[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it true that Disney is ashamed of this movie? It's the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: robinhooddib07.jpg (389KB, 1073x1600px) Image search: [Google]
robinhooddib07.jpg
389KB, 1073x1600px
Is it true that Disney is ashamed of this movie? It's the first one they made that Walt Disney had absolutely no involvement with. I know they recycled a lot of assets when they made it.
>>
>>85219125
their ashamed of creating so many furries with it anyway.
>>
>>85219348
This.
>>
The only movie they don't acknowledge is Song of the South.
>>
>>85219125
>they recycled a lot of assets when they made it.

And yet it still looks better than anything made during the "renaissance".
>>
>>85219535
I really think part of the reason they built splash mountain was part of an overwrite strategy, now anyone looking into "song of the south" is going to find mostly cleansed flume ride related material.
>>
>>85219125
I don't care what Disney™ thinks.
>>
>>85219125
>I know they recycled a lot of assets when they made it.
That practice is as old as animation itself, though.
>>
File: Reynard-the-fox.jpg (50KB, 304x396px) Image search: [Google]
Reynard-the-fox.jpg
50KB, 304x396px
they should have make the Renart the Fox adaptation like they originally planned
>>
File: snapshot20051201180956-712054.jpg (88KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
snapshot20051201180956-712054.jpg
88KB, 720x540px
>Initially, the studio considered a movie about Reynard the Fox. However, due to Walt Disney's concern that Reynard was an unsuitable choice for a hero, the project languished.[2] Ken Anderson used the central element of an animated fox in Robin Hood, however.

>Robin Allan writes in his book Walt Disney and Europe that "Ken Anderson wept when he saw how his character concepts had been processed into stereotypes for the animation on Robin Hood."[3] According to Ward Kimball and Ollie Johnston, one such casualty was the concept of making the Sheriff of Nottingham a goat as an artistic experiment to try different animals for villains, only to be overruled by the director who wanted to keep to the villainous stereotype of a wolf instead.[4]
>>
>>85220527
Too edgy for Disney. Too much sex and violence.
>>
File: Robin-Hood.jpg (74KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
Robin-Hood.jpg
74KB, 720x480px
>When the film was originally released, Judith Crist said it was "nicely tongue-in-cheek without insult to the intelligence of either child or adult." She also stated that it "has class – in the fine cast that gives both voice and personality to the characters, in the bright and brisk dialogue, in its overall concept."[6] Vincent Canby said that it "should ... be a good deal of fun for toddlers whose minds have not yet shriveled into orthodoxy" and he called the visual style "charmingly conventional".[7] The Montreal Gazette said that when "Disney cartoon films ... are good, they are very good" and that "there are not many films around these days which an entire family can attend and enjoy. Robin Hood is one of them."[8] New York Magazine called it "a sweet, funny, slam-bang, good-hearted Walt Disney feature cartoon with a fine cast" and said it was "a feast for the eyes for kiddies and Disney nostalgics."[9] The film received an Academy Award nomination for Best Song for "Love." It lost to "The Way We Were" from the film of the same name.[10]

>Reviews written decades after the initial release of the film have been more mixed. At the movie review site Rotten Tomatoes it has a 48% "Rotten" rating based on 27 reviews. The site's overall assessment is that it is: "One of the weaker Disney adaptations, Robin Hood is cute and colorful but lacks the majesty and excitement of the studio's earlier efforts."[11] The American Film Institute nominated Robin Hood for its Top 10 Animated Films list.

it wasn't that great, nostalgia.
>>
>>85221496
They were willing to take anything after losing dear ol Walt.
>>
>>85221850

>lung cancer

his own fault.
>>
>>85219125
>Is Disney ashamed of this movie?

They have the occasional representation in the parks. Robin Hood still has more representation than say, The Rescuers, or even The Black Cauldron
>>
>>85219348
If they were, they wouldn't have made Zootopia though.
>>
>>85222806
Zootopia was made by one of the furries Robin Hood inspired. He had clout due to Tangled.
>>
>>85222721
>The Black Cauldron

no one wants to hear about that stinker that was supposed to save disney
>>
>>85222108
People weren't aware back then
>>
pretty much all the movies Pre Renaissance Disney ignores if they weren't Princess movies
you don't really see them mention Sword in the Stone or The Fox and the Hound either
it still has the most comfy opening ever though
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_or3MKiU8Rw
>>
>>85222887

he took this movie so.. personally.
>>
>>85222887
>one of the furries Robin Hood inspired
You might as well just say "a furry", because that's basically all of them.
>>
>>85219125
Its the best of all the Dark Age movies honestly
>>
>>85222932
Roger Miller was fucking great.
>>
>>85222932
Pinocchio and Peter Pan are generally remembered and represented well.
>>
>>85222932
Pinnochio, Peter Pan, Lady and the Tramp, Dumbo, 101 Dalmatians. I'm sure there's more I can't remember right now that are pretty prominent too.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.