[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you ever think Marvel will feel whole again? What felt like

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 1153591-snake_girls.jpg (538KB, 1280x1970px) Image search: [Google]
1153591-snake_girls.jpg
538KB, 1280x1970px
Do you ever think Marvel will feel whole again?

What felt like a grand and sprawling universe/multiverse has shrunken down into a few characters who repeat the same tricks over and over. Where it once felt like there were thousands of characters running around and dozens of teams, it now feels like we're stuck with 5 teams and 30 characters. Everything feels dumb down and, for lack of a better word, a tie in comic imitating films source material.

What went wrong? What can fix it? Will we ever have a cohesive Marvel Universe again?

And when can they make a video game that ties everything together?

Pic related? It has Snake Girls.
>>
New editors.
>>
>>85166243
I think so. I think at this moment in time, this is like the 90s. Some really good ideas are being produced, but at the same time most of the mainstream stuff is crap.

I mean whenever I read Erwing and others like Dunggan, it feels like there is a massive world. It's only when you read someone like Bendis and Aaron it feels small.

Oh that jab at Bendis speak. Thank you whoever wrote it.
>>
>>85166295
>>85166295
Give it a decade for Alonso, Quesada, Bendis, and Slott to filter out. Then again, it's a whole fucking decade
>>
>>85166243
I definitely agree OP. The Marvel universe is feeling pretty small. That's why I hope new teams like Champions and GLA can do pretty well for themselves. Also, Marvel needs to get space back. So hopefully the new Nova series will take us back out there and the Guardians of the Galaxy can likewise move the fuck off earth. Bendis pls. The new magic stuff with Strange might also do some good to opening up the universe a bit more.

Basically, Marvel needs to return to getting their magic and space shit back up to par. Also let these books and characters breathe a bit before interrupting them with the next big "world will never be the same" crossover event.
>>
It's weird, because I feel like Bendis fucking up Scarlet Witch and the whole disassembled thing was the root of all this. At the same time, some if not most of my favourite comics have come since then, but they've been fractured. The MU as a whole has been worse.
>>
>>85166742
Bendis has been the start of the downfall of Marvel.
>>
>>85166816

I feel like when Bendis is kept inside his box he puts out some very entertaining comics - Ultimate Spider-man, Alias etc. but the minute he's given wider control he fucks everything up. He's better at writing stuff he has more direct control over the history and concept of instead of being shoved onto properties like X-men and Gotg he doesn't really understand, and can't really nail the characters voices.
>>
>>85166243
Reminder GOTG is going to be on earth for a while
>>
>>85166464
>>Oh that jab at Bendis speak. Thank you whoever wrote it.

Bendis wrote it.
>>
>>85166816
Goddamn Chuck Austen.

In less than a year he made the Avengers so terrible that Bendis was allowed to torch them and do a relaunch, which was so popular he's been able to ride it for the last decade.
>>
>>85166243
I don't things will get better until there's a regime change. Marvel's editorial needs new blood and they shouldn't let movies dictate what they publish.
>>
>>85166816
It's weird. The man used to be one of my top ten writers. Now I refuse to read anything with his name on it. After USM and Daredevil, the Bendis I liked disappeared.
>>
>>85168727
He got lazy. He has four kids and is writing way too many comics. He knows what he craps out sells, so why not phone shit in?
>>
>>85166243
>Do you ever think Marvel will feel whole again?
Probably at some point. It will take big changes though.

>What went wrong? What can fix it? Will we ever have a cohesive Marvel Universe again?

Editing staff has gone to hell and they've lost the following writers over 10 years.

Ed Brubaker
Matt Fraction
Mark Millar
Dan Abnett
Rick Remender
Sam Humphries
Jonathan Hickman
Tom King
Kelly Sue Deconnick
Marguerite Bennett
Joshua Williamson

You can't replace that talent overnight without paying for it. DC has been making big moves to get great writing talent.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.