/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Want to read some Ostrandre Squad before the movie tonight, which

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 317716._SX640_QL80_TTD_.jpg (164KB, 640x984px) Image search: [Google]
317716._SX640_QL80_TTD_.jpg
164KB, 640x984px
Want to read some Ostrandre Squad before the movie tonight, which volume do you guys recommend? I was thinking the Nightshade Odyssey.
>>
I'd recommend the Phoenix Gambit
>>
>>85153581
The Janus Directive is probably the best storyline.

Though honestly you just read some Secret Six instead.
>>
File: ss glory boat.jpg (2MB, 1987x3041px) Image search: [Google]
ss glory boat.jpg
2MB, 1987x3041px
Apokolips arc is probably my favourite

Sheba ;_;
>>
>>85154440
>implying the pie saga isn't the best storyline
>>
>>85153581
Yous should just get all of it

For the best stuff out now I'd say vol 3 and Deadshot: Beginnings
>>
>>85154440
I'm reading through the Janus Directive right now and uts a fucking snooze fest, yes, all the crossovers are cool with checkmate and Firestorm, but goddamn it's just fucking boring man, Nightshade Odyssey I found ro be way more enjoyable.
>>
>>85154555
Trips of truth
>tfw we'll never have Dutchess on the screen tie in SS with the impending war with Apkolips that's the DCEU is setting up for
This bums me out so much, we could have had a smart and awesome tie in to the overall arc of the story being told, instead they had to shove in Katana and Croc, still a little salty over this missed opportunity.
>>
>>85156065
I liked Janus directive but I will concede it's definitely a slow burn. I wouldn't recommend it if you're not a fan of glacial paced spy novels.
>>
>>85157687
I think the problem that I have with the JD is the multiple tie ins, I knew of Checkmate, and Manhunter, and Project Atom while reading through the first three trades, but I don't care enough about them to have been excited while reading their tie ins. I just didn't care about their characters or how they all fit into the JD, unlike the crossover they had with Doom Patrol. It's kind of like having a sweet Spider-Man story reaching a climax and then jumping over to spend five issues explaining how Ned Leeds and Betty Brant help Ben Urich uncover the fact that Norman was in on it. Maybe that was a bad example...
>>
>>85156065
Overall the plots in the book aren't anything to write home about. The character moments are what sell it.
>>
>>85154611
>editorial forcing Ostrander to change the original culprit, who was actually Batman.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.