[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why doesn't /co/ like this movie? I just watched it again

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

Why doesn't /co/ like this movie? I just watched it again and thought it was a great introduction to a modern-day Supes. True, it wasn't the most light-hearted adaptation but it had potential to grow into one in sequels. The only real problem is the schizophrenically choppy editing especially with flashbacks.
I can see why bvs and even suicide squad are bad movies but I genuinely love mos.
>>
>>85134423
Muh killing Zod
Muh Jesus symbolism
Muh product placement
Muh Pa Kent

They conveniently ignore that the first three were just as bad in Superman II. Pa Kent's death was really stupid though.
>>
>>85134423
Lindsay?
>>
>>85134865
>"They can be a great people, Kal-El; they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you.... my only son."

And people say the Jesus window behind Clark wasn't subtle.
>>
I thought it was great but BvS made me enjoy it less

Now I think it's just ok
>>
>>85134423
Parts were OK to fine. The entire 'lost years' when they went and did shit like stealing clothes from a clothes line and trashing the trucker's car in such a clear abuse of atypical powers, and the non-infamous tornado scene is where the movie really goes off the rails.

Plain and simple, it might be a fine action movie, it might be a decent popcorn summer movie.

It's not a good Superman movie, not even for the people who think it can be treated as an Elseworld tale. That was never the intention and if it was, they should have embraced it, instead of half-assing shit.
>>
>>85134942

Don't forget cloud Jor-El forbidden Superman from turning back time and saving Lois because he couldn't "tamper with humanity" and do unnatural things like that.

Jor-El was pretty much God in the Richard Donner's movies.
>>
It's a good movie, but it does have its flaws. It's like the 2000 Hulk or the 2005 Fantastic Four of Superman movies.
>>
>>85134556
>Muh killing Zod
He did it so Zod wouldn't kill that one family though? And still broke down afterwards, even after Zod spent the entire final battle asking for it? IMO that's one exception to Supes' no-kill rule that works perfectly in the context of the film.
>>
>>85135076

>The entire 'lost years' when they went and did shit like stealing clothes from a clothes line and trashing the trucker's car in such a clear abuse of atypical powers

Superman used to abuse his powers constantly in the silver age. Even when Superman was traveling the world before becoming Superman in the Post-Crisis continuity he did that shit.
>>
It's a mediocre movie that gets more spin and damage control than OJ Simpson.
>>
>>85135124
That's sort of the point. But people complain about it, ignoring how he much more willingly killed Zod in the comics, and did so while smiling in Superman 2.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.