[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Asides from Daria and producing parker, is there any female leads

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 10

File: Daria_Logo.svg.png (135KB, 1032x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Daria_Logo.svg.png
135KB, 1032x1024px
Asides from Daria and producing parker, is there any female leads in adult cartoons?

and no /pol/talk please
>>
File: as_told_by_ginger-show.jpg (57KB, 333x250px) Image search: [Google]
as_told_by_ginger-show.jpg
57KB, 333x250px
I enjoyed how it handled mature themes and explored complex and interesting characters.

Also unlike Daria, Ginger conveyed more emotions besides pissed off, bored, and depressed.
>>
>>85196168
This, but dont you think ginger got kinda bitchy in the last season? I havent watched them in a while but i remember thinking that.
Good show tho.
>>
File: I_HEARD_poster.jpg (119KB, 477x695px) Image search: [Google]
I_HEARD_poster.jpg
119KB, 477x695px
>>85195173
Betty Boop
>>
>>85195173
Julie Winters
>>
>>85202022
OP meant adult cartoon not french comic.
>>
File: 1437174913276.png (329KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
1437174913276.png
329KB, 540x540px
>>85195173
/spoiler niggers /spoiler
>>
>>85195173
Think about the examples you've posted and how they're portrayed in their shows. They are bumbling, idiotic, ego-centric clowns subjected to a lot of cartoon violence and other situations. The women in the shows are usually the voices of reason always get to have a morally and intellectually superior attitude over their male co-stars. This is the classic sitcom role that adult cartoons and some kids cartoons use. This is usually to show the females in a more positive light than their male counterparts, i.e: "political correctness." But what happens when you switch the roles?

Lets say the family is a standard four-ensamble cast. The wife is the star. She's lazy, crass, violent, and an idiot. She slacks off at her job, downs beers, and fantasies aboyt hot guys. She usually gets herself into trouble a lot. The husband is the glue that holds the family together. He usually doesn't approve of his wife's behaviour, but he still shops at the grocery store for dinner tonight. Now you tell me: would this gender reversal not work? Would people get mad at the female acting like a total boob (pun intended) and the male is the more level-headed of the bunch? Is this depiction sexist (and not just to feminists?) There's your answer. Until character designers can write females properly, and the general public can look past stereotypes and see that certain character quirks are not a representation of a person's race/sex/orientation/etc., you won't get a female Homer, Archer, Peter, etc. Female characters have a hard enough time being protagonists in regular media, but moreso in action cartoons. In Korra's case, she'll inevitably be compared to her male predecessor and all of her flaws will be magnified two-fold while Aang would be painted in a more positive light despite his shortcomings. You want a lead female role in a adult cartoon? Get the public to stop trying to think that a female character has to be a certain way otherwise it's offensive to all women.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (35KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
35KB, 480x360px
>>85195173
Mtv Downtown Chaka
She serves more as the B-plot character, she has a side kick and two male friends who act as support cast. Even Alex best friend is a female friend Jen who has her own adventures from time to time.
>>
File: ed sad tea party.png (268KB, 500x376px) Image search: [Google]
ed sad tea party.png
268KB, 500x376px
>>85204459
>tfw you'll never be best friends or even morewith Jen
>>
File: Aeon_Flux_eyelash_animation.gif (410KB, 500x364px) Image search: [Google]
Aeon_Flux_eyelash_animation.gif
410KB, 500x364px
>>85202576
>french
? The Maxx TV series was created for MTV Oddities adapted from Sam Kieth comic series. I never heard of any French connection.

Anyway, pic related is Aeon Flux.
>>
File: FrozenImplyingCapeMetaphors.gif (684KB, 500x209px) Image search: [Google]
FrozenImplyingCapeMetaphors.gif
684KB, 500x209px
girls cartoons don't get made unless they can sell toys, OP. that's why your thread is basically fucking dead.

>>85204459
>Mtv Downtown
> tfw 30
> never had friendships or a life like this
or any life to speak of
> just dead inside
>>
File: tumblr_ni30vkQRzc1qze1vao1_500.png (137KB, 500x360px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ni30vkQRzc1qze1vao1_500.png
137KB, 500x360px
>>85206795
Eh 26 have a close friendship with a girl. Feels like shit knowing it's one sided. I know I should move on, but really can't.
>>
>>85207422
I can't be the only one that wants to bend her over that piano and just destroy that fat ass of hers.
>>
>>85195173
Aeon flux and Cybersix both come to mind
>>
>>85199894
puberty is a bitch anon
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.