[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Wilson Fisk right? Or is he just trying to justify his horrible

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 5

Is Wilson Fisk right? Or is he just trying to justify his horrible actions instead of admitting that he's just a selfish person that just wants power?
>>
>>85213904
Super Heroes creating a power vacuum by taking out street level criminals? Eh, probably not.
>>
>>85213904
Previous page for context

>Wilson Fisk beating up the Wizard
>Guns being a threat to Hydro-Man
Yeah, no.
Also, when was NYC not full of guns and drugs?
>>
>>85213904
Yes.

>>85213957
Why not? Power vacuums happen. It's just something that happens due to the way humans move around each other in a society.
>>
>>85213963
He liked the guns and drugs, it was an orderly system. When you've got a shape shifter or a web slinger or a hammer swinger who could knock down your walls at any given moment, order becomes harder to maintain.
>>
>>85214060
We're talking about a "power vacuum" in crime. Organization in crime is bad for society. If there's nobody in charge, then it's easier for law and order to step in.
When crime is organized, they can bribe cops, cover their shit up and game the system.
Getting rid of criminals is a good thing. Any new criminals that try to step in won't be as efficient, so you can deal with them even more easily.
Keep in mind, in the real world organized crime has lost a lot of influence in NYC. Somebody like the Kingpin couldn't operate in modern NY. Not that he'd want to, there's far more money to be made in white collar crime and "legitimate" business practices anyway.
>>
>>85214060
Power Vacuums happen in areas where a large number of people depend on an organization to provide public goods, say the local government. Street level thuggery is a dangerous game with people constantly being killed and arrested, and so there is a moderately structured hierarchy of succession and who's calling the shots. Taking out a few gang members isn't akin to the CIA taking out every member of a 3rd world government until the guy they think they like ends up taking the reins. Street gangs don't have nearly enough power to make their sudden busting much of a problem. The more likely response is that the cartel or broader criminal organization gets upset that their drugs aren't getting pushed as much as they otherwise would, and would put resources in to killing Spiderman's family, because they don't fuck around.
>>
Fisk is a Lunch waifufag, immediately making him right about everything else.
>>
>>85213904
His talk of 'warzones' is hypocritical as he once hired Nuke to shoot up Hells Kitchen so bad the Avengers had to get involved.
>>
>>85214327
Yeah, for all his talk about how supers ruined everything, he sure loves hiring super-villains to do his dirty work.
>>
Hell no. Because Fisk gained control of New Yorks Underworld by killing his competition. He has waged several wars against people that have dared to cross him, and even if he had somehow maintained his position through peaceful means he still makes a lot of his money through human trafficking and drugs. He preys on the weak and innocent, and then has the gall to complain when they strike back.
>>
>>85213904
Is That Raol Bushman?
>>
File: 1457363360106.png (1MB, 611x1012px) Image search: [Google]
1457363360106.png
1MB, 611x1012px
>>85213904
>Is Wilson Fisk right?
Nope.
>>
>>85213963
>Guns being a threat to Hydro-Man
maybe they fire tampons
>>
>>85213904
The latter. He's just a greedy, power-hungry criminal, and his talk of "the natural order" is laughable.
>>
>>85214228
Oh THAT'S who that was on the TV?!

That's amazing. Weeb Fisk with a Lunch bodypillow is now my personal headcanon.
>>
File: girls_laughing.jpg (43KB, 600x363px) Image search: [Google]
girls_laughing.jpg
43KB, 600x363px
>hurr I'm doing the right thing

Holy kek, why did Netflix nail him but the comics can't?
>>
>>85215027
Honestly, Fisk trying to justify the shitty things he does by saying it's part of "the natural order" seems about right.
>>
>>85213904
Its not like he's a moral criminal taking a stand for us powerless men and women, he's worked with the monsters and madmen davinci's of the criminal world too.

Plus he's worked with both the Hand and Hydra, which are organized crime but also at least a little superhuman.
>>
>>85215027
>autistic ill intent
>nailed
>>
>>85215390
>autistic
> fuck it, I'm a bad guy

It was great. He was even better in Season 2
>>
File: 1461025737091.gif (795KB, 245x168px) Image search: [Google]
1461025737091.gif
795KB, 245x168px
>>85214852
>>
>>85213904
Janus was selling girls as sex slaves when you found him Fisk. I don't think he's 'good'.
>>
>>85213904
He's getting an ongoing solo series after Civil War II, right? I wonder what it'll be about.
>>
>>85213957
He's more talking about when heroes started taking on organized crime since, after which, they started to stop being able to keep up with the sheer number of lone or random criminals afterwards.
It's like cutting the head off of the hydra and spiders start flooding out
>>
>>85214800
Based JJ.
>>
>>85214086
No, he explicitly says he disliked guns and drugs.
>Things were different when I was growing up. Before everyone had guns. Before everyone sold drugs
If the comma was after 'before', then it'd be your meaning. Since it isn't, it means that he dislikes that the organized crime rackets have become violent substance peddlers rather than neighborhood enforcers for places where police never went
>>
>>85216469
>it means that he dislikes that the organized crime rackets have become violent substance peddlers rather than neighborhood enforcers for places where police never went
But that's been the case since like the 1960s.
How old is Fisk supposed to be?
>>
Didn't Fisk seize control after the previous ruler of the Mob refused to work with child traffickers? And he did so by snapping the guys neck?
>>
>>85216409
That analogy doesn't really work in the real world.
>>
>>85213904
How does Fisk keep getting caught and arrested but then keeps regaining power? The American criminal justice system is very good at keeping people in prison. And even after they leave prison, there's no way they can ever regain a fraction of the power they once had. No legitimate businessmen or politicians will want anything to do with him.
>>
He's doing what every great bad guy in history does. Altering narrative to fit his perception and using it to justify his actions.
>>
Nobody ever wants to think that he's the bad guy. He has to be the hero in his own story.
>>
>>85213904

Who is the Devil character?

Also, nice to see Bushman is still around.
>>
>>85219598
Except Fisk WAS one of the few villains to confront being the bad guy head on and not come off like an cutting edgelord for it. Too lazy to find the page but "For the rest of the week his work is like a child's game. Everything is bright and beautiful. He has destroyed the only good man he has ever known."
>>
>>85219796
Yeah, I think this would be a bit better if it was more "things were so much more organized" instead of "the only reason I have to murder people is because of superheroes"
>>
>>85217231
that seems out of character. got a pic of this?
>>
>>85219936
It's from Miller's Daredevil origin.
>>
>>85219877
I don't think Fisk actually believes any of the crap he's saying. He's just trying to get Janus on his side, because he needs him to avoid Ulysses' visions from seeing his crimes.
>>
>>85217093
And even before then, Prohibition. Organized Crime in America hasn't been about neighborhood protection/enforcement since the 20's.
>>
>>85220079
Some street gangs probably still care about neighborhood protection for PR reasons. But yeah, most organized crime syndicates are just about power and money, they don't care how many people get hurt.
>>
>>85213963
>>Guns being a threat to Hydro-Man
The same thing happened in Superior Foes of Spider-Man
>>
>>85213904
He's clearly just lying to this guy and convincing him to do whatever Fisk wants.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.