[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why was she on the team? Waller's explanation and reason

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 215
Thread images: 19

Why was she on the team? Waller's explanation and reason for putting the team together was to fight super-powered enemies like Superman, so what does she, or any member of the team that's not enchantress or Diablo actually offer in terms of stopping any kryptonian or even someone like wonder woman or the flash?

Usually you pick prisoners because you're doing something illegal, but protecting the world from dangerous threats doesn't seem illegal at all, it seems like something the US military should be doing, in fact, the military was doing it in the movie anyway.

I get that Waller wanted to coerce prisoners into doing stuff they didn't want to do, but did she have a reason not to ask Barry Allen if he wanted to help the US government? Like, she already had his file and knew that he was apparently active in fighting crime, so if your putting together a team to help protect the united States, you don't ask the super powered crime fighter, you ask a human criminal against their will to help? We also know from the jl trailer that he probably wouldn't said yes on the spot. In fact, I don't actually see a difference between the philosophies behind starting task force x or the jl in this universe, both of them are about protecting the world from dangerous threats.

There's nothing wrong with introducing these characters in a film or introducing them in the universe, but it's almost like ayer forgot the entire point of task force x was them doing street level illegal shit. Even during the mission, the only person who does illegal stuff is Waller. Can someone explain to me why task force x wasn't a team that was supposed to assassinate a governor or rob a bank, or something suited to their talents instead of defending earth from a power set way outta their league?
>>
File: 1268117456050.jpg (23KB, 200x320px) Image search: [Google]
1268117456050.jpg
23KB, 200x320px
>>85217437
>Why was she on the team?

Because she's a popular recognizable character that gets butts on top theater's seats.
>>
>>85217548
I know that, but from the movies logic you could've/should've at least scaled back either the mission of the purpose of task force x. Make it about robbing lexcorp or breaking lex out of Gotham so Waller can have him or something more inventive than save the world from bad guys.
>>
In-universe: She's cuh-raaaaazy and unpredictable

Real reason: >>85217548

Seriously, you take Harley and Joker out of the movie, nothing changes other than who slashes Enchantress at the end
>>
The same reason Iron Man was on Guardians of the Galaxy for a while-

to take up space and distract from the original comics' characters to get more money
>>
File: shrug.png (15KB, 560x407px) Image search: [Google]
shrug.png
15KB, 560x407px
>>85217638
>know that, but from the movies logic you could've/should've at least scaled back either the mission of the purpose of task force x.

I don't disagree with that, but I'm not a Warner exec.
>>
She's insane and incredibly dangerous. Which is why she is placed alone in a cell that's in the middle of a large room and completely surrounded by an elite fully armed military unit.
>>
>>85217437
Because she's getting her own movie, and DC wanted to make sure the version of live-action Harley they put together with Margot Robbie is bankable.

Bad luck, SSfags, your movie was a glorified screentest for Harley Quinn, enjoy never seeing Deadshot or Boomerang ever again
>>
>>85217737
>>85217751
Let me reword it, does Ayer understand the point of task force x? It was never about being a criminal jl, it was about cajoling criminals to do illegal missions for the US gov. This works, because if they fail fuckup, there where expendable criminals anyway, and nobody would blink at criminals dying while doing illegal shit. Besides Harley smashing the window and stealing that purse, nothing about what they where doing was morally wrong.
>>
>>85217737
>In-universe: She's cuh-raaaaazy and unpredictable

She has an almost supernatural ability to distract and annoy? That could come in useful.
>>
File: 4.jpg (134KB, 474x653px)
4.jpg
134KB, 474x653px
>>85217437
Because the world needs a Harlequin. Not that I always thought so, mind you. As you know, I was in charge of Project Task Force X. Over the years I came to respect Harley, even fear her. And for all that whimsical exterior, I've never met anyone who was as dangerous and bloodthirsty as Harleen Quinzel.
>>
>>85217837
>She's insane and incredibly dangerous.

To humans, what would she or any of the other members of the squad do against zod, faora, superman, doomsday, or WW?

Waller's excuse for not using soldiers is that she wanted to use meta's instead, so why not ask flash? I feel like this question is a lot more justified than

>Hur why didn't a hero showup here

Because she already had his file and knew he wanted to stop crime.

Why not ask Batman? She knew Bruce Wayne was Batman and even got him to do her work IN THE MOVIE!

The reason she doesn't ask superheros or try to force them on task force x is because they are doing something that would go against says heroes moral code, but there's nothing in the film that would give Batman, the flash, WW, superman, or cyborg would think twice about.

What's fun about task force x is your giving the audience and readers permission to enjoy villains doing evil things, but instead we got them saving the world like any other superhero team.
>>
Extremely deadly in close quarters.
Accurate shooter.
Beggars can't be choosers.

I'm pretty sure if she coulda, she would've shoved bombs in Flashman and Aquaman's necks too and use them to do shit for her. But she had to start somewhere. This was the very first iteration of Task Force X dealing with sudden, unexpected circumstances.
>>
>>85217837
>She's insane and incredibly dangerous.
How, exactly? I know in the past she's been shown to have a healing factor and an immunity to toxins thanks to Ivy having shot her up with ... something. And in some of the books she's superhumanly dexterous/bouncy (other times she's just supposed to be on par with an "Olympic Gymnast" which puts her in the same zip code as most of the Bat Family but does any of that make it into the movie?

Or is she just supposed to be an exceedingly cute Hannibal Lector?
>>
>Why was she on the team?

Because everyone either has a fear of clowns or a fetish for them. She can take advantage of both.
>>
>>85218240
It's simple. Superheroes are too good for their own good. Task Force X is made up of individuals who have no limits. They will cross that line without a second thought, unlike superheroes who have a rule about never killing.
>>
>>85218371

in the movie she inexplicably seemed to be better at fighting than all the other squad members bar deadshot.

Also remember all the speculation before Age of Ultron that Black Widow would get deliver the killing blow or have a super duper GURL POWER moment? It's honestly hilarious how this shit turned out.
>>
>>85218218
>I've never met anyone who was as dangerous and bloodthirsty as Harleen Quinzel.
Well how about we introduce you to, I don't know, the Joker
>>
>>85218457
Harley can be controlled, sort of. The Joker? Not so much.
>>
File: 3.png (394KB, 674x534px)
3.png
394KB, 674x534px
>>85218457
>>
>>85218413
>unlike superheroes who have a rule about never killing.

Literally the only person who crosses that line in the mission is Waller though. Besides Harley stealing and breaking the glass of a window, none of the members of suicide squad do anything the bat family wouldn't do.

It's just silly that you put together a team of criminals to cross lines and do illegal shit, only for them to work with the military.

Pic related is closer to what the squad should be doing than what was in SS.
>>
>>85217437
The movie needed a line about Waller wanting "bait", or "someone expendable" for Boomerang.

They should have said the toxic gunk she fell into made Harley a meta-human.
>>
File: tower-heist-poster-3.jpg (164KB, 878x1280px) Image search: [Google]
tower-heist-poster-3.jpg
164KB, 878x1280px
>>85218413
>>85218606
Sorry, here's the pic.
>>
>>85218090
>That could come in useful.
It could if anything like that happened in the movie itself
>>
>>85218218
> The Pounder

Best Waller.
>>
Wasn't the whole mission primarily about extracting Waller and secondly nuking the enchantress ?
It seems like the job was doable for more or less human members with special snowflakes like croc and diablo used in case things really went out of control.
>>
>>85218606
Yeah it would have been better if it was something like barging into Intergang and stealing Apocalypse shit for the government to play with and they dun goof'd and created Cyborg for his movie.
>>
>>85218727
I wish she was cast as waller plus 15 pounds.
>>
>>85218701

It's meta. She distracts the fanbase from the movie's other flaws.
>>
>>85218755
Extracting Waller and stopping the enchantress, nothing that any members of the jl wouldn't do, on top of that, the stated purpose of task force x is to protect America(and the world) from super threats, again something that the jl would, and Waller knew about 4 members of the jl, already got Batman to work for her in the film, and knew the Barry Allen liked to stop criminals. Jl is probably structurally going to be a repeat of this film, the more i think about it
>>
Suicide Squad only works as a concept in a setting where superheroes and supervillains are an established part of said setting, witht he world knowing about and having dealt with them for years, with the superheroes having established teams outside of the control of the government, and supervillains of all shapes and sizes (rather than just world-threats) being an everyday menace to the point where there was an entire prison full of them.

The Squad is supposed to be the answer to the independant forces of the superheroes and a world where supervillains are just a fact of life rather than a world-ending threat, a way for the government to have deniable super-powered assets to do vital, but rarely world-threatening, politically tinged missions with no tie to official culpability.

Introducing the SS this early in the DCCU (or whatever the acronym is for the DC cinematic universe these days), when all we have is Batman the urban legend and superman the man of murder and a few world-threatening/city-destroying supervillains, rather than 'the supervillain on the street', was a mistake.

In my opinion.
>>
>>85218971
>DCCU (or whatever the acronym is for the DC cinematic universe these days)

It's DCEU.
>>
Honestly, even in the comics, the old "using expendable criminals on missions with high mortality rates" was a pretty flimsy excuse.
>>
>>85218796
Exactly, Ayer kept saying that the movie was, "bad vs evil", but when bad people are just doing good, then it's just good vs evil.

I understand that you can nitpick any movie to death, but this movie horribly failed to deliver on the what was supposed to be the core of the film.

Imagine Wolf of wallstreet being about Jordan Belfort getting out of prison, and then becoming a financial inspector, and every piece of his criminal life is told in one short flashback, but for the entire movie, he stops hedge fund managers from doing illegal shit. However it's still marketed as the wolf of wallstreet and him being a criminal, you'd feel cheated
>>
>>85218971
Maybe that would help, but idk if it's completely necessary. It's not like movies where bad guys or morally grey people team up to stop something worse haven't been out for decades. The dirty dozen, oceans 11, and inglorious basterds all work perfectly well because all of the members have an logic that works for being on the team and the teams mission works perfectly for their skill set. All of those films also had more members doing morally wrong things than SS.

>>85219089
It's flimsy, but there's nothing wrong with it, if you do it right. Assault on Arkham have the perfect use of the squad and the members on it. A cartoon made for adult fans of comics(not judging, I watched it and enjoyed it) has more intelligence and thought than a 175 million dollar blockbuster
>>
>>85217437
Superman's only weaknesses:
>Boomerangs
>Bullets
>A dude who climbs things
>A man with a skin condition
>A sword
>Fire
>And the one useful member who betrays them inmediately who can actually use one of his weaknesses.

Great plan Waller. You're doing Terrific.
>>
>>85219868
Oh, and a baseball bat. Can't forget that.
>>
>>85217437
Female audience
>>
>>85218413
In this universe their purpose is diminished.
>>
>>85219868
>>>
> Anonymous 08/06/16(Sat)14:18:15 No.85218514â–¶
>>>85218457
She's using the available resources she has at the moment. And who's to say these guys couldnt stop an upper tier superhuman like Superman given proper time and planning aka prep time. These guys could probably stop of rogue Green Lantern
>>
90% of Waller's motivations are avoiding direct contact with actual superheroes or being dragged into the light. the former so the heroes don't know what she's capable of if she has to kill them and the latter so it isn't reveal edto the public how far she/the government is willing to go to protect them. She's blackops through and through. Batman is a calculated risk because he operates under a similar shroud of secrecy, has been making plans to confront rogue supers if need be like her, and at the end of the day 'is just a man' and maybe controllable. Her job isn't to stop bad guys. If she hadn't wanted the Enchantress for her own reasons she'd have let her blow up civilians and waited and watched how the capes dealt with it to get more data on their powers. The squad exists to do the reprehensible things that need doing so she can perform her job while giving the government itself plausible deniability. Stealing a piece of Kryptonite from a private collection, blackmailing important figures who might otherwise be a problem if a super went rogue, breaking in and stealing a prototype from STAR labs because once they invented the Kryptonian Jimmy Punch Ray they refused to continue work on it because they considered it morally offensive, etc. The movie may not have demonstrated that well, but if you know enough about Waller and the idea of the Suicide Squad to ask the question I'd think the answers are pretty obvious.
>>
>>85217437
>why was she on the team
Because she's a dangerous supervillain.
NEXT QUESTION
>>
>>85217933
Why was she in Assault on Arkham, why was she in the comic book versions in New 52? Especially seeing as how New 52 version didn't have low level abilities like the original. Why are we pretending Ayer is the first to put her on the Squad?
>>
>>85220617
They weren't going up against fucking god tier entities in those adaptions, at least weren't meant to.
>>
>>85220036
>She's using the available resources she has at the moment.

Why didn't she use Batman? I feel like this isn't as unwarranted as asking why other heroes don't show up in other missions, because we established in the film that she contacted him for work before. She also knows that the flash wants to stop crime and protect people, so she doesn't have a reason to not ask him. Asking why she didn't ask WW, cyborg, or aquaman probably borders on, "why didn't x hero show up in y's story"

>Her job isn't to stop bad guys.

In the movie, the purpose of task force x was to protect America from meta-humans, either from off planet or from other countries. Even character in previous iterations needed secrecy, because she was doing something incredibly morally compromising, but in this case she's not.

>The squad exists to do the reprehensible things that need doing so she can perform her job while giving the government itself plausible deniability.

Exactly, there's nothing about the squads mission that is immoral, there's nothing the squad does during the mission that is immoral, and Waller doesn't ask the squad to do anything immoral(maybe killing Harley, but even then, killing a dangerous criminal like that can be morally justified on its face).
>>
>>85220617
>Why was she in Assault on Arkham
Because in Assault on Arkham the mission involved infiltrating Arkham Asylum. Harley had both worked and been imprisoned there at various times and as a result had useful knowledge about the layout which would allow the team to get in and out.

She basically had the same role that Sean Connery's character had in "The Rock".
>>
>>85220617
She knew the layout of Arkham incredibly well and she had expertise about the joker, who had something hidden that they needed. Even if neither of those things where true, the fact that she's going on an illegal heist, is dangerous and useful in a fight, and is seen as expendable are all solid reasons for her being there
>>
She had super strength in the comics for a while, was a saner version of the joker and is unironically smarter than him.
>>
>>85220904
That helps her how against a kryptonian?
>>
>>85221139

Superman's currently ''dead'' in DC Movieverse my mane
>>
>>85220783
Meant to tag>>85220783
>>
>>85220036
Hell no. Batman has more money than god and he barely won because Superman was holding back. The Squad wouldn't stand a chance in hell against Supes.
>>
>>85221188
I'm aware, but the purpose of the squad was to stop someone like Superman from going rogue. So Waller picked Harley, deadshot, croc, katana, Diablo, boomerang, and slipknot to stop someone of Superman's power level.

Do any of these characters stand a shot a killing him? What about wonder woman? Flash?

The usual purpose of task force x is to do reprehensible stuff and fill the team with a bunch of expendable people who would normally do reprehensible stuff, so if they get caught Waller has deniability about greenlighting bad shit.

But this squads purpose of protecting America from meta threats isn't reprehensible and you don't need deniability, since it's not illegal or morally wrong.
>>
>>85219896
Harley would do well against Alan Scott.
>>
>>85221440
>But this squads purpose of protecting America from meta threats isn't reprehensible and you don't need deniability, since it's not illegal or morally wrong.

As shown in the movie, it's not just that. It's made with that story, and can be useful for that, but it's also another way for the usa government to use metas to do things that the supers wouldn't do.

Case in point, enchantress stealing nuclear secrets.
>>
>>85221959
>but it's also another way for the usa government to use metas to do things that the supers wouldn't do.

We didn't get that story, this entire premise sounds a lot more interesting.

>Enchantress stealing the nuclear codes

Batman has already done shit like that in this universe when he tore up lexcorp looking for kryptonite.
>>
>>85222312
>We didn't get that story, this entire premise sounds a lot more interesting.

Yeah, it could have been a much better premise for them.

Basically, imagine suicide squad being used as a blend of general black ops and how we used to play in Biafra, and you could have a fun premise, or the CIA running drugs. Don't really know how you'd get around the fact supers exist and/or how the sucide squad would be over powered vs puny humans.

>Batman has already done shit like that in this universe when he tore up lexcorp looking for kryptonite.

Sorry, new to comics, don't know shit about the lore.
>>
>>85222617
>Sorry, new to comics, don't know shit about the lore.
He's talking about what Batman did in literally the last movie
>>
>>85217737
>nothing changes other than who slashes Enchantress at the end

Gee wouldn't have wanted to give the lady with a magical soul stealing sword a proper chance to shine
>>
>>85222617
Agreed that it's a better premise. There have been versions of supers that would steal nuclear secrets from Tehran, but a lot of the time they try to stay out of unilateral decisions. Batfleck seems like he would steal secrets out of Tehran if he was asked
>>
Harley's hair really bothers me. Someone explain to me how it works.
>>
>ITT we try and dismantle the very idea of the suicide squad

Like fuck, I guess you guys hate the comic then?
>>
>>85217437
She fought Batman. She was as close to a Joker as Waller could get on her team. Same with Boomerang-he's on the team because he fought Flash once.

People like Slipknot were on the team as specialists, because Task Force X is a team and they need different niches.
>>
>>85222998
Read the thread, people are saying what's wrong with the film is it deviates drastically from what suicide squad is supposed to be
>>
>>85217437
You dumbass
Waller knew deadshot would fall for her
Having sweet ass on the team keeps the men happy
Waller plays 9d chess
>>
File: eldiablocomics2.jpg (841KB, 1153x1445px)
eldiablocomics2.jpg
841KB, 1153x1445px
>>85219868
Well El Diablo's fire is magic so it would work on Superman.
>>
>>85218755
The extraction of Waller by TFX was due to TFX being under Waller's control. Nobody outside her direct supervision is aware that Enchantress, her secret weapon, almost wiped out the world. This why she executes her people.
>>
>>85222998
The comic has the additional context of "here's a bunch of villains from the pages of Flash, Superman, Batman, etc."

Less so here because it's the third movie in the universe.
>>
>>85223060
>>85223073
Neither of you read past the first paragraph or read the thread
>>85217933
>>
>>85223061
But in the comics Harley is part of the Squad so how is it a "deviation"?
>>
>>85223119
That doesn't change what I said. Task Force X is used when the government needs to do nasty or illegal shit and don't want the League involved.

Helping Waller cover up the fact that she released an evil witch that tried to destroy the world IS nasty. Remember, they weren't intended to fight Enchantress.
>>
>>85223146
I've done this multiple times throughout the thread, so here I go again

Comic task force x

>Expendable criminals tasked with doing highly illegal blackops for the gov. The gov is forced to use criminals, because the government had plausible deniability if they die.

Movie task force x

>A team put together to protect America from kryptonian-tier threats. Their mission was to stop an ancient evil from destroying the world.

Harley, deadshot, croc, slipknot, katana, and boomerang fit and work well on one of these teams
>>
>>85223285
>Their mission was to stop an ancient evil from destroying the world.
Except that wasn't the mission.
>>
>>85223192
But the preliminary members sans enchantress and Diablo, can't do dick against any kryptonian threat. No one caused enchantress to infect moon, so idk if you can place all the blame on Waller, it's similar to people blaming superman for the kryptonians coming to earth. Extracting Waller and stopping enchantress isn't dirty black ops work, both of those seem in the justice leagues wheelhouse
>>
>>85223305
And extracting Waller. Again, the actual mission of

>Extract Waller
>Stop enchantress and incubus

Is something that doesn't seem unusual for a justice league story. It's also not rare to see a justice league member berate Waller after fucking up, in fact it happened in the movie
>>
>>85223285
Haven't seen the movie yet is that really their reasoning in the movie? That really sounds like a flimsy way of tying SS back to BvS and MOS then.
>>
>>85217437

haven't seen the movie yet, but isn't Harley an olympic level gymnast?

could come in handy
>>
>>85217437
so she can wear short shorts and men can ogle her ass she is the only interesting thing ind a movie.
>>
>>85217437
Waller is using the fear of super man and other unstoppable metas to get clearence for a black ops team of killers which she can make do whatever she wants.

Are you stupid or something?
>>
>>85217548
/thread
>>
Sexism 101

Captain Boomerang - Guy with boomerang
Slipknot - Guy with gun
Rick Flag - Guy with gun
Deadshot - Guy with gun

>endless stream of people saying "Why is Harley Quinn even on the Squad?"
>>
>>85217437
She's an X-Factor. Worse case scenario, she gets everyone killed, and that's fine for Waller. Best Case, her insanity pulls through and somehow makes the mission a success.
>>
>>85230256
I liked it better then the Guardians of the Galaxy, but I'm just one opinion.
>>
>>85230322
I hate GotG with a burning passion but I honestly almost got up and walked out on Suicune Squad
>>
Why did deadshot have a connection with her anyways? It doesn't make any sense

Why did deadshot have the most screen time and lines? I get it, it's will Smith but still

I didn't like leto, i don't remember joker being obsessed with Harley

I know the movie was reshot a few times but it really shows with random scenes, like the haphazardly guy that arrives by car then died escaping

Katana was lazily thrown in as well, she just jumped on the plane
>>
>>85230322
I think i liked this movie very slighty better, both are absolutely shit though

"Killer App"
>>
>>85230419
"Killer App" vs "Dance Off"
One night only
>>
>>85230548
I remember people praising gotg when it came out on here and i gave specific reasons why it was shit like the writing and whatnot

But everyone in that thread just chewed me out

Now people agree with me?
>>
>>85230548
At least it fit the tone of GoTG.
>>
>>85217737
>In-universe: She's cuh-raaaaazy and unpredictable
How is that going to stop "the Next Superman"?
>>
>>85222923
I was so fucking pissed at that scene.
>>
I love the reveal at the end when Harley escapes

A figure in a uniform that says joker on it approaches her and she is suprised that it was revealed to be joker
>>
>>85230647
When he says Martha she won't care.
>>
>>85230611
GotG promised a fun space romp.
It delivered 5 different characters with Angst + an Avengers Ending.

(For me at least) The Trailer promised a fun space romp. What I got was 'we're all bad people, but deep down we're really good' + memes.
>>
>>85230725
You win this round anon.
>>
File: impossible.gif (154KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
impossible.gif
154KB, 200x200px
>>85230725
>yfw Harley's Mother's name is Also Martha
>>
File: 1447034763194.gif (2MB, 400x300px)
1447034763194.gif
2MB, 400x300px
>>85230821
>>
Why did Harley call deadshot a pussy for putting his mask on?

Why didn't he shoot Harley? It was a new contract and it benefited his daughter and Harley lied about helping them with the bomb

Did he just not trust Waller?

Did the army guy just carry around deadshot's letters around?
>>
>>85230821
>In the DCEU, every hero and villain's mother is named Martha
>>
>>85230979
Why did Katana decide to join the villains for a drink when she at that point, only showed contempt and loyalty towards Rick and Waller?

Why did she flinch at the idea of saving Rick's girlfriend?

Why did Harley call her a "pussy" for not helping them, when at no point of the movie did Katana and Harley interact at any point? I mean why would you care if Katana would help you out or not when she was barely an entity towards you?
>>
>>85217737
You can take away any character away from the movie and the plot doesn't change. The story was all about the character arcs rather than the plot itself.
>>
>>85231144
I'm assuming literally all of that was for levity

There was no reason to care about her or really any character in the entire movie except for maybe deadshot because he had the most lines and daughter or whatever

They literally had 2 scenes where they tried to give her character, the 30 second intro that was chopped together last minute and the scene where she was talking to the sword
>>
>>85231289
Adding to this, what was the point in him seeing his daughter shoot the bomb
>>
>>85217933
Ayer was given the task of adapting the new 52 Suicide squad, which was developed to sell t-shirts and be a big budget movie. The fact that there's any callbacks tot he Ostrander run are admirable.
>>
>>85218413
>unlike superheroes who have a rule about never killing
pretty much. i mean she could never convince someone like Batman since he would never killed anyo- OH WAIT.
>>
Anyone else felt like the mista js and puddins was seemed like they were haphazardly thrown around?

It was almost like they written the script and last minute in word just replaced a few words and added them in

Then they teased me with her classic uniform
>>
>>85218796

Congrats anon. In one sentence you managed to come up with a better plot for SS AND cyborg origin than what we'll get in one sentence.
>>
Are the comics worth reading?
>>
>>85217437
She has extensive experience dealing with Batman? That puts her a head above most of the others when dealing with weird and non normie tier threats.

Other than that, it's because Harley's identifiable and popular.
>>
Movie was terrible but there were somethings i liked

I thought Waller was great, seeing the flash was neat and the scene when Harley was underwater but still fighting

Why the fuck did batman kiss Harley? It really threw me off
>>
>>85231779
He's all sorts of horny lately. Him and Batgirl, him and Harley...
>>
They could have explained it in like 5 seconds in that introduction montage. Just say something like "we can use her to bite out the Joker, and kill him, because batman and gotham police won't finish the job".The script felt so rushed.
>>
File: lenny-carl.jpg (47KB, 655x560px)
lenny-carl.jpg
47KB, 655x560px
>>85231779
>Why the fuck did batman kiss Harley? It really threw me off
>>
Maybe i don't know Harley as much as a thought but did she really want a normal ass life with just joker?

I get being with him, but a normal life? Somehow i doubt it
>>
>>85231779
Affleck refused to do the movie unless he had a romance scene in it
>>
>>85231828
Yeah I'm not liking this trend

>>85231836
I'm not sure what your are trying to convey with this image, it's a bit ambiguous
>>
>>85231894
Some romance
>>
>>85231864
As normal as it gets for her and Joker
>>
>>85231939
>>
>>85231779
It's called CPR, weirdo.
>>
>>85231903
>I'm not sure what your are trying to convey with this image, it's a bit ambiguous

Concern/shock at you not getting what was going on that scene. It's pretty obvious.
>>
>>85231939
>>85231962
Nice, i appreciate it
>>
>>85217437
They could've marked her as TFX's tactician given her background in criminal psychology and her hands-on knowledge of Gotham's underworld but of course since WB has merch to sell, we gotta play up GRRRL CRZZY 4 LETO DICK
>>
>>85231988
Didn't seem like it, like at all

I used to be certified in giving CPR

>>85232003
Please enlighten me, in not adamant about it so it's fine if I'm wrong
>>
>>85231828
I'm still waiting for him and Robin
>>
>>85219868
Two of the projected squad members was magic, so it would counter kryptonians.
>>
>>85231962
Holy fuck, that Buster and Babs Bunny in the corner.
>>
>>85223089
i thought superman's magic weakness was just based on superman having no specific to spells but his normal durability would still be in effect against physical damage caused by magic.

meaning that superman would tank diablos fire like any other fire but probably shouldnt be able to resist Zantana's spells.
>>
>>85232131
I think if the fire is magic in nature, Supes takes the hit in the same way a regular guy would take being hit with a flamethrower.

Superman isn't weak to magic, he's just a regular human when it comes to it.
>>
>>85232130
Timm hates Tiny Toons
>>
>>85232203
Huh, you learn something new everyday, thanks anon.
>>
>>85232198
so diablo's fire would effect superman and a normal person the same way despite what actual temperature it is?
>>
Connections.
She can walk into any gang hideout in gotham and walk out without a scratch and enough weapons to arm the whole squad nobody is gonna fuck with the jokers girl.
Also the superman thing was just something waller said to get approval its part of the reason for its existence sure but not the whole reason.
>>
>>85232232
If it's magic and the magic fire has different properties then just regular fire. Pyrokinesis and being able to conjure magical fire is two entirely different things.
>>
>>85232277
well what about Captain Marvel's lightning bolt? shouldn't it like disintegrate superman?
>>
>>85232371
Does it disintegrate other people hit with it?
>>
>>85231939
>>85231962
Mad love could have been such a good comic if they had not fucked it up at the start with that slept her way through school shit.
>>
>>85232427
There's nothing wrong with that being in the comic.
>>
>>85217437

Because Waller is terrible at her job.

Seriously. she fucks up everything. She doesn't even care. Just goes up to the president and goes hurr durr muh necessary evuls and gets authorization to train n mobilize yet another squadron of people who are only going to get the job done once Waller gets her fat hands off the controls.

I honestly don't know how they can write her as a consistent fuckup so constantly with a straight face. Everything she's ever touched in any media has gotten worse for her presence.
>>
>>85232232
Its not entirely clear if the fire is magical or its just made magicly.
If its just made magicly then superman can tank it but if the fire itself is magical diablo can beat superman if he gets the drop on him.
If superman was prepared though he could just dodge the flames or use his super breath against them.
>>
>>85231779
>Why the fuck did batman kiss Harley? It really threw me off
This guy might be taking the piss, but I was genuinely confused for about 2 seconds before I remembered CPR
>>
>>85232458
Yes there is harley would be a better character if she was a competent psychiatrist nothing special or a genius or something just average.
It was one of the few good things about nu52 harley.
>>
>>85231939
>>85231962
The thing about this is that he's still Joker and she's still Harley, it's not Handome Man And Harleen Adventures
>>
>>85232670

it wouldn't make any fucking sense that way on account of how retarded she is though. The sleeping her way through school thing is the only explanation that makes it plausible for her to have ever been a doctor.
>>
>>85217437
for what I understood they must engage combat on national ground, they have carte blanche if they want to destroy whatever building. property or good they want, they can murder every fucking citizen they come across with, even if it´s your grandma being turned into metazombie...
well, that´s not the the type of mission I want my governement to be known for use, so I give the task to a bunch of junkies rooting in jail wich count as half a decent metahuman if combined. If they do the job, fine. If not, we nuke the stuff, call Superman or do the fuck we need to do, public opinion would say: well, it was the best solution!
half of USA still see Hiroshima or Nagasaki this way
>>
>>85218727
THIS
>>
>>85217437

To get asses in seats.

I understand that much, but god fucking damn did her "funny" lines fall as flat as her ass.
>>
>>85232203

What does that pic means?. I tought the show that got accolades was precisely Batman: The Animated Series.
>>
>>85218218
>And for all that whimsical exterior, I've never met anyone who was as dangerous and bloodthirsty as Vic Mackey.
ftfy
>>
>>85230611
>Now people agree with me

No. No one agrees with you. It's just popular now and that means we have to hate it.
>>
>>85223475
The mission was never "stop enchantress".

I figured that after Waller got out, they would've nuked the city. They had no idea what Ench was doing was a world-ending catastrophe.
>>
>>85221440
>But this squads purpose of protecting America from meta threats isn't reprehensible and you don't need deniability, since it's not illegal or morally wrong.

Except the missions literally tend to be "the Government sends operators with no official law enforcement standing or accountability and oversight to murder American citizens on American soil with no due process"
>>
>>85217437
For the same reason that Deathshoot was in the team, they both have their uses.
>>
>>85217830
Task Force X was LEGIT.

L
E
G
I
T
>>
>>85218240
Are you bating or pretending to be stupid. You want to know why she uses criminals and not ask Batman? Because
>She can't control batman as well as she can do criminals
>do you honestly think that people like Batman or The Flash is going to do government wetwork, do you think that they will go to some third world nation and take out the people in charge?
>>
>>85232371

Exactly. Basically they don't know what they're talking about.

Superman fights magic on a regular basis.

Stop being retarded
>>
>>85240686
>>do you honestly think that people like Batman or The Flash is going to do government wetwork, do you think that they will go to some third world nation and take out the people in charge?

This doesn't happen in the film. Enchantress stealing the weapons book from Tehran is something the nobody in the justice league would do, because it's not like they are known for unilaterally showing up a killing warlords....... Oh, nevermind
>>
>>85217548
From a purely narrative PoV she set up really nice interaction between characters that explored or challenged their ideas. For instance, when she told Diablo to own killing his wife and kids it was p directed towards the audience in that shot was just on her. She served as almost a motivator that you do as she says but not as she does kinda thing.

Also her acting was really good, don't look at me and tell me the scene on a police car and when she pretended to be shot on the helicopter wasn't amazingly theatrical and comic Harley Quin perfectly...
>>
>>85241129
There is a difference between killing for the greater good or because there is no other option and killing someone because they are going to do stuff like nationalising their oil supply.

Really stop being a idiot
>>
>>85230382
Both Deadshot and Harley were career criminals on a level above the others.
>>
>>85231144

>Why did Katana decide to join the villains for a drink when she at that point, only showed contempt and loyalty towards Rick and Waller?

Because seconds before Deadshot made Rick Flagg revealed that the one causing all the problems in town was Enchantress, who Waller and Rick had basically let loose to mass murder everyone.
>>
>>85217548

And from a purely in story reason, she's one of the more intelligent if not the most intelligent members of the suicide squad.

She's outsmarted Batman more than once.
>>
>>85231026
>Darkseid cancels his invasion when he learns Batman and Superman's mothers are also named Martha
>>
>>85232670
If she was a competent psychiatrist, she wouldn't have been deceived and seduced by the Joker in the first place.
>>
>>85217437
>I don't actually see a difference between the philosophies behind starting task force x or the jl in this universe
Suicide squad will follow Waller's orders without question and do what is needed, she can control them. If you think you're going to be able to control literal gods amongst men and a man who's faster than death you're a fucking idiot.
>>
>>85232198
No Superman is still superman when it comes to magic.
>>
>>85217437

It would have made more sense if she was taken on the team for some intel or some shit

She just pulls crazy stunts out of he ass outta nowhere
>>
>>85218218
>Over the years I came to respect Harley, even fear her.

Stopped reading right there
>>
>>85217437
Tits.
>>
>>85244122
That isn't how that works
>>
>>85230032
>Captain Boomerang - Guy with boomerang
Also known as a guy who has fought The Flash, and may have done well against him.

>Rick Flag - Guy with gun
Also known as, to quote Waller herself, "one of the best special forces officers in the world" so he's got experience leading a squad.

>Deadshot - Guy with gun
The BEST guy with a gun
>>
>>85222947
They're called pigtails
>>
>>85232062
He was resuscitating her. She'd almost drowned.
>>
>>85217548
fpbp

also, I woulda accepted this babe as Harley.
>>
File: best harley.gif (992KB, 500x360px) Image search: [Google]
best harley.gif
992KB, 500x360px
>>85248842
Yep.
>>
>>85250276
s-source?
>>
They weren't activated to stop the world ending threat, they were activated to save Waller.
That just ended up meaning they needed to stop the world ending threat.
>>
>>85217437
pls zack you already ruined BvS
>>
>>85218218
>The wall
>Afraid of anybody
>>
>>85217437
because the movie producers only read Glass' run of Suicide Squad
>>
>>85232543
>terrible at her job
I don't think you appreciate how bureaucracy works. If she did good work she'd be out of a job instead of growing ever more powerful.
>>
She was on the team because Waller had a plan to bait Joker into the city.

This was then abandoned in a script rewrite.
>>
>>85218755
This bothered me more than anything else. She pitched the idea as a team of people to fight metahuman threats, and the pentagon authorizes them for that purpose, then a metahuman threat shows up and they send the squad to... ignore the threat and pull out Waller who could have just walked out with the evacuation like all the other people in the city?

Like, they end up fighting enchantress basically because they feel like it, not because they were under any obligation to do so. The probably would have been better off just fucking off, since Waller would have probably ended up dead, and presumably Batman and Wonder Woman would have shown up if they hadn't.
>>
File: d17.gif (3MB, 384x216px)
d17.gif
3MB, 384x216px
>>85217437
That's what happens when you write a script in 6 weeks, my man.
>>
>>85217437
Seriously why the fuck was Boomerang, Harley or Slipknot(in the movie for 2 minutes before his head gets blown off)?
Harley was there simply to have a reason to put Joker in the movie. Boomerang I guess was suppose to be comedy relief, but wasn't exactly funny. And Slipknot was there to.......die, I guess.
>>
>>85222947

It's bleached blonde and the tips on one side are red and the tips on the other side are blue. It would make more sense if it was all green like the Joker's considering they had the same chemical bath.
>>
it's like Waller really wanted Joker for the team but she couldn't get him so she settled for Harley
>>
>>85217437
Wasn't directed by Zack Snyder so it has actual plot holes. Zack cares enough that he makes sure the movie has none at all.
>>
>>85217437
and her intro was garbage, you know the joker? well shes crazier and better :^)

It was just lazy
>>
>>85238065st
As far as I remember, Batman TAS never won the Primetime Emmy for outstanding animated programming. This must have just come from one of the years that Tiny Toons beat out an episode of Batman
>>
>>85251925
>>85251925
Community
>>
>>85217905
>>Implying I enjoyed seeing Will Smith playing Will Smith cosplaying as deadshot.
>>
>>85262766

Also no explanation for how a psychiatrist is suddenly athletic and is able to take on supernatural soldiers
>>
>>85266208
Ace Chemicals give you enhanced abilities.
:^)
>>
>>85266504

That actually would make a lot of sense
>>
>>85266543
It would actually work using comic logic and also give an explanation for why the Joker isn't crippled after he killed Robin. Maybe it gives enhanced healing. Plus Joker survived a helicopter explosion somehow.
>>
>>85230032
Harley Quinn-bigger meme than Waypool

>why aren't people liking her?
>>
>>85266611

Yeah ACE chemicals enhancing abilities but also having the side-effect of making you batshit crazy would be a good explanation imo
>>
File: IND8yCe.jpg (878KB, 2400x3600px)
IND8yCe.jpg
878KB, 2400x3600px
>>
File: insta.gif (2MB, 640x272px) Image search: [Google]
insta.gif
2MB, 640x272px
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (253KB, 1632x1117px)
maxresdefault.jpg
253KB, 1632x1117px
>>
>>85232078
Has that been established yet?
>>
>>85267123

>better ass than Margot (not saying much tho)
>>
>>85219868
>>85223089
>>85232078
And since when has DCU Superman shown any weakness to magic? How do you know he shares the same trait as the comics? Until it's actually used against him and said to be more effective than against say, Wonder Woman, then magic means nothing.
>>
>>85266208
>able to take on supernatural soldiers
You are giving the canon fonder way to much credit
>>
>>85231322
i think it was enchantress fucking with his mind + he being worried if he kills June he'll be a worse person
>>
>>85268062
>Waller is impressed that Enchantress is turning people into super soldiers that can even survive a headshot
>they keep dying to headshots and baseball bats
>>
>>85268666
>into super soldiers
Don't use words that you don't understand Satan
>they keep dying to headshots and baseball bats
Yes because they get more then one headshot, anything that takes more then one bullet to the head to kill is impressive.
>>
>>85232371
He's effectively a normal tough dude being hit by a lightning bolt then. There's a reason it's Captain Marvel's go to move vs supes.
>>
>>85217437
They're "protecting the USA from super powered enemies," not necessarily the world. Which means that inevitably they'd be sent into Russia to kill some Russian super soldier project and Flash/WW wouldn't be into that.
>>
>>85269934

Yeah Harley is definitely qualified for super soldier espionage
>>
>>85270035
I was more just answering his question in general about "why not ask WW or the flash?"

But I believe in some of the comics she's done her "moment of lucidity" thing a few times and helped out with her therapist background.
>>
>>85270080
>But I believe in some of the comics she's done her "moment of lucidity" thing a few times and helped out with her therapist background.

It would have made more sense if they used Harley like that. It made no sense to use her at all other than obvious pandering
>>
>throw all the most competent non-meta candidates they've got into Task Force X for their first assignment, since it's basically a guaranteed suicide mission anyways
>quietly keep a few other metas on-hand for just encase something as big as the battle of Metropolis goes down, and they absolutely HAVE to risk losing their potential A-game members
Why not just give an explanation like that?
>>
>>85217437
distraction or wild card for being unpredictable . Maybe she'll pull out a kryptonite from somewhere
Thread posts: 215
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.