[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is DC so fucking difficult to follow up? >open a comic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: 60_p05.jpg (692KB, 970x1511px) Image search: [Google]
60_p05.jpg
692KB, 970x1511px
Why is DC so fucking difficult to follow up?

>open a comic
>BEFORE READING THIS READ XXXX 45, XXXX 24, XXX 33, XXX 13 AND XXX 55

Can you give me some good auto-conclusive comics?

Or just good ones that include only stuff from themselves

I don't give a fuck about genre/universe/continent they come from

I'm too lazy to fucking fuck anything, yeah rec stuffck
>>
It's really not that difficult. Just give it an actual try instead of bitching.
>>
Go read Morrison's Animal Man and stop being a bitch
>>
It sounds like you're just being a little bitch anon, have you tried not being a little bitch and actually read comics?
>>
>>85148309
>I'm too lazy to fucking fuck anything, yeah rec stuffck
Apparently you're too lazy to use your brain
>>
File: IMG_00193.jpg (153KB, 600x215px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_00193.jpg
153KB, 600x215px
>>85148486
I'm reading and bitching at the same time, I have a tablet but this forever evil thing have too many branches and I'm lazy

I kinda like this guy
>>
>>85148486
>Just give it an actual try instead of bitching
Doesn't this thread exist because he did try?
I mean, the whole reason DC and Marvel have to keep rebooting their universes is so that people can actually care
The age of the turbonerd is over, people with attention spans lasting more than 20 minutes and enough money to buy multiple issues worth of media don't spend money on comics
Comics really aren't worth it, at least not American Big 2
>>
>>85148676
I'm just bitching but I don't like to miss stuff that is the thread reason, fuck that "read the 157 volumes from the 60s of certain character to understand this plot"
>>
>>85148711
>I'm just bitching
but it's justified
thats why rec charts exist
you just have to get someone who knows his shit to let you know

or hit up a wiki to see what stuff people think is important enough to get recognition
>>
>>85148711
Literally every time they do something like that they've already recapped the pertinent information from that story, they are just telling you what issue the event they're talking about happened in case you want to read how it happened but since you know it fucking happened you can continue reading the current one without problems.

Dumbass.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (185KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
185KB, 1920x1080px
Just follow some verified fan youtube channel
>>
>>85148590
>Reading the tie-ins
God no, are you some kind of masochist? Just read the stuff that interests you, not all the fucking tie-ins, that was my mistake when I first tried to read Blackest Night. I then reread it years later only following the tie-ins that looked neat and I enjoyed it more
>but muh complete experience
>but muh what if I miss something out
you are a faggot if you legitimately think these are actual excuses to read through a book. You're gonna waste fucking hours maybe even days trying to soak up that information and you'll realize all it'll get you is nothing.
>>
>>85148845
Did she like the book?
>>
>>85149002
Yeah, she ate it with some KFC
>>
File: Bh3ve4uCAAAxMyO.jpg (372KB, 630x941px) Image search: [Google]
Bh3ve4uCAAAxMyO.jpg
372KB, 630x941px
>>85148762
This. I have literally never once in my life been confused by what's going on in a comic because I didn't read previous material, as long as I start reading at the beginning of the story arc.

There are SOME series, such as Busiek's Avengers and Levitz's Legion of Super-Heroes, that use the huge history to their advantage, but complaining about those are like complaining that Street Fighter is too hard for people who don't know how to play fighting games.

I'd say 99% of cape comics can be read without knowing anything else except the basic facts from movies.

You know when the book says "as seen in issue #68 of Fuckface" or "check out Pouchwave #1 for the full story!" that's just them trying to sell you shit, right? You don't actually have to read it just because an editor whose job is to sell comics told you to.

>tl;dr
Just get the fuck over it and keep reading, I promise you you won't have any problems keeping up with the story.
>>
>>85149034
hey fuck you anon, you don't tell me what to do.
>>
>>85149060
You wanna bet, fuccboi?
>>
You know they do that to get you to buy old content, right?
Most of the time you don't need to read that other shit at all.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.