[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

'Suicide Squad's' Secret Drama: Rushed Production,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 511
Thread images: 52

>A source with knowledge of events says Warners executives, nervous from the start, grew more anxious after they were blindsided and deeply rattled by the tepid response to BvS. "Kevin was really pissed about damage to the brand," says one executive close to the studio. A key concern for Warners executives was that Suicide Squad didn't deliver on the fun, edgy tone promised in the strong teaser trailer for the film. So while Ayer pursued his original vision, Warners set about working on a different cut, with an assist from Trailer Park, the company that had made the teaser.

>Even on the day of the premiere, one insider fretted about whether Suicide Squad would mirror BvS' huge opening and weak legs. Another veteran says the goal is survival: "The movie's got to do $750 million, $800 million to break even. If they get anywhere close to that, they'll consider it a win."

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/suicide-squads-secret-drama-rushed-916693
>>
>b-but our films are director driven
Seriously, fuck WB.
>>
>>85114342
14. THE GOSSIP LIFE 08/02
This A-list movie had good testing reviews with some criticism several months ago. The studio took it insanely personally, fearing another flop and ordered several reshoots and rewrites. This has resulted in a butchered movie that's receiving piss poor reviews. "Suicide Squad"
>>
File: 1470156998437.jpg (103KB, 647x935px) Image search: [Google]
1470156998437.jpg
103KB, 647x935px
>>85115193
>>85114342
Thanks WB
>>
Oh WB you are all retards. This is what happens when you let Zack "The Hack" Snyder drive your universe.
>>
File: 1470157060513.jpg (81KB, 647x720px) Image search: [Google]
1470157060513.jpg
81KB, 647x720px
>>85115231
>>
File: qFTsTCd.png (50KB, 734x429px) Image search: [Google]
qFTsTCd.png
50KB, 734x429px
http://9gag.com/gag/aE7n229/pick-3-to-absolutely-suck-so-the-others-can-be-great

Hit the nail on the head.
>>
>>85114342
They should have known from the how far off the designs and styles were different then the classics that this wouldn't fly.

Now 2 bad and expensive movies with the Brand tarnished.
>>
>>85114342
>WB is actively poisoning DC as a brand

Lmao wow
Wonder Woman and Justice League are definitely not going to be good then
>>
>>85115269
>Suicide squad is bad
No it isn't.
>>
>>85115172
They were, and then they betrayed Snyder before the movie was even out. And this confirms Johns was put on the job to make everything LESS director driven and more casual friendly.

>>85115232
You are a fucking idiot, If anything it's the other way around.
>>
>>85115249
>civil war as good as avengers 2
>implying those movies were any good
>>
I wonder if WB is on suicide watch.
>>
How long till DC offer up Snyder as a sacrificial lamb to the rabid critics?
>>
Wow it's fucking nothing.
>>
>>85115172
This.
I now imagine all WB execs as the giant spider guy from Death of Superman Lives documentary.
>>
>>85115249
>Avengers 2
>good
>>
>>85115342
Civil War was far better than Avengers 2 though
>>
>>85115340
Explain then. I mean, WB are still fucking retarded, but for a different reason?
>>
>>85115349
Well SS is now probably going to bomb after the first few days like BvS did so if they aren't now then they will be soon
And then they'll put their hands all over Wonder Woman, ruin that movie, and the cycle will continue.
>>
>>85115340
>betrayed Snyder.
Fuck off Snyder, WB had Nolan do whatever he wanted along with him being a good director, unlike you Zack.
>>
Waiting for that Ayer cut now
>>
>>85115397
WB don't have a plan. They are desperately bouncing from crisis to crisis trying to fix things and ending up making them worse.

Announcing a whole slate of movies at once was a terrible idea because they put themselves under an enormous amount of pressure and now they are panicking
>>
>>85115413
I don't think it's gonna bomb. None of those reviews are gonna put a stop to the momentum it bulid up.
>>
>>85115432
Well they let Ayer and Snyder did whateve they wanted as well.
But since the test audience didn't like them, they re-shot or re-edited the movies to shit.
>>
>>85115465
I think it'll underperform. Big first weekend then rapid drop off as word of mouth gets around.
>>
>>85115413
Suicide squad isn't gonna bomb. The general public is gonna love it and be one of those films where the audience reception trump the critic's opinions.
>>
>>85115465
Bomb? No. But it won't make as much money as WB hoped. It will probably still get that $100+ opening weekend, but expect a huge drop similar to Batman v Superman.

This is also gonna hurt Wonder Woman because that film now has to launch after two critically-panned DC superhero movies.
>>
>>85115525
/co/ said the same about BvS
>>
>>85115476
>Well they let Ayer and Snyder did whateve they wanted as well.
They let Snyder do whatever he wanted, and what he wanted to do was drop his pants, bend over, and spray wet shit all over the DC universe and force his garbage-ass politics into the setting.

Yes, Snyder, we fucking get it, you want to make sweet sweet love to the Fountainhead. Fuck off. Atlas Shrugged was a garbage book and it was a garbage movie. Eat shit.
>>
>>85115494
Well you're assuming the word of mouth is gonna be bad and work against the movie. I think the opposite, I think people are gonna watch and tell their friends that the critics were wrong.
>>
File: nonplussed frog.jpg (7KB, 250x241px) Image search: [Google]
nonplussed frog.jpg
7KB, 250x241px
Does anyone sort of want it all to bomb at this point?

Between Snyder, WB execs going full retard, and terrible luck all around, the DCEU seems to just be fucked from the get-go. I'm not sure there's any saving it. Just let it all crash and burn, wait five years, and try again.
>>
>>85115588
Have you seen it? I mean critics trash stuff like Transformers all the time and they are successful but they are fun movies in their own way.
>>
>>85115563
I really believe we're not gonna see any dropoff here.
>>
>movie not even out yet
>leaked "spoilers" don't show anything too bad
>yet somehow everyone is having a metldown and calling the movie shit
If this movie fails i swear to god.
>>
>>85115600
I actually want it to make a billion so I can laugh at all the rtdrones.
>>
>>85115600
No, I want it to be successful so we can have more villain led movies like Thunderbolts down in the road.
>>
>>85115600
Yeeeeah I feel bad for all the actors for being attached to this shit
>>
>>85115673
>implying Disney won't want to do Thunderbolts to rub SQuad's failure in WB's face
>>
>>85115673
I'm almost certain Marvel's planning to give us Thunderbolts regardless of what DC does. They kept Zemo alive for a reason.
>>
>>85115647
RT is "did you enjoy it". It doesn't matter how much it makes.
>>
>>85115634
I haven't seen it yet but if the spoilers are true than there isn't anything about the film that would turn off audiences. This isn't like BvS where people go in expecting a summer blockbuster and getting an operatic revenge drama.
>>
>>85115724
I'm looking forward to it. Hopefully 2020

Ross
Zemo
Justin Hammer
Abomination
>>
>>85115785
>Justin Hammer
Why, so Marvel can waste him again?
>>
>>85115753
People weren't turned off by the operatic revenge drama. They were turned off by the first half of the movie being boring, Doomsday looking lame and "Martha!"

The common theme for the SS reviews/spoilers is too many pop songs, disjointed editing, a lame final fight and jokes that fail to land
>>
File: tf4.jpg (271KB, 760x524px) Image search: [Google]
tf4.jpg
271KB, 760x524px
>>85114342

>Movies make billions of dollars
>critically panned
>MOVIES MAKE BILLIONS OF DOLLARS
>BILLIONS

So who the fuck cares? There will be Transformers sequels for the next hundred years regardless of whether they score a 1% on RT.

Likewise, there will be DC films for the next hundred years because they've gonna keep making a fortune at the BO. Doesn't matter if critics like them or not. It's money.
>>
>>85114342
So Diane Nelson, the Snyder's, Roven and the rest have to be fired now right?
>>
>>85115248
>>85115231
SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT
i just wanted to enjoy this fucking movie.
FUCK.
Guess time to wait for the directors cut (like hell its gonna happen, at least not in the original vision way)
>>
>>85115785
It will be the classic team according with the media push, with Songbird as the main character.
>>
>>85115890
The difference is that BvS didn't make billions. With it's huge ass budget is was only a mild success.

Blockbusters are meant to make fuck tons of money to pay for all the dramas Hollywood makes that no one watches
>>
>>85115897
It would have to happen after Justice League.

And no, WB is too incompetent.
>>
>>85115890
Actually Paramount and Hasbro have been working on retooling the Transformers movies because each movie's domestic gross got lower and lower. They still made billions because of Chinabux but in the US they were basically dead after Age of Extinction.
>>
>>85114342
>$800 million to break even on a movie with a no-name ensemble tv actor cast, one real star and no groundbreaking inventions of filmmaking techniques to pay back

christ

they're using it to pay off something else, aren't they? Can't be Nicholson, he'd have expired years ago, can't be Ledger, he's dead and so is his contract, can't be the losses from BvS unless that cost a lot more than even WB admitted to

800 can't be the break-even for the first part of a presumed trilogy featuring tv-tier actors and a faded star

how much are they fucking paying Affleck?
>>
>>85115576
they let him do whatever in MoS which was better than BvS
>>
File: 1431303180767.png (98KB, 378x423px) Image search: [Google]
1431303180767.png
98KB, 378x423px
>>85115249

Civil War was far better than Age of Ultron though

And Deadpool was fine...it was a smaller scale movie because its Deadpool...he doesn't need a $200MM budget
>>
File: cut it out.gif (23KB, 250x180px) Image search: [Google]
cut it out.gif
23KB, 250x180px
>>85115249
>9gag
>>
>>85115845
The first part of BvS is the best part and Doomsday doesn't look as much he looks generoc. Could be the abomination or a mountain troll. What turned people off why the premise of Superman and Batman
>why are they fighting? Aren't they supposed to be the good guys
And how wildly different ot was from the usual superhero fare
>>
File: 1417258391632.png (708KB, 543x576px) Image search: [Google]
1417258391632.png
708KB, 543x576px
>>85114342

>WB Execs fucking over the DCEU again

They cucked BvS and now they're doing it to SS.

Save us Geoff Johns!
>>
>>85115375
the thing about that is that all creatives are like that as well; filmmaking is a collaborative process, which is why there wasn't a Superman movie where he wears dark colors, barely wears his costume at all, filmed without his cape and fights a giant robot-spider-thing at the end until 2013

making something director driven doesn't help you one bit if your director is totally fucking insane
>>
>>85115600
No because I want Batfleck to live on forever.
>>
>>85116067
He won't.
>>
Oh WB. You guys aren't Sony yet, but boy are you trying.
>>
>>85116067
Anon Cereal God isnt going to cut it. They need a crack team of people who want to do these projects and know the material in order to pull themselves out of the fire. As of now, WE'RE PRETTY FUCKED. WB in panic mode will only lead to more meddling and a worse product. Its desperation at this point
>>
>>85114342
>nd studio executives, brimming with anxiety, who are ready to intercede forcefully as they attempt to protect a branded asset

This is the true, absolute problem.
Sure, Snyder is a hack, but even if you remove it from the director chair, he is executive producer and will fuck up everything. And if the other executives also act like most DCfags (NOT MUH DC) instead of trying to make a decent movie, we are fucked for yet some more time.
>>
>>85116013
But Civil war was still shit. There was a good movie somehwere there but it was drowned in avengers vs avengers shit.
>>
>>85114342
>The movie's got to do $750 million, $800 million to break even
What is wrong with these people? How can they be so out of touch with their budgets?
>>
>Crisis on infinite movie sets
>>
Wait, 800 mil? The budgets only 175, where is 800 coming from?
>>
>>85115375
>underrated post
>>
>>85116157
Civil War is the weakest Cap film but one of the better Marvel movies anon. The fact that it juggled characters better than AoU is a step up.
>>
So what DC movie is gonna be the first of the Johns era WW or JL? I know it's not this one since it was finished by the time he got promoted.
>>
File: confusedblackman.png (103KB, 300x256px) Image search: [Google]
confusedblackman.png
103KB, 300x256px
>>85115249
>as good as Avengers 2
>Age of loltron
>good
>>
>>85115989
Hollywood economics
Take a movies production budget add the marketing budget. Then double it and that's how much you need to make to break even
>>
>>85115638
yeah i agree, this movie doesn't sound like a plodding, boring, overlong, slog like BvS so the general audience will probably be satisified with all the quips, explosions, and Harley ass shots.
>>
>>85116211

Neither. They both started production before he joined.
>>
File: feig.jpg (47KB, 534x712px) Image search: [Google]
feig.jpg
47KB, 534x712px
>>85114342
>"The movie's got to do $750 million, $800 million to break even. If they get anywhere close to that, they'll consider it a win."
Oh shit I've heard this before.

That is not positive at all
>>
>>85116211
Im going to say JL, if that. I think WW is going to do mediocre and will fail to show any of the mythic material
>>
Sound like a bunch of bs to me. Ever time a DC movie comes out there are thousands of clickbait "articles" that are made for views.
>>
>>85115563
>It will probably still get that $100+ opening weekend,
doubt it; 80 is about the high

most of the sites that bother with tracking algorithms are just using "comic book movies" to base it on, averaged with the career-long ticket sales of the stars/director; it's horribly inaccurate

>>85115525
SS has half the RT "want to see" votes BvS had at the same stage of the marketing cycle; it's not an exact measurement by any means, but it does point to a far lower public interest - even before RT started publishing reviews

in addition, that same score has already dropped 1% - in just 24 hours, on 2000 or so votes; you can claim all the foul play you want, but the reception here is cold

>>85115638
again, probably expecting it to underperform; that's the general trend for all the movies in this franchise

if word of mouth gets out and it's bad on an already low opener, this thing is toast

>>85115641
you raise a good point: if you're interested enough to want to watch it, go watch it, don't wait

but if you're sitting there in a mostly empty theater sunday night, don't blame the industry, blame the studio
>>
>>85116207
>The fact that it juggled characters better than AoU is a step up.
It didn't juggle anything. It just made all the characters fight each other for really weak reasons.
>>
>>85115989
It's someone pulling a number out of their ass. The only way they'd need to top $800 million to break even is if SS cost at least twice its reported budget. The fact that this supposed "veteran" thinks that a Hollywood studio would make a film that requires it to be one of the highest grossing films of all time to make any money implies that the "veteran" is very disconnected from the studio side.
>>
>>85116292
Well he could still have some influence on WW when it comes to editing for the tone and maybe reshoots, but yeah probably JL.
>>
>>85116278
He can stay producing Ski Bunny Schlock for all I care now. Fuck him ruining the brand.
>>
>>85116062
In the unextended edition the first half was dire. The whole Africa plot was a confusing mess, then there was the whole batbrand thing that went no where and lots of superman brooding while cable news heads discussed him.

The movie did a shit job of making people care about why they were fighting though and then using the Martha namedrop to magically fix everything made their early fighting seem even more pointless.
>>
>>85116247

Even with a huge marketing budget for this thing, that should be around 200 mil.

Double that is only 400. Where's 8 coming from? Simple greed?
>>
>>85115845
I fucking loved the Martha! Scene unironically. They both felt So HUMAN at the moment, at the moment the myths of Batman and Superman dropped away and revealed Clark and Bruce, just two guys who love their moms.
>>
>>85115231
>>85115248
WOW

That is just...well, JUST
>>
>>85115989
They gotta pay for those last-minute reshoots that cost a fortune.
>>
>>85116207
>Civil War is the weakest Cap film
The entire second half of Cap 1 is awful.
>>
>>85116247
yes i know

but this movie shouldn't have cost $300m to make and another $100m to market

it's an overspend problem typical of WB; they did it on all the Nolan movies too

i don't understand why they have such poor oversight, the only genuinely possible reason I can think of is that they're attaching debt from failed projects to new projects as some kind of tax relief deal, but even then, federal relief and state and international relief aren't going to get these things made for free even if the relief is as generous as it is on real estate

they're just spending too much
>>
>>85116340
I hope he has zero influence on WW because Johns does not get Diana at all. Even after all that reading he did, he STILL can't write her for shit.
>>
>>85115231
Damn, I wanna watch the version he watched.
>>
>>85116360
Don't forget "never resolving the moral debate, here's some toys and character you'll eventually see later".
>>
File: 1470209653621_0.jpg (46KB, 592x448px) Image search: [Google]
1470209653621_0.jpg
46KB, 592x448px
What did you expect when Margot robbie is such a fucking horrible Harley Quinn? Digitally edited-in booty and shitty home-made tattoos and annoyingly normal voice trigger me to no fucking end. They could have gotten someone so much better if they would have just waited and took a couple of years to have a strong standing against marvel.
>>
>>85115397
>Explain then. I mean, WB are still fucking retarded, but for a different reason?
They are retarded because they literally do not have a plan. There is no one running the DCEU show. They put all their hands in Snyder and then that didn't work out so now they have to run around pretending IT'S FINE, EVERYTHING'S FINE when they don't have a clue of where to take things. Just like fucking Green Lantern
>>
>>85116211
Maybe Flash? Wonder Woman is already being filmed. Justice League is too far along for Johns to be completely in the drivers seat (he got promoted after filming started)
>>
File: dr-manhattan.jpg (47KB, 500x435px) Image search: [Google]
dr-manhattan.jpg
47KB, 500x435px
>>85116067
Geoff Johns: There. Everything is saved, now.
>>
>>85116391
True but it had a strong first half and CW barely counts as a Cap film
>>
>>85116391
>The entire second half of Cap 1 is awful.

WRONG
>>
"Transformers" is the only modern franchise on a scale and budget comparable to these tentpole superhero movies that gets shitty reviews and still rakes in money. I don't know why people use it as an example that blockbusters with bad reviews often become box office hits. "Transformers" is the exception, not the norm. And that's because Michael Bay is the ultimate showman.
>>
>>85116339
You need to read some of those Sony emails. Veterans are nothing BUT disconnected to the film industry. They have no idea how much money things are realistically going to make.
>>
>>85116415
Cracked said it best.

>There are plenty of great movies out there that don't take sides on deep issues like how we must handle the consolidation of power given its corrosive nature. One such movie is Rocky. Another is The Little Mermaid. While those movies have some differences, they do have one big thing in common: They don't spend their first 30 minutes underlining, bolding, and italicizing the question "Can you be moral and all-powerful?" only to end with, "Well, we sure killed that monster that came from out of nowhere. Please enjoy all eight of our spinoffs/sequels."
>>
>>85116404
That's the old Johns who never Wonder woman. The new Johns did and now his wonder woman is ON POINT.
JOHNS YOU FUCK I WANT MORE LEX/DIANA CHEMISTRY.
>>
>>85116457
Also, the domestic sales of Transformers have been going down. Chinabux are why it's still alive.
>>
>>85115568
And it did over 800 millions
>>
>>85116373
Most people didn't but art is subjective. Most people really didn't like the scene but you do you
>>
>>85116453
No, you're wrong. Everything past the montage is garbage. You're letting your nostalgia get the better of you.
>>
>>85115576
Fuck off idiot. MoS is the movie he wanted to do. BvS was fucked by DC. 159
>>
>>85116469
And with GB they threw a good 30 precent or more of the domestic at the old director and crew so they'd shut up and play ball.
>>
>>85116453
Nigga pls...
>>
>>85115989
It's bullshit Hollywood economics.

Basically, even if something is a rip-roaring success that makes 1.5 billion, accountants can find a way of spinning the numbers as not making money at all.

I think it's something like Harry Potter, despite being one of the most successful franchises of all time, not making that much money for Warner Bros.
>>
File: image.jpg (34KB, 415x416px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34KB, 415x416px
>>85114342
Soo are Warner executives worst than FoX and Sony executives ?
>>
Does he have shit taste?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKaLy54AbWs
>>
>>85116583
Not yet, how they fuck over Johns will determine if they are.
>>
>>85116522
Which is several hundred million less than hoped/expected.

WB wanted a 1.2+ billion movie
>>
File: harry-potter-net-profits.jpg (359KB, 575x782px) Image search: [Google]
harry-potter-net-profits.jpg
359KB, 575x782px
>>85116576
Harry potter didn't make any money at all. The franchise lost billions. They had to continue to make the films because they lost so much money.
>>
>>85116583
The Sony execs are retarded, but at least they didn't let those awful movies become reality and partially sold to Marvel.
Fox seems to be able to make complete movies, but I'm not a fan of them. They aren't want interest me in the X-Men.
Warner execs are sitting in a flaming building just convinced that everything will be fine.
>>
Skwad isn't going to do well if only because there's no competition. Other then Bourne it's got nothing against it for pretty much all of August.

>>85116558

>Fuck off idiot. MoS is the movie he wanted to do. BvS was fucked by DC.

MoS was literally three different competing visions glued into one film and a script that was rewritten to death on set. You're on drugs.

BvS was absolutely Snyder's pure vision, MoS wasn't. That's clear if only because whatever shreds of humanity leaked through in MoS were ripped right out of BvS, so I guess those were Nolan's doing. Snyder can't let a little thing like characterization get in the way of his pure kino.
>>
>>85116583
Id say a bit better than Sony, worse than FOX. FOX for the most part makes medicore movies and plays it safe with X Men to an annoying degree. WB is on the verge of going full Pascal
>>
>>85116360
>unextended cut
Watch the ultimate cut. It might not solve all the problems you have but it damn well clears up the Batbrand and the africa stuff and it just has the best live action Clark.
>>
>>85116062
>And how wildly different ot was from the usual superhero fare

That no on e cares about captain america or iron man, they are not "the good guys", they are just superheroes. Batman and Superman are held to higher standards.

Everyone has an opinion on how they should behave, everyone has a different "muh". Everyone cares about them (hate is also caring). Everyone wants them to fail or "win". No one cares about Iron man anymore, no one will care about Evan's cap in 5 years. They are popular but they are far from iconic.

BvS was too much for casuals to handle, normies liked it, but casuals got extremelt mad.
>>
>>85116658

>isn't

*is
>>
>>85116658

Sausage Party is next week.

And to a lesser extent, Petes Dragon.
>>
>>85116670
Pascal?
>>
>>85116655
SONY's awful movie ideas would have happened if they werent nigh bankruptcy and Japan HQ didnt strongarm them to sell to Marvel
>>
>>85116682
Shut up Boco no one asked you.
>>
>>85116149
>>85116067

Johns is part of the problem he is the EXECUTIVES TOOL. The guy it's a total bitch to the suits. The only way the movies can be saved it's that Snyder makes tons of money with JL so the suits can let other directors do non-generic stuff.

With Johns you will get DC's MCU
>>
>>85116576
Harry Potter, Star Wars and LotR all were huge franchises but due to creative accounting didn't turn profits.

One trick they commonly use is for the studio to pay a huge fee to a distributor, a fee so huge that the movie could never turn a profit. The distributor is of course part of the same corporation as the studio
>>
>>85116682

>animated movie

>animated kids movie

Not competition in the same way.

And Ben-Hur is coming out in August, so we know what the bomb of the month is going to be.
>>
>>85116691
As in Amy Pascal, the former SONY Pictures head who was a batshit insane feminist and wanted more money than the STAR WARS deal Disney made for Spider Man
>>
>>85116682
I will burn down Seth Rogen's house if sausage party gets a higher rating than SS.
>>
>>85116736
>With Johns you will get DC's MCU
I will take that over the shit we are getting now.
>>
>>85116719

Yes sir...

>>85116746

Animated movie for adults and stoners.
>>
>>85116474
>cracked

Fucking Casuals
>>
>>85116714
And Japan just did another culling after the GB shitshow. Sausage Party may end them
>>
>>85116658
Lack of competition isn't enough any more. Outside 2 or 3 movies (Pet, Dory and Civil War) audiences are just down across the board this summer
>>
File: On your left.gif (557KB, 500x212px) Image search: [Google]
On your left.gif
557KB, 500x212px
>>85114342
IT KEEPS HAPPENING
>>
>>85116746
>And Ben-Hur is coming out in August, so we know what the bomb of the month is going to be.
Seriously, what the fuck were they thinking remaking that movie? It should be illegal to remake that movie.
>>
>>85116775
But Anon i like SP
>>
>>85116658
>BvS was absolutely Snyder's pure vision

No, it wasnt he couldnt get his movie to the theater. His movie is in Blue rays.
>>
>>85116775

It's currently at 100%.

Get a lighter.
>>
>>85116583
the problem is, Time Warner moves A LOT more money with their IPs than Disney/Marvel, so they want to have more control over the movies. Marvel Studios is not there (yet), because they have proven themselves capable of making successful (didnt say good) movies without executives meddling in. Also Warner was not too long ago having internal conflicts about control of the empire.
>>
>>85116655
Sony literally made Ghostbusters
>>
>>85116671
>best live action Clark

The "this is my world" and the Call to mom are some of the most perfect superman scenes ever filmed
>>
>>85116671
Oh I agree the ultimate edition was way better. The version people say in the cinemas was a mess and that was reflected in the movie underperforming.

I think if they had released the ultimate cut first the movie may have breached 1 billion
>>
>>85116793
Really? How so?
>>
File: image.jpg (103KB, 750x937px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
103KB, 750x937px
>suicide squad fails
>future thunderbolts movie and X-force are a succes

How would you feel ?
What face will Warner executives have when that happen?
>>
>>85116187
marketing
>>
>>85115936
>songbird in live action
If they get her costume and look right I'll be ecstatic
>>
File: Marvel wins.jpg (134KB, 648x853px) Image search: [Google]
Marvel wins.jpg
134KB, 648x853px
>>85114342
There's another problem with this movie that I haven't seen talked about much: the merch.
Because of this movie's tone, hell because of its title alone, they aren't going to be able to sell a bunch of merch and toys to kids.
Every Marvel movie is family-friendly enough to sell a bunch of stuff. Most BvS merch wasn't even related to the movie and only sold on the brand of Superman and Batman alone.
Marvel is going to keep dominating the merchworld.
>>
File: Wonder Woman.jpg (101KB, 634x778px) Image search: [Google]
Wonder Woman.jpg
101KB, 634x778px
>Original director dropped out due "creative differences" with the studio
>Original script was scrapped and new draft has been revised more than once
>Shooting began under the original vision of a somber and mythical tale with the dark and gritty aesthetic and mindset of the horrors of WWI
>Story and executive production by Zack Snyder

Cry for her, /co/. She's next.
>>
>>85116809

Have you seen the trailers? They looks fucking hilarious.

>>85116803

>Outside 2 or 3 movies (Pet, Dory and Civil War) audiences are just down across the board this summer

I know I've been seeing less blockbusters in theaters this year, and I try to see as much as possible.

It says something that the best movie I saw in theaters over the summer was Green Room, followed probably by The Nice Guys. It's been a rough time for the blockbusters in 2016.
>>
>>85116838
I'll just borrow one of his.
>>
>>85116187
Someone's ass. Oh and shut the fuck up boco.
>>
File: this-is-not-fine-12-90861a.png (527KB, 800x817px) Image search: [Google]
this-is-not-fine-12-90861a.png
527KB, 800x817px
>>85116885
The same face WB had when Civil Was was praised and reached $1B worldwide.
>>
>>85116885

Like this.

https://youtu.be/DrQcNwsjVEQ
>>
>>85116909
My father saw the trailer during a game, and just shook his head. I haven't seen him that distraught over anything in years.
>>
>>85116885
I don't know about X-Force, but we are so getting Thunderbolts.
>>
>>85116902
Critics won't trash it because of feminism.
>>
>>85116909
I really enjoyed Nice Guys.
Good movie
>>
File: This is fine.jpg (61KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
This is fine.jpg
61KB, 500x500px
>>85116885
>How would you feel ?
Happy to see T-Bolts succeed, glad to see Fox not screwing up again.

>What face will Warner executives have when that happen?
Pic related
>>
>>85116894
Oh hey, it's Songbird/Diamondback. I remember you.
>>
>>85116949
That was surprisingly great camera work from Robot Chicken.
>>
>>85116949
I really want a WB edit of this
>>
>>85116900
I wonder how all that Hot Topic merch will fare following SS's poor reception.
>>
>>85115447
change dot org for that WHEN?
>>
>>85116900
Do we have any info on 2015?
>>
>>85117019
You mean like the petition to shut down Rotten Tomatoes by Suicide Squad fans who hadn't seen the movie yet?
>>
>>85116989

With Will Smith in place of Eddie Murphy.
>>
File: You have failed me brain.jpg (86KB, 803x499px) Image search: [Google]
You have failed me brain.jpg
86KB, 803x499px
>>85115248
>Cut some of Joker's stuff
WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU DO THAT?
HE'S PROBABLY THE ONLY REASON MANY PEOPLE ARE EVEN GONNA WATCH THIS.
>>
>>85116902
The original script was by the guy who wrote Pan.

Fucking Pan.
>>
>>85116775
>if a movie i don't want to be good is better than a movie i want to be good i will do thing

[seth rogen laugh]
>>
File: Flash.jpg (162KB, 1200x600px) Image search: [Google]
Flash.jpg
162KB, 1200x600px
>Original writers and prospective directors dropped out in favor of another project
>Second writer/director dropped out due to "creative differences"
>New director got picked because he can "work with the studio's vision and the script they already have".
>New director has no experience with blockbusters and got selected because he can "appeal to the teen crowd"
>Script is reportedly being revised multiple times and struggling to break new ground from the succesful TV show
>Cyborg has awkwardly been inserted into the plot to build goodwill for his solo movie.

Pray for him, /co/. It's gonna be even worse for him.
>>
>>85117017
Depends how well received Joker and Harley are by teens today.
>>
>>85116909
I think the nice guys is the best thing i saw this year.
>>
>>85116885
If Marvel does Thunderbolts WB will probably sue
>>
>>85117174

>>New director got picked because he can "work with the studio's vision and the script they already have".

Oh yeah. It's DOA.
>>
>>85117174
I'm still going to see it no matter what for qt Iris West.
>>
>>85115249
>avengers 2
>>
>>85117111
cut down one kid, you ready to go.
>>
>>85117063
Yeh.
>>
>>85116278
Green Lantern barely broke even too
maybe the Chinese market could save the movie like it did with Warcraft, but Chinese probably don't give a shit about these characters...
>>
File: AAAAAAAAAA.gif (554KB, 540x772px) Image search: [Google]
AAAAAAAAAA.gif
554KB, 540x772px
>>85117174
>Rehash of the overrated tv show
Im already mad, but the Cyborg shit makes me furious
>>
>>85117222
who's gonna be iris?
>>
>>85116864
Bad Optics. They were not happy with how derisive things went with GB and how that was handled.

SP looks like it'll be bad for Sony Animation branding being adult film of the lowest denominator while they are getting ready to roll out more family films on the Animation brand.
>>
>>85116902
What do you think this is? 2005?
Critics now praise any godawful female-led shit.
>>
>>85117299
>but Chinese probably don't give a shit about these characters...
You guessed it, nothing about this movie looks like it would appeal to the Chinese market.
>>
>>85117174
Don't worry, anon. The film is surely dead after this.
>>
Why aren't people blaming WB?

It seems to me that they're the ones who fucked everything up.
>>
>>85117317
>GB
>SP
What are these?
>>
>>85117350

Who said they aren't?
>>
>>85117356
Ghostbusters and Sausage Party
>>
File: Kiersey Clemons.jpg (15KB, 728x364px) Image search: [Google]
Kiersey Clemons.jpg
15KB, 728x364px
>>85117314
This adorable Disney cartoon.
>>
>>85117017
i gotta say i wouldnt mind having the jokers jacket, but i know any hottoppic shit will be of the lowest quality
>>
>>85117356
Ghost Busters

Sausage Party
>>
File: doubt.jpg (18KB, 282x415px) Image search: [Google]
doubt.jpg
18KB, 282x415px
>>85117199
>>
>>85117356
Green Bay
>>
>>85117350
>everyone is blamming the execs

didn't read?lol?
>>
>>85117174
Ezra was picked so that they can get that Spider-Man crowd. Shame he would have fit better as Wally West than Barry Allen.
>>
>>85117407
People are blaming the directors even though it's the studio's edit which is being released.
>>
I have a question: Is there any good Joker on Harley abuse or at least a fight between the two?
>>
>>85116949
The Eddie Murphy face at the end always gets me
>>
>>85117356
Great Britain and Spain
>>
can Batfleck at least save Batman from Jhons and WB?
>>
>>85117322
If Catwoman was released today, would it be successful?
>>
>>85117350
A lot of people seem to be

If people say DC it's because they don't realize that they probably have no control over this shit beyond Johns being involved

Really there should be an entire list of things WB has done that have screwed DC over somehow
Like vertigo contracts changing, forcing a reboot on them when they weren't ready, WB seemingly poisoning DC as a brand, the state of their toys, etc
>>
>>85117350
Because people want a culprit. They want names they can blame for everything and scream on twitter, not a nebulous board of executives they don't know anything about beyond "they fucked up".
>>
>>85117488

I don't see anyone blaming Ayer. Plenty of Snyder hate, though.
>>
>>85117491
No
>>
>>85117491
Well, he tortures her into submission with electric cattle prods, so...
>>
>>85117514
I don't know, but judging by the ratings of an almost equally terrible Supergirl show it may be.
I actually like female leads, but every single cape-related movie and series has left me feeling disappointed, so forgive my bitterness.
>>
>>85117554
She apparently asks him to do it. Or something.
>>
>>85117174
>Cyborg has awkwardly been inserted into the plot to build goodwill for his solo movie.
Holy shit not even WB wants to deal with him
>>
>>85117515
Don't forget signing over their games to Netherrealms.

>toys
Don't fucking remind me. Mattel needs to get bought out by Hasbro ASAP.
>>
>>85117532
I see more people blaming the directors all around the internet
>>
>>85117514
No, but it bombing would be blamed on misogyny
>>
>>85117350
We are

They just are a conglomerate though and not a face, so people need an actual face to look at. Snyder is an easy one because he's an idiot and all but really WB is behind all this

>>85117514
The same way it came out? It would probably do worse
>>
>>85117547
Well, fuck. Here goes my whatever hype I had.
>>85117554
Not exactly my fetish.
>>
>>85117140
What if moms were going to freak? It had to be removed
>>
>>85117299
>Green Lantern barely broke even too
219 mil on a 200 mil budget is not breaking even in any regard
>>
>>85117600

Ah.
>>
>>85117594
What's so bad about NRS?

>inb4 women's faces

They are improving
>>
>>85117174
>he thinks the Flash film is going to happen

Wonder Woman and JL are gonna bomb and WB is going to commit mass suicide
>>
>>85117594
Mattel has lobbyists and has written legislation to protect themselves. Only Bankruptcy could kill them and not with Barbie keeping them afloat.
>>
>>85117515
Don't forget the TV embargo. http://www.worldsfinestonline.com/WF/sections/faq/
>>
>>85114342
Bob was right all along.
https://twitter.com/bobfinstock/status/730058203061358596?lang=en
>>
Didn't the New 52 have this problem when it first came out where the editors wanted to be the ones in control and not let the writers do anything they wanted?

Just let creators create, fuck.
>>
>>85117711

Fucking Barbie...
>>
>>85117669
>make only one incredibly niche genre of game
>are objectively the worst at making there genre
>complete lack of artistic writing, or game design skills
>>
File: Harley.webm (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Harley.webm
1MB, 1920x1080px
I'm not surprised. Any film that would choose nu-Harley over based Harley was always going to fail.
>>
>>85117746
>Just let creators create
Marvel aren't
>>
>>85117746
But we've got to have money.
>>
>>85117711
>Mattel has lobbyists and has written legislation to protect themselves.

Source? I believe you, but I'd love to see some of that.
>>
>>85117426
i got a great quality one on ebay for just over £100, if you have money going spare i suggest checking there rather then fucking hot topic
>>
>>85117789
Having Harley star in this in the first place was a god damn mistake.

Ayer should have just done Ostrander Squad
>>
>>85117789
Good lord, that ass
>>
>>85117813
And look how much money executive mandated shit makes
>>
>>85117812
Whot the fuck cares about Marvel?
I just want good DC movies.
>>
>>85117866
But the chart says!
>>
>>85117844
oh believe you me i would explore ALL options before deigning to hot topic, thanks for the info friendo
>>
>>85117746
you have to be very confidant in a creator to hand them a couple of hundred million and say go create

There is only a handful of directors with that credibility in Hollywood
>>
>>85117880
Don't you dare use one of the few good recurring Nostalgia Critic gags in this thread
>>
>>85117850
Agreed. But Harley by herself will be a huge box office draw.
>>
File: 1326473231880.gif (2MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
1326473231880.gif
2MB, 400x225px
>>85114342
>"We allow creative director driven vision in our studio!"
>"...Okay time to cut all this. & some of that!"
>>
File: Untitled.png (60KB, 546x453px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
60KB, 546x453px
>>85117732
lol
>>
>>85117912
Didn't expect you to get that. But you know it's true, that's how they do it.
>>
>>85117914

We'll see, won't we?
>>
>>85117507
That depends on his vision of Batman, after BvS he probably thinks Batman is a violent murderer that kills and torture people. I hope based Affleck reads some of the most iconic Batman comics first, otherwise he might do a Punished movie without noticing.
>>
>>85117895
That is a good point. Take a look at Batman vs Batman Returns for example. You can tell how little control Burton had in the first one compared to the sequel.
>>
>>85117949

And then Joel had pretty much no control whatsoever.
>>
>>85116243
I feel like that was the joke though, or at the very least he was saying it was the same quality and he just didn't think much of it beyond lolblockbusters.
>>
>>85117949
Expound? I just rewatched them both recently.
>>
>>85117507
It doesn't matter, it will only prove that only Batman can be done right.
>>
>>85117830
http://reason.com/blog/2009/08/31/law-passed-after-mattel-toy-

https://www.opensecrets.org/lobby/clientsum.php?id=D000000571&year=2008

As noted they really poured it on to fix toy safety regulations. Crippled lot of smaller companies.
>>
Why haven't studios learned their lesson about messing with movies at the last minute? It always does more harm than good.
>>
>>85118034
They probably think the movie would have done worst if they hadn't messed around with the production.
>>
File: mokeys.jpg (40KB, 500x300px) Image search: [Google]
mokeys.jpg
40KB, 500x300px
>>85114342
>>A source with knowledge of events says Warners executives, nervous from the start
>>
>>85117932
Hahahahahahaha
>>
File: wb meeting.jpg (51KB, 548x398px) Image search: [Google]
wb meeting.jpg
51KB, 548x398px
>>85118086
>>
>>85118027
That first link doesn't work :(

But your last line sounds suspiciously like the tobacco regulations recently passed, supported by RJ Reynold and Phillip Morris with the goal of making it too expensive for their smaller rivals to compete.
>>
This movie is actually going to break people if it underperforms
>>
Warner is a studio friendly to directors, they said
Warner lets directors work on their vision, they said
>>
>>85117718
>Products work better when they have a single outlet
Which is why we produce animated, vidya, and movie versions of Batman that all have nothing to do with each other at the same time.
>>
File: skeletonwonder.jpg (10KB, 192x262px) Image search: [Google]
skeletonwonder.jpg
10KB, 192x262px
>>85115294
>Lmao wow
>Wonder Woman and Justice League are definitely not going to be good then

Any doubt about it?
>>
>>85118010
Same.

When I watched the first one, I felt that it had the look of a Burton film, but the tone was all over the place. It was hard to tell if it was a movie that was supposed to be taken seriously or if it was a comedy. Jeez it's hard to explain since it's something I've noticed about the film, but never really thought too hard to explain when it comes to specifics. I guess it feels like a Batman movie with some Burton thrown in.

While Returns is a Burton film with Batman thrown in. It's so fucking good, especially in the third act where the army of penguins marches down the streets of Gotham. The penguins coming in to drop Penguin's body into the water while dramatic and sad music plays is one of the greatest things I've ever seen in a movie.

In fact, fuck, Batman's barely even in Returns. It's all about how insane the film is with Penguin and Catwoman.
>>
I wonder if they'll fall back on calling people who are apprehensive now about wonder woman sexists.
>>
So I guess those rumors about the reshoots adding more levity back in March were true?
>>
>>85118173

Ah! A skeleton!
>>
>>85118199
WB has enough retardation without needing to fall to Sony's level but it's not impossible
>>
>>85118199
There's no way they can try that trick again when Sony got assraped in the box office for it.
>>
>>85118187
I didnt care too much for Danny's Penguin. Too much killer croc, not enough mob boss
>>
>>85118199
SJWs are planning on boycotting Wonder Woman because Gal Godot is Israeli, so they'll probably be calling anyone who goes to see it sexist and racist.
>>
File: 0469728371883.jpg (245KB, 1920x879px) Image search: [Google]
0469728371883.jpg
245KB, 1920x879px
>>85118215
>>
>>85118279
>SJWs are planning on boycotting Wonder Woman because Gal Godot is Israeli
And? Sorry, I don't follow the news much, didIsrael blow something up?
>>
File: laughporpoise.jpg (190KB, 580x386px) Image search: [Google]
laughporpoise.jpg
190KB, 580x386px
>>85114342

>800 million
>>
>>85118109
>That first link doesn't work :(

>Remember the sloppily written "for the children" toy testing law that went into effect last year? The Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act (CPSIA) requires third-party testing of nearly every object intended for a child's use, and was passed in response to several toy recalls in 2007 for lead and other chemicals. Six of those recalls were on toys made by Mattel, or its subsidiary Fisher Price.

>Small toymakers were blindsided by the expensive requirement, which made no exception for small domestic companies working with materials that posed no threat. Makers of books, jewelry, and clothes for kids were also caught in the net. Enforcement of the law was delayed by a year—that grace period ended last week—and many particular exceptions have been carved out, but despite an outcry, there has been no wholesale re-evaluation of the law. Once might think that large toy manufacturers would have made common cause with the little guys begging for mercy. After all, Mattel also stood to gain if the law was repealed, right?

>Turns out, when Mattel got lemons, it decided to make lead-tainted lemonade (leadonade?). As luck would have it, Mattel already operates several of its own toy testing labs, including those in Mexico, China, Malaysia, Indonesia and California.

>So while most small toymakers had no idea this law was coming down the pike until it was too late, Mattel spent $1 million lobbying for a little provision to be included in the CPSIA permitting companies to test their own toys in "firewalled" labs that have won Consumer Product Safety Commission approval.

>The million bucks was well spent, as Mattel gained approval late last week to test its own toys in the sites listed above—just as the window for delayed enforcement closed.

>Instead of winding up hurting, Mattel now has a cost advantage on mandatory testing, and a handy new government-sponsored barrier to entry for its competitors.
>>
>>85118279
>SJWs are planning on boycotting Wonder Woman because Gal Godot is Israeli

How is that any different from protesting against Cisbusters?
>>
>>85116900
They always do, anyway. Going down to the local shops or the supermarket, you'll find Marvel toys/sweets/general paraphernalia everywhere. DC? You'd be lucky.
>>
>>85118336
The news usually only reports on such things when it's white male shitlords being assholes, not when it's SJWs being assholes.

>>85118376
When SJWs do it, it's automatically righteous.
>>
>>85114342
>A source

Dropped.
>>
>>85117718
soooo

>forcing changes in vertigo contracts, right as TWD craze made creators more aware of image and/or directly causing Image to become even more popular due to rights
>forcing a reboot on them when they weren't ready, causing comic fans to hate them
>the entirety of the DCEU, causing the general public to hate them
>state of the toys, staying with Mattel in general
>tv embargoes

Anything else WB has fucked DC with?
Doesn't WB not give a fuck about CN fucking DC shit over?

It's like the only thing they've done even remotely right is DC Superhero Girls since that actually sells and has pretty good reception where it's supposed to.
>>
File: 1390546250037.png (288KB, 301x432px) Image search: [Google]
1390546250037.png
288KB, 301x432px
>>85114342
>Another veteran says the goal is survival
Prophecy fulfilled.
All fucking in now, aye?
>>
>>85115600
I just want another Batman movie. That's all. Should've been the second in this verse.
>>
>>85118336

She just supports them. Which is apparently enough.

She's labeled a 'Zionist'.
>>
File: 1465854634600.jpg (58KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1465854634600.jpg
58KB, 640x480px
>>85118279
>If you don't watch The new Ghostbusters or like Jessica Jones, you're a misogynist!
>If you go see Wonder Woman, you're a misogynist, & a racist!

Mother of God!
>>
>>85118336
http://heatst.com/entertainment/wonder-womans-gal-gadot-attacked-online-by-sjws-for-being-a-zionist/
>>
>>85117480
They've basically been writing Barry with Wally's personality recently anyway, to make up for the fact that Barry was never that interesting.
>>
>>85118109
Probably would have done that to Hasbro had the Transformers movies not done so well along with other properties.

And Disney Princess licence going to Hasbro as a deal to get Hasbro to back off purchasing DreamWorks.
>>
>>85118452
Yeah they shouldn't have rushed this shit

a good Batman movie could've caused a BvS movie to be less bloated and you could've had a couple SS members be in the movie, get fleshed out a little, and get arrested
>>
WB are literally killing their brands.
>>
So will this finally make WB admit that they did too much too soon? Not saying we needed separate movies for each squad member, but god damn I wanted better paced world building than this
>>
>>85117932
>Jumpman !!wPhlyh8seG+

Dropped.
>>
>>85118508
>So will this finally make WB admit that they did too much too soon?
No

They'll fuck up Wonder Woman and Justice League in a desperate attempt to make those movies better

They will learn literally nothing from this
>>
>>85114342
>The movie's got to do $750 million, $800 million to break even

See, this is when we know this shit is fake.
>>
>>85118536
Will their new DC Entertainment head then leverage to being totally independent.
>>
>>85118541

It's stupid, but perfectly believable in modern day Hollywood.
>>
File: CagulfOUkAAe2uH.jpg (58KB, 600x291px) Image search: [Google]
CagulfOUkAAe2uH.jpg
58KB, 600x291px
>>85114342
Ayer probably knew they were going to fuck with his movie, that's why he posted this pic. Shit was cut from 2h30 to 2hours of absolutely horrid pacing all throughout the movie.
>>
>>85118483
>Gadot spent two years of mandatory military service in the Israel Defense Forces, where she excelled so much in boot camp that she became a combat trainer.
the more you know
>>
Start the cycle back up!

>Wonder WOman starts the Johns era
>>
>>85118494

Even the Xformer movies have had diminishing returns. They peaked at 2, and every successive movie has had less box office.
>>
>>85118594
>woman
>combat trainer
HAHAHAHAHAHA
No wonder Jews have to manipulate people instead of straight-up conquering them.
>>
File: U.jpg (59KB, 493x324px) Image search: [Google]
U.jpg
59KB, 493x324px
>>85118279
Wait, what?
>>
>>85118453
>She just supports them.

She IS them she is an Israeli of course she supports Israel only Liberals,SJWs, Stromfags,and Muslims don't
>>
>>85118597
Nah, nobody here expects WW to be good.

>Gal hasn't proven herself a good actress
>she has 0% charisma
>they've already rewritten the movie and changed a lot of things
>Snyder is involved

only thing it has going for it is being an okay period piece that people may be too nervous to criticize to harshly due to it being the first superheroine movie in a long time
>>
File: 1330155997237.png (57KB, 121x193px) Image search: [Google]
1330155997237.png
57KB, 121x193px
>>85118199
>>85118279
>>85118336
>>85118483
>>85118594
>>85118634
>Misogyny is only okay when SJWs do it.
>>
>>85118594
Skinny and looks like a freaky Slinder cousin. Pin you down and snap your neck. Maxwell Lord incoming.
>>
>>85118453
>Which is apparently enough.

That's the definition of Zionism you dumbass.
>>
>>85118656
Be Ghostbusters reviews all over again.
>>
>>85118573
Maybe, but it won't be allowed. WB execs would have to accept they can't handle this shit, and they have been refusing to acknowledge that for decades.

>>85118583
To be fair, that doesn't look like that much of an editing clusterfuck for a 2 hour movie
>>
>>85118656
>she has 0% charisma
You mean like all women?
The closest to being charismatic women can do LOLSOQUIRKYXD and even that is shit.
>>
>>85118689
WonderWoman is going to get canned by alt right fags for being a jew, and SJWs just for her israeli zionism shit. Antisemitism will be kept alive and well!
>>
I think Wonder Woman's first mistake was setting it in WW1. Sure theres potential there in regard to Ares, but I cant help but think the animated Wonder Woman movie had the better idea
>>
>>85118723
Voice actresses seem to be able to pull it off. Film actresses falter.
>>
>>85118791
I give you that one. I have never seen a genuinely charismatic actress though.
>>
>>85116833
Yeah and it's still not good, just longer and slightly more coherent.
>>
>>85116902
>>Shooting began under the original vision of a somber and mythical tale with the dark and gritty aesthetic and mindset of the horrors of WWI

That could be fucking awesome. It won't be, but it could be.
>>
>>85118723
And you wonder why you don't get laid.
>>
>>85118949
Because I call 'em like I see 'em?
>>
>>85118946

If it was "somber" that just meant more of Snyder's gloomy bullshit.
>>
>>85115936
I'm okay with this.
>>
>>85117174
>>New director has no experience with blockbusters and got selected because he can "appeal to the teen crowd"

JESUS FUCKING CHRIST WHAT IS EVEN THE POINT THEN? JUST PUT THE TV SHOW ACTORS IN THE MOVIE THEY ALREADY DO A GOOD JOB

I'm so fucking mad at WB
>>
>>85118946
Not with WB. The directors that aren't Snyder might know what they're doing but WB wants to shit on months of work with a fucking crayon.
>>
>>85116655
warner executives are in a flaming building, have called the firemen, then in their panic are tryin to the job of the firemen in their place, interfering with the firemen and making things worse. Which makes them panic more
>>
>>85116474
>Making me agree with Cracked

I don't know if I hate you or the movie more.
>>
>>85119111
Don't shoot the messenger.
>>
>>85119002
he's a damn good director tho, anon's making shit up
>>
File: 1469744098344.jpg (55KB, 400x316px) Image search: [Google]
1469744098344.jpg
55KB, 400x316px
>>85116833
What difference does it make if the guy goes "hi, I'm officially Jimmy Olsen!" before getting shot in the head?
What difference does it make if Jenna Malone goes "did you know the exploding chair and suspicious bullets were made by the baddie?" as if we didn't know already?
Was there any change to muh Martha? Did they provide the somehow omnipresent Lois with a personality? Was Doonsday's presence and creation suddenly compelling? Did they remove the JL commercials? Is the score suddenly more coherent? Were the horses saved?

The only improvements I can agree on were the Africa scenes being more clear and Clark actually doing something, but as a character he's still kinda dull, so... the movie just doesn't change in a truly significant way
>>
>>85117174
Use the Flash to reboot the D.C. movie universe.
>>
>>85119274
Just like the re-designed Flash brought superheroes out of the post-comics-code slump. I like it.
>>
>>85119265
Not a single thing you listed is a bad thing.they are either not muh or just stuff you didnt like.
>>
>>85119274
literally the only way for this to be fixed

wonder woman and jl are too far in to change shit and flash can be the hero we need and deserve
>>
Reminder that nearly everything Superman is fucked in this universe
>No chance of Parasite, Metallo, Livewire, or Bizarro
>Jimmy is dead
>Pa Kent didnt die from heart related issues
>Spaz Lex
>Mercy is dead
>Death of Superman impact done prematurely
>>
>>85119343
I would not be surprised if Wonder Woman and JL wind up being good somehow. Stranger things have happened.
>>
>>85116391
ALL THEY NEEDED TO DO WAS SHOWING MORE WW2 MECHA NAZI SHENANIGANS!
>>
>>85119363
>>No chance of Parasite, Metallo, Livewire, or Bizarro

Why?
>>
>>85119363
>No chance of Parasite, Metallo, Livewire, or Bizarro
how so?
>>
>>85119417
>>85119463
For starters theyre not doing anymore Superman solos, and they gave Doomsday a portion of Parasites powers.
>>
>>85115248
they had a good movie.. a great movie and just threw it away

i hate wb, i fucking hate them
>>
Who thought a team up movie BEFORE establishing the individual characters was a good idea?
If these guys show up individually now it'll feel like a step back.
>>
>>85119537
Well to be fair you can get away with it with the Suicide Squad, just the execution was done below expectations. The real issue in terms of establishment lies with the Justice League. BUT WE DOUBLING DOWN NOW FELLAS
>>
>>85119473
That's a pretty dumb reason.
>>
>>85119604
In what context do you really see any of those villains appearing, let alone done well? Because we're not getting anymore Superman movies
>>
>>85119707
Suicide Squad Sequel
>>
>>85117017

>Plus Sizes available online only

That's 75% of Harley Quinn cosplayers.
>>
>>85119707

Maybe as JL villains? Not main ones, just guys they catch during the opening montage or something.
>>
>>85115248
>>85115231
PG-13 audience was a mistake
>>
>>85115249
So wait, Rogue One is gonna be good?

Was this before or after all the reshoots? I'm dying to know. This could be another Skwad!
>>
>>85119806
Shut up Boco
Id rather have nothing. Thats some X3 Sentinel bullshit
>>
>>85119878

Yes sir...
>>
>>85117784
>make only one incredibly niche genre of game
And? That might be a problem if they were the only ones making DC games but they aren't. Hell the TT Batman game just came out yesterday.

>are objectively the worst at making there genre
That is objectively not true.

>complete lack of artistic writing, or game design skills
Writing is on par with your average comic and the games run well, play fine if you like NRS style fighting and have tons of content.
>>
>>85117710
>>85093079
>>
>>85116361
maybe to recoup the losses from BvS. 800 mil will show that there's still enough interest in the DCEU to justify their faith in Justice League.
>>
>>85119160

Sabotage was not fucking good, you take that back.
>>
File: p4885_p_v8_aa.jpg (610KB, 960x1440px) Image search: [Google]
p4885_p_v8_aa.jpg
610KB, 960x1440px
>>85119537
have disniggers never seen a movie in their lives
>>
>>85116775
Fowarded to the proper authorities
>>
>>85114342
Poor Ayer. If WB isn't giving directors the control over their films that they promised then there's really no appeal to the DCEU. I'd hope WB would wise up but that seems impossible.
>>
>>85119917
But there are no other DC games. The Arkham series died a painful death after the first one and they can't even manage a re-release, and Telltale basically makes shovelware.
>>
>>85120032
Pretty sure the main draw of DC movies is that they're about characters people actually give a shit about instead of ex- D-Listers
>>
>>85120046
>Died a painful death after the first one
Arkham City says otherwise
>>
>>85119537
GotG.
>>
>>85120032
>If WB isn't giving directors the control over their films that they promised
Anon, in the same article they promoted themselves as being the studio that didn't micromanage like Disney, and allowed filmmaker driven storytelling, they also tossed out a shitload of red flags indicating that they were micromanaging just like Disney, except not as well. Giving control of the movies to filmmakers was always just a meme that WB was throwing out with no substance behind it.
>>
>>85120084
Arkham City made money but it was a fucking awful game in every way.
>>
So WB execs are the fucking devil?

They forced JL tie-in bullshit into BvS (theres no way those teasers werent a last minute addition) and made Snyder edit his film into nothing to the point where it no longer made sense and the majority of real criticism pointed towards choppy editing which harmed the story and characters.

They forced Ayer into adding QUIPS and changed the tone of his movie to chase the Marvel crowd instead of letting him do what he wanted (dark, weird and creepy), and now much criticism goes after the fact that movie doesn't seem to know what it wants to be

Like, WB are literally sabotaging their own fucking movies, meanwhile the Directors are being shit on and blamed.
>>
>>85120123

I dread hearing what you thought of Knight.
>>
>>85120046
>The Arkham series died a painful death after the first one

Oh okay, your opinions are terrible regarding all video games and not just fighting games, never mind then.
>>
Despite the majority critical consensus, I think it'll still make bank. People seem pretty typed by it, but if general audiences are disappointed by it, then the DCEU is in major trouble.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=thV9a56s5_0
>>
>>85120032
Why would you think they'd give up control? That's stupid, they would never do that. The real issue is that the head is poisoned and it's bringing down the body.
>>
>REQUEST!!!
>Does anyone have that pic of the Japanese bikers that inspired Katana's outfit?
Thanks!
>>
>>85120138
The directors suck ass too, their movies have all been shit.

None of the directors cuts made them good.
>>
>>85120200
*hyped
**DCEU brand
>>
File: 1466448915421.jpg (303KB, 1280x872px) Image search: [Google]
1466448915421.jpg
303KB, 1280x872px
>>85120249
fag
>>
I saw the movie yesterday at the premiere. Ask me whatever you want. I actually liked it. The third act is pretty generic tho
>>
>>85120339
>Ask me whatever you want.

What's your favorite pizza topping?
>>
I'm not sure what you all expected.
> A key concern for Warners executives was that Suicide Squad didn't deliver on the fun, edgy tone promised in the strong teaser trailer for the film. So while Ayer pursued his original vision, Warners set about working on a different cut
We've known about this for months, why are you people still surprised?
>>
>People were cheering for Margot Robbie WOW YOU DODGED A BULLET GURL because she picked this movie over Fantfourstick
>It's only marginally better apparently
kek
>>
>>85120339
Did you like BvS? whether you did or not, is SS better?
>>
>>85115342
>>85115395
seems like he wasnt aware of the actual cap and bucky plotline desu, probably worked on the airport section of the movie
>>
>>85120339
When did you figure out that you were a gay
>>
>yfw you realize WB had Kevin fiege first and then fired him
>>
>>85120144
>actually liking Mortal Kombat
>ACTUALLY liking Arkham Shitty

Jesus christ
>>
>>85120445
>>>85120339
I dont really like pizza

>>85120473
I did like BvS, but SS was better

>>85120487
Yes
>>
>>85114342
Whose more at fault? Synder? DC? WB?
>>
>>85120526
>I dont really like pizza

OPINIONS DISCARDED!
>>
>>85120497
Thank god.
>>
>>85120339

Do the rest of the team member get to do anything useful/interesting or does the story mainly just focus on Will Smith, Harley and the Joker?

Is Captain Boomerang good?
>>
File: fuck you say.png (177KB, 471x312px) Image search: [Google]
fuck you say.png
177KB, 471x312px
I don't give a shit either way about Suicide Squad. It really seemed like it was gonna be bad. But I can NOT stand the
>A source with knowledge of events
shit.

If you can't say what your source is then you don't have a fucking source.
>>
>>85120526

>don't like pizza

He ain't human!
>>
>>85116736
As opposed to another half decade of shit movies? I'd take DC Flavored MCU any day
>>
>>85120501
>>
>>85116736

WHAT, WE'D GET ACTUALLY GOOD MOVIES ? fuck that noise we need more uniquely awful films
>>
6 weeks for Ayer to write the script and then right into filming? Rushing the director with a script that still needs a lot of work to get into production is how they would up with Snyder in the first place.

http://www.vulture.com/2010/10/fox_offers_wolverine_2_to_aronofsky.html

We're told by knowledgeable insiders the reason Warner Bros. picked Snyder for Man of Steel is that the script by David Goyer was rushed, is still a bit of a mess, and that Warner Bros. needs someone who won't spend months or even years trying to get it just right (i.e., Aronofsky), because time is the one thing they don't have: The studio must have a new Superman movie in production by 2011 or they'll be subject to potential lawsuits by the heirs of the superhero's creators.

>We're told that Snyder was not really Warner's first choice to direct Superman, but that a director needed to be hired imminently. >Privately, even Snyder has confided to agency sources that the current Superman script needs work, but clearly Warner Bros. believes he can get it done faster than Aronofsky.
>>
>>85120526
Fuck you man.
>>
>>85116557
>Nostalgia
>for 2011

It's only been five years.
>>
>>85120636
It's mostly Deadshot, Harley, and actually a bit of Diablo, the rest are just there. I'd say Caiptan Boomerang is acceptable. There are plenty of awsome scene just as there are some scenes that are there just for the mneyshot, but that isn't really a big issue. Also, there are some unnecesary quips, but nothhing out of control, and Harley can kind of feel like a meme sometimes but it's not that bad.
>>
So strawpoll here.

WHO THINKS JL WILL BE THE LAST DCEU MOVIE ?

http://www.strawpoll.me/10906576
>>
>>85119537
X men I guess
>>
>>85121319

It can't be. WW and JL are too far along.
>>
>>85120339
Is Marcus in your garden too?
>>
>>85120661
>If you can't say what your source is then you don't have a fucking source.
No, it just means that the source doesn't want his name to be public you idiot. If the source is revealed, he'll probably lose his job. Confidentiality is a thing in journalism.
>>
File: leave marlel to me.jpg (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
leave marlel to me.jpg
2MB, 1920x1080px
Don't worry, mates. I will save your DCEU.
>>
>>85120672
ayy
>>
Also for those of you who like spoilers
The villain isEnchantress and her brother, who summon some weird shit to get revenge on humanity for not worshiping them any longer, she is able to take control of people and creates an army of rocky looking people
Batman is pretty cool in the movie and is responsible for Deadshot and Harley being in prison.
The Flash appears in a flashback in full suit as seen in the Justice Leage trailer
>>
File: 1422588159216.png (408KB, 900x520px) Image search: [Google]
1422588159216.png
408KB, 900x520px
>>85120526
>I dont really like pizza
>>
>>85118317

She has a weird head.
>>
>>85115249
He missed with Deadpool. And I didn't even have any expectations of a Deadpool movie.
>>
>>85119335

Lol you liked BvS
>>
File: 1467485213783.gif (415KB, 480x238px) Image search: [Google]
1467485213783.gif
415KB, 480x238px
>>85119335
>no rebuttal

Here you go
>>
>>85115525

Couldn't the same be said for Ghostbusters and BvS?
>>
>>85121846
BvS yes

Ghostbusters no
>>
>>85121347
>WHO THINKS JL WILL BE THE LAST DCEU MOVIE ?
> JL are too far along.

Goddamnit Boco, read
>>
>>85120339

Boxers or briefs?
>>
>>85121886

Hm. Maybe I'm dyslexic.

Or just stupid.
>>
>>85121953
Don't sell yourself short, Boco. You're probably both.
>>
>>85115600

it deserves to bomb, it looks pretty shit.

I kinda hope WB loses so much money from BvS, SS, WW, and JL that they just HAVE to stop making cape films.

Let DC heroes heal, let everyone get the taste out of their mouths for a few years and then either retry to do a connected universe or just go back to individual films for heroes..i dunno..dont care as long as they get back to making good movies again.
>>
File: 1436908910502.jpg (36KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1436908910502.jpg
36KB, 500x500px
>>85121953
Both you nerd.
>>
Will this kill the Harley spinoff?

Please?
>>
>>85122204

It always cracks me up when big studios announce a dozen spinoffs and sequels before a movie's even released and then turns out to be a giant embarrassing clusterfuck.
>>
>>85122280
That's doesn't happen often
>>
>>85116745
>>85116576
but what's the point? can you explain? why sabotage your own movie?
>>
>>85121235
How high would you rate this movie compared to Marvel's fare?
>>
>>85122380

True, but when it does it's always an entertaining disaster.
>>
it's obvious there's a DC hate-bias

DC seems more elitist, DC has a higher opinion of themselves, DC refuses to dumb down the content for the masses, DC is more complex, DC films are art

that's why SJW's hate DC and their comics and films
>>
>>85122413

So they can write it off on their taxes.
>>
>>85122413
Ever see the play/movie The Producers? That's why.
>>
File: tips.webm (1MB, 630x354px) Image search: [Google]
tips.webm
1MB, 630x354px
>>85122526
>>
>baaaw why is the tone so serious :(
>baaaw why can't it just be a dumb silly action packed blockbuster like the rest of the comic-book movie shlock
>I don't want to think I want to have fun what are you? nolan?
>comic book movies aren't supposed to be deep or thought-invoking

it's literally MoS and BvS all over again, plebs ruin everything
>>
>>85122466
Quips-wise, Marvel is worse, but in comparison Civil War leaps and bounces over Suicide Squad, it is definitely better than Fant4stic, way better. There is FUN in the movie.
>>
>>85122526

Or, ya know, they just don't make good movies.
>>
>>85122637
DC stands for Damage Control.
>>
>>85122751

how in the hell is MoS not a good movie? it's amazing, it's actually a fucking film unlike the tv tier shit Marvel pumps out
>>
File: 1463517804793.jpg (123KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1463517804793.jpg
123KB, 1200x1200px
>>85122637
>>
>>85122783

it's actually Detective Comics
>>
>>85122798
Not muh superman
>>
>>85122798

Too dark and dreary.

Superman should be bright. Inspirational.
>>
>>85122811

>company wars
>/v/ tier sony vs microsoft mentality

off yourself pls you fucking infant
>>
>>85122859
>company wars
what? where?
>>
>>85122843

and what version of superman is that? by that retarded logic any comic that features a 'different' superman is not good, red son, morrison's nazi superman, new 52 supes, etc. the main reason seems to be people who don't read comics at all and the only version of superman they know is from the animated series or the old films, and they constantly want that
>>
>>85122820

>the joke
>your head
>>
>>85122941

DC stands for Detective Comics you idiot, geez how stupid are you friend?
>>
>>85119473
We don't know that.
>>
>>85122855
>Superman should be bright. Inspirational.

MoS had plenty of that. Or do you mean Superman has to give speeches that blatantly beat you on the head how inspirational he is?
>>
>>85122958
he's not your friend, guy
>>
>>85122959
It seems pretty likely that Superman is becoming DC's Hulk,which seems pretty apt after MoS.
>>
>>85122959
Sure we do. Just watch Supergirl if you want more superman, because the character is now poison in hollywood.
>>
>>85122985

It'd be nice, yeah.
>>
>That moment when you realize you will never get to see another Superman movie due to WB being retards.
>>
>>85122985
No it didn't you fucking liar.
>>
>>85123001
He's not your guy, pal.
>>
>>85122985
>MoS had plenty of that
Literally where? He was miserable and absolutely hated being superman. 3 seconds of enjoyment when he was learning how to fly does not equal bright or inspirational.
>>
>>85122985
Post examples
>>
>>85123078
>>85123087

I keep forgetting anyone can post on 4chan and most of the people here work as cab or bus drivers and are generally the lowest of the low and massive PLEBS, unlike myself, carry on faggots

>>85123102

sure we will, MoS made more money than any Superman film to date

>>85123109
>>85123138

yes it did, Clark overcame the odds multiple times, sacrificed everything and came out on top, not Snyder's fault you're a dum dum who needs everything spelled out
>>
>>85123110
I'm not your pal, buddy
>>
>>85123102
Its really depressing., I've already made peace that I'll never see a decent superman movie in my lifetime, especially now that the character is box office poison. And I'm sure as fuck not going to start watching supergirl.
>and are generally the lowest of the low and massive PLEBS, unlike myself
Figures it was a troll.
>>
>>85123157
Nice singles
>>
>>85123157

>unlike myself

A thousand pardons, Sahim.
>>
>>85123157
Then why didn't we get MOS 2?
>>
>>85123162
I'm not your buddy, dude.
>>
>>85123185
I don't think he is box office poison. The studio behind him is.
>>
>>85123224

because WB decided to make a film with Batman and Batman's name in the title you dolt

for all intents and purposes BvS is a MoS movie or MoS 2, superman is in the focus of the film, Luthor is the main villain
>>
>>85123276
When I say he's box office poison, I mean how hollywood now sees the character. You aren't going to see another superman movie for a very long long time. It's also why hes suddenly and inexplicably allowed to be used on supergirl, because studios aren't going to use him for the foreseeable future outside of small cameo and bit scenes here and there so they don't care.
>>
>>85123287
>for all intents and purposes BvS is a MoS movie or MoS 2, superman is in the focus of the film
Spiderman in civil war had more lines than superman. Shut the fuck up.
>>
For the record, they were planning a MoS2 with Metallo.

Then WB decided they wanted Avengers money but didn't wanna work for it, so we got BvS:Justice League 0.5.
>>
>>85123353
BvS was about Superman's influence and impact on the world you nincompoop.
>>
>>85123287
>Batman
And that's the problem
>>
>>85123353
>Its really depressing

Everything circles superman, it's a tragedy. Superman is the absolute focus of the movie
>>
>>85123424
But not about Superman himself though.
>>
>>85123457
So?
>>
>>85123353

how dumb are you friend?
>>
>>85123457

Superman is still the driving force of the picture even if he himself in person is not on screen all the time.
>>
>>85123473
I wanted MOS 2.
WB should have done:
Man of Steel(2013)
The Caped Crusador(2014)
Wonder Woman(2014)
Man Of Steel 2(2015)
Batman V Superman (2016)
JL (2017)
Flash(2017)
Aquaman (2018)
>>
>>85123508
Yeah, fuck me for wanting a superman flick I guess.
>>
>>85123573
>Batman V Superman
Should just call it The World's Finest, and just cut out the bullshit.
>>
>>85116311
The movie made more sense then the comic version of Civil War
>>
>>85123573
They only just decided to do a DC movie universe in 2014
>>
>>85123636
This.
>>
>>85123655
That explains why there were no DC movies in 2014 or 2015.
>>
>>85123655
So they are even more stupid than I thought they where?
>>
>>85123573
>Aquaman (2018)

Literally retarded
>>
>>85123717
I think you're still overestimating them desu
>>
>>85123655
I remember reading about how they intended for Green Lantern to be the first movie in a potential DC movie universe. That was probably just bullshit though.
>>
>>85123724
is that not when its coming out anyways
>>
File: REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.png (211KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.png
211KB, 500x500px
>>85114342
>>85115231
>>85115248

FUCKING WB EXECS, STOP LISTENING TO MARVEL NU-MALE KEK OPINIONS AND MUH FUN FAGGOTS, STOP TRYING TO MIMIC BLAND SAFE SPACE MOVIES AND LET YOUR DIRECTORS DO THEIR SHIT!
>>
>>85123756

Oh, it's true. It's damn true.
>>
>>85123573
>We need filler movies because clearly no one knows who these people are
>just like the filler movies for Star Wars
>>
>>85123756

If green lantern was good he would have been in the Justice League.
>>
>>85123783
You mean like they did with MoS and BvS?
No thank you.
>>
>>85117335
>>85117299
They hate jap characters too, right?
>>
>>85123995

With a passion.
>>
>>85123826
>BvS

you mean the movie that was supposed to be MoS 2 and had a script from Goyer that was re-written by Terrio and partly by Ben, that movie which kept adding cameos to kickstart the whole cinematic universe and was edited to oblivion shortly before release? yeah, WB execs sure didn't mess with that one.
>>
>>85123767
Yes, literally retarded to make an Aquaman movie
>>
File: Hal.jpg (47KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
Hal.jpg
47KB, 320x240px
>>85123756
Green Lantern was their response to Iron Man.
Green Lantern was supposed to fulfill exactly the same role for a DCEU.
They got Le Snarky Handsome lead,
But then Studio Execs and Johns waded into it, and it turned into a bigger clusterfuck than Superman Returns (which itself was supposed to relaunch at LEAST a new Superman franchise of films).
>>
>>85118336
Fundamentalist Jews in Israel are sexist, well fundamentalist anything usually are, they literally photoshop women even world leaders out of their newspapers and shit, like the Bin Laden raid thing that had Obama, Clinton, and everyone else in that situation room sorta, photoshopped Clinton and some other women that were there out.
Though that may not be the reason they're doing a boycott or whatever.
>>
>>85123995
>>85124024
so will Skwad do well in Japan because of Katana?
>>
>>85115193
>>85115231
>>85115193
>>85115172
So fucking frustrating....
>>
>>85124028
They didn't. It was all Snyder's call.
>>
>>85124208
You are not allowed to belittle Ryan Reynolds after Deadpool.
>>
>>85124530
that was literally what he was though. Fuck off
>>
>>85117645

Oh christ. It did THAT BADLY? The marketing campaign itself would easily eat 100 mil of that right off. They marketed the hell out of that film, there were TV spots all over the place.

I knew GL did badly, on account of having eyes and a functioning brain behind them, but I didn't think it was gonna be that bad.
>>
>>85124028
>Goyer
>Terrio
>Ben
>WB execs
One of these things is not like the other.
Let us not forget that Snyder is the one who says he either suggested including Batman into MoS2, or was asked if he'd be interested in including him to which he responded in the affirmative.
On top of all of that, the inclusion of cameos as set up was something skeptics like myself warned about for literally years, and every time we did we were cajoled with responses of "It's okay when Marvel does it, it worked in Guardians."
More than that though, it is funny how you are now blaming the studio for problems people said they had with BvS that those of the Snyder cult still defend to this day.
I'll concede the editing of the theatrical release because there seems to be more legitimizing that claim than not, but even Larry Fong said that if you didn't like the theatrical release, you wouldn't like the extended cut.
For all of the logical hoops you guys jump through to try to justify that these movies are better than many say they are though, the much simpler one is a proven story that has happened time and time again. Hollywood execs own the rights to something that they don't even understand on even the most basic of levels, and allow the production of a movie using those rights that incorporate the things those execs misinterpreted as what made something successful successful (Deadpool was successful because it was rated R for example) and the final product winds up being garbage. This is the studio that made Green Lantern, and Jonah Hex, and rushed production of MoS to avoid losing the rights to the characters. It isn't some grand conspiracy. Disney isn't doing anything to subvert them other than releasing simple digestible movies on a regular basis that the masses enjoy. WB just can't get out of its own way. They believe in what their doing despite SS looking like it is going to be strike 3 on their shared universe. want a better reception? WB needs to make better movies first.
>>
>>85121677
I thought it was an enjoyable film. I think he was pretty spot on about it being good but not as good as you want it to be.
>>
>>85124208
Johns was a creative consultant on Green Lantern and the WB forced them to mash together three separate scripts before shooting.
>>
>>85115936
Fuck yes, i hope citizen V looks the same as in the comic, bagley's design for him is gold
>>
>>85116522

Worldwide. Domestically, it was outgrossed by a superhero movie featuring pegging and shot for almost $200 million less. Warner Brothers is very disappointed in its performance.
>>
>>85124840
>Johns was a creative consultant
And one of the several writers, he put Parallax in
>>
>>85121884

I just can't beleive nobody in Sony thought to mention at any point, even though their company HQ is literally across the fucking pond from China that they don't allow Ghost films of any kind.

Why, in the year of the lord 2016 would you deliberately make a film that you can't show to possibly the biggest growing cinema audiance in the world right now? Why, when other companies are actually making special Chinese centric edits to their pre-existing films, would you make a multi-million dollar film that you can't BY LAW show in that country?
>>
>>85125138
And? Is not surprise americans get confused by simple movies like BvS.
>>
>>85125281
>he put Parallax in
did he vouch for Parallax to look like he did in the film?
>>
>>85125281
>he put Parallax in
Knew it, so he is just using another story to cover Hal. Fucking piece of goddamn fanboying garbage.

He didn't want the Parallax Hal story being adapted plain by any script writer down the road, so he injected the emotional avatar bullshit in as early as possible.

No one give me any bullshit about it actually setting things up or because it's the new official origin, firstly it didn't setup dick for most of said movie until the end and then it died in the sun in the same movie it's introduced only for Sinestro to get setup for a sequel instead of the other way around what the fuck? And as a whole it didn't achieve dick. Not to Earth, not to the GLC, not even to Hal who dealt with it without even trying. As for new origins, I watched First Flight and it managed to get things done just fine without any yellow space bug bullshit. Likely because it was written by Alan Burnett instead of a cereal sipping idiot.

That movie was likely going to crash and burn one way or the other, but fact remains he probably derailed it anyway just to get one more in on how Parallax is absolutely, completely not Hal's fault. So it's just this hour long road of bullshit.

God I'm so mad, I don't know what /co/ is thinking encouraging him getting any leeway with the DCEU. He needs to be kept as far away from GLC as possible if it has any chance of being good. Gibbons and Tomasi are the only people anyone should be consulting on that project.
Hell, Gibbons was just talking about how to sort this DCEU mess out for the sake of everyone getting a good show. He's the first person they should have gone to, not the bootlickers who have been quietly yes manning this fiasco.
>>
>>85126456
>He didn't want the Parallax Hal story being adapted plain by any script writer down the road, so he injected the emotional avatar bullshit in as early as possible.

That's not the only plus:

If he got the colored corps he would get extra money in the sequels. He pushed for the colored corps in the failed cartoon too. Johns is Johns biggest fan he will push for his stories and only his work to be adapted.
>>
>>85126961
There has to be an end to this somehow. With all the lore, planets, races and characters GLC has, it has the potential to be bigger than Star Wars.

This could have been the case years ago, yet here we are. I'm losing my mind watching a concept with this much potential get diluted into trite nonsense over and over because of one man's indulgent obsessions.It's just like the criticism of Hal making nothing but green boxing gloves, except it's costing insane amounts of money and resources and my sanity.

He literally won't stop, I think he can't stop, I don't even believe he knows how to stop.
>>
>>85127397
Gl turned into light wars and still hasnt recovered. The reason for this are TOY LINES. GL isnt about space cops anymore is about war between corps and 2 new earth American lanterns created by... Johns.
Thread posts: 511
Thread images: 52

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.