[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there a reason why people in the marvel-verse despise mutants

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 185
Thread images: 31

Is there a reason why people in the marvel-verse despise mutants so much, but love Spider-Man and the Fantastic Four? The latter are also mutants but not by genes, so wtf?
>>
Because they're mutants.

That's basically it.
>>
>>85182200
It gets explained in Marvels.

Regular Supers are these untouchable champions, whilst mutants are everyday people that wield insane amounts of power, how could you not be scared?
>>
Because they were initially created as individual entities but then later shoehorned into a mildly cohesive universe.
>>
>>85182200
Because the X-men started off as their own thing and as a commentary for civil rights issues that were relevant back when they were first printed.
The prejudice against mutants has no place in modern Marvel, but if you take that away they lose their only real "thing."
>>
I'll say it again and no one will convince me otherwise.

X-Men work best in a completely separate universe.
>>
>>85182200

Mutants are born with their powers? That's about it

I always assumed the mutie hate was deeply seeded jealousy humans
>>
>>85182263
So mutants are like modern day feminists and are fighting micro aggressions ?
>>
>>85182275
I thought that their powers activated upon entering puberty?
>>
>>85182254
>whilst mutants are everyday people that wield insane amounts of power, how could you not be scared?
What about the DOZENS of regular, everyday people who, through an accident or magic or everything else, now wield insane amounts of power that people in Marvel AREN'T scared of?
>>
>>85182200
Microbacteria in all living organisms which cannot work in mutants.
>>
>This thread again
>>
>>85182200
>Fantastic Four
Immediately went public, didn't hide their identities, became celebrities and built a brand around themselves.
>mutants
Kept themselves hidden for years, trained teenagers as a secret paramilitary force, and the world was introduced to them by Magneto making a big announcement about how mutants are superior to humans and will conquer homo inferior.
>Spider-Man
A menace and threat to society.
>>
>>85182254
That argument works for the Fantastic Four, who were accomplished scientists and humanitarians before getting mutated

but not Peter who was just some high school kid like every other mutant
>>
>>85182305
Not at all. The writers just have to keep people prejudice against them because it's ALWAYS been that way.
I have no idea why that hasn't been taken away except that it's really the main source of antagonism for them and always has been.

The prejudice shouldn't really still be a thing. Except the prejudice of normal people against ANYONE with super powers.
>>
>>85182200
There is, but the explanations aren't good at all.
The X-Men should have its own universe.
>>
Because muties are huge cunts, especially telepaths.
>>
File: 1463572258242.png (397KB, 630x272px)
1463572258242.png
397KB, 630x272px
>>85182402
Forgot the fucking image.
>>
>>85182402
What about the dozens of non-mutant telepaths? Most of them are cunts but the public doesn't blindly hate them.
>>
>>85182380
Spiderman is not exactly a well loved superhero though.

And the argument also works for, say: Iron man - bodyguard of a wealthy industrialist, or Captain America - WW2 legend, etc.
>>
>>85182421
>non-mutant telepaths
How many of those exist? All the Marvel telepaths I can think of right now are muties.
>>
>>85182387
They should make X-Men SJWs, that would be great. Im sure Bendis can do it , Mutants are treated as equals but get upset over shit like

>"Wow so what are your powers?"
>"Um excuse you assume I have powers because I identify as a mutant? Thats offensive, check your genetic-typical privilege shitlord"

>>85182395
>>85182265
Yeah, they really feel forced in when they cross over with other marvel shit , separate universe would be best
>>
>>85182333
This

Sentient microbacteria from the dawn of time can't survive in mutants so it psychically manipulates humans to hunt mutants to extinction. That's literally it.
>>
oh my god, for the last time you fucking idiots

MUTANT HATE IS NOT BECAUSE THEY HAVE POWERS IT HAS ALWAYS BEEN BECAUSE OF THE EXPONENTIALLY INCREASED THREAT TO HUMANKIND THEY REPRESENT

LITERALLY EVERY X-MEN COMIC, CARTOON, AND FILM TALKS ABOUT THIS SHIT

NEVER FUCKING MIND THE FACT THAT EVERY OTHER SUPERHERO HAS ALSO BEEN SUBJECT TO INTENSE DISLIKE, MISTRUST, AND SCRUTINY AT ONE POINT OR ANOTHER, INDIVIDUALLY OR COLLECTIVELY

STOP MAKING THESE SHITTY THREADS YOU IGNORANT CASUALS

I'm not even mad, this is just a really dead horse at this point
>>
The only way I can make sense of it is Super heroes are kinda concentrated into just a few locations. Like New York, California, Texas, etceteras. The damage they do is *usually* just within those areas (plenty outliers can be used to refute this, but by and large...), whereas mutants are a worldwide threat to everyday life, despite being a minority.

Enough of them use their powers to get ahead, either by being directly destructive and committing crimes or by being manipulative (IE fucking telepaths, empaths, illusionists). That's scary enough as it is. Then there are the even more freakish outcasts who are furred, scaled, feathered or otherwise disfigured physically, in addition to having these frightening powers that the average human being can't possibly defend against. Finally, consider the media spin that's put on these kinds of people. The news outlets always want to make someone the target of your ire and in a world like that, mutants are easy to make look scary.

That's all I got, though.
>>
>>85182261

This. It's just a plothole resulting from overlapping series.
>>
>>85182469
Dr. Strange and about 75% of the other Magic Users.
>>
>>85182485
There are mutants with only detrimental changes. I'm sure those qualify as non-powered.
>>
Because muties are work of the devil himself trying to infest us through our children.
Remove mutie scum
>>
>>85182469
Bald space bisexual dragon.
>>
I like how it was inverted in House of M where Spiderman pretended to be a mutant to gain favorable status.
>>
>>85182200
>but love Spider-Man and the Fantastic Four?

this is the part that always gets me about these threads

the other marvel heroes have never ever been universally loved

easiest way to spot a casual
>>
>>85182200
It's called racism.
>>
>>85182595
>75% of the other magic users

Soooo... Strange and no one else?
>>
>>85182644
Remove socket lovers!
>>
File: 1459584532331.jpg (479KB, 1200x1861px) Image search: [Google]
1459584532331.jpg
479KB, 1200x1861px
>implying Marvel citizens wouldn't turn on non-mutant heroes in a heartbeat
>>
>>85182200
>Marvel universe
>Like Spider-man
Fantastic Four however worked on their image. During Mark Waid's run it was actually a pretty important plot point.
>>
>>85182200
You get non-mutant superpowers from a freak accident, like being hit with radiation or having something injected into you. But anyone could be a mutant. Your child could turn into a freak. They're like cuckoos in the nest. Your asshole neighbor probably wasn't involved in some super-soldier program, but maybe he secretly has deadly mutant powers. Also, a lot of them are ugly.

I have no idea why people don't hate and fear inhumans at least as much as mutants, though.
>>
>>85182200
Yes. It's the result of a sentient ancient super-bacteria named Sublime that subconciously causes humans to hate mutants.
>>
>>85182200
Sublime.
Although honestly since reading NXM that's never directly stated as such and takes a lot of fan extrapolation.
>>
>>85182676
DOOM
>>
>>85182728
I don't keep up with modern marvel but aren't Inhumans en masse a relatively recent development? For a long time they were isolated and nobody knew about them
>>
>>85182709
>Everyone forgets about this attack, which could have lead into an interesting supers vs. non-supers civil war.
>Sadly this was dismissed to continue to civil war story.
>>
>>85182728
Inhumans are in a cold war state with humanity.
>>
>>85182709

Was it always the case or did that general theme only came into prominence after all the tie-ins and the crossovers etc.?

I don't count <we don't trust you/like you because so much power concentrated in one individual> the same as <we don't trust you/like you cause you're different>, because IIRC the former has been touched upon many times in the past.
>>
>>85182548
Yeah, I don't get people who say that non-mutant Marvel heroes are loved? Only the Fantastic Four had an active fan club in universe.

Also, the X-men crossed over with FF in like it's first year publishing so this "X-men were meant to be in their own universe" meme can fuck off
>>
>>85182739
>>85182754
That sounds like the dumbest cop-out ever
>>
>>85182813
>Only the Fantastic Four had an active fan club in universe.
Captain America. And, about 90% of the time, The Avengers.
>>
>>85182836
He's a Morrison creation. Take from that what you will.
>>
>>85182813
>Only the Fantastic Four had an active fan club in universe.
Spider-Man has a few, starting with Flash and growing to the point where it's not uncommon to see people with Spider-Man t-shirts in background crowds. Also you could count Rick Jones' Teen Brigade.
>>
File: 1450914428019.jpg (277KB, 1214x597px)
1450914428019.jpg
277KB, 1214x597px
Spidey has both lovers and haters
>>
File: 1360314936057s.jpg (9KB, 200x194px)
1360314936057s.jpg
9KB, 200x194px
>>85182254
Marvels explanation was that mutants would "replace us", which made them the "darker side" of the superpower boom and deserving of having bricks thrown at their heads by unashamed capefag cocksuckers. It was the usual hysterical hamfisted bullshit.
And even if it was about their normalcy, fucking EVERY Marvel hero sans, like, Cap and Thor are everyday people too. That's been the company's very calling card since the 60s.
Either way, Marvels did as shitty a job at "explaining" it as anything else. It was the nadir of the book.
>>
File: d0d.jpg (42KB, 600x401px) Image search: [Google]
d0d.jpg
42KB, 600x401px
>>85182200
Mostly because mutants have or at least can have flat-out broken shit like mass-mind control long-range teleports control of all magnetic substance in their vicinity.

If i were a citizen in marvel universe, I would be scared by them.
>>
>>85182938
Didn't he actually go to that pajama party?
>>
>>85182200
They love Spider Man? I thought that was another aspect of his Can't-catch-a-break syndrome.

People love the Fantastic Four because they have great PR pushing their public image.
>>
Really bad publicity
Magneto attacking that base didn't ruin shit.
Anthropologists branding the Homo Superior caused unease, some people became outright subservient to mutants
Trask printing that news column about mutant overlords made things worse
Trask dying soon afterwards even though he changed his ways made things worse
Unus and Blob robbing banks dressed as the X-Men made things worse
The X-Men not explaining the previous to the public while they were still mostly loved made things worse
>>
File: 1462745384412.jpg (742KB, 1024x2206px)
1462745384412.jpg
742KB, 1024x2206px
>>85182980
Only in fan art made on /co/
>>
>>85182836
In the quagmire that is this discussion topic it manages the most logical solution, sadly.
>>
>>85182955
Considering Magneto basically says they'll replace and enslave humanity constantly and the X men have had leaders who are essentially friends with this kike hypocrite I think the hate is justified.
>>
File: I'M YOUR BIGGEST FAAAAAAAAAAAN.png (147KB, 415x178px) Image search: [Google]
I'M YOUR BIGGEST FAAAAAAAAAAAN.png
147KB, 415x178px
>>85182813
>forgetting the Wonder Fans
you ain't mah nigga
>>
>>85182418
So wait, spider-man is Buddha? He can block telepaths without revealing he has a barrier up, that must require years of meditation.
>>
File: Daily Bugle.jpg (45KB, 318x315px) Image search: [Google]
Daily Bugle.jpg
45KB, 318x315px
>>85182200
>love Spider-Man

wat
>>
>>85182837
even then the public would hate on the avengers 60% of the time.

Fags here act like the public loved all its heroes BUT the X-men when thats not the case. Marvel citizens turned against all their heroes from time to time. They just hated the X-men more due to them being mutants who would replace them in the evolutionary ladder.

Also look at the world today. Its divided as fuck. Why can't we assume its divided as hell in that Earth too? That there are fans of mutants and heroes but extreme haters as well? I mean I remember one issue of Uncanny where the team visited France and found the Europeans loving mutie dick to be interesting compared to their american counter parts.

The world isn't a simple black and white bullshit.
>>
>>85182962
As do super-scientists.
As do magic users.
As do Inhumans.
As do aliens.
>>
I guess there's a difference between
>these people are freaks
and
>these freaks are useful to us
>>
>>85182200
>The latter are also mutants but not by genes, so wtf?

Sue and Reeds kids do have superpowers, so their parent's genes are indeed mutated just as much as any X-men's.
>>
>>85182261
This, and all the attempted justifications have been awful.
>>
>>85182200
>why don't the regular people of the marvel universe love their heroes like the regular people of the dc universe do

Does /co/ really think like this? Does /co/ even read comics?
>>
>>85183099
>threat or menace
Jonah's a cunt
>>
>>85182305
>So mutants are like modern day feminists and are fighting micro aggressions ?

They did re-imagine them all along the lines of actual racial militas very recently, in case you completely missed out on that.
>>
>>85183095
He had the only counter to a telepath
Another fucking telepath
>>
>>85183095
Hes a very controlled man. Hes got to hold back punches from muscles that can lift the daily bugle every day. Hes also got the patience of a spider, have you ever seen a spider break compsure?
>>
File: 1438843372706.jpg (207KB, 581x674px)
1438843372706.jpg
207KB, 581x674px
>>85183025
>the redhead
>>
>>85182938
Nice to see all the young guys loving him.

>>85183025
Now that's really cute.
>>
>>85183222
Well excuse me if that wasn't shown on the page that was shown
>>
File: image.jpg (101KB, 835x645px)
image.jpg
101KB, 835x645px
>>85182485
X-Men was created because after Stan Lee's wife miscarried, they tried to adopt.
Almost all orphanages in New York at the time were religiously afiiliated. Some fake psychogist had written a book recently saying that mixed religion households cause kids to grow up as criminals, gay, and Communist. Stan is a Jew, his wife is Catholic.

No orphanage would let them adopt. Some even shamed them. After a Rabbi Holocaust survivor suggested that maybe god killing their baby was a sign against interfaith marriage, they gave up. Supposedly Stan's wife attempted suicide, which as a Catholic lets you know how humiliated they felt.

Stan kicked the door to the Marvel Bullpen open, and said they were going to make a superhero book about people from all walks of life including demographics nobody had the balls to write about, where the entire rest of the world were jackasses for no good reason. Their main enemy would be a Holocaust survivor who acts hypocritically like a Nazi, to show how anyone can be evil.

There you have it. That's why the X-Men exist.
>>
>>85183112
this. These arguements on why mutants are hated more than avengers and shit is bullshit. Spidey is hated for being an unknown and even the avengers have gotten shit for having mutant members like quicksilver and scarlet witch.
>>
>>85182485
They should make benefit hogging false flagging corporate muties, who keep race war alive because it benefits them. Like Jews.
>>
>>85182200
They filthy mutant
>>
File: 1463122361647.jpg (2MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
1463122361647.jpg
2MB, 1988x3056px
>>85183283
Here's a picture including the telepath in question

And I wasn't being bitchy with you, just bitchy at telepaths
>>
>>85183150
This is the crux of it.
You can add Deadpool & Spider-Man to the list too. They're mutates with cape kids.
And what kickstarted the mutie boom? The Nuclear Age. The vast increase in ambient atmospheric radiation resulted in X-genes triggering a whole lot more often.
E V E R Y human in the Marvel Universe has the genotypic plasticity to acquire superpowers, through a variety of means. Shit man tally up the number of supervillain origins that boil down to totally normal person befalls a tragic accident.

The double standard's retarded. They're literally no different from any other cape denomination.
>>
>>85183394
Oh, and the telepath is the best friend
>>
>>85183287
Magneto's jewish was under later writers. This story is a ruse.
>>
File: 1.jpg (11KB, 259x194px)
1.jpg
11KB, 259x194px
>>85183287
Source?
>>
>>85182323
Correct.

They can randomly become reality warpers at age 13 (even as early as 9, or earlier - some mutants seem to be active from birth in a very few cases).

Your brain wasn't developed enough at that age - literally, incontrovertibly - to make adult decisions. You're going to trust a child with that kind of power? Who happens to be organised into one of what seems like two or more warring paramilitary factions?

>>85182275
I mean they literally are responsible for some pretty appalling atrocities at this point. Just fucking everybody over as recently as AvX is going to be good enough reason for most people to hate/fear mutants, never mind all the Wonder Woman stuff Cyclops was doing after that.

And it's not like the Avengers never get shit on for what they do - they had to join the UN, they had to move out of New York, and all of this was because people were literally outside the mansion protesting against them 24/7. Even during Bendis' run they were out there. The FF get attacked all the time despite being open about what they are, how they got their powers, and being some of the biggest philanthropists in their world. Spider-Man has the entire city of New York antagonized against him most of the time. The New Warriors - I mean, the New Warriors. Look how that went.

>>85182341
Eventually he'll get bored and post the why hasn't x cured cancer yet thread again.

>>85182333
>>85182544
That makes no sense. If it can't survive in mutants, why can it survive in humans with inactive x-genes? Why can't a sentient gestalt of that complexity simply throw itself at mutants until it evolves into a form that can survive in them, given that this would take literally weeks?

>>85182574
They literally crossed over at issue #27, and they'd already mentioned wider universe stuff before then. It was never a separate universe, nor intended to be one.
>>
>>85182676
Strange, Wundarr the Aquarian, the first Black Widow, Jennifer Kale, Brother Voodoo, Clea, Dr Druid, Pixie (not a mutant, a half-human-witch-half-demon), Talisman, Merlin (multiple), Merlyn, Dracula, Morgan le Fay, Baron Mordo, Nico Minoru (and family), Enchantress, Agatha Harkness, Roma, Satana, the Ancient One...
>>
>>85183469
>>85183452
>>85183287
Stan and Joan Lee's children were born in 1950 and 1953 respectively.

The X-Men weren't created until the youngest child was already 10 years old. If they'd wanted more children in the interim, given the obvious fecundity of Joan and Stan's junk, they'd have some.

Obvious ruse is obvious.
>>
File: 1437601864338.jpg (2MB, 1988x1528px) Image search: [Google]
1437601864338.jpg
2MB, 1988x1528px
>>85183483
>And it's not like the Avengers never get shit on for what they do
Given how fucking pants-on-head retarded writers will go I don't think this holds up. S'a bit of a fallacy at this point.
>>
>>85183287

That's a great story, but complete bullshit. I didn't even know what >>85183568 posted, but even without that, it's disproven easily by the fact that the original 5 X-men were all fucking WASPs. The more diverse cast and the racial discrimination allegory weren't added until Claremont started writing the book.
>>
File: 1470104901367.jpg (443KB, 868x436px)
1470104901367.jpg
443KB, 868x436px
>>
>>85182200
The majority of mutants are not powerful enough to be super-heroes. So they take jobs away from the middle-class.
>>
>>85183848
>take jobs away from the middle class
>people who would have been born anyways regardless of if they have powers or not
>>
>>85182200
Because lack of foresight
>>
>>85183716

yeah, Stan wanted a teen hero book and didn't wanna come up with 5+ origins and read about Mutants in the paper
>>
File: 1462233929925.jpg (200KB, 1015x759px) Image search: [Google]
1462233929925.jpg
200KB, 1015x759px
>>85182254
>>85182324
>>85182395

the thing is that mutants are a new species and they can breed. Of what would you be more afraid Cap America/ Ms Marvel offspring or Magneto/Storm offspring?
>>
>>85182200
They don't love Spider-man and Fantastic Four.
I mean some do, but then again some people love certain X-men and Mutants. They've always had a fickle relationship with those Super teams.
>>85184053
Depending on how powered up she is, Ms Marvel can be pretty fucking destructive herself.
Though really it's stupid to pretend it's about powers since weak mutants get shit on just as much if not more than their OP counterparts.
>>
>>85184053
>the thing is that mutants are a new species and they can breed.

Pretty much all heros breed true. The only difference between the X-Men and everyone else is that the former are organized as racial militas with the aim of completely replacing normies in the short or long run.
>>
File: nahlam8.png (23KB, 252x258px)
nahlam8.png
23KB, 252x258px
>>85184053
>the thing is that mutants are a new species and they can breed.
Yeah.
With non-mutants.
Ergo, not a new fucking species.

Fuck's sake this whole Race War Now bullshit is only an issue in the hypothetical future WHERE YOU FORCE MUTANTS TO ONLY FUCK OTHER MUTANTS IN THE FIRST PLACE
>>
>>85182622
And then what? Will you try to kill of the Inhumans next? The Atlantans? The Eternals? The Deviants?
>>
File: 1461742763225.png (69KB, 593x237px)
1461742763225.png
69KB, 593x237px
>>85183287
>>
Let's say you were born black sorry you are a nigger
Now let's say you got into some radioactive machine that gave you a big black dick
Now you're gifted son
>>
File: 5d7.jpg (37KB, 680x370px) Image search: [Google]
5d7.jpg
37KB, 680x370px
>>85184272
>The Eternals?
He can fuckin' TRY
>>
>>85184272
The blacks? The gays? The women? The gingers?
>>
>>85183287
If you're going to make up bullshit then don't lie about commonly known facts.
>>
>>85182200
How much of a common thing is that someone is bitten by a spider or exposed to some sort of radiation and get powers?
Now think how much more usual is for people to just be born with some kind of mutation. Mutation which just migh be beneficial to those people and make them more powerful, in some manner, than other humans.
From an evolutive perspective it's just more threatning. Considering how much of them exist coming from a common source (it's just birth), once integrated in the human society, if they start do perceive themselves as superior and actually decide to own this position, dominating common humans, there's just no stopping them. They will just do as they please.
They're more threatning because they're the most likely to unite and decide to claim the world as theirs (like common humans do now). They have a common origin, experienced the prejudice from humans and, considering the two sides, they are overall the strongest. It's not like a violent, decisive action coming from the mutants would just be bullshit.
>>
>>85184272
I gather that the giant spacemen are the only actual species that evolved naturally in that universe. Would explain why the majority of sentinent races can't even breath it space, never mind tapping into free energy to achieve flight.
>>
>>85183520
How many of those are in the public eye though?
>>
>>85184385
Reminds me that Southern Italy and coastal Africa should have a shitload of superheros, what with all the radioactive trash and dangerous chemicals being dumped in those regions.
>>
File: 1470339606063.png (198KB, 358x268px)
1470339606063.png
198KB, 358x268px
>Hulk and Spiderman got mutated by radiation
>Not considered mutants
>>
>>85183025
i love the introvert, he´s so based
>>
File: 1.jpg (96KB, 500x355px)
1.jpg
96KB, 500x355px
>>85184385
Well aren't you just a ray of joy.
>>
>>85184532
Because they Mutates.
>>
You guys haven't been around very many racist people in your lifetimes. Most of the racists I know do indeed think there are a few "good ones" or hate blacks yet have no problems with hispanics, etc.
>>
File: Secret_warriors.jpg (118KB, 395x599px)
Secret_warriors.jpg
118KB, 395x599px
>>85184053
>mutants are a new species
That's not how species work, senpai.

>and they can breed
And Purple Man didn't have Purple Kids?

It's the ENTIRE premise of Secret Warriors!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secret_Warriors

See also:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bastards_of_Evil
>>
>>85182200
Marvel's people are canonically a bunch of ungrateful cunts who spit in the face of who tries to save them.
>>
Spider-Man and the Fantastic Four are harmless, like a minstrel show. When they go home they wipe off the greasepaint and they're a regular, friendly white person.

the X-Men are all nigger all the time.
>>
Because Marvel citizens by and large are hateful retarded bigots.
>>
>>85182783
Marvel is amazing at having great potential stories and squandering them.
>>
>>85184632
Welcome to [current year]:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8LaT5Iiwo4
>>
File: 1458928742166.png (115KB, 307x307px)
1458928742166.png
115KB, 307x307px
>>85182548
And how is that "threat" different to any of the other sources of superpowered wonder & terror in the Marvel universe, hmmmmmmmm?
Pro-tip: It ain't. If anything they're small pataters in the grander scheme.
>>
>>85182783
>normies
>being allowed to do shit other than get rekt

Toppest kek.
>>
>>85182200
Happy accidents don' make mutant babies.
>>
>>85184264
Look at it this way, /pol/ feels threatened by interracial shit because if a black person and a white person have a child, the child is MOST LIKELY gonna be dark. /pol/ feels like their "superior" white race will be erased from the face of the Earth is this continues.

I think you see where I'm going with this. People in the Marvel Universe hate Mutants for the same reasons, despite it being totally irrational considering they are just people with powers.
>>
>>85182363
Quit shitposting on /co/ JJJ, you have a paper to run.
>>
>>85185328
>just people with powers
Tell me that when your child is born covered in blue fur, or when they can't help but blast everything they look at with concussive blasts.
>>
People have been happy to literally set other people on fire for being the wrong color. People act like hate is this rational thing when it isn't. Never has been. It's something stupid that bubbles up from the lizard brain and takes over.
>>
>>85184632
I'm just not smart enough to get this...
>>
>>85185404
Well I almost said "people with powers and/or deformities" but we don't treat people with deformities very well irl either.
>>
File: download.jpg (5KB, 153x136px)
download.jpg
5KB, 153x136px
>>85185328
>flatscans
>"superior"
You're right.
Totally irrational.
>>
>>85185487
kek
>>
>>85185404
Except most mutant powers aside from a few are actually relatively harmless.

It doesn't seem this way because the central mutant characters are in powerful teams where having dangerous powers are a requirement, or they're villains.
>>
>>85182200

An ancient alien bacteria that uses humans for hosts came to realize that mutants are a naturally occurring thing in the gene pool, and that gradually more mutants would be born than humans. Since said bacteria can't make a host of mutants, it started a years long smear campaign to get mankind to wipe out mutants.

Yes, it's exactly as stupid as it sounds
>>
>>85182813

Giantman did too.
>>
>>85185724
You gotta be fucking kidding me...
Tell me you're just kidding...
>>
>>85183095
That Mahatma is a damn menace sitting underneath that fig tree!
>>
>>85185395
Jameson is an outspoken mutant rights advocate.
>>
File: 1361263605786.jpg (85KB, 186x383px)
1361263605786.jpg
85KB, 186x383px
Because, like most separate franchises that share the same brand/universe, it's an inconsistent conflict that nerds and writers try to make excuses for rather than just separate capeshit characters from each other to maintain believable relevancy.

Why do we still have these threads? Years back /co/ agreed that X-men was too retarded in concept and should at least be separate from everything else.
>>
File: 1431477757351.png (98KB, 1040x395px)
1431477757351.png
98KB, 1040x395px
>>
>>85182200
Lots of people hate Spiderman. Fantastic Four are mary-sues.
>>
>>85184994
Well if you'd read some comics you'd know.
>>
>>85182200
i think the reason people gush over the avengers and the ff is because they work close with the goverment, they are "official", i was reading the 90s thunderbolts and the populace was doubtful because the heroes that were left after onslaught were "renegades" like the x men, hulk and spiderman
>>
>>85186820
I've read more than you, clearly.
>>
>>85182644
>the other marvel heroes have never ever been universally loved
Yes, but X-Men were hunted down by government robots. When did that happen to F4?
>>
>>85182728
>You get non-mutant superpowers by suffering a mutation

Fuck Marvel.
>>
>>85182200
People fucking hate Spider-Man in-universe though, what are you talking about?
>>
>>85187489
How many times gave the sentinels actually been sent by the government exactly?
I see it thrown around a lot as an excuse in other discussions but I thought it was only in their debut appearance. Mostly they're from Bad End futures or being used by an independent party.

Not meant as a knock, I agree with your general sentiment. Reverend Striker or the terrorists from Busiekvengers might have been better examples though.
>>
>>85182200
Sublime, you c u c k
>>
>>85182200
Cause most super heroes aren't terrorist

The more time goes on the more the hatred of mutants is justified
>>
>>85188015
t. Beast
>>
>>85182418
>that time Octavius was in Peter's body and discovered that he had been holding back

Terrifying.
>>
>>85188234
Oh thats sounds cool.
Pic Please?
>>
>>85185328
>>85185404
>Tell me that when your child is born covered in blue fur
I think you mean WHITE fur, sir.
>>
File: 1439829996617.jpg (260KB, 600x922px) Image search: [Google]
1439829996617.jpg
260KB, 600x922px
>>85188529
>>
>>85188667
Thanks for helping remember.
>>
>>85182200
They DO hate Spider-Man, Anon. Granted, that's partially because of JJ's media crusade, but it's still there.
As for the Fantastic Four and Avengers? Better PR, really.
>>
>>85182200
Somehow this panel is funnier in context.
>>
>>85182265
True. Avengers and Fantastic 4 and stuff make NO SENSE in the X-men world.

They arent even ...MENTIONED. Its just the X-men trying to convince people that just because you have powers, doenst make you evil, you arent going to become the dominant life form OH LOOK THERES THOR YAYYYYYYYYY!
>>
>>85189005
>>
>>85182633
is that his name?
>>
>>85188667
this is fucking dumb considering spidey has broken his nose and left him as a bloody pulp many times, not to mention break almost all his tentacle sets except for the adamantium or vibranium ones, slott is a fucking hack
>>
>>85189148
It's a chick. And "dragon" is in it yes.
>>
>>85189523
Let's be fair. Spidey comes with the most monolithic amount of baggage of any Mahvel character.
>>
>>85189523
It's obvious that he was strong enough to do that. The shocking part was how easy it was.
>>
File: MUdl2Rs.jpg (43KB, 372x570px)
MUdl2Rs.jpg
43KB, 372x570px
>>85182485
>Heroes Reborn II: Mutie Boogaloo after Death of X / Inhumans vs X-men

I sure hope that is Marvel's plan. X-Men 92 is already almost that.
>>
>>85189148
Moondragon.
>>
>>85182200
Because of Sublime.

Mutants are the only species it can't control, so it makes humans hate them in an attempt to kill all Mutants.
>>
>>85187641

After M-Day the government sent sentinels to guard the Mansion and make sure the remaining mutant refugees didn't escape. They also had a Pacific Rim like Program where they had pilots control them and Rhodes was like the leader
>>
>>85190016
So will they be able to use non-mutant characters, or will all humans living in that universe be mutants?
>>
>>85183153

Well just think about real life and replace black people with mutants
>>
>>85194575
Piotr Rasputina: Shut up and Jam Gaiden?
>>
>>85182485
>>85182485
I'd like to see the X-men tackle the idea of #MutantLivesMatter vs #AllLivesMatter
>>
It's like people never read Avengers Disassembled, or Civil War, or Dark Reign, or anything

One would guess that the casuals are at least aware of these storylines
>>
>>85194854
Fuck off Brian.
>>
>>85184482
all of them
>>
>>85186185

Jameson gets interviewed and says that one of his best friends is mutant
>>
>>85194781
#OrganicLivesDon'tMatter
>>
>>85183113
people are scared of them too, you casual
>>
>>85187156
obviously, you didn't
>>
Holy fuck, morrisonfags are cancer
Sublime this, sublime that.
it's not even canon
>>
>>85194887
Fuck off /tv/
>>
>>85182305
I would read the shit out of that comic.

>If you touch rogue, you will die.
>stop slut shaming me grandma!

>Look, we respect you and your mutant identity, but beast, you need to wear clothes in the office.
>THIS IS THE SENTINEL PROGRAM ALL OVER AGAIN!

>Nobody is allowed to wear red sunglasses unless they have laser eyes! Do not appropriate my mutant culture

>Jean! you need to get a job.
>Containing the phoenix is a full time job!
>Containing the phoenix doesn't pay the bills!
>Stop oppressing me! Fuck this I'm joining magneto.
>>
>>85195289
Phoenix should just burn everything to the ground.
>>
>>85195137
Indubitably, I did.
>>
>>85194999
Exactly the point.
So why the double standard treating mutants like they're anything special?
>>
>>85189108
>>They arent even ...MENTIONED
One of the earlier X-Men issues was them fighting the Avengers
Thread posts: 185
Thread images: 31

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.