayne, Waller and Luthor living in the same universe thinking the heroes are villains and in term, ressurrecting/creating/calling/empowering even worse villains in order to doom their world to shit.

Plus, the other menaces can easily be dealt with the the plentyful of good metahumans they have, shit, if Wonder Woman, Flash and Aquaman weren't lazy bums, they could've stoped Enchantress and her brother way more easily than AgentJ and Harley.
>>
>>85248760
>they trust Harley no probs
They didn't trust her, they had a bomb in her neck. The government likes contingency plans, if Lex hadn't meddled I'm sure ARGUS would have loved getting their hands on some Kryptonite.
>>
>>85247260
Thanks /tg/
>>
>>85248309
He just didn't want to die, I'm sure pacifists would raise their arms if it meant not fucking dying.
>>
>>85249033
A bomb she takes out in the middle of the movie, yet she still returns and does the good thing again and again in the movie even if she doesn't have to anymore.
>>
>>85248309
I interpreted that video clip as something he did before he killed his family when he was imprisoned in the past
>>
>>85246841

Go back to torturing animals.
>>
>>85249131
You're missing the point, the bomb being disarmed had nothing to do with the governments contingency plan. And her going back and doing the right thing has little to do with it, she just assumed she lost the love of her life, the small bonds she made with the rest of the squad was probably all she had left to live for.
>>
>>85248136
there was a glimpse of it in in his flame.

metas =/= mutants. it means anybody powers, regardless of what their origin is
>>
>>85248225
Thus further proving that the only people who didn't like he movie were mouseketeers, SJWs, and morons too stupid to understand what they're watching.
>>
I was surprised by Diablo's cool fire form.

Kinda wish we could've gotten more of that.

Does he do that in the comics? I just thought he was pyrokinetic.
>>
>>85249682
Buddy, I was just a little confused and didn't hear his sentence correctly.
>>
>>85248343
It's not Mexican. Mexican implies its from Mexico. It's a niche of Mexican American culture.
>>
>>85249725
He's possessed by an Aztec god
>>
File: 1470005287760.jpg (26KB, 588x393px) Image search: [Google]
1470005287760.jpg
26KB, 588x393px
>>85248617

I love this Facebook tier meme.
>>
>>85248844
Superman is about the exact opposite of Randian.
>>
File: reverse.jpg (50KB, 544x360px) Image search: [Google]
reverse.jpg
50KB, 544x360px
>>85244220
Will he come back for the sequel?
>>
>>85244220
I thought hilarious how his wife complained about him having gang shit at home despite marrying a guy who looks like a prison satanist
>>
>>85248494

I took the crown of flames as him just trying to show he was king of the prison.
>>
>>85251797
There was no body friend. We can have hope. I half expected Croc to pull him out of the water but no such luck.
>>
>Superman isn't likable
How is a nice dude who does his best to help everyone but is constantly shat on by a cynical world not likable?
>>
File: 1465921234533.jpg (72KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1465921234533.jpg
72KB, 600x600px
>>85244358
>>
>>85251797
Considering how death doesn't seem to exist in DC for non-villain characters, probably.
>>
I hope he's not dead.
>fire-bender
>"died" in bomb explosion
sure...
>>
@85252584
>>
>>85248991
>But, in the DEEU there is only a 50/50 Chance, the only evil alien that got lured to Earth was Zod who Superman protected them against.
Lured to earth by who?
>>
File: CIA eyes.gif (2MB, 280x358px) Image search: [Google]
CIA eyes.gif
2MB, 280x358px
>>85248136
>spoke the same ancient language
>>
>>85248136
The same ancient language known as

espaƱol chicano
>>
>>85252408
He doesn't smile enough.
>>
>>85251884

That's actually a thing. Cholos often get married and behave good with their family, but remain being shit in society.
>>
>>85247499
They show a devil kinda face in the flames he conjures at one point
He mentions how much more powerful he has the potential to be
He says his powers come from a devil, and that his power feeds off of his state of mind
So it wasn't at all surprising to see a guy called el diablo who's power is flames turn into a devil when unleashing his full power
>>
>>85253405

I hate this complaint, is he supposed to be smiling all the time like the fucking Joker?.
>>
>>85254292
Well how else am I supposed to know he's likeable?
>>
>>85254392

By his noble actions?.
Thread posts: 111
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.