[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Hollywood Reporter points out Warner meddled with "Suicide

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 135
Thread images: 12

File: 1470511574240.jpg (79KB, 768x433px) Image search: [Google]
1470511574240.jpg
79KB, 768x433px
>Hollywood Reporter points out Warner meddled with "Suicide Squad" because the director was unexperienced with blockbusters, and the script was rushed because of a tight production schedule.

>The directors of "Wonder Woman" and "The Flash" are unexperienced with blockbusters, replacing people who have dropped out due to creative differences with Warner, and were chosen because they were willing to work with tight production schedules and heavily revised scripts following "The studio's vision".

Should we be concerned?
>>
No, you should never be concerned with movies because they're just normiebait. The only good part is that you get more old reprints and that will happen even if the movies are bad so who cares?
>>
Director driven my ass
>>
>>85223048
>are unexperienced with blockbusters

You mean like how Marvel studio's was at once point?

And how they learned how to manage block busters because they know how to treat the source material properly.
>>
>>85223172
>And how they learned how to manage block busters because they know how to treat the source material properly
production schedules have nothing to do with how faithfully something is adapted
>>
>>85223106
>Literally "muh sekritt klub"

Anon. C'mon.
>>
>>85223172
Marvel has an efficient in-house production method. Warner doesn't.
>>
>>85223338
>literally being a moviefag
>>
>>85223172
>>85223378
Must be why all their movies feel like the same movie everytime...
>>
>>85223465
And that's also why all their movies make good money
>>
>>85223338
I didn't say anything about secret clubs, movies are just another elseworlds. If they're good then cool but it doesn't really matter.
>>
>>85223451
I've probably read more comics than you
>>
>>85223465
>>85223507

borth of these. while I hate the generic aspect of the MCU post-phase 1, I really respect what Disney is doing with its properties from a business standpoint. they really know how to control their directors and make them do to their bidding without making the movie suffer coherence wise etc

the pacing most of the time is quite on point even if the story sucks. the stories are simple enough for all audiences to understand and the money keeps on coming in. warnerbros really needs professionals in their midst who really are capable of making proper business decisions when it comes to their franchise, there really is no other way
>>
File: Suicide_Squad.jpg (10KB, 318x241px) Image search: [Google]
Suicide_Squad.jpg
10KB, 318x241px
>>85223048
>>
>>85223106
>mfw The Suicide Squad movie forced DC to reprint Ostrander's Suicide Squad
>>
>>85223048
In all honesty, if they keep making them like Suicide Squad or better, all will be well. MoS and BvS were both shit, but SS was actually decent.
>>
>>85223172
Marvel took baby steps.
WB is taking flyng leaps.
>>
>>85223048
>WB meddled with it because Ayer was unexperienced with blockbusters

Why fucking hire him them. Also pretty sure the last movie he did was Fury which was actually very good. The guy has a sketchy record but it's not like he doesn't know what he's doing.
>>
I am torn on this. I have been into comic books and the like for over 20 years. I would have loved to see a good Superman & Batman Movie but in my opinion, they fucked it up royally. Also the Wonder Woman lady is (thus far?) fucking horrible.

If they keep up the look and feel of their movies, I have very little to no hope. How Batfleck was so utterly amazing is beyond me as well. He was fine, he was certainly the best thing in BvS... but that's like being the cherry on a shit sundae.

TL:DR: The Batfleck Movie is the only one I see a remote chance of being any good, the other ones will be grim dark shit as long as they keep producing and designing them like they have thus far with MoS and BvS.
>>
>>85223780
And one day, we will join WB in the sun.
>>
>>85223816
Of the five previous movies he's directed, three were panned. None were expected to make money at this level.
>>
>We gotta get a movie out to compete against the Sinister Six a.s.a.fucking.p., go-go-go!
>>
>>85223106

>implying capeshit comics are good in the first place
>Paying money to jew corporations for jewcomics reprints
>>
>>85223774
Um, how about just better? Because SS has some fucking issues
>>
>The CW no longer is developing the Wonder Woman prequel Amazon -- at least not right now.

>Amazon was poised to explore the origin story of Wonder Woman's alter ego Diana of Themyscira. The network announced in September 2012 that it was teaming with Grey's Anatomy's Allan Heinberg to develop the story. The script was redeveloped in May, with Heroes writer Aron Eli Coleite taking a new stab at the story, and the network was poised to take the project to pilot for a potential off-cycle pickup. But that no longer will happen.

>While Amazon will not move forward, Pedowitz was open to taking a second stab at the iconic Wonder Woman character if the right material were to come along.

>"It all depends on the script. We were very careful with Arrow, and we're being very careful with Flash,"

Geoff Johns was producing this project

The script was weak for CW. The rushed script for the movie is probably worse.
>>
>>85223048
Yes
>>
>>85223172
>treat the source material properly
lol
>>
>>85224112
>How Batfleck was so utterly amazing is beyond me as well.
THE ONE THING EVERYONE AGREED WAS GOING TO BE SHIT.
I Got it Anon, lets all force EVERYONE to shit on all future movies. I don't mean here, I mean find your normie friends and fucking FORCE them to hate all future DC movies.
THE MORE HOPE WE HAVE, THE MORE THEY TAKE IT AWAY.
DC and WB are like ancient witches that feed off of pain, we cant let them have it!
>>
>>85223048
any time executives step in thinking they're doing the right thing, it always goes to hell. so yes.
>>
>>85227737
The movie has the advantage of Johns actually doing WW research though. Not that it can save everything but it's better than him helping pitch a show probably based on his shitty angry warrior headcanons for her.
>>
I think we all know who needs to be put in charge of the DCEU:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIKajSQ9DB0
>>
>>85230209
Toy Story was improved by executive meddling.
>>
>>85223106
This.

>>85223338
How is that "sekritt klub"? Normies don't fucking read comics, and all the movies are just watered-down versions of the comics to appeal to normies, families and other summer movie-goers.

Getting excited for these movies is like getting excited for the next Transformers movie.
>>
>>85228079
They make changes, but always try to preserve something from the characters they are adapting.

Most changes created tie with the main plot of the movie, for instance while it sucked that Mandarin wasn't actually the Mandarin, at least that change had a point in the plot they are creating.

In Suicide Squad, you are given little to no reasons to why the Joker, Deadshot and Harley are acting in that particular director's vision. They are just changed while the plot happens perfectly with or without that changes.

Maybe in the case of the Joker you could make an argument that the comic book one would never really save her the way he did and that change served a point, but then again Harley gets "saved" only to fall on the hands of her Task Force X members again, so yeah.

I'm a fuck huge Pymfag, was I kinda mad we never got the Hank Pym movie the world deserved? Yes.
Was Michael Douglas an exceptional Hank Pym and his arc and the drive of the movie being a heist one with Scott Lang breaking on one of Pym's labs? It worked.

Can't say the same for the last two tries of Warner. I really wanted to like it but these movies piss me off more than anything. Nolan Batman had shit ton of changes, yes, but he fucking created an universe taking like an anon said, baby steps. His Joker was different but the story he told with that Joker was really cool and justifies that change.

If they change it for something that works and it's cool while having nods to the original, it works. If they change it and it has no impact and the movie is mediocre, who gives a shit?
Normies don't know any better and all it does is spit in the good will of fans.
>>
>>85223048
>Should we be concerned?
Yes. Fucking obviously we should be concerned. After two awful movies and one painfully mediocre one (that would obviously have been better without executive interference), we'd be fools not to look at the next few skeptically. If they somehow defy expectations and end up being good then that'll be wonderful, but that's pretty unlikely at this point.
>>
>>85223106
/thread
>>
>>85223106
Sadly, this.

>>85223137
And fucking this, as well.

I've legitimately given up on DC films. Just another example of "businessmen trying to make art", which is never a good idea.
>>
>>85223137
Kek, this.

>DCEU and Snyderfags go on about director control and how every DCEU movie will be the director's "vision".
>WB steps in and completely demolishes Ayer's movie because they were scared after BvS' failure anyway

Gotta love it.
>>
>>85231204
To be fair, from the sound of things Ayer's cut wasn't that good either.
>>
>>85223106
>suggesting that capeshit doesn't influence the comics through a thing /co/ likes to call synergy
>>
>>85231252
I thought it was the exact opposite?
>>
>>85231384
DC's synergy is not as damaging as Marvel's, probably because they've been doing it longer and realize what does and doesn't work in that regard.
>>
>>85231392
Ayer's cut reportedly received mixed reactions in test-screenings. It already wasn't great, then Warner came and made it worse.
>>
>>85223048
>mfw the director of WW only credentials are "monster" and a couple of TV stuff.
i guess Snyder will be the ghost director here, because i can't say how a woman that never did any action sequence can direct a blockbuster ambiented in the WW1 timeframe
>>
>>85231510
When the fuck have test screenings given ANY credible feedback? Theyre basically bullshit statistics so suits can make changes
>>
>>85231446
I prefer them to Marvel, but DC rebooted an entire universe for the sake of synergy, anon.
>>
File: Coming to Wii U.webm (1MB, 1280x528px) Image search: [Google]
Coming to Wii U.webm
1MB, 1280x528px
>>85231514
Look at the action scenes and tell me it's not basically directed by Snyder

Apparently the stunts/coreography crew is even the same as the one from 300

Also, WWI is obviously Snyder's idea. He already had WWI in Sucker Punch.
>>
>>85231569
Yeah, didn't BvS get positive test screenings? And we all know how THAT turned out.

Sometimes changing things based on audience reaction from test screenings can work out but it's pretty rare.
>>
>>85231577
That was more about general sales. They wanted to do it with Final Crisis even before movies were in the works and the MCU wasn't a thing yet, but Levitz said no.
>>
>>85231588
the one sliding on her shield is an extra?
that doesn't look like Gadot at all
>>
>>85231569
You'd be surprised. While studio executives do use them to justify their own bias, they often produce solid feedback.
>>
File: CGI.webm (406KB, 868x720px) Image search: [Google]
CGI.webm
406KB, 868x720px
>>85231647
CGI over an extra
In the second scene too
Probably in most of them
>>
>>85231694
*not extra, stuntwoman
>>
>>85231629
>they wanted to reboot with FC
Well THAT makes a lot of sense.
>>
>>85231618
>didn't BvS get positive test screenings?

Not really. We only received reports of screenings to the WB executives themselves, who gave it a standing ovation and convinced /co/ it would be "capekino". Same thing happened to MoS, one of the executives even said he firmly believed it'd be the studio's most profitable movie EVER, which would put it in the $1,8 billion house and make it, at the time, the third highest grossing movie in history.
>>
>>85231694
What was the point of this? The one on top looks much better.
>>
>>85231730
It probably would have been somewhat different. Like obviously Morrison still wanted to do Dickbats and Damian and Johns wanted to do Blackest Night and they wouldn't have put their runs into the same position as the new 52 with the whole "let's pretend like everything is still canon until I'm done even though it can't be" thing.

Might have been more like COIE where characters mostly didn't get reset to day 1 but their histories were altered.
>>
I have a bad feeling about the Wonder Woman movie

>Story and production by Snyder
>Unexperienced director
>Gal Gadot
>WWI
>Production in the middle of the clash between Snyder's dark and edgy vision and the studio's new fun and hope emergency switch
>>
File: b4f.jpg (24KB, 600x451px) Image search: [Google]
b4f.jpg
24KB, 600x451px
>>85223048
>Should we be concerned?

No, we shouldn't be concerned. We should be walking away and washing our hands of the DCEU at this point. 0 for 3 people. 0 for fucking 3, and it keeps getting worse and worse each time.

There is no salvaging at this point. Wonder Woman WILL suck. Guaranteed. Even if Patty Jenkins and all those involved actually do pull off a legit good film, Warner Bros are just gonna poke their big fucking dick shaped noses all into the post production of the film, and fuck it up in the editing. And Justice League? It's Zack Snyder. Light or Dark tone, the man doesn't understand these characters, nor how to flesh out a proper narrative.

The only movie that has a real shot of being good if Affleck's Batman movie. But we gotta get through 2 more shit movies at least before we get to that. And can you imagine if MoS, BvS, SS, WW and JL are shit, but the one movie that's good is the Batman movie? What kind of message would that send to WB? Just nothing but Batman movies for the next 10 years.

Walk away people. Walk away. This shit is over. Don't let hope drag you around to disappoint you even further. Just accept that DC will never get a great cinematic universe, and move on.
>>
>>85233291
Pretty much this. Although I could even see the Batman solo being dragged down by a WB committee just like Suicide Squad.
>>
File: CeKhP6SVIAEtqfS.jpg large.jpg (81KB, 691x1024px) Image search: [Google]
CeKhP6SVIAEtqfS.jpg large.jpg
81KB, 691x1024px
>>85233291
>DC will never get a great cinematic universe

This is simply untrue, it's just going to be animated
>>
>>85231665

literally every time you hear about test screenings it's to explain why a movie's ending got butchered at the last minute
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-08-06-23-58-12.png (163KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-08-06-23-58-12.png
163KB, 720x1280px
The DCEU is dead, bury it. Consider this a mercy
>>
>>85233291
speak for yourself.
>>
>>85233666
Satan with the bad news. Jesus Christ what a disaster.
>>
>>85233666
Wait, does what was BvS drop again? Because I dread to think what will happen if SS does worse than that second week
>>
File: 1453932994741.jpg (2MB, 3648x2736px) Image search: [Google]
1453932994741.jpg
2MB, 3648x2736px
>>85233401
>The lego kid friendly version of Batman and his JL pals would be better than the actual cinematic universe
>>
>>85227698
True, but it's still a big step up from MoS and BvS.
>>
>>85234010
BvS second weekend drop was 69.1% -- from 166mil to 51.3mil.

Suicide Squad has maybe a little bit more competition than BvS had, and in its second weekend, it'll have a lot more competition (Pete's Dragon and Sausage Party). I don't think Suicide Squad will drop as hard, though: based on the trailers, there's no real pretension that'll be some amazing flick, but just a fun August blockbuster. So, with that in mind, I think 55%-60% drop is possible, which will be like 51-53mil if the first weekend gross is ~128mil.
>>
>>85223106
fpbp
>>
>>85233291
Honestly, I'm about ready to walk away from the MCU at this point. Not because they're terrible movies, but because they're leaning too hard on the concept of a shared universe to drive ticket sales, and their success is leading to other cinematic universes.

They're ending up putting resources into safely mediocre formulaic films, that could have been spent trying to make great ones.

Iron Man and Guardians of the Galaxy are the only two I consider artistic successes, and they're both just popcorn movies.

I now consider being part of a cinematic universe, any cinematic universe, to be a strong negative when I'm looking for a movie to watch. It's like in the 80s when unplanned, unnecessary sequels got out of hand, and people started talking about "sequelitis". Now we've got universitis.

Fuck DCEU, fuck MCU, fuck Star Wars.
>>
>>85233558
There's a bias in that though. You're less likely to hear about a successful movie's test audience history
>>
>>85235160
Everyones talked about a cinematic universe but Marvel and DC are really the only ones to do it so far.

And soon Star Wars if you count the anthology films
>>
>>85235160
I pretty much loathe what Hollywood blockbusters have become. I don't want to go to the movies to see a fucking 2 hour commercial for the next installment. I want to see a self contained movie that has a beginning and an end and if it's good, make a sequel with another contained story. Cinematic Universes are the dumbest and laziest fucking thing Hollywood has churned up.
>>
>>85235507
>he posts this on the fucking COMICS board
>>
>>85235574

It's almost like they're completely different mediums.
>>
>>85235346
Why don't Harry Potter and LoTR count? Or Star Trek even crossing over with TV shows?
>>
>>85235730
Those aren't cinematic universes, they're just fucking movies with sequels, like how Hollywood used to do things before Kevin Feige came along.
>>
>>85235730
LOTR is a trilogy, so yes, each movie leads to another, but that trilogy is self-contained. Once Return of the King is over, that's it.

Of course then they made the fucking Hobbit movies, which were awful.
>>
>>85223048
uh, yeah.
>>
>>85235787
How is Fantastic Beasts a sequel?

>>85235788
Yeah I was talking about the Hobbit ones too. It seems like enough of a universe to count as one.

I guess I'm having trouble in understanding where the line is. What makes a universe a universe?
>>
The only thing I'm looking forward to is Affleck's Batman movie and at this point I'm convinced he's going to leave the project after JL gets terrible reviews and he no longer wants to take part in this mess. After JL comes out I expect WB to just scrap everything and reboot Batman in like 5 years.
>>
>>85230154
>THE ONE THING EVERYONE AGREED WAS GOING TO BE SHIT.
What is this meme? Ben Affleck's involvement was the only thing that convinced me that BvS would be worth seeing. He's a good actor and an amazing director. If only he could have taught Snyder how to make a good movie.
>>
>>85235851
>What makes a universe a universe?

When they branch off and give movies to other characters that still tie in to other movies. The Hobbit and Fantastic Beasts are just prequels, giving Han Solo a movie is cinematic universe shit.

Pixar has been kind of doing it for 20 years since all of their movies take place in the same world and you see cameos and nods to other movies from time to time, but that's as close as you'll get. If they give Woody or Buzz a solo movie then they've entered cinematic universe territory.
>>
>>85224112
I really hope they don't make Flash grimdark. Barry's supposed to be one of the brightest, purest character in DC, moreso than even Superman. How can you make that grimdark?
>>
File: 1458849122747.jpg (557KB, 1552x979px) Image search: [Google]
1458849122747.jpg
557KB, 1552x979px
Why did people think getting Zack Snyder to helm a shared universe was a good idea? WB must be retarded, his movies are critically panned and really divisive. I hope the DCEU dies because I'm already fucking done with it
>>
>>85236085
They're going the opposite direction and making him the Poochie to appeal to teens.
>>
>>85236135
>hey i hope DCCU "dies" because i don't want to watch it anymore
>Not like i could just ignore it or choose not to watch what comes out

Internet autism at work
>>
>>85236135
>Why did people think getting Zack Snyder to helm a shared universe was a good idea?
He's married to a major WB Producer. Guess.
>>
>>85235787
>"Bawwww why can't things be how they used to be!"
>>
>>85236085
He's an introverted loner haunted by vivid nightmares of his mother's brutal death, having found her corpse. Their parents' dysfunctional and bitter relationship casts doubt on Henry's innocence and drives Barry to immerse himself in cases of brutal murders.

As the Flash, he can no longer get drunk, enjoy food, and experiences the world in slow motion. His brain is constantly processing data, robbing him of rest. Every waking moment is agony.
>>
>>85235891
Ben Affleck was offered the keys to the universe before Snuder but he didn't want the responsibility. Then BVS flopped and they offered him a chance to be in charge of his only favorite hero Batman while they fund his future movies. Goddamn I love how Batfleck played these WB execs.
>>
>>85236419

When people think of the Flash, they think of DCAU.
>>
>>85236135
I feel like this question should be asked even more than it is. Why Snyder, of all people? Why put HIM in charge? I get that Nolan wanted to wash his hands of superheroes after Man of Steel, but surely there was some executive producer who could oversee things that wasn't personally responsible for Watchmen and Sucker Punch. Someone, somewhere along the way surely must have come to their senses and thought, "Man, this guy's movies are really controversial. Maybe it's not a good idea to put him in charge of our crowd-pleasing mega-blockbusters?"
>>
I... i liked MoS and BvS...

I didn't liked SS...

Sorry, guys. Please don't hit me.
>>
>>85236604
and it's weird because not even comics Wally was like that besides the womanizing
>>
>>85236085
Well they've seemingly made him light hearted in the movies. He made a little joke in Suicide Squad before apprehending Boomerang. It was pretty cool.
>>
>>85236296
That's not why he was chosen, it was out of pure happenstance. WB needed to make a new Superman movie because of legal reasons and needed a director ASAP, so they chose Snyder. It wasn't until Man of Steel came out that they decided to use that as the springboard for a shared universe and asked Snyder to helm it. I doubt he even wanted to be involved in this, he doesn't really like superheroes.
>>
>>85236085
>How can you make that grimdark?
He's the man who can't slow down. The people around him appear to be statues. He can't have any kind of meaningful human contact, the lives other people live are entirely abstract to him, like the motion of continental plates.

He is old. So very, very old. And he has become quite entirely mad.
>>
>>85231588
>Look at the action scenes and tell me it's not basically directed by Snyder
They are not. they don't look nothing like his wonder woman
>>
>>85236818
It's the only conceivable reason that he's still at the helm after two major blockbusters managed to underperform so much.
>>
>>85236818
plus they consider him a "comic guy" because WB is retarded when it comes to comic films
>>
>>85236818
>>85236936
>>85237033

Not true. Do you guys even read interviews?

Warner Brothers was already doing a Superman movie. I think it was the McG one.

Either way, Christopher Nolan and David Goyer were facing a writers block with the script of THE DARK KNIGHT RISES, so Goyer to take his mind of it started to write a treatment for a Superman movie to pass his time. He showed one of the scripts to Nolan, who liked, and then Nolan broke a deal with Warner Brothers to turn their script into a movie.

When Warner Brothers had Nolan coming in wanting to do a Superman movie they scrapped their previous plans and went with his.

Nolan was still working on TDKR, so HE thought about hiring Snyder, who wasn't sure about the project. Snyder was only convinced after spending always talking with Nolan and Goyer about their vision.

The main problem was that Goyer wanted a romantic movie centered on Lois while Nolan wanted more of a sci-fi movie dealing with Krypton's culture. Snyder was there more for action.
>>
>>85231204
Biggest problem with WB is they don't have someone like Marvel's Feige to keep the suits from fucking around with things.
>>
>>85237510
>to keep the suits from fucking around with things.

If anything, WB execs continually shoot themselves in the foot at the start of every one of their projects. How? By hiring the most bottom-tier writers/directors.

Seriously, it wasn't until Johns came in and started shifting the crews towards mediocrity (compared to the complete shit that they were before) that I had even an ounce of hope for the DCEU.

Fucking Jason Fuchs, writer of the critically dismissed Pan, was once the head writer for Wonder Woman. Many DC movies in the pipeline still have terrible writers attached (Shazam comes to mind).

Basically, it's possible that WB honestly wouldn't have mucked up any of the DCEU movies....if they hadn't chosen the worst people to work on them.
>>
>>85223048
To be fair Marvel is very, very heavy handed with all of their movies and have sent directors running for the hills. Disney watches /everything/ going on at Marvel like a hawk.
>>
>>85231059
>Just another example of "businessmen trying to make art"
More like just another example of "businessmen trying to make money out of art"
>>
>>85236254
I can relate, as a Marvel fan. It is the same as Fant4stic and Ghost Rider. Would you rather have WB shitting these movies out every year or making some good ones instead? You can't have both, not with the creative team behind it now. To have good DC films, the bad ones have to fail.
>>
File: christopher_lee_saruman 1.jpg (35KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
christopher_lee_saruman 1.jpg
35KB, 1024x768px
I love DC but I have given up hope for their cinematic universe which is a shame the first time I heard there was going to be a new Superman movie I was ecstatic then I saw Man of Steel and while a serviceable disaster movie it was a terrible Superman movie

I was hoping for a bright vibrant world that would embrace the essence of the comics but what we got was a dark muted mess of gritty "realism" and messianic overtones

Any hope I had for what was my most anticipated project the Captain Marvel/Shazam movie died an agonizing death at the hands of inept studio execs and pretentious directors and the fact that I'm not exited about seeing a wide eyed Billy Batson meet the wise old Wizard for the first time saddens me more than the fact that the actor I wanted to play him can't
>>
>>85235160
>fuck Star Wars
Lets not say things we can't take back
>>
>>85230495
>How is that "sekritt klub"? Normies don't fucking read comics

>le normie meme
>>
>>85233291

Man, shut the fuck up. Massive drama queen. By your logic we should have washed our hands of the MCU after Iron Man 2, Iron Man 3, Thor 1, Thor 2, Avengers 1 & 2, Hulk...

Not to mention the X-Men franchise, Fantastic 4 and Spider-Man from the other studios...
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXwfYniTKsc
>>
>>85237896
>Pan
Haven't seen it, but Pan was on the Black List, Warner fucking with shit is probably the reason it bombed.
They keep picking directors with little experience making the kind of movies they've been hired to and then interfering when they realise they're not making the movie the studio wanted. If they keep it up, we're not going to get a good DC movie until Batfleck
>>
>>85223172
>how to treat the source material properly

ignore it completely?
>>
>>85227564
>Sinister Six

Wut
>>
>>85231252
The reviews of Ayer's cut were glowing though
>>
>>85231577
New 52 was a WB mandate
>>
>>85241328
MCU at least had a very strong start.
>>
>>85240889
Star Wars has sucked since Phantom Menace. TFA was barely a fucking movie.

The only people who still like Star Wars are 60 year old nerds and bazingacore faggots.
>>
I seriously don't understand why 2 movies in a row now WB execs have stuck their dumb fingers in and messed it all up. Not that Snyder isn't also to blame too but it applies for the recent films hard
>>
>>85223048
When people talk about DC copying Marvel, it should be this that they meant.
>>
>>85231569
It probably varies on how early they look for feedback and such.
Zootopia for example was basically a grimdark dystopia in early drafts, but they basically did a 180 when their test audiences told them they just could not bring themselves to like it because it was just too fucking dark.
Obviously they tested SS much later in the process so all they could do was try to throw in some reshoots and edit what they could, dunno that it made it better or worse.
>>
>>85242198
You're forgetting the factor that the general public response to the Bohemian Rhapsody trailer of SS was incredibly positive so they got those guys to edit the whole movie which I'm pretty sure is a major factor
>>
>>85223048
We should honestly be concerned about other things instead of arguing over film taste.

Almost everyone here is so bitter about it, almost as bitter as /tv/.

I think maybe we should all go outside and meet someone.
>>
>>85242198
>Zootopia for example was basically a grimdark dystopia in early drafts, but they basically did a 180 when their test audiences told them they just could not bring themselves to like it because it was just too fucking dark.
In the case of Zootopia, the issue isn't the darkness. The issue is that the entire city was portrayed so negatively, that the audience doesn't believe the protagonists should risk their own necks to save it. In the original film you literally wanted to watch the city burned to the ground, and that destroyed the entire story.

It is probably the same as watching an X-men story and wanting Magneto to win. Just because the normal humans are so obnoxious that you lose all sympathy for them.
>>
>>85223172
>they know how to treat the source material properly

HAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>85241328
>It's just like Marvel!
How about you shut the fuck up. Marvel never had a case of one bomb after the other after the other, with nothing good to show for it. They only had one case of consecutive mediocre movies in Thor and IM2, and they were followed and preceded by good movies. IM3 was liked by general audiences, nerd tears over Mandarin meant nothing. Avengers 2 was also generally liked despite 4chan's irrelevant consensus of it being bad, and Avengers 1 was loved by everyone, so I don't even know what the fuck you're on about there.
People did give up on X-men until they sort of got their shit together for a while, and nobody expected anything from Sony's Spiderman after the last one.
It's only DC fans that still insist on the movies being a success and look forward to it's seemingly ''bright'' future.
>>
>>85237336
90% of this is wrong, bro.
>>
>>85242148
Nope.
>>
File: im2.png (41KB, 943x264px) Image search: [Google]
im2.png
41KB, 943x264px
https://youtu.be/YC_BHp7hER4
Give the rights back to Marvel?
>>
>>85235160

I don't need comic art films, I just need entertainment. It works fine for me.
>>
>>85223106
>so who cares?
Well I've been wanting for a big budget Zolomon vs West fight for a bit, outside that I don't really care.
>>
>>85242435
>and nobody expected anything from Sony's Spiderman after the last one.
Not that anon but that's kind of a fib, when Sony was drumming up about their plans for Sinister Six and Venom and Black Cat people were getting surprisingly enthusiastic, it's only after ASM2 where most got that the whole thing was bait and switch and told Sony to fuck off.

It's funny, because I feel like this next Spider-Man is heading down a similar road as ASM1. A lot of promise, a lot of eager reception.
>>
>>85223048
>unexperienced

Fucking mouth breather.
Thread posts: 135
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.