[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When Critics watch comic book movies and give them bad review

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: tumblr_mqpgr1Ylj71sxviy0o1_250.gif (467KB, 200x209px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mqpgr1Ylj71sxviy0o1_250.gif
467KB, 200x209px
When Critics watch comic book movies and give them bad review because they don't understand the source
>>
>>85116533
Shouldn't a movie be based on it's own merits and not the strength of it's source material though?
>>
Hardly any of these movies have anything to do with the source. All of these superhero movies are more about utilizing an IP than adapting anything from the source.
>>
>>85116688
Very true: an earnest adaptation of your typical cape book would require a sizeable amount of internal dialogue, have a fight scene every 6 minutes or so, and end with a hostess fruit pie ad.
>>
>>85116633
NO! Movies should be rated based on how good the source was because reasons
>>
First two posts best posts and pretty much sumirize the main problems.
>>
File: that feel when mixed reviews.jpg (109KB, 600x687px) Image search: [Google]
that feel when mixed reviews.jpg
109KB, 600x687px
>When Snyder shits up the movie because he doesn't understand the source
>>
>>85116814
There have been attempts to adapt page for page the source material and it usually fails. Like watchmen. And i havent seen Killing Joke yet, and from what i hear i might as well just reread the book
>>
>>85116633
Tell that to Passion of the Christ.
>>
>>85116533
>p...people can't understand this character without having read ALL THOSE FANFICS that offer COMPLETELY DIFFERENT and INCONSISTENT interpretations of the characters

Yep.
>>
>>85117367
>There have been attempts to adapt page for page the source material and it usually fails
>Like watchmen

Try reading Watchmen sometime, kid.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.