[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Question to any Blazefags in the house: who would you consider

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6

File: GR67_01.jpg (296KB, 1016x1542px) Image search: [Google]
GR67_01.jpg
296KB, 1016x1542px
Question to any Blazefags in the house: who would you consider Johnny Blaze's archenemy?
It's a lot easier for the other Ghost Riders. Blackout, Adam, even Vengeance had Hellgate. I'm finding it a lot harder to single out one guy who was a bastard to Johnny more than anyone else was.
A separate (but possibly related) Blaze question: has it ever been explained how his wife & kids died?
>>
>>85155248

Mephisto or Satan, depending on who the person writing the story thinks bought Blaze's soul.

And no, never explain about his kids. They went missing after the Blaze ongoing series ended and were declared dead when the Devon Grayson miniseries began.

Likewise never explained why he left his wife in Hell after the end of the Danny Ketch volume when they were reunited.
>>
>>85155248
Satan itself
>>
>>85155248
Marvel
>>
>>85155426
Yeah I agree but it had some great jokes in it
>>
>>85155248

Zarathos.

Blaze's worst enemy is the demon that's possessed him.
>>
>>85155248
Gravity.
>>
>>85155248
what a shitty motorcycle design.
>>
>>85156617
I think the best bike and best design Blaze has ever had came from the Spirit of Vengeance movie.

>>85155248
Skinbender.
>>
File: GR64_27.jpg (74KB, 287x437px) Image search: [Google]
GR64_27.jpg
74KB, 287x437px
>>85155393
>>85155426
See, I feel the fact that writers can't make their mind up nips it being a Hell Lord in the bud a little. Especially since the retconned it all to being Zadkiel's doing anyway.
Besides Surfer & Hellstorm call dibs on those two.
>>
>>85155536
I can groove to this.
Biggest gripe being is "Zarathos" even a thing anymore? The Way/Aaron run seemed to imply he was one big hoax. The only time the word Zarathos is even uttered is when Johnny's listing off things he's been lied to about. If all the stuff with the Soul Crystal and Midnight Sons was just an elaborate ruse it kinda defangs the relationship.
>>
>>85157072

My understanding is that Zarathos was bonded to him in the original Johnny Blaze series from the 70s. He was freed from Zarathos at the end of that volume and fought him during the Danny Ketch series.

Blaze was rebounded to him during the Devon Grayson miniseries. Then he died and wound up in Hell during the Garth Ennis miniseries, at which point Zadkiel bonded him to the Angel of Vengeance or whatever entity (but Blaze didn't know it at the time).

The problem is that every time there's a new Ghost Rider volume, the new creative team wants to "reinvent" the character and ignore whatever came immediately before it.

This is easier to take when they create a new Ghost Rider, like Danny or that chick or that Hispanic guy. But creators like Grayson, Ennis and Way/Aaron tried to do it with Blaze, which fucks up continuity big time.

Grayson made Blaze an accountant, for instance. Blaze. An accountant.
>>
>>85157287
I think the simplest thing to do is dial back on all the heaven and hell stuff and go back to the Kale bloodline. Just have it be the demons and angels and whatever to be the trigger for the power that's already in the family.

But Zarathos should absolutely be Johnny's archenemy.
>>
File: Ghost Rider v6 33-4.jpg (228KB, 1188x440px) Image search: [Google]
Ghost Rider v6 33-4.jpg
228KB, 1188x440px
>>85157287
The Zadkiel retcon goes all the way back. Don't have the page to hand but Roxanne's intervention when the Devil came for Johnny's soul was noticed by Zadkiel and he responded by sending the Spirit.
I'm honestly okay with it. Ghost Rider lore was a contradictory mess before that for the reasons you stated and there were so many throwbacks and continuity references in Aaron's run that he clearly wasn't doing it out of ignorance. It was a nice way of streamlining things. Plus it lined up snugly with Mackie's last work.
The only failing IMO was what I've mentioned; he never actually addressed the validity of all the threats GR comics had dealt with based on the prior lore. Just shouted "LIES!" a lot.
>>
The Orb
>>
File: IMG_6883-XL.jpg (75KB, 512x768px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6883-XL.jpg
75KB, 512x768px
>>85155536

I've always liked that angle in the original series. Ghost Rider, to me at least, has always been compelling when the Ghost Rider is depicted as a seprate personality (Johnny Blaze/Zarathos, Danny Ketch/Noble Kale). It's an aspect that seems ignored a lot as they always have it where it's just Johnny or Danny in control. I've found that more interesting than the whole "spirit of vengeance is an angel" stuff that Daniel Way and Jason Aaron introduced.
>>
>>85162541
I've never much cared for that sort of thing. Like when they have Captain Marvel be a distinctly different individual from Billy Batson. The only characters I really think it works well for is Jason Blood and Etrigan.
>>
File: Ghost Rider v6 25-22.jpg (551KB, 1280x1998px) Image search: [Google]
Ghost Rider v6 25-22.jpg
551KB, 1280x1998px
>>85162541
tbf the Spirits are still distinct entities in the Way/Aaron run.
>>
>>85155248

What about Centurious?

Blaze hated that fucker.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.